Start by marking “Safeword” as Want to Read:
Safeword

Safeword

A dangerous game turns into unexpected pleasure

Carters dream of running from his abusive family into the arms of the perfect Dom has been shattered. Virtually enslaved by a vicious arms dealer, he has to submit to any man his master gives him to.

Undercover agent Damien Crow is close to putting away the arms dealer hes been hunting for years. All he has to do to gain the
Published August 23rd 2016 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Safeword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safeword

Start your review of Safeword
Catherine
Well this was a delicious little snack.
Reflection
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
How many books are set on an island with an undercover agent who has to fit in with a crime boss by abusing the resident sub for the few days before the bust goes down?

Well, certainly enough for me to wonder several times if I had actually read this story before. Turns out I haven't and this is new, although others are remarkably similar.

Very quick, fairly dark read. I'm not getting into the why it's so wrong it's almost right. Ignoring the plot holes this is kept my interest right to the end.
Serena Yates
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Safewords exist for a reason, and any sub who is forced to face a Dom without a verbal (or other) way to stop them is in danger of being hurt or worse. This story is set far outside the borders of safe, sane, and consensual, with a cruel arms dealer out to hurt and humiliate his sub as much as possible. I put his sub into quotation marks because what this guy does to Carter is torture, pure and simple. Luckily for my sanity none of it was on the page, but Carters attitude and hopelessness was a ...more
Lisa The Novel Approach
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Samantha Cayto is a fantastic author. I have enjoyed her science fiction series Alien Slave Masters. This book is far from that, and yet is still a good, quick read.

Carter is a young man who has, unfortunately, found the wrong Dom; hes not only abusive towards Carter but he lets others use him as well. Carter has no say in anything, so hes learned to live with what life has dealt him. When yet another man shows up to make a business deal with his Domand hes offered as a toy yet againCarter
Tatiana

The plot and the characters were a bit cliché and not very believable, but this story definitely pushed some of my favourite kinky buttons.
Jacque
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Normally, I would give a quick rundown of what a book is about before starting my review. However, Safeword is a very short book and anything I could possibly say about it is covered in the blurb. Instead of being redundant, let me get to what I thought about the story itself.

Sometimes the problem with a short book is that they are too short. With that shortness, the issues that you find irksome are harder to forget because, well, the book isnt long enough to forget about them. Therefore, Im
Jennifer Lavoie
I wish this book had been longer because I liked Carter and Crow. I would love to see what happens to them after and if they follow through with any sort of relationship. I'm a sucker for stories like these!
Molly Lolly
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Three and half stars!
The premise for this story was really good. The blurb pretty much made me request this book because BDSM + under cover + unwilling partner = happy Molly. I was leery of the short length because its hard to pack lots of story into a short space. I will say this was better than I originally anticipated but still needs fleshing out and to be a bit longer. Theres so much potential for these characters and story line. Carter and Damien/Crow have
kerryann williams
Interesting book and want more

Well written if not just a little short even for a short story. Focus being on the sex toy and the undercover detective didn't shift much to learn how the drug dealer/ master
thought about how they were getting on. Hope to see more on the boy and the detective getting to explore each other and their roles now.
Sabrina
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was okay.

I wish it were longer and more detailed. The ending was ambiguous as hell. Was it a fully happy ending? On one part; yes, it was, on the other hand....what happened between the main characters?.

I feel like the last episode of a really good season and tv show only to be told that there wont be another season. The show was canceled and it left you on a cliffhanger.
Barbara
Really wanted to like it more than I did.
Alex Wolf
Too short for me. It was going so well and would have loved for it to continue. Only 50 something pages per book isn't great.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, m-m, novella
In Safeword we are immediately immersed into Carter's life, such as it is. He left home and found (or was found by) Winters. Through his time with him, Carter learns the brutal side of BDSM and that a safeword is just a trick. When he is given to Crow, he thinks that his time is up. When it becomes clear that Crow is different, Carter is determined to enjoy his time as a Sub, knowing that Winters won't be happy that he hasn't been hurt and will hurt him when his time with Crow is over.

This is a
Avid Reader
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Safeword by Samantha Cayto
M/M BDSM
Triggers: Abusive Dom
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

Hmmm, where to start with this... I would say that it was well written, but so short that it made it difficult to really develop anything. This seemed almost like a teaser to a larger story.

I think that Damien was successful as a Dom, but his reluctance was somewhat strange. If he had been undercover as long as it seemed, he would have had to play this persona more
Kragthang
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
I was expecting something else after reading the blurb, but was disappointed in the end. Didn't really like how everything turned out and how fast Crow changes from a man playing a dom to a man, who wanted to be a dom for Carter. Of course, it's a short book and there is only so much you can do with fewer words, but the story between the MCs didn't really convince me.
Edward Corey
Dec 23, 2017
Joanne
Aug 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Mating Season (Bump in the Night)
  • All That Glitters (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #5)
  • Love Rising (Isla Sagrario #2)
  • Max
  • Soul Mate for Sale (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #1)
  • Abattoir
  • Sadō
  • The Proposal (Single Dad Support Group, #2)
  • Innocence and Carnality
  • Sweet Baby Boy: A Taboo Short
  • Honor Bound (Viking Lore #1)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • La Famiglia  (Battaglia Mafia #4)
  • La Sposa  (Battaglia Mafia #3)
  • Ti Amo  (Battaglia Mafia #2)
  • Destino  (Battaglia Mafia #1)
  • Don't Fail Me Now
Samantha Cayto is a Boston-area native who practices as a business lawyer by day while writing erotic romance at nightthe steamier the better. She likes to push the envelope when it comes to writing about passion and is delighted other women agree that guy-on-guy sex is the hottest ever.

She lives a typical suburban life with her husband, three kids and four dogs. Her children dont understand why