Start by marking “Silent World (Broken World #7)” as Want to Read:
Silent World (Broken World #7)

Silent World

(Broken World #7)

Book Seven in the Broken World Series...

When Jim ran out of that farmhouse in Forgotten World, not only did he leave the promise of safety behind, but he was sure he was about to meet a horrible end.

Amira has lived most of her life surrounded by silence, and this new world has dangers lurking around every corner that could mean the end for her.

When two survivors,
Published July 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Silent World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent World

Start your review of Silent World (Broken World #7)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Booka.

I had a fantastic time with this book! I spent a lot of time last year working through this series but for some reason, I never got around to reading this book. Audiobooks were only available for the first three books when I was reading the series last year but the publisher has recently released audiobooks for the rest of the series. I was very excited to see that the Hoopla app that I use through my local library had the entire
Nikki
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that there are more of these books. Im pretty sure Angus is alive and well I cant wait to read more
Fathima
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars ...
N B
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've loved every book of the Broken World series, this will give you no reason to stop now. Even if you haven't read them, this one, more so than most of the others, could be read as a stand-alone, since it focuses solely on the story of Jim and new character Amira.
Jim had a relatively minor role in the last couple Broken World books. He's a man who was in prison at the time of the virus outbreak that caused the zombie apocalypse. After most of the people had died off, a jail guard finally
Nicole M. Hewitt
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This book was much more of a traditional romance than the other Broken World series books have been. Instead of focusing on a large group of characters trying to survive the zombie apocalypse in various ways, it focuses much more on the relationship (and survival!) of just one coupleJim and Amira. Its more of a companion novel to the series than a true seventh book (I still kind of feel like book six is the final book
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I felt like the last book was the final of the series, so I was curious about this one. I think this one was my favorite. I loved Vivian and Axl, but I think Jim and Amira are my new favorite couple of the series. I was happy to see ow Jim fared after leading the horde of zombies away from the house where the others were staying. I absolutely loved Amira. She was deaf and completely bad ass. I loved that the author made me think of a different type of survivor for the apocalypse. Amira was ...more
Tammy
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story follows Jim. He sacrificed himself at the farmhouse so that Vivian, Axl, Angus and the others could get out. This story was different because he meets a girl named Amira, who is deaf. That puts a whole new twist on the zombie apocalypse.

It's been a while since I've read the other books, so I couldn't remember who Jim was. It didn't matter though, because I loved the story. It was great. This is the best zombie series I've ever read. I can't get enough of it.

I loved the information
Vettech
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian-sci-fi
I was wondering what happened to Jim after book 6 and here we get to see that there is so much more to the quiet former prisoner. Silent World is a great name for this one. When Jim is injured he is saved by Amira a young deaf woman. What follows is a very sweet love story between the two. After a couple very close calls with some zombies and men with evil intentions, Jim is able to convince Amira to go to Atlanta. With high hopes that moving on will give them a chance at a future ...more
Robin Perryman
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

Well it's the end of this series and it's gonna be hard letting the characters go but I know there will be more. I feel like Angus is alive but the others don't know. These CDC people are acting funny to me. Plus we didn't get into the watchers yet. There's too much left hanging for this to be the end. This was a good read but I want more.
T. Okerberg
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a book. The pacing was great, never a dull second!!! Can't wait to get the 'Broken Stories' and 'Twisted World' books!
Shannon Dyer
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love that one of the protagonist has a disability. This is the first disabled character I have come across in post-apocalyptic fiction.
Jennifer Zamboni
Aw!

I was so happy that we got a book that centers around Jim. Ive been wondering what his history was since he showed up and the answers are all here!

We also get introduced to a brand new main character, Amira. She has her own set of challenges to live through, from the fact that shes deaf to her missing father. This girl is tough without being that stereotypical kickass chick. She is young but smart. She has come up with a method of survival that a hearing person never has to consider.

This one
Emily Goodman
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect with Kate L Mary's Silent World. Having just met Him before him sacrificing himself to save baby Megan, Jim was an unknown. However, Mary doesn't disappoint as she thrust Jim into the hands of a stranger. At her mercy, Jim finds there is still good in the world even if it comes from a deaf, lone survivor.

Mary really thought outside the box with this one. In the Broken World series we've encountered about every scenario except someone with an impairment struggling to
Gina
Finally got around to reading this one after the main series, and I really enjoyed it! Jim has ended up being my favourite so far of all the male love interests, and Amira's perspective was really refreshing and interesting.

The book doesn't cover truly radical new ground, as far as the series goes, adventurewise - it's still essentially supply runs and trying to get to a place. But the new character perspectives bring freshness to it. A quick, light zombie read that ties up a loose end from the
Brandy Mulder
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy Jim made it!!!! This book takes a little side step from the main series but we see some old friends in the end and get an interesting little tid bit. Man Jim had a close call, and Amira takes a serious chance on him by saving him when she's alone. I am totally rooting for these two in future books. We also find out all about Jim's past, and why he was in prison. There is adult content and violence.
Lorraine
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silent World was an AWESOME READ!!

Silent World was a non-stop read!!
Book 7 brings the reader to a young deaf girl, all alone in a silent world, gone crazy with Zombies! Her hero arrives, as he sacrificed himself to save baby Megan and those with her, from a Zombie horde advancing on their safe house.
Can they get to safety in Atlanta? Is it really a safe place? You'll just have to read this book to find out...lol.
John A. McLeod
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An interesting end to what seemed to be a side story

I thought that Jim had sacrificed himself at the farmhouse, but it turned out that his run to save Megan and the rest was really just the start of another adventure. I should have written more reviews, but got tied up in the story story line, and just kept reading. My apologies to Kate Mary. I enjoyed every story in the series, and you deserved better from me.
Kay
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally we get Jim's story. Can be read as a stand-a-lone, but a lot of world building is done in the beginning of the series.

I just love this series so much! The perfect mix of dystopian and romance and a realistic relationship.

My only criticism is that it could be longer... but I think that's because I didn't want it to end.
Dawn Taylor
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hope it's not the end

Love the new characters a rather. Since my husband was born hearing impaired I am happy to see that someone has put a hearing impaired character into their apocalyptic novel showing how although they can be a strong person they will have many obstacles on their to a d to survival that a hearing person would not have.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Fantastic ending to this series..

If it is the end!!!! I could read about these guys forever. I have really enjoyed being in this world with these characters it was great. all the characters have been great the drama, the action, the tears, this story had me hooked from the start I will be going on to Broken stories now then I will start the twisted world series.
Fawn
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect title for this book. I love that we get to see who Jim has become now. He did upset me in the basement since everything we saw of him in Hope Springs should have taught him better. It was so interesting to see things from Amira's point of view and it truly gets you to thinking about the world in ways that you would not have before.
Esti
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always wondered what happened to Jim and I'm so glad there is a book for him. It starts off when he goes off running into the woods covered in carpet and duck tape. Kinda ties up loose ends and definitely there is material there that I'm sure is covered in the Broken and Twisted Stories (like what really happened with Angus).
Lorrie
This was okay. I was excited to find out what happened to Jim, but I just found myself slightly bored, so I was glad it was a fairly short book. Jim and Amira's worst enemies were people, not zombies.
Kathy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent

I love this series and think there should be one more book. We all know there's something going on with Angus. Even with the novella that I haven't read, I don't think there was enough to end the series. Please one more.
chris
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: apocalyptic-doom
I liked this book a little more than the past three ot so books. but then it ends without a true conclusion to the story?
as I understand another series picks up these characters twenty years ahead. not sure if that's where the conclusion comes in?
Debra Hughlett
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series. Love Kate's writing style as it draws me in and keeps me there. Feel like I'm right along side of the characters. Can't wait to read more from her.
Amy Webster-Bo
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great
Tracey Newman
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

My new favourite author fantastic books highly recommended full of action to keep you hooked from start to end loved
James Evans
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jon not bad enough??

It seemed bad enough when the author disposed of Jon but to treat Angus this way is almost enough to stop me from reading this type of book!
Hazel Bright
From Jim's perspective, and that of a new character, Amira. Amira is deaf in this treacherous world. An interesting perspective.

• World Departed (Cascadia, #1)
  • Prepared (Sundown #1)
  • Instauration (The City Series Book 3)
  • Alive (Sundown #3)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • Survive (Sundown #2)
  • Mordacious (The City, #1)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • Edge of Defiance (Edge of Collapse, #5)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • All the Stars in the Sky (Until the End of the World, #3)
  • Until the End of the World (Until the End of the World, #1)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
  • Deadbreak
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • Apocalypse Z: Book 2 (Rise of the Undead)
  • The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
Kate L. Mary is an award-winning author of Adult, New Adult, and Young Adult fiction, ranging from Post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to Speculative Fiction and Contemporary Romance! Her YA book, When We Were Human, was a 2015 Childrens Moonbeam Book Awards Silver Medal winner for Young Adult Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fiction, and a 2016 Readers Favorite Gold Medal winner for Young Adult Science Fiction. ...more

Broken World (7 books)
  • Broken World (Broken World, #1)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • Mad World (Broken World, #3)
  • Lost World (Broken World, #4)
  • New World (Broken World, #5)
  • Forgotten World (Broken World #6)

News & Interviews

“Silver lines of duct tape crisscross his body, holding what looks like strips of carpet to his torso, arms, and lower legs. It kind of reminds me of armor, and I almost laugh. It’s like he’s some modern day Don Quixote, covered in carpet armor as he heads off to fight windmills. Or zombies.” 0 likes