Start by marking “You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth” as Want to Read:
You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth

You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  15,013 ratings  ·  1,493 reviews
“A cheerful manifesto on removing obstacles between yourself and the income of your dreams.” —New York Magazine

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of You Are a Badass, a life-changing guide to making the kind of money you’ve only ever dreamed of

You Are a Badass at Making Money will launch you past the fears and stumbling blocks that have kept financial success be
Published April 18th 2017 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about You Are a Badass at Making Money, please sign up.
Nishan De silva Read the second one. It's motivation and inspiration on steroids. I've been listening to the audiobook. That's so powerful and I feel like I'm a chang…moreRead the second one. It's motivation and inspiration on steroids. I've been listening to the audiobook. That's so powerful and I feel like I'm a changed man. I'm gonna listen to it again till I make it to the other side. (less)

·  15,013 ratings  ·  1,493 reviews

Start your review of You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
Pierre
Jun 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Although I am generally a keen reader of self-help or financial advice books, I struggled to make it through this one. The book's (and its author's) heart is in the right place, and there are definitely bits of information and advice here that almost anyone would find useful, but the way its content was presented and the style in which it was written made it a chore to get through. There is also more than a bit of content in these 260 pages that I find quite troubling - more on that later.

This b
Amy Rodman
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2019, 2018
Is it a coincidence I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway the day after I asked "the universe" to bring the books, movies and people into my life that I need in order to further advance my goals? Is it merely serendipity that exactly one week after finishing this book I received a 25% raise, a $1000 bonus and got the certification class I just signed up for paid for by my employer? Or is it because I've worked my butt off this past year? Who knows. But I personally like to think that life is n ...more
Yaakov Bernadyn
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is a very new age type of book that is very dangerous - 'jump off a cliff and you'll be fine as long as you believe you'll be fine'. This belief system is not new and has been damaging people financially for years. Shame on this lady for writing this book. Interestingly, this book brings her revenue by showing others to merely believe they have money and it will manifest. I'm surprised these types of authors are not sued routinely for false advertising. That's the last time I buy a boo ...more
Allie Mullin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-to-read, dnf, money
DNF.

Sincero is largely unaware that most people aren’t hung up on borrowing $85,000 from a friend, but are likely hurting from the systemic issues that prevent us from accessing wealth in the first place. Her tone is cringe-worthy in its attempt to be relatable.

I should have stopped reading when she praised Ayn Rand.

So glad I borrowed this from the library and didn’t purchase it.
ScienceOfSuccess
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: waiting
Yet another self help book, this one is dedicated to people who like money and goats.
Calista
This is what I needed to hear at this moment in my life. I did look over some of the reviews of this book and I saw many gave it 1 and 2 stars. Their complaint is that it does not give solid details for making money.

I see this book working on a spiritual level. Jen keeps saying raise your energy level and keep it high. She is not simply saying to quit and everything will be ok. She said, you have to have the faith and then put everything you have into it; make yourself uncomfortable and give ev
Amanda
Apr 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
This might be the worst book on finance I have ever read. I liked her first book well enough, and I love reading books about money but this one was truly awful! There is not one piece of actual solid advice here....just a bunch of mumbo jumbo about thinking yourself to wealth.
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Another installment of this sheer goodness!

Yes, I know: we've heard most of it all elsewhere but noe this way!

I love how Jen explains the criminalized perception of wealth that many of us have ingrained.

Q:
What you focus on you create more of. (c)
Q:
Why not be the biggest, happiest, most generous, and fully realized humanoid you can be? (c)
Q:
It’s about you letting yourself be the biggest badass you can be, whatever that happens to look like for you. (c)
Q:
What would a typical day in your life as th
Michelle
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
"You Are a Badass at Making Money" by Jen Sincero

I will not be recommending this book to other readers. There are better personal finance books out in the market. I was excited to read this book, but I found it to be a disappointing read. The content was boring and the advice given in this book is very questionable.

I found Sincero's writing style lacked depth. I believe she was aiming for a narrative that was bold, crude and exciting. And I'm all for bold, crude and exciting content. But what I
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
If I end up changing my attitude and manifesting money then I will gladly change my rating to 5 stars.

Right now, I'm a skeptic and try to stay away from anyone that calls themselves a "life coach" or believes in "The Secret".

I do agree with the author about our attitudes towards money and how strange they can be. A lot of think that wanting money is wrong or dirty. Or even that we don't deserve to make a lot of money because we don't have special skills, etc. I do think if you change your thinki
Laurel
Mar 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is the Joel Osteen Prosperity gospel for entrepreneurs. Believe you are a badass, say a bunch of mantras about money positivity, and manifest how much you want to make. Believe it will happen, and it will happen. The dumbest book on business I’ve ever read.
Margot Note
"Time wasted rationalizing the mediocre could be time spent creating the magnificent" (6).

"We've been raised to believe that you have to work hard to make money, and certainly there are times when this is true, but the real secret is you have to take huge, uncomfy risks. You have to do stuff you've never done before, to make yourself visible, to acknowledge your own awesomeness, to risk looking stupid" (9).

"Everybody arrives on this planet with unique desires, gifts, and talents, and as you jo
Aubrey
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've never much agreed with the phrase, 'money can't buy happiness.' For what is happiness? What form does that come in? While it's a very loaded question and the answer varies person to person - for me, it can be as simple as the joy of cooking a good meal, going to a movie with friends, exploring this beautiful planet, taking my hobbies to a whole new level, being in good health, giving to others. And yet money helps us to attain those very things - the organic local food we wish to cook with, ...more
Laura Tremaine
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so insanely good, I want to send it to everyone I know. It’s not about money, it’s about everything in life, although she uses money as the general theme. I could see so many of these concepts showing up in relationships, career mindset, parenting, health, all of it. Highly recommend, even better than her first book.
Puffling
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Before I move on, *please* someone tell me where this ridiculous idea came from that the etymology of "desire" is from the latin "de - sire" meaning "of the father." Oh dear LORD where did that come from? I searched online a bit and I think it came from a misreading of a Biblical reference via a life coach. And now other life coaches are repeating it? PLEASE STOP!

From the Online Etymology Dictionary: "desire (v.) early 13c., from Old French desirrer (12c.) 'wish, desire, long for,' from Latin de
Jo-Ann Duff (Duffy The Writer)
May 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
After reading and enjoying ‘Get your Sh*t Together’ this book caught my eye. I do ‘ok’ but I am not, and never felt I would be, part of the rich gang. Reading You Are A Badass At Making Money would change all that I thought. But, it just really wasn’t my kind of vibe.

This is a VERY ‘American’ book. Jen Sincero talks a lot about ‘putting it out there to the universe’ and ‘being your authentic self’. She lived in a converted garage with no money, barely getting by, and is now a very rich author an
Tadas Talaikis
Jun 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dropped it because of two reasons.

First one, can't stand American "ecetera". Can't stand one, but here were hundreds! Completely p*ssed me of. Can you f*cking see how it's writter?

Second. It falls into category of spelunking fantasies. All those claimants "millionaires", "achievers" made their money by coaching and washing brains, not the real job. That says everything and I apply this rule for decades - if someone earned money not through real job, then he's selling the B.S. And, f course, peop
Julie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, money
I suggested my coworker buy this for the library. Then I borrowed it from the library. Then I read it. Then I went ahead and bought myself a copy. Yea, it's a little woo-woo, but I think she grounds that a little more than some other people do.

If you want to make more money, you do have to get into the right mindset to do so. This book helps you do that.

It's the exercises that I didn't do. So now that I have my own copy, I have no excuse not to sit down and really do them. With paper and a pen a
Valerie
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spring-2018
"The very unfunny cosmic joke: In an attempt to protect ourselves from pain, we perpetuate behaviors that create the very pain we are trying to avoid"

the audiobook is superb, as usual. great advice, gonna reread this - and soon, cause I need to digest all the wisdom cuz moneyzzz
Mimi (Marissa) Catania Bishop
Any book that teaches me something, inspires me and makes me laugh is a winner!
Knobby
Jun 15, 2018 added it
Shelves: books-i-own
I have a lot of thoughts about this. Not all are kind, but not all are mean, either.

This book is primarily a cheerleading book telling you to have faith in yourself. There are a few gems sprinkled about that tell you how to focus on your goals, sharpen your mindset, and to be okay with the discomfort of growth and change.

If there is anything to take away from this, it's to believe in yourself.

That said, I don't think people need to spend $16 and hours of their life reading a book that tells th
Mutassem Sultan
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only reason I continued reading this book beyond the 2nd chapter is; I thought there's a breakthrough idea the author will share which have this book such a high review score..
And sadly she didn't!
The only reason I continued reading it in the last few chapters was that so I can be fair in my rating for it!
A book full of none sense impractical ideas that's very common in the self-help industry.. now I believe that the mental/psychological solutions to life problems are helpful yet it needs to
Ashley Holstrom
If practical personal finance books aren't your jam, perhaps you need a woo-woo personal finance book. And in that case, you need Jen Sincero's You Are a Badass at Making Money. She delves into the universe and energy surrounding money. She suggests mantras and meditations for figuring out what you want and how you're going to get it. Some parts felt a little far-fetched, but that may just be my own energy working against me.

From Taking Care of Yourself with Books at Book Riot.
Emily
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not what I was expecting. As opposed to giving concrete steps for improving one's finances in the nature of, say, Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey, Sincero gives self-help advice of the hippie-dippy New Age variety.
Natz
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
1.5 This book was assigned as part of an online book club I'm part of, and even though it had some cool passages and made me laugh in some places, I think the author came off as pretty tone-deaf to actual, real societal problems/structures that influence people's financial realities besides their own mindsets. I would've enjoyed it much more as a memoir of what worked for her success, throw in the cool inspirational phrases, and leave it at that.
Robert Gebhardt
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
Forced slang and curse words, and a bunch of law of attraction advice. But some good advice mixed in with the bad, and a great general attitude. Probably a 2.5.
Valarie S Thomas
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I love her personality. I spent a lot of my time laughing while listening to this book. This book had definitely changed the trajectory of my life and I have caught the entrepreneurship bug.
Myrna
Jun 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Beyond boring and stupid. She says people don't want to get rich because their families will think they are bad. What???
Leah
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
raw raw raw you are a badass at making money, you got this, you can do it! This book is alllll about having the right mindset for making money.

She gives many examples of others including herself that went from broke to rich once they fixed their mindset. Sincero is pretty funny though, she keeps it entertaining.

It's all about the way you think of things, and what you put out into the universe. The universe listens and provides. So make sure to be sending out the right messages you want.

I mean
Dave Delaney
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forget “mind over matter”, think “mind over money”. I love Jen Sincero’s humor and bluntness in her writing. She doesn’t hold back on sharing her advice on overcoming your financial woes.

This isn’t a step by step guide on personal finance. It’s a book on letting the world around you support you by hacking your mental approach to earn as much money as you wish.

Get ready to change your thinking. I know I am.

• Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
  • Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
  • Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life
  • Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
  • Untamed
  • The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
  • Dare to Lead
  • The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
Jen Sincero is a #1 New York Times Bestselling author, speaker and success coach who has helped countless people transform their personal and professional lives via her public appearances, private sessions, coaching seminars and, most recently, her latest #1 NY Times Bestselling book, "You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life".

She’s spoken on stages al