Start by marking “Best Laid Plans” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans was my first woman's fiction novel! I was so excited when I was able to get my rights back and claim it as my own!

Take a trip back to 1983. There was no TSA and people smoked on airplanes. (The airplane scene actually happened to me and the nun!)

This was New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina – a place I fell in love with and visited a half-dozen times. Alas
Published April 1st 1983 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Start your review of Best Laid Plans
Lucy
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very first page, but then i wasn't surprised by that as i have found that with all the books i have read by Elaine Raco Chase so far.
This book is about Amanda and Lucas and how their friendship has gone from strength to strenght over 12 years from their first meeting at collage though to moveing in different careers, and hundreds of miles apart, then Kitty and Wade come on to the scene and Amanda and Lucas find their feelings have growen from brother and sister l
Susanna Mahoney
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A twinge of bronchitis is trying to grip me, thus it is time to cancelled plans, get cozy under the covers and drink honey tea and rest. The restless spirit cannot sleep, pulled out the kindle and with the finger flick through tbr file.

Stop at an attractive cover of a romantic lure; Best Laid Plans. By Elaine Raco Chase, open to the first page and found my soothing distraction.

It starts with an ambitious young woman orchestrating a cancer fundraiser as a fashion designer of the setting of New Or
Gaele
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Audio Book Review

Time travel back to the 1980’s and let Elaine Raco Chase be your guide. Meet Amanda, driven and accomplished businesswoman, with a flair for all things fashion. Her long-term friend Lucas, now a lawyer and her ‘go to’ for all questions of business has invited her down to his Texas home, under the auspices of a vacation / decorating trip.

While their relationship dances between ‘just friends’ and perhaps more, other entrants to the game of romance dance about the edges, creating
Pam Godwin
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Nostalgia is what led me to this 80's romance. I miss the era of curvy figures and hair out to here. This is a simple, innocent, push-and-pull love story between friends that occasionally shines due to flirty interactions and characterizations provided through flashbacks. As a rule, I loathe flashbacks, but these were brief, and without them the story wouldn't have had much character context. This book is the perfect constitution of detail for fashion designers or interior decorators, regardless ...more
Writer
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE

Opulent...first word that came to mind to describe this!, March 10, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: BEST LAID PLANS (Kindle Edition)

This is my first book from Ms. Elaine Raco Chase I'm mad at myself for not discovering her sooner, but also glad I now have a lot of books to read from this writer and I simply can't wait to devour them all.

The first few pages treats you to glimpse the world of fashion shows and designers...words used to describe the decadence of each of the renowne
Jennifer Gallagher
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome beautifully written book BY Elaine Raco Chase...The story starts with two long time best friends of 12 years Amanda and Lucas...
After Lucas persuades Amanda to design and decorate his house...She agrees and moves into his house In Texas.. they both feel this chemistry that has never before shown itself.. they both start thinking of sex scenes between themselves.. Cold showers for both!!! and they start to Question could their be more to their friendship..Thrown into the meltin
WiLoveBooks
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, review-copy
Amanda and Lucas have been best friends for twelve years. When Lucas comes to visit after not seeing one another for two years, they start to discover feelings they never noticed before. But will getting together ruin their friendship? Then a new guy steps into the picture and Amanda has some decisions to make. This was a lot of fun, with 80's fashions and decorating, bantering between comfortable friends, and plenty of steam. They were both great characters and I was rooting for them to get tog ...more
Annie ashbaugh
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every person wants a friendship the way that Lucas and Amanda have theirs. Having a friendship that is 12 years long, things really do change. I love how Elaine took the time to capture how each main character has saved eachother over and over again through out the years. I love how the book takes place in the 80's. I love the way that Wade tries to get under Lucas' skin. I absoultely in-love Lucas is with Amanda and how she never fully understood until the end.
Lucas is now my new book boyfrien
Elodie Parkes
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written, steamy, romantic read. Interesting because of the era and the fashion angle, it also pulls you along into the lovely, fun relationships between the characters. I enjoyed the descriptions of both the fashion and the feel of New Orleans in this story. There’s everything you might want in a romantic comedy, including the love triangle. Original, and with threads of fate taking over lives this book is very entertaining and I enjoyed it immensely. Highly recommend.
Joni
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have read many Of Elaine Raco Chase's books and have never been disappointed this book was fabulous. I absolutely 100% loved it and highly recommend it as a must read! The friendship that was built between Amanda and Lucas was beautiful and something that not all people are lucky enough to find. Crossing the line between platonic to intimacy is hard to do because there is always that fear of losing what you once had. Great story. Great characters. Spicy romance. What more can you ask for? ...more
Linda Rimer-Como
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has a fantastic storyline about a strong business woman who is feeling unchallenged in her life chose. Her best friend wants to help in more ways then one! The author has an exceptional way with the written word and the characters are well described and very interesting. I enjoyed this book immensely and will read more by this author in the future.

Was gifted a copy of this book.
Gayl Taylor
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Every detail from beginning to end was an amazing and unforgettable journey. The way Ms. Chase develops this 12 year relationship from fast friends to something more was absolutely delightful. In the end I wanted more. I'd love to know where Amanda and Lucas are today.

Highly recommended!
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
It took me a while to get into this book. All and all it was pretty good, at times though, the descriptions of things going on (like the fashion show at the beginning) were a little too much. I did love storyline and the characters. Good love story.
Maggie Lane
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this book!!!!! To have such a wonderful friendship and the fun flirty way Amanda and Lucas carried on with each other :) I am very happy it ended the way it did <3 Another AWESOME book Elaine...I so recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a GREAT LOVE STORY!
Molly
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the pacing of this story! Amanda and Lucas have known each other a long time. Loved the portrayal of how best friends discover they feel something more for each other and their path to exploring these feelings. Wonderful read!
Daydream Books
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this.
Patrick
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I had a difficult time with the slow moving fashion focus of this piece. The love triangle was smoldering, but it just doesn't take off quickly. ...more
Kellie Kamryn
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from the first page - the characters are fantastic and sucked me into the story. Bravo!
Emily
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
A fun, light contemporary. Great for a an afternoon read, and will definitely have you smiling in the end.
Laurie Kazmierczak
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
While I am much more into Sci/Fy, this was a nice detour into a romance novel. If you love fashion and a light read with some memorable characters, this book can fill the bill.
Mae Padua-janusas
Feb 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the story, but felt like it dragged on.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
it was a good book once it got into the story...but then all of sudden when it was getting great it ended........
Rosanna Leo
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very flirty and fun romance, with a dash of fashion flair. An interesting window into a particular world and nostalgic in a way. Very enjoyable and sexy.
J.M.
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a lot of fun. The friendship between Amanda and Lucas is so rare and necessary in life. Elaine Raco Chase is a great writer and I will definitely be reading more of her in the future.
Jan Murphree
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!!!!

Wonderful story!!! Great read!!
Loved it!!!
A great story of friendship and love.!!!
And HEA...at the end!!!
Awesome read!!!! Love love loved it!!!buy it
And enjoy!!!
Tonii
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the double entendre of the title all the way to the end, Elaine Raco Chase delivers a story that will keep readers hooked. She pulls you in with her description of fashion designer Amanda and her longtime pal Lucas as they confront an age old question: Can friendship ever truly be just platonic between a man and a woman?
Rachel
Feb 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
Typical romance. Had a lot of potential, good character development and a solid plot with a great conflict of a love triangle or two. However, the ending was just too rushed. I want to know what happened with the other guy and whatever happened to the other girl? Disappointed.
Ashley Mindykowski
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
I tried desperately to enjoy this book but just couldn't. It isn't written poorly or anything like that either, just not for me. ...more
Lindsay
Nov 25, 2012 marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 11/25/2012
Theresa Davis
May 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Elaine Raco Chase is the award-winning author of seventeen paperback novels with over 3 million books in print. She is published in 25 countries and 15 languages.

As a romance writer, Chase has won two sales awards for top romance novels of the year, Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award for romantic suspense, and the Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Award for writing excellence. Her non-fiction deb