Start by marking “Fudge” as Want to Read:
Fudge

Fudge

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
It's an exciting day in Chad Abernathy's neighborhood when Biggie gives birth to eleven puppies! Biggie's owner says Chad can have one of the puppies, and Chad wants Fudge. But right away, things go wrong. Bossy Leslie calls first dibs on the puppies. Will she choose Fudge?
Published September 28th 1989 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published September 15th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Fudge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fudge

Katie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This book won some awards, so I picked it off the shelf at the library. Isaac seemed to enjoy it, but it was just okay for me. A 10 year old convinces his parents to get a dog and then the mom finds out she's having twin babies so the boy almost doesn't get his dog. I did like that it portrayed how much work dogs are. And I'm thankful that Isaac wasn't begging me for a dog too after reading it. :)
Charlie
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fudge, by Charlotte Towner Graeber was amazing. I felt very lucky when Chad got to keep Fudge. Fudge was a brown cute little dog that Chad really enjoyed. She was a puppy from Chad's neighbors house they were going to sell. (The neighbors were the Gracia's.) They also had ten other puppies they were going to sell. The puppies came from a dog named Biggie that the Gracia's had. When I finished the book, I wanted to read it over again because it was so real. I felt like I was Chad doing the things ...more
Mike Ehlers
Nov 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-read
My 5th grade daughter asked me to read this to help with her book report. She really enjoyed it, but she loves dogs. I thought it was ok, but kept thinking this was the type of book I disliked reading in grade school. Still, it did impart a good lesson about responsibility. There are worse things to read in Elementary School.
Twyla
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
CD
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
A children's book that I found a first edition for the 'collection'.
Lauri Key
Yes this is a childrens book, I read it when i was a little girl and I still love it to this day. I will defiently read it to my kids one day.
Lysha