Start by marking “Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter” as Want to Read:
Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter

Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Willow's your basic potty-mouth Mormon hippie with anger issues. Despite her parents constant fighting, her life is seemingly perfect. She has lots of friends, little responsibility and a stunning collection of sequined pillows. But everything changes when she and her best friend fall for the same guy. River is sexy, mysterious, and likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ...more
Published June 28th 2016 by Mmhmm Books

To ask other readers questions about Snowflake Obsidian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowflake Obsidian

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter
Desiree reilly
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First i got the courtesy copy of the book the title might freak you out but when you get in to the book you will realize what the book is about the the snowflake is stone my mom give me and then i keep it with me all the time and it is to hep me relax.

You see my name is Willow and my parent are rich kind of and then my friends come over all the time they like that we can party here and my parent do not bother us as long is no sex and then no drugs if they are in house they have a fit,

Well i am g
Mariel
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir
Firstly, thank you to the talented author Sage Steadman and also Booktasters for giving me the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.
Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter is the written experience of Willow, a normal,everyday , artistic teen who begins to struggle with life experiences.I believe this book would give an insight to sufferers, parents, and friends as to why the cutting manifests in self-harming behaviours and to some degree how they can be helped.
Initially I was drawn
Okungbowa Victory
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
First of all, a big thank you to Booktasters and Sage Steadman for the book!

We shall not cease from exploration, and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S Elliot

I learned a lot from this book - The need for adequate expression of oneself, not attaching your happiness or emotions to other people which Willow did a lot until she lost herself and resulted in cutting as a means of finding herself and also the importance of the
Karen
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: journal
I got a free Kindle copy of Snowflake Obsidian: Memoir of a Cutter, from Sage Steadman. (In exchange for an honest review).
The title is intriguing which made me choose this book via Booktasters. I always love getting a peek into the psychology of interesting people. Sage Steadman writes a beautiful insightful memoir about passing the gateway into adulthood with all the questions and issues and angst that comes with it! One of the ways she deals with it is by cutting herself.
I got stuck on the s
Sarah Bennett
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okwudili Emechebe
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing journey experiencing the quite innocently confused life of Willow, we have all been there...testing the limits and going with your gut instincts, having regrets,expressing pain and anger in unique ways. Her journey through dating and her experience of love and the pain of rejection...an amazing open minded read that pushed the perspective of friendship, relationship, family issues, masculinity..a book i would recommend for the goofy, the laid back, the curious...
In my country the idea of
Savera
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read memoirs and novels about self-harm before - this book combined them in a way that spoke directly too me.
Sage Steadman's writing is honest, witty, and creative. Willow in the novel doesn't go through life; life goes through her, and she feels every brush stroke, ray of sunlight, and blade against her skin, in a way only an empath can.
I recommend this book to anyone who is going (or has gone) through depression or has self-harmed, or if you're going through a tough time right now.
I didn'
Andrea Smith
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks for the courtesy copy and for sharing your story. I myself have experienced a fiery love. There were some interesting observations on co dependency . I don't think Jo was a good friend to Willow, It seemed she was trying to compete with her. I felt sympathy for Willow's pain and the triggers that led to her cutting. She is a pretty insightful person for a girl of her age. She writes well and this is a solid read.
Linda
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. Humorous yet serious look at codependency and far better than “Codependent No More”, a book I threw across the room so many times that the spine is irreparably broken. While I chose a different mode of self harm, the story could have been my own - it rings true and makes sense of the senseless. Choose lemon bars over peanuts.
Hilario
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, when I picked up this book, the first impression I got was how the author uses an unconventional writing style in a conventional way. Different, I kept on reading, as you most likely will too; you will not probably 'catch my drift,' unless you pick it up and see for yourself, I would say worth a read.
Almalía BerRíos-Payton
Beautifully written, very poetic and creative, and kept me interested. A bit unrealistic in my opinion, but maybe better in an elderly lady's perspective?
Ashlin Tabiadon
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I was “approached” by @BookTasters on Twitter, asking me if I was willing to give an honest review in exchange for a chance to read this for free.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever related more to a book in my life. Sometimes I read books to escape because I want to pretend that the love of my life is someone I’m going to run into on a plane and the rest is history. But it’s not realistic. This book, from page one, is real. The exper
Sharon
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I laughed when I read the part when 5 years old Willow in her birthday suit chasing a butterfly. I have done that too but I'm not chasing a butterfly. I'm running away from my mother whose going to hit me with a broom stick.

I like this book. Its funny and sometimes it makes me want to punch on something. Or someone. This Jo character really gets on my nerve! How could a person did that betray-thing to her own best friend! But, nobody is perfect.

While reading this book, I can relate to Willow whe

• In the image of Man
  • The Moneymaker’s Daughter
  • The Mermaid and the Bear
  • Past Encounters
  • Curmudgeon Avenue (#1 The Terraced House Diaries)
  • Jesse & The Thinkers (Jesse & Jake Book 1)
  • The Secrets He Kept
  • The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
  • Feasters: An Apocalyptic Tale
  • The Secrets He Kept: A Mystery
  • Dragon Academy (Dragon Tamers of Pyralis, #1)
  • The Heart of Everything
  • Cupcakes and Crime (Gold Valley Mysteries #1)
  • Damned Lies (The Secrets He Kept Book 2)
  • Painful Truths (The Secrets He Kept Book 3)