Start by marking “Vse se vrača, vse se plača” as Want to Read:
Vse se vrača, vse se plača

Vse se vrača, vse se plača

Lagal ji je, jo prevaral. Uničil ji je življenje. Bi ga bilo težko umoriti? Medaline Piatro je štiri leta življenja posvetila zaročencu Carltonu – v zameno je dobila romanco, rože in seks, kakršnega dotlej še ni doživela. In nato se je znebil – nič drugače kot po elektronski pošti. Izrabil jo je, zlomil ji je srce… in jo celo spravil ob službo, ki ji je pomenila vse.

Zdaj j
Published 2009 by Meander (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Vse se vrača, vse se plača, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vse se vrača, vse se plača

Elizabeth
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ladies
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Mary Jo Evans
The brownies on the cover of this book were very appropriate. It was a like eating a pan of brownies... I sat down to read a little of it, and I ended up consuming the entire thing in under two hours.
The book was somewhere between over the top funny and depressingly sad. The over the top funny stuff was great, and in context, didn't seem all that over the top! The depressingly sad part came from having to watch PAINFULLY while an extremely intelligent woman made all of the really obviously stup
Jenny
Sep 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, and parts were laugh out loud funny! The story rotates back and forth between Maddy's love affair with Carlton and the aftermath of their breakup. Maddy was more intelligent than Carlton but yet he was able to manipulate her throughout and after their relationship. I was frustrated with her as she always capitulated to him, and I couldn't decide if it was because she was simply naive or was overwhelmed by getting the good-looking, charming guy no matter the flaws. Anyway, th ...more
Beth Ann
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book— a romance, a liar and cheater and some pretty ingenious revenge moves made this laugh out loud in spots book the perfect fun read.
Katie(babs)
May 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madeline Piatro has just broken up with her fiancé of four years. Or so she was led to believe by the handsome to-die-for Carlton Connors. See, Carlton never told anyone they were engaged, and when he found out Madeline is pregnant, he wants her to have an abortion. And if that isn't bad enough, she loses the baby, he cheats on her at a bachelor party, breaks up with her, fires her from the company they came up with and claims all her ideas as his own.

Now Madeline wants to get even and may resor
Lain
Jan 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you get dumped, it's natural to want to strike back. But when the dumper is your fiance who promised to love you "forever," and the father of your unborn child, and the co-founder of the company you pretty much single-handedly built, AND he does the break-up by e-mail, your desire to extract revenge will be exponentially higher.

Madeline Piatro is having trouble getting over her break-up with the perfect man. So she hires a perfect man of her own -- a hit man. Full of unexpected revelations
Lady Ozma
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
There are not enough stars for this book. It was downright awesome.

I've had some friends that fall into the scorned lover category. And you might hear "hell hath no fury" and I am here to say... that's an understatement. Women get downright vindictive and they are creative about it.

Men, take the warning. And live in fear.

He was your typical jerkwad pretty boy. Thinks he can have it all. Treats her like trash. Possibly gives her an STD. Steals her business. Cheats on her. And then dumps her and
Keris
Jan 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This enormously entertaining book begins with Madeline Piatro baking poisoned brownies, which she plans to give (anonymously) to her ex-fiancee, Carlton. Unfortunately, Maddy can't resist trying the brownies herself (well, who could?) and, rather than delivering them to the intended recipient, spends the rest of the day throwing up.

So why does Maddy want Carlton dead?

To read the rest of this review, please visit Trashionista
Wendy
May 25, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amusing, fluffy read. Who doesn't want to read about how a creative, high-functioning, smarty-pants woman (who turned a few too many blind eyes) exacts painful revenge on the ex who did her dirty in so many ways? The ending was a bit too perfect, but then again, when a woman gets burned like Maddy Piatro was burned, I suppose she deserves a too-perfect ending. I'm betting there'll be a movie before too long.
Carrie
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. Would’ve been more interesting if the ending didn’t involve stereotypical happy ending with a new partner who appears at just the right moment. The contrast of past to present does make the book interesting.
Vicki
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2008
Marketing whiz starts organic food company for kids with handsome boyfriend. He steals company and dumps her. She hires hit man to get even.
Amalinaab
Absolutely entertaining! Had me laughing out loud on certain parts. Very easy to read as it depicts a typical modern women mindset, forever cluttered & full of what ifs.
Shxrxn
Aug 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leap Before You Look.
- Madeline
Would Carlton feel the pain, I wondered? It was worth a try.
- Madeline
Better to lead a fast life, die young, and look good in your coffin.
- Forest Connors
If life gives you lemons, put on a party dress and go out for cocktails?
- Madeline
There is great power in letting go.
- Ronnie
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- Old Polish proverb
Life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth.
- Deuteronomy
Don’t take vengeance and don’t bear a grudge against
You have to love a book that starts with someone baking a batch of revenge arsenic brownies, testing it on themselves and ending up being sick. Seriously - who does that? So, from the start you know this will be a rather cute/fluffy book designed to appeal to the woman scorned but who still has a sense of humor.

Maddy veers from being annoyingly dumb (with her big powerful lawyer friend Michael around, she never got a real contract for Organics 4 Kids?) to cleverly vengeful. However, between thos
Dora
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have ever given your all to a lover, only to be betrayed in the most hurtful of ways, this book may be for you!

Madeline is taken in by a man's good looks, some great sex, and a lot of promises only to be betrayed by him. However, after a period of crying and whining our stalwart heroine decides that she will seek revenge upon the evil boyfriend. Her first two attempts nearly took her out. You need to read the book to find out how successful she was in exacting her revenge.

Overall, I enjoy
Alistair
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Plucking this unprepossessing book off the shelf, I didn't hold out high expectations. But Reader, I loved it! It's a delicious serve of revenge on a cad and all round rotten guy, one Carlton Connors. The story begins with Maddy plotting ways to remove her ex-fiancee and former business partner from the face of the earth. She's in a complete funk not only because Carlton's dumped her for the cantaloupe-breasted Nathalie, but he's also outmanoeuvred her from their joint business venture - whose i ...more
Helene Harrison
Review - The characters could have been stronger, as they did seem a bit half-arsed, with all the effort gone into the storyline. That's what let it down for me. I really love the Little Black Dress Books - they're really good for just a quick, light read. They're concise and funny and all the authors who write them seem to have a knack for writing well and making something serious funny. In this case, Barrett makes revenge into an art. Revenge doesn't have to be deadly (like rat poison in brown ...more
Alissa
Nov 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2008
This is a funny novel about moving on. And while it did drag a little in the middle there was enough twists and turns to keep it interesting and once stuff starts happening at the end it’s quite fun. My only other complaint was that the author switches back and forth each chapter in time as Maddy flashes back to tell the story of her relationship, it was ok at first, but then the time sequence got a little confusing at the end as past becomes present.

Would be a fun movie. I’m interested in readi
Anna Tulley
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
I expected this to be lighter but it fooled me.

This was a very strange love story and I've enjoyed it immensely although Madeline freaked me out sometimes! She tried to get over her relationship, using some unusual methods and managed to get her sweet revenge in the end.

As for Carlton,i never disliked a character so much in a book, EVER! I wish i could get my hands on him... He was a major ass but then again, he got what he deserved.

This story was full of angst and emotional frustration,but we
Melissa Torres
Overall I enjoyed this book however it built up a little too much and then didn't really go anywhere. I liked that it flip-floped back and forth between past and present but it wasn't really clear when it had caught up and explained the whole past and was in the present. I was still waiting for a big event that pushed everything over the edge. But all in all it was a good read. There were some really funny parts and I enjoyed the characters.
Jane
Feb 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Liked this but not as much as I thought I might. The set-up is that Maddy is determined to get revenge on the boyfriend who stole her heart and her company and who eventually hires a hitman/avenger to do the deeds. But while amusing, it takes a long while to get there. Much of the first half of the book is Maddy being mad and/or depressed and slowly revealing what went wrong with the ex. Good but not great.
Victoria
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful escape read for me, set in Austin with places I know prominent and a strong, smart, funny protagonist. I don't even particularly relate to the revenge theme, and haven't been taken advantage of by men like Carlton, but the presentation was so good that the book just really worked for me. It made me care what happened to Maddy and it made me actually laugh. this book is not deep, maybe a little outrageous depending on your life experience, but for me, delightful.
Kristen
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
You know, I liked this book. Same old formulaic ending (SPOILER.... ahead......)

she gets the guy.....

But really otherwise this was a good book. From the best friend a southern sorority girl trying to convert to Judaism prior to the birth of her child to the rotten to the core ex the characters are much better done than standard chick lit. And frankly the heroine gets over the guy, by herself, in a unique and fun way.
Michelle
I just started this book and it's making me laugh already!!! Especially when she tries eating the poison brownies and gets sick from it and then goes outside to find out that she has killed a raccoon with her poison brownies--which were really meant for her ex-boyfriend! I hope the whole book keeps me laughing because right now I can understand the desire to maybe make the exboyfriend throw up a few times! ;o)
Andrea
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I was wondering why this had so many sex bits in it, then looked up the author and noticed she mostly does shirtless men books. I really didn't care about the back story with Carlton--I kept skimming through those chapters. It consistently ping-ponged back and forth between Then and Now, until the past caught up with the present and I was confused because she had set up a pattern and then broke it, but it wasn't super obvious. Huh. Anyway, not for me.
Just - The romance reader
Not as great as "Don't Let It Be True" but a decent read. The main character Madeline Piatro is witty, neurotic, and overall pretty amusing. If you're in the midst of a break up or just feeling rather blah about men, you might feel better after you read this, or you might come away with some ideas for how to make yourself feel better, or atleast ideas on how to make the guy you're unhappy with feel worse..lol
Anita
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
what can I say? It was cheezy yet I found myself reading it cover to cover! So I put it soundly in the 'fluff' reading column which I consider to be just light, fun, quick, reading a great distraction from the everyday. A big plus is that it takes place in Austin instead of the usual NYC/LA/London locales and I totally knew all the places she name dropped all over TX. fun reading! I look forward to reading her books in the future.
Amy Button
Aug 31, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who liked books similar to The Shopaholic Series.
Recommended to Amy by: Tjbeyrau
Any girl that has had her heart crushed after being dumped will enjoy this book. Classic chick-lit tale of revenge, starting with furniture polish tainted brownies and ending with...well, I won't spoil it for the rest of you. I read this book in a day, laughed alot, and couldn't help emphasizing with Maddie.
Amanda
Apr 04, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book on a whim at the library being that I am a bit of a book snob and it was obviously 'chick lit.' It makes me cringe to type that. I don't even mind the genre's subject matter, I really can't stand that term. Anyway, the book is fairly entertaining, easy to read in a few days. Has a rather annoying ending to a snob such as me, but I won't give that away.
Munirah
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
one of the best novels I read
about a girl who was completely devoted to her BF then discover that he was using her n dumped her,,, she tries to poison him

the story seems shallow but the novel is very interesting,,, it is the kind of book u live the events n never get bored when u read it ,,, I finish it like in 4 or 5 days in 2008
very entertaining book with very simple English
Lindsey
I couldn't help but pick this book up once I saw the blurb on the back. How could *anyone* turn something like this down? (The cover was another draw!) It ended up going slightly different than I had originally imagined, but I liked where it went.

PS: Am I the only one that kept seeing Better Off Dead in this book?
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Not Quite A Mom
  • She'll Take It
  • Transgender Liberation: A Movement Whose Time Has Come
  • New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant
  • Dangerous Admissions: Secrets of a Closet Sleuth (Closet Sleuth #1)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Frank Stitt's Southern Table: Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill
  • Fancy White Trash
  • This Must Be Love
  • Joy of Cooking: All About Pasta & Noodles
  • Honey Trap
  • Apparition Alley (Kate Delafield, #6)
Jo currently resides in North Carolina with her patient and supportive family while she juggles her writing career and her position as a programmer analyst. She has won numerous awards and continues to write whenever she can. Someday, she hopes to take off her programming hat and write full time. So many of her dreams have already come true. What's one more?
Email: jobarrett@jobarrett.net