Start by marking “Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)” as Want to Read:
Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)

Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation #11)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A package bearing no return address arrives at the Anthropology Department of the University of. Nevada...and a shocking discovery is made upon opening the box: a genuine shrunken head. At first, Gil Grissom and his team of crime scene investigators -- Catherine Willows, Warrick Brown, Nick Stokes, and Greg Sanders -- consider this merely an oddity, a grisly relic from the ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 343 pages
Published October 28th 2008 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Headhunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Headhunter

Judy Hall
I judge these CSI books on 2 criteria - is it easy to read and would it make a good episode? This is a yes on both questions. There were shrunken heads. It was very cool.
Kat
I think Headhunter is one of my top CSI novels. It is one of the longest – if not the longest – in the series so far. Again it is a new author for the series as well as being the first of the novels not to feature Sara Sidle. I am rather glad that Headhunter does not further confuse the series timeline. One slight odd thing I noticed with the book is that on the rear cover art Warrick’s picture has been replaced by Hodges while Sara still has her place.

The storyline in Headhunter is quite addic
Lianne Burwell
Someone mails an authentically shrunken head to the Anthropology department at LVU. Who did it, why, and how can the PD keep the press from finding out and sensationalizing it?

If you've watched the show, CSI, you pretty much know what to expect. This is placed somewhere between the end of the miniature killer story-line and the death of Warrick, so mid-season 8. And unlike the tv show, they actually do acknowledge that tests take longer than twenty minutes.

One procedural element that annoyed me
John Kerry
I certainly enjoyed this mystery. I don't think it is really giving anything away to say that the title of the book refers to headhunters of the native kind as opposed to those of the corporate kind. This was a new one for me, as I can not recall another mystery where the victims were subjected to this practice. This one takes place while Grissom is still at CSI. One feature of this book as opposed to others I have read in this series is that this time there is only the one case that is being wo ...more
Dawn Michelle

Read~November 18, 2010
3 Stars

LOTS of "talktalktalk". Which, is OK for TV. NOT so much for books. The subject matter is kinda gross too.

I had "guessed" who the killer was in the beginning (I read too many mysteries and watch too many of these type of shoes to NOT know, most of the time anyway! LOL), but not the why's or how's (which were gross. Really. Ick!) And I do have to admit that I was distracted by the red herrings that the author kept putting out there.

Decent read. Loved how I could he
Michael Prelee
I enjoyed this CSI book. It features the classic team with Grissom, it's well written and everyone is in character and the headhunter plot was well thought out. I think this would have made an excellent episode of the series.
Tularia
Not sure what I was expecting with a CSI book (this is the first one I've ever read). While the characterizations were true to the TV show, it wasn't as fun an experience as watching. There were several typos and grammatical errors towards the end that were distracting; I found myself re-reading the same paragraph a couple of times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Publishers seem to be less and less concerned about this, and I find it highly annoying.

Overall the book was enjoyable, but I dou
Stacy White

Overall the book was enjoyable, but I dou
Sam
Thoroughly good read, the storyline is well thought out and well written and very interesting and ever so slightly morbid. This is one of the later CSI books and it incorporates the changes in the show very well (e.g. Sara leaving, Greg surviving in the field and Hodges driving everyone nuts). The killer is well hidden (or was for me anyway lol) and was certaintly not who I expected although I must say I prefer to just read rather than guess who dunnit. A very good read
Fredrick Danysh
A shrunken head is mailed to a university in Las Vegas. Gil Grissom and his team have to first determine if it is real and if so how old. Then they have to find out who is missing a head. The case gets more intense as a new headless body is found and the media start talking about a serial head hunter. Based on the television series.
EZ
This was the first book that I read in the series and I was pleasantly surprised it is a very good read with lots of information on the origins and practice of headhunting it also plays out just like an episode of CSI and I could see the episode in rolling through in my head. A very good read for fans (or non-fans of the series.
Randy
Decent entry in the series, better than the last couple. The series still suffers though since Max Allan Collins left. I've come to believe tie-in series work beter with a single voice.
Gwen
I liked it, the book is easy to read. Sometimes a little horrific with the theme of the book (Won't say it because of spoilers) but still a very good book.
Rory
Sep 14, 2013 Rory rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: csi
Loved it. I've read many CSI books before but not from him, and it was good, especially the identity of the killer - I didn't guess it (:
Melodie
Not a bad read. Grissom gets a package with a head in it.
Nguyen Phuong
quite a scary novel. But I really like the headhunter theme
Mary
Good entry for this series. Entertaining.
Zykeirabeach
i will like to read this book
Ike
One word = silly
Rosie Uebel
Rosie Uebel is currently reading it
May 02, 2015
Cynthia M
Cynthia M marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Olivia Burdon
Olivia Burdon marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Philip Cooper
Philip Cooper marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Jennifer Schaper
Jennifer Schaper marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Hellen
Hellen added it
Apr 12, 2015
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Brass in Pocket (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #12)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • The Killing Jar (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #13)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Double Dealer (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #1)
  • Sin City (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #2)
  • Cold Burn (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #3)
  • Body of Evidence (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #4)
  • Grave Matters (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #5)
  • Binding Ties (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #6)
  • Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
Underworld (Underworld, #1) Q-Space (Star Trek: The Next Generation #47; The Q Continuum, #1) The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek: The Eugenics Wars, #1) Q-Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation #48; The Q Continuum, #2)