Start by marking “The Winning Bid (The Auction Series #1)” as Want to Read:
The Winning Bid (The Auction Series #1)

The Winning Bid

(The Auction Series #1)

Hannah is desperate. Her one shot at a new life and financial independence is slipping away unless she can come up with thirty thousand dollars, fast. When a chance comes to earn some serious cash in the world's oldest profession—in a single weekend, in safety and anonymity, and at an ultra-luxurious, exclusive resort—Hannah agrees to be auctioned off to the highest bidder ...more
Published October 4th 2016 by Windsor House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Winning Bid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Winning Bid

Start your review of The Winning Bid (The Auction Series #1)
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Just choose me stars

This book starts in medias res, with a boom. We're catapulted in a submissive auction in which Hannah is being auctioned off for the first time. She needs the money to pay for her shop and is willing to sell herself for a weekend to the highest bidder in order to keep her dream afloat.

Even without being a fan of erotica and BDSM, I was immediately engrossed. I'm not well-acquainted with this world so the whole situation was interesting and new to me.
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
What did I just read? O.M.G. – Oh My Greatness!

You know that feeling you get, a little sadness mixed in with anticipation when you reach the end of the book? When you turn that last page and just want to scream, NOOOOOoooooo!!!! The need to go searching for the next book in the series even though you know that book is not out yet.

That is exactly what I was doing when I turned the last page. I didn’t want it to end. I wanted to read more. I wanted the author to magically have the next book read
Love2ReadRomance
Loved this book!!! Can't wait to read The Final Bid!!!
Haylee Thorne
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Windsor is a amazing story teller, and her writing style is SEXY, it is enthralling and I fell in love with both Drew and Hannah and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next one. I bow down to her awesomeness. I'm a fan for life!
Amanda Walker
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I am not a huge fan of erotica, in fact I can usually do without overly described sex scenes. But, I was told The Winning Bid was an amazing book that I had to read, so I did. WOW! It really was amazing. There is no way this could be Michelle Windsor's first book. The characters, the story line, the writing itself was all great.

Scarlet (Hannah) decides to work as a submissive for a weekend to gain some funds, and that is really all we know about her. While reading I see very
Helene Book Hoarder
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm BLOWN AWAY! I am the ONLY ONE in my close circle of friends who did not read this book. One, I am not fond of cliff-hangers. Two, I knew how Book 1 ended. Last but not least - I was SCARED that this will be a typical Dom/Sub story. I am so glad I waited till I had Book 2 secured in my hands because I would have been crazed to have to wait for more.

Michelle Windsor did a PHENOMINAL job removing the stigma of Dom/Sub story. There is nothing typical about Drew and Scarlett. Get read
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! I've been trying to read this other book for a week now and can't get into it. Enter reading slump.

So I stepped away from that book and saw this book during the author takeover on Facebook. So because it didn't sound too bad I bought. Hey it's only 99 cents and why not try a new author to you out. Well let me just say. Holy SMOKES!

This book captured me right from the start and I couldn't put it down. I fell in love with Drew almost immediately (love at first read). He is downri
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This may be Hannah's only chance at her dream, to own the florist shop she works at. To do so she is taking a big risk to get a big chunk of the needed down payment. She has recent finished training to be a submissive for a slave auction with a Dom for a weekend.

This is so out of her norm. But she has to do what she must to attain her dream. What she isn't expecting is Drew. He has a normal sub he buys but when he sees the newbie 'Scarlet' he sets his sights on her. While the interact lines blu
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Winning Bid is a short and very very steamy read. I enjoyed getting to know Drew and Scarlett/Hannah, even though Hannah is still a big mystery. I can't wait to get my hands on The Final Bid and find out exactly what Hannah's story is. Why is she so adamant on keeping Drew at arms length?

I LOVED that Michelle Windsor shone a spotlight on PTSD and our veterans in her book. This is a cause I care deeply about and I think deserves more attention.
AJ's book-reMarks
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Helene Cuji from I Am A book hoarder turned me on to this talented writer, Michelle Windsor. First book and have to say, loved the story, loved the writing. loved the whole freakin thing. Now, once my husband sees this last month's book bill. I'm in trouble, Helene! If you're looking for a great read, I highly recommend this to start and can't wait to get my hands on the next one.
K.M. Lowe
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good!

This was the first book I've read by this author, and I've had it on my kindle for ages, but I'm glad I took the plunge into it. I can't wait to read book 2. A lot of BDSM/Erotic novels are purely about the sex, but this one was different and we could feel the pull and connection between Hannah and Drew. I wasn't expecting that ending, and it kind of knocked me off balance. I do hope that Hannah and Drew can get a happy ever after in book 2.
Sharing My
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense and captivating!

I really enjoyed The Winning Bid. I loved Drew and "Scarlett"! I love alpha men, and Drew was definitely alpha and so hot. "Scarlett" was mysterious and very likable. I wish I knew more about her. I guess I will have to get the next book to read more about this captivating couple.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was an alright read. Hannah was hard to like at times. I felt bad for Drew. The ending being the way that it is I will read the other book. I'm curious to see where it goes.
Melenia
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
A five star book until about 80%. Then it tanks. The female lead becomes a complete idiot and it’s a cliffy. I felt like the author was just making her an idiot to drag a second book out of it, but according to reviews she’s still an idiot for most of the second book. I won’t be reading it. In my head they meet. Resolve their issues and live HEA because I do think they made a good couple for most of the book.
C.L. Stacey
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy SHIT!

This book... THIS BOOK! I actually gasped when I flipped the page, not knowing it was the last. This is Michelle Windsor's debut novel? Like, really? Stfu. I call bullshit, Michelle. BULLSHIT! Fan-f*cking-tasting novel. Fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing - NOT A THING.
Jennifer Ellis
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Winner bid is the first book in the Auction Series by Michelle Windsor

Hannah,Scarlett otherwise known as Scarlett wants to buy the shop she works at. To earn the money for the down payment, she auctions herself off at a prestigious sex club.

After his marriage went bad, Drew decided that being a dominant at the club was a better choice for him. It allows him to unwind after a stressful work week in the company he owns.

What neither were counting on was the feeling the
Reckless Readers
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You are trying to kill me with that cliffhanger! Wow just wow. I couldn't put this down. I got lost in the world of Drew and Scarlett (Hannah). She's trying to make money and he is just blowing off steam. Only stubborn will could stop these two from falling in love and it's so hot to watch unfold. Shocking actions and the conclusion with leave you with wide eyes and mouth hanging open. I repeat are you trying to kill me?! A definite 10 stars must read!
Mistee  Lemaster
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance readers copy and volunteer my review. loved this book!!!! big time one of the best dom and sub books out there
B.M. Sandy
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***VERY MILD SPOILERS***

Intriguing novella about a woman who "sells" herself in an auction to a dominant for a weekend. She desperately needs the money and is a new submissive to an elite BDSM club. The winning dom is a wealthy, attractive man who stuns her with how tender he can be, and over the course of the weekend they find themselves falling for each other between bouts of steamy sex, and yes, there is kink. Cliffy at the end - am eager for the next installment!
Often Sarcastic
This book sucked me in within the first few pages. I fell in love with Hannah and Drew almost immediately. The Winning Bid is not your ordinary dom/sub story, it is so much more! The story is well developed and the characters are HOT. I could not put this book down. The end will leave you speechless and begging for book 2.
Nicky Grant
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Winning Bid is the debut novel (book one in the series) from author Michelle Windsor. Michelle puts out sexy, mysterious and exciting prose to capture a weekend between Dominant, Drew Sapphire and new submissive, Hannah. I absolutely enjoyed this book. It has a very interesting storyline twist that I have never read in any other book, focusing on the heroine.

Synopsis:

Hannah is on a mission to purchase a flower shop from the current owners. The only thing missing is the money for/> ...more
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
Why did I wait so long to read this book??? Because I'm an idiot, that's why! So don't be an idiot, go one click right now!!

The Winning Bid is Book 1 of The Auction Series. In this book we meet Hannah. She is in desperate need of quick cash so she decides to participate as a submissive to be auctioned off to the highest bidder at the prestigious Baton Timide for one weekend as Scarlett.

Drew loves the no nonsense, no strings attached lifestyle that the auction offers him. He is marri
Krissy loves to read
Oh how sweet cruelty ran up my spine with this ending! Saying I'd swim many rivers to get to the next book, which I will mention is not coming out for a few months is quite the understatement of my night! How this feeling of bliss frustration will never die or get old for me...I loved every moment of it!! I know I'm sick! So saying all this....I absolutely loved this book! And may I add that this is a debut from the very talented Michelle Windsor! My first attraction to this book was of course t ...more
Sarah Stein
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for the second book. It definitely left you hanging, and not knowing much about Scarlett's life. I was all about Scarlett and Drew's relationship from the beginning. The reason why she decided to be part of a submissive auction isn't fully answered. That detail makes me want to read the next book. Drew shows Scarlett from the beginnings how much he craves her by not following the rules the auction set in place for the weekend. Michelle did an amazing job capturing those two characte ...more
Heather Miller
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did receive a free ARC Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Holy Hotness!! Oh my!! Those are the first thoughts in my head after reading this book. I haven't read anything else by Michelle Windsor, I will have to keep her on my radar from now on.

The book is about a young woman, Hannah, who is going by the name of Scarlett, who is at a BDSM club auction. We aren't really sure why she is there other than to hopefully earn enough money to buy part of a store that she works in. The
Samantha Potter
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read and reviewed on behalf of I am a Book Hoarder.

Five Stars for The Winning Bid by Michelle Windsor

I’m going to be honest, I was over auction stories… you know the stories where the girl who needs cash sells herself to the highest bidder for a few thousand dollars and her body is given over to a virtual stranger for a short period of time. Yup, I was totally over them. I usually found the lead female to be wishy-washy and weak – while the male lead was just down right f
Rebecca Austin
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
Wow - I was not really expecting this book! This book was very hot but done in a realistic way. Some of the events wouldn't necessarily happen in real life but most of us are not in this type of relationship.

Hannah was interesting as she was needing money but did really enjoy Drew. When he began to offer her things I was shocked that she was turning things down. It was obvious how attracted she was to Drew but she was completely holding herself back. She wanted to know about him but didn't want
Kristen Holt
Dec 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow, I am really in the minority here, but this book really doesn’t deserve all the 4 and 5 star ratings.

The insta-love was outrageously unbelievable, the D/s scenes were like 50 Shades for old church ladies, the character development was non-existent, and the cliffy just threw me over the edge. 2nd installment is $2.99; yes, this one was free, but really not interesting enough to warrant shelling out 3bucks for the next 100 pages.

Really disappointing.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sound of the book from the synopsis. It made me think of FSOG but with a twist. Hannah knew exactly what she was signing up for. She just did not expect Drew. And Drew certainly didn't expect his visceral reaction to "Scarlett" or how she makes him feel.

They enter into this weekend expecting it to be a weekend of pleasure and games and BDSM. They both severely underestimated their chemistry. Drew falls for his Scarlett little by little and wants to know more. NEEDS to know more abou
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Winning Bid by Michelle Windsor

This review is made on behalf of CLiK Book Blog.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, which is where our heroin Hannah finds herself. Needing to find a quick thirty thousand dollars, she friends herself accepting a place in a high end, luxury luxury resort submissive auction - submissive to a Dom, bought and paid for one weekend. Seems like a simple solution to her financial need.

Drew wants nothing more than to find a sub and for
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Breaking Benjamin
  • Seduction Games (Game for Cookies, #1)
  • The Exiled Prince (Royal Secrets, #1)
  • Pretty Reckless (Deputy Laney Briggs, #1)
  • Tangled Up in Ice (Tangled #1)
  • Liner Notes, A Lair Novel
  • Coerced: Blackmailed by the Billionaire (Billionaire Buchanan Romance, #1)
  • SIN
  • Tomorrow (Kingsley, #1)
  • Her Montana Master (Stateside Doms, #1)
  • Elite (Elite Doms of Washington #1)
  • Mr. Big Shot (Mr. Big #1)
  • Crave (Bonds, #1)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
  • Mad Love (A Mad Love Story, #1)
  • Flames of Love (The Remingtons #3; Love in Bloom #12)
  • Before Him
  • Cocky Playboy
Michelle Windsor is a wife, mom, and a writer who lives North of Boston with her family.  When she isn’t writing, she’s been known to partake in good wine and good food with her family and friends.  She's a voracious reader, loves to hike with her German shepherd, Roman, enjoys a good romance movie and may be slightly obsessed with Outlander.