Start by marking “Love After All (Hope, #4)” as Want to Read:
Love After All (Hope, #4)

Love After All

(Hope #4)

High school math teacher Chelsea Gardner has the perfect plan. She's tired of dating all the wrong men, and after years of frustration, she's developed a foolproof list of requirements for finding "the one".

Bar owner Sebastian "Bash" Palmer finds Chelsea beautiful, smart, and fun, but he thinks her list is ridiculous and unnecessary. Intent on proving that Chelsea is
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published June 16th 2015 by Tantor Audio (first published March 31st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Love After All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love After All

Start your review of Love After All (Hope, #4)
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 I-Have-A-List Stars

Love After All is a standalone novel and is the 4th book in the Hope Series. Lately I have been reading books out of order. Ive read a few Jaci Burton books and shes known for the Play by Play series. You would think Love After All is milder than the Play by Play series, but its not.

Love After All is a feel-good- happy steamy novel. Its a cross between a comical chick-lit and new adult read. Its a good book to read in between the serious ones.

Chelsea is tired of dating
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Chelsea Gardner is a pretty, single high school math teacher who's frustrated in her search for the perfect man. So, she created "The List" to outline all the attributes a man must have before she'll go out on a date. Sebastian (Bash) Palmer owns a bar, is commitment shy and doesn't even come close to Chelsea's list but yet the two of them can't avoid their strong attraction. And, their personalities seem to connect, too.

What I enjoyed
As Bash
Rejane
Jun 17, 2018 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition
Not even going to bother looking through reviews. The blurb was informative enough. A LIST for what to look for the perfect man. Please... 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Smart women know these lists are stupid and dont work

I read reviews after all just to make sure the pattern is followed: Yep... unlikable female mc

Stephanie  G
Chelsea is in search of the perfect man. Shes made her list and she checks it twice -or more- against every guy she meets. The one thing she knows for sure is Bash does not meet the list requirements, at all. Which is fine by Bash. Because, despite the chemistry, Chelsea doesnt exactly cut it on his list either. He is willing to help Chelsea out with finding her perfect man though; after all, what are friends for.

The premise for this book is fairly cliche. Girl is in search of the perfect man
Layeshia
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Writing a list and checking it twice... didn't work!

So you would think writing a list of what you want in a man and what you don't want in a man would work. Yeah it didn't. At least not for these two. It DIDNT work. Beautiful high school teacher Chelsea loves her Life very orderly she's a high school math teacher so everything always adds up. You know 1+1 is 2. 2×2 is four and so on. Her dating life sucks so she decides to write a list of things she would prefer in her man. Sounds simple
Auntee
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of hot contemporaries
No big review here...

I loved "Bash"--he was funny, sexy, and perceptive.

photo 8ad823a2-eee4-4dee-8d38-e44a4bf7df57_zpspb2qiffp.jpg

I thought Chelsea's insistence on her "list" for the perfect man was crazy. Couldn't she see that Bash was perfect for her?

This was a quick, one day read, and very enjoyable. That fact that Chelsea and Bash were long time friends made the romance more believable. Just wished that Chelsea would've wised up sooner.:)
I'm loving this series!

4 stars
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
"Burton injects the story with realism that hits the heart of readers."

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
Sophia
This series has been enjoyable as a nice change up from fast and furious and lots of drama. It's so laid back and easy going with its small town setting, group of friends, the dog characters, and their personal barriers to romance.

In this story, Bash and Chelsea get their story. Both characters are very familiar secondary characters from the beginning of the series. While I liked this story, I wasn't nearly as taken with it as others in the series.

As to being part of a series that is based on
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A teacher and a bar owner looking for love in all the wrong places.

Opening Sentence: Chelsea Gardner sat at the No Hope at All Bar, waiting for her friends.

The Review:

Chelsea is a math teacher who has just made her list of the perfect guy, too bad Bash doesnt fit any of the qualifications. Despite the massive spark between them, Chelsea is determined to date the right guy for a change. Bash is determined to help despite the fact that he
Susan
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good combination of friends to lovers and opposites attract. Chelsea is a high school math teacher and one of a group of friends. She's seen several of them fall in love and wants that for herself. But after years of dating guys that just don't work out, she has developed a list with her requirements for the "perfect man". If she sticks to that, surely she'll find the man that can give her the future she wants.

Bash is a member of the same group of friends. He owns the bar No Hope at All. Having
Keri
Bash's reaction to Chelsea's ILY was stupid and contrived. I would have rather had a condom tear resulting in a accidental pregnancy or some other vehicle since evidently we needed a dramatic moment to get us to the end of the story. But him backpedaling and making the stupid remark about her finding someone special to love...ugh...I almost threw the book against the wall. I was really liking it until that stupidity popped up. Hence my rating.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
2.5 stars. I had been looking forward to Bash's book and he didn't disappoint, but I couldn't get over what a moronic bitch Chelsea was. Her ridiculous list was juvenile and her way of picking apart Bash's character because he didn't make her list was annoying.
Michelle
Apr 05, 2015 marked it as up-next  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2015
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review

Full review to come
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

As you can see by the date that this one has taken me a while to get to. Unfourtunly it was that I haven't gotten a chance to read it, it's more likeI've tried over and over to get into it and couldn't. So finally I forced myself to sit down and read it. I have 4 other books after this one that goes with the series.

I will admit that I just skimmed read it. I just did enough to understand the story, but not enough to
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Chelsea and Bash take readers on a journey filled with humor, passion, sexy and sincere heartwarming love.

Chelsea has constructed a ten-point list to help her find the perfect guy. She is tired of dating the wrong men and is convinced if she finds a guy that meets all her criteria, she will live happily ever after.

Bash and Chelsea hang in the same circle of friends. Hes liked her for a while and would love to have a chance to get to know
Marulett
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Bash & Chelsea's book :)

Samantha (WLABB)
There's just something about finding the "one", who's been right in front of you the whole time.

Chelsea was searching for Mr. Right, a man who fit her list of requirements. Yes, an actual list. She and Bash had always had an attraction to one another, but he, by no means, was the list-man, and after a failed marriage, he wasn't ready to give his heart to someone, who would not accept him as is.

This was the light and fun read I was looking for. Bash and Chelsea had the chemistry and banter down
Jaime Arkin
This was my first Jaci Burton book I know thats weird right? I dont know, Ive always loved her covers but my trusted contemporary romance sources never really raved so I never grabbed them.

Sidenote this is a book 4 in a companion series I dont feel you have to read the full series in order to get into these.

Anyway, this one caught my interest of course Theres a dog on the cover. And a dude, who owns a bar, so I was in.

Chelsea Gardner is tired of dating the wrong kind of guys shes got a
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

If you need a pick me up read, you definitely need to read this series. The books in the Hope series are sweet and sexy and with each installment you fall in love with the characters and the overall cast a little bit more. Jaci Burton is definitely one of my go to authors to get me out of a book slump because Im guaranteed to get a story full of heart that will sweep me off my feet.

Thats exactly what I loved about LOVE AFTER ALL. I was quickly swept off my feet. Both Chelsea and Sebastian Bash
Anna's Herding Cats
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, 2015
Quickie--Ahh how could you NOT love this guy?! He's hot, sexy, has a little dog he's smitten with. He's pretty much perfect. smh at Chelsea for not picking that up sooner. Had a good time with these two and her "list".
Marlene
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at The Book Pushers

Love After All explores three fairly common romance tropes in an interesting story involving characters with a lot of heart.

OK, so its obvious I liked it, but what is it?

The title Love After All fits to a T (also the tees that the hero frequently wears fit pretty awesomely too). This is combination of the sex into romance trope and the friends into lovers trope rolled into one.

Chelsea Gardner is a high school math teacher, and has been for about ten years.
Anca
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5*
See my review for Hope Flames, that goes for all the books in this series ;)
✎Stacey "The One Night Biter"
Love the story line......... and the friends, and the loves

Barb Lie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love After All by Jaci Burton is the 4th book in her wonderful Hope series. Chelsea Gardner is our heroine in this story, as it begins with her writing her list for finding the perfect man. Chelsea has not has success in meeting Mr. Right, and now she has set high standards for what she expects him to be. As she sits by the local bar, waiting for her friends. Bash Palmer, the owner of the bar, spies her writing something. Teasing her, he tries to find out what she is doing. But Chelsea doesnt ...more
Elizabeth H.
I always love coming back to the town of Hope and all the wonderful and quirky characters that reside there. Bash and Chelsea havent had a lot of page time in previous books so it was nice to learn more about them and watch their love story unfold.

While I did enjoy the story, I had issues with both characters and if I wasnt frustrated with one, I was certainly frustrated with the other; Chelsea and her damn list for one. That girl is something else. Shes tired of dating losers and has devised a
Under the Covers Book Blog

If you need a pick me up read, you definitely need to read this series.  The books in the Hope series are sweet and sexy and with each installment you fall in love with the characters and the overall cast a little bit more.  Jaci Burton is definitely one of my go to authors to get me out of a book slump because I'm guaranteed to get a story full of heart that will sweep me off my feet.

That's exactly what I loved about LOVE AFTER ALL.  I was quickly swept off my feet.  Both Chelsea and

CeCe
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2015
Chelsea at first got on my nerves. Her list at first seemed cute, but then it felt very critical of everyone but herself. The reader can see Chelsea has a heart, but I felt you really had to look for it.

Chelsea made a list of the type of man she only wanted to date. Such as he had to have a 9 to 5 job, He did not like sports, he could not have any crazy ex-girlfriends (I love this one, but I do love crazy ex-girlfriend drama). The man has to like fine dining and wine and his perfect vacation
Becca
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love After All is the fourth installment in the Hope Series. I adore this series about a small town in Oklahoma. This is the story of Chelsea and Bash.

Bash Palmer is the owner and operator of the local bar in Hope. He spends all of his time married to work. He doesn't have time for dating much less a relationship.

Chelsea Gardner is looking for the perfect man. And she has a list to help her a long the way. She's tired of dating and wants a man to settle down with like the rest of her friends.

Genevieve Bg
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to reading this book. In Hope Burns, I got a little addicted to the interactions between Bash and Chelsea. I have to say, it was well worth the time waiting for it! I have to be honest, I am a romance junkie and it's rare a HEA doesn't hit a chord, even if it's a small one, but this one ... I will be reading it over and over I'm sure.

Chelsea is the total deal : beautiful, nice and smart. She's also a little high-maintenance and too rational sometimes. She's not
Shannon
Love After All

The Characters

Chelsea Gardner
Sebastian Bash Palmer

The Story

Bare Bones: Chelsea and Bash have known each other forever and recently an attraction has built. They both want to ignore it, after all Chelsea is on a hunt for her perfect man. Armed with her list she secures several dates but realizes no one can match the chemistry she and Bash have.

Overall a good read. I liked both of the main characters and we get to see a lot of some past characters too.

The Random Thoughts
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Whole Package (Veteran Movers #1)
  • Smooth Moves (Veteran Movers #2)
  • Destiny (Serendipity, #2)
  • Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
  • Under the Lights (Boys of Fall, #1)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Full Contact (Redemption, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Give it Up
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Serendipity (Serendipity, #1)
  • Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2)
  • Making the Grade (Wicked Warrens, #4)
  • Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
  • In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)
  • Under Control (Boston Fire, #5)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 85 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isnt on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. Shes a total romantic and longs for the ...more

Hope (8 books)
  • Hope Flames (Hope, #1)
  • Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Love Me Again (Hope, #7)
  • One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)