Start by marking “Conversations With Brando” as Want to Read:
Conversations With Brando

Conversations With Brando

Brando discusses many topics including acting, women, Native Americans and corporate America.
Published October 18th 1999 by Cooper Square Publishers (first published September 30th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Conversations With Brando, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversations With Brando

Tosh
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-bought
Marlon. Brando. Icon. Also a very thoughtful man, if he's interested in the subject matter or having a conversation with a writer/journalist he admires or likes. I never was obsessed with Brando or his films, I like them, like I like ice cream, but I don't obsess about the cream. On the other hand, many people do obsess over Brando, especially regarding his personality, and his dislike of the acting profession - which I think is not true.

He doesn't like 'professions' in general. But clearly he
Katarina
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ukoliko očekujete da će ovde glavna tema razgovora biti gluma, varate se. Marlon je mnogo više od pukog glumca, makar bio i najbolji na svetu. Unikatna pojava neverovatnog mentalnog sklopa, istom merom mit i legenda.
Maciej
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
It took me one evening to read it. I find Brando a fascinating figure. He never read the same line the same way just like Dylan never sang the same song the same way twice when performing live. Cheesy as it may be, I like to think of him as the Bob Dylan of the movie industry due to the way he revolutionised it, how he constantly evolved on the set and in real life, confused the interviewers by giving elusive and/or intelligent answers, guarded his privacy etc. This was a very interesting and le ...more
Jason
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
brando has some brilliant insight and critiques of society and as always, weird!
Heather Shaw
Mar 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grobel begins this book (originally excerpted in Playboy) with a play-by-play from the January 1978 interview negotiations over the phone with Brando. (Brando wanted to talk about Indians.) Actually, by 1978 Grobel had already spent six months negotiating the interview with Brando’s secretary. And nearly another six months would pass before he and the actor would meet. In Tahiti. On Brando’s private island.

This is so much more than an interview. Grobel’s first-person descriptions are fascinatin
goodreads
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As elusive as he was insightful, this book gets as close to the 'real' Brando as he would allow. Often cryptic yet as often possessing a clarity of insight that is completely charming, Brando demonstrates his absolute determination to live his life as he see's fit, regardless of what others thought.

Packed with great insight, hilarious anecdote and sometimes the downright weird, this is a fascinating book starring one of the 20th centuries great personalities.
Anita
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marlon Brando was a surprisingly smart man. I've only known him from his roles and I was positively surprised by his work for minorities and the fact he is aware of all the wrong things Americans did to Native Americans and other nations.
Angela Blood
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
I loved this book! I could hear Marlon talking as I read it. He was certainly one of the most interesting people to have ever lived... Intelligent, honest, witty... Brilliant.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

A transcribed conversation between the legend Marlon Brando and writer Lawrence Grobel. Another prospective into the troubled Brando.
Marlon P.S
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Leer la forma de pensar de Brando sobre política, la familia, el arte, la actuación, la sociedad y la prensa, entre otros, es toda una maravilla, aunque a veces se contradice, creo que muestra sin capas lo que este magnífico actor tenía en la cabeza y por ende, escogía mantenerse intolerante ante la hipocrecía del mundo.
Rafal Jasinski
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Książka ta, to przede wszystkim starcie dwóch intelektualistów i erudytów. Lawrence Grobel nie waha zadawać się trudnych pytań, prowokuje i jątrzy. Brando, nie przebiera w słowach, ucieka w dygresje - niezwykle zajmujące dygresje, trzeba dodać - sięga granicy geniuszu, by kilka wypowiedzi później dotrzeć do pokładów swoich najgłębszych paranoi, czasem absurdu. Dyskusja o świecie filmu, którego Marlon Brando jest jedną z największych ikon, stanowi zaledwie niewielki promil tego obszernego i niezw ...more
TrumanCoyote
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
He mainly just babbles like a beatnik pain in the neck--and he's spending so much energy being eminently nobody. A lot of the facts he brings up aren't even so; I get the feeling (like with Hitler) that if he hadn't been so renowned he'd've just been thought a blowhard (maybe that's why he didn't give interviews). It's like the Kissinger quote: "The best part about being famous is that now when you bore people, they think it's their fault." But it was still pretty entertaining and absorbing on t ...more
Christine Bissonnette
An excellent and very telling look into the legend. This interview says little about Brando as an "actor" and more about who he was as a person. He had his flaws, and his challenges, but he fought for what he believed in and it is from this quality that my respect for him has blossomed.
Sa'shel Del
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book wish it got more into the art of acting
Scoobs
Oct 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This guy Brando is a real character. I mean it. A CHARACTER.
Victoria Nicholson
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was more blood curdling dangerously smelling of leather than his more squeaky clean autobiography .I loved this book. The photo book of him and Capote is excellent too.
Timothy Schinsky
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on being consciously aware of life from someone who through many years, was.
Patrick
Yban
Jul 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
“I shall prepare a face to meet the faces that I meet.” 0 likes
“It’s pathetic. It’s a bottomless pit. A barrel that has no floor. He must be a man who has an ever-crumbling estimation of himself. He’s constantly filling himself up.” 0 likes