Start by marking “Dark Corridor Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Dark Corridor Vol. 1

Rich Tommaso

Dark Corridor Vol. 1

(Dark Corridor #1-7)

For decades the city of Red Circle has been in the firm and ruthless grip of the mob. That is going to change, as a small, but deadly, group of assassins begins to wipe them all out. Confused as to who is behind these mass killings, the mob families start to turn on one another. Collects DARK CORRIDOR #1-7
Published June 22nd 2016 by Image Comics (first published September 2nd 2015)

Cheese
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent little under the radar independent comic.

This is about a group of vigilante women who were orphaned due to mob hits. They grow up, form a group or their own and get their revenge.

Awesome artwork and told in a similar way to Brubakers criminal.

Recommended.
Kirsty
I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

This comic has interlinked crimes all based in the same city, with many characters and a lot of mystery and intrigue.

I went into this expecting a lot more from it than what I got, which left me feeling a little disappointed in it. I struggled to get into the plot, the characters, the setting and most of all the artwork.

This one just clearly wasn't my cup of tea. If you enjoy a good gangster pl
Derek Royal
This is a series that was ambitious at the outset. You could tell from the very first issue of, published by Image Comics last year, that Rich Tommaso had big plans for this project. However, and as he discloses during our Comics Alternative interview (http://comicsalternative.com/comics-a...), the sales for this series just wasn't there, and he had to end up truncating his larger narrative plans. I hope he returns to this storyworld in future comics.
Paul Allard
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A series of short stories about lowlifes and other criminals

With cartoon-style illustrations, this series of inter-connected short stories take place in criminal circles from thieves, fences, hitmen to corrupt policemen. Each Mafia family is out to wipe out the others using various hitmen. Meanwhile the Deadly Daughters are also doing their bit to wipe out the Mob.

Quite entertaining but predictable. Recommended to those who like gangster stories with plenty of bodies.
Ron
Pete, a hit man for hire in Red Circle, had a bloody dog stop by. Trying to track down the owner lead him to a murder scene which he then proceeded to rob with the help of a few friends. Over time we learned that there were other killers in town, 7 females to be precise who had a grudge they were working off. Pete and friends just managed to get caught up in the drama. And in the end, Pete decided the best course would be to drive away. Alone. While the city burned!
Chad
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
A bunch of interconnected crime stories set in the town of Red Circle. Super violent in a Tarantino-esque way. The art reminded me of a combination of Little Orphan Annie and Jamie Hernandez. At first I hated it but it kind of grew on me by the end.

Received an advance copy from Image and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
tyto
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I didn't care for this during the first few issues, but I kept with it, and I found myself more interested in it as it went along and introduced the Deadly Daughters, which were my favorite part of the story. There were moments in which it was hard to figure out what exactly was going on, but overall, this is an interesting story.
Nicola Mansfield
Jul 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this at all! The story is all over the place and all the characters are psychotically unlikable. One star because I did read the whole thing. I'll try the author again though as I did like "Clover Honey"
Fred
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unusual noir graphic novel. Two stories parallel each other, but finally intersect at the conclusion. The art has an indie feel that kind of reminds me of a modern Chester Gould. The story was intriguing, but needed a few more connections among the 7 Daughters.
Wayne McCoy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Dark Corridor' by Rich Tommaso is about a town where nothing good ever seems to happen. This series of linked stories definitely falls into the definition of Dark.

A man named Peter lives in a town called Red Circle and is surprised one night by a bloody dog at his door. He follows the dog back to its owners and finds a crime scene. He finds some friends that can help rob the place, but he also runs across a woman who is a member of the Seven Deadly Daughters. Their stories weave throughout the
Matt Stephens
Entertaining enough story but it is a bit hard to follow some of the panel layouts and the art isn't anything special.

The book is about a group of female orphans that are hunting down the local mafia families. It's split between the current day story and backstories on the women. For whatever reason the women like to dress half-naked in sexy ensembles which feels like of sleazy on the part of the writer / artist Rich Tommaso.

The story is intricate but fairly generic. The gore is a bit over the
Jarrah
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Dark Corridor is a uniquely stylized noir comic series that moves between stories about feuding mob families and a group of badass women assassins trying to take them all down. At times Tommaso's style, which features bubbly action lettering and often bright colours, feels at odds with the gritty, bloody story, but the tension is definitely interesting. Despite the lady assassins this series just wasn't really my thing - a lot of violence without quite enough backstory or character development f ...more
Matt
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-2016, 2016
A neo-noir with a retro punch, Rich Tommaso’s “Dark Corridor” blends elements like Darwyn Cooke, Daniel Clowes, and “Sin City” and remixes them into this unique and remarkable book. Now, complete and collected, here’s this odd little gem of a comic, presented by a confident and assured cartoonist.

“Dark Corridor” features a knotty storyline centered around a city run by gangsters called The Red Circle. Cartoonist Rich Tommaso juggles a wide cast of characters, who may not be entirely empathetic b
Alex Sarll
Interlinked crime stories all taking place in one corrupt city, a la Criminal or even more so Sin City. But where both of those series matched their tales with similarly noirish art, Tommaso instead uses a naive, brightly coloured indie cartooning style. And I'm sure the tension between form and content must be part of the point, but for me it just felt like an awkward disconnect.

(Netgalley ARC)
Jason
I wanted to like this more than I did. I think it's mostly because Rich seems like a really interesting guy if he's representing himself accurately in the backmatter (I read it in single issues). I don't love the art and I'm not completely following what's going on. There's definitely potential there, though.
Patrick
This read like a newspaper comic trip with more violent and sophomoric content. I didn't hate it, and there were somewhat funny moments. I didn't love it either.

I received an advanced copy of this from Netgalley.com and the publisher
Evan Cass
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, comix, fiction
(I read this in its initial serialized magazine form.) 4 1/2 stars. Grindhouse Dick Tracy, art comix sensibility. Two threads of interconnected vignettes converge to tell a quirky multi-generational crime story. Affecting, visceral, and charming work by Tommaso.
Lakis Fourouklas
May 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Satellite Sam, Vol. 1: The Lonesome Death of Satellite Sam
  • Cosplayers
  • Retribution, Part 2 (Lady Snowblood, #4)
  • The Life and Times of Martha Washington in the Twenty-First Century
  • Marvel Masterworks: Doctor Strange, Vol. 1
  • Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life
  • Effigy, Vol. 1: Idle Worship
  • Brat Pack
  • Criminal, Vol. 7: Wrong Time, Wrong Place (Criminal, #7)
  • The Russia Shift (The Fuse, #1)

Dark Corridor (6 books)