Start by marking “Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)” as Want to Read:
Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)

Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Sam Hawke runs an activities program called Haven in inner-city St. Louis. He resents journalist Ana Burns's determination to expose Haven's eroding infrastructure and possible shut down the centre. While battling these issues Sam and Ana gradually become aware of another, more sinister problem at Haven: the underbelly of the child sex industry.
Published January 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Thread of Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thread of Deceit

Mark
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just recently discovered Catherine Palmer's suspense novels. I had read her regular books years ago, but never her suspense... and I am hooked. I am not sure why Fatal Harvest is called Haven #1, as it has nothing to do with this book or the following, but it was a good read also.

This one covers a tough subject: child molestation and sex trafficking. Palmer handled it well, and introduced some great characters working at the Haven center for youth. I loved the suspense and plot, but the book
Mary Beth
Feb 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
This a Christian novel involving Ana from Brownsville, Texas. Ana has moved to St. Louis to work as a newspaper writer and to escape bad childhood memories. She meets Sam, an ex-Marine Re-con soldier, with demons of his own. Sam is trying to establish Haven, a safe place for inner-city poor kids. Together they manage to uncover a huge child slavery ring. Good story with excellent thoughts about God as our father and protector.
Judie
I thought the book was well-written. It's always difficult to rate a book that I don't particularly care for in the sense of it being enjoyable. The subject matter of this book isn't a happy topic, and I try to avoid books dealing with things like this. Sometimes real life isn't necessarily edifying.
esc
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Dark Subject and Difficult Read

This book was extremely hard to read because of the subject matter. Even though the author knew her subject, I did not like it at all and skipped parts here and there. Not a subject I would ever care to expose myself to again in a novel.
Regina
Aug 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
Could not get into this book no matter how hard I tried! I just didn't care for the author's writing style. I found it a little confusing. Finally gave up after the first 50 pages. It shouldn't take me 2 weeks to "get into" a book!
David
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cadl, li
This Christian book carefully handles a difficult topic. Although it is a bit grim, it is well done and educational.
Sharon
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Catherine Palmer has done a good job of tackling a difficult subject and showing there is hope even in some very dark places where evil has a stronghold.
Vicki
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is well written but addresses a dark topic. Interesting but unsettling.
Melenia
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay read
Carol
Jul 31, 2012

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...

Haven (3 books)
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Stranger In The Night (Haven #3)