Start by marking “Collecting the Pieces” as Want to Read:
Collecting the Pieces

Collecting the Pieces

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  2,687 Ratings  ·  373 Reviews
At fifteen I fell in love. His name was Jake Stephens and he took the abandoned, lonely girl I had been and made me whole. His love was a pure and unconditional love that made every day better than the last…a fairy tale of my very own.

But this story isn’t about Jake. It’s about Abel Madden; the man I meet after the fairy tale goes to hell. A cocky, arrogant man who says wh
Published November 15th 2016 by L.A. Fiore

To ask other readers questions about Collecting the Pieces, please sign up.
L.A. No, there is no love triangle and no cheating. The story is in two parts, THEN and NOW. The THEN is really a long prologue that sets the stage for the…moreNo, there is no love triangle and no cheating. The story is in two parts, THEN and NOW. The THEN is really a long prologue that sets the stage for the rest of the story.(less)

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 Stars*****

“My name is Sidney Ellis and this is my story of finding love twice—the first when I needed it most and the second when I never saw it coming.”

description

Wow! I absolutely loved this whole story. It was such a pleasant surprise. I went into this book somewhat blind, not knowing much about the story other than what the synopsis divulged which in itself, really intrigued me and pulled me in to read this story. This was my first L. A. Fiore book and what a great book it was to start with. T
Natalie The Biblioholic
At 14%, I was a mess. A hot freaking mess.

Luckily they were tears of happiness and joy because Sidney had finally been given the love that she had always dreamed of and the family that she had always wanted. Jake's love saved her and his parents' acceptance completed her and gave her the confidence to pursue her goals.

By 19%, I was a fcking wreck.

My heart was fcking shattered, into pieces much like the theme of this story. It's not like I didn't know that this was going to happen. Doesn't mean I
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
It's LIVE --> Amazon: http://geni.us/bml6f

Collecting the Pieces is a Romantic Suspense that explores relationships, loss and whether it’s possible to find love twice in a lifetime. It’s a story that slow burned its way into my emotions, made me cry and feel a warm connection to the hero and heroine.

The narrative begins when the female protagonist, Sidney Ellis, is fifteen and showcases her meeting and falling head over heels in pure love with Jake Stephens. Her backstory is set showcasing he
Nazanin
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars

Wow, her writing is so fantastic! when I was reading "Devil You Know" I added this one and now I’m searching for her other works to add to my tbr. I confess that I’m a junkie and her books are my cure! Haha! When I was reading this story at some point I could hear my heartbeat and I could feel my blood boiling! And at some point I just laughed out loud! How is that possible some one could write so beautifully!

Sidney is an orphan girl who her parents abandoned her on the steps of a h
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPicTITLE: Collecting the Pieces
AUTHOR: L.A. Fiore
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 23 | Epilogue
GENRE: COMTEMPORARY ROMANCE
RELEASE DATE: November 17th, 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
COLLECTING THE PIECES: This story is told in 'Dual Perspectives' once you reach chapter 9 it switches over to Abel Madden's Perspective. We're first introduced to 'Sidney Ellis' in the 'Prologue' an infant with no name abandoned on the steps of a hospital, who was known as baby number 3 until a nurse named her Sidney, in the system ever since, until she
Dilek VT
"Sometimes we find a love that we’ve wished for, a love that is beautiful and pure that heals our hurts and fills the emptiness... Sometimes love is unwanted, raw and untamed. Demanding all from us, but giving back even more. Not the love we thought we wanted, but the love we need; the love we find we’re unable to live without.”

This is the story of Sidney Ellis. She was left on the steps of a hospital when she was a baby and when she was 10, she got adopted by some uncaring foster-parents. The
Alex ♈
I LOVED IT! I LOVED IT! I LOVED IT!
I just F*CKING LOVED THIS BOOK!
Where is the button to rate the book with Million Stars and nominate it for the best book of the year???
I’m a tough b*tch, and I rarely cry! But here I am – a sobbing mess with big smile on my face and my heart is beating so fast…
The most perfect heroine ever!!! I have nothing, really nothing to whinge about Sidney!
And I learned to love the hero; his character was quite a struggle at the beginning, and also because his “rival” (v
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Rating: 4 Stars

description

Review: Overall 'Collecting the Pieces' was a nice read with emotions, ugly cry, a strong heroine, a sexy hero and a little suspense.

CharactersWe get the story of Sidney from her childhood till adulthood and how she loses the people she loves till she finally finds Abel.

Abel is this sexy man who entertained me throughout this book, through his humor and the banter between the main characters.

description

What did not work? My only complaint with the book is that there were too many characters
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
4.5 Stars!

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

description

I found this book to be a surprise. When I thought the story was going to go one way, it took a complete left turn. In a sense, I almost felt like I was reading a few different stories all mixed into one, and that's not a bad thing in this case, at all. This is to say that, I felt so many different emotions for each character, that I was on a different ride with each of them. L.A. Fiore succeeded in making me feel for characters that shouldn't deserve the time of the day, and of course
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

WOW! This book!
I don't even know how or where to start. I have A LOT to say, so please don't run away screaming while reading one of my rants. ☺ You should really read this book - no matter what I might say in my review!!!!!!

First of all, what we have here are basically two or even more books. There's so much story here.
The first part takes up 20 to 25% of the book and I basically cried all through it! ☺

Let's start at the beginning. I'll try my best to not spoil too much. Even if it might seem s
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"All the pieces make a life."

I'm a big fan of this author. Her book Beautifully Damaged was a rare find when I stumbled across it years ago. It touched me deeply and kept her on my radar, waiting for more... It took a while, but my stalking paid off and when she wrote another book in the series it was just as good. After reading a few more, I'm convinced, she's extremely talented and deserves her place on my auto-click list of authors. This one, Collecting the Pieces, touched me more than all
Helena Bookhooked
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really do not know where to start when reviewing this book. I don't think my writing skills have what it takes to get across my feelings towards this book and give you, a fellow reader just how good this book was and five stars is just not enough praise for this book.

L.A. Fiore has really put her heart and soul into this book, from her wonderful words, to the inspiration for the cover and the work of art that is the inside of the book, nothing has been left out to give the best reading experie
JAIME
I read this book because the dude on the cover is basically my dream guy.

(Do you know this person? Give him my number)

This book was weird, and I'm not 100% it deserves the 3 stars I gave it. It may just be getting the bump up because, bearded motorcycle head with man-bun. Sigh.

This one starts with a 10 year old girl, being placed in her first foster home, and basically discovering that she is nothing more than a paycheque to her foster parents and that humans are generally the worst. Until she
Fathima
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 3.75 stars ... the ' then ' part of the book was a real lacklustre .. It just felt too robotic without much emotions .. I loved Jake , don't get me wrong , but their love was just too fast and too quick .. I loved that Sidney finally had someone to call her own but it mostly felt like a blur .. But the 'now ' part had soooo much KA feels to it .. I thoroughly enjoyed.. Abel stole my heart .. So rough around the edges but a total softie on the inside .. yum !
NMmomof4
Jan 01, 2017 marked it as lost-interest-but-maybe-come-back
I lost interest at 20%

I might come back to it, I might not...

I don't think I click with this author tbh, as I struggled with the other 2 books I read from her. I think I'm simply not a fan of her writing style, but it seems like others have no issues and love her works.

It just isn't working for me, sorry...
Josiane
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it

I finished this book a few days ago and usually after "The End" I run and write my review while everything's still fresh. I waited on this one because I was conflicted about many aspects of this book and didn't want my review to come out unjustly harsh. Truth is, I had to force myself to continue reading in quite a few parts and that's never a good sign but I soldiered on.

This book is really 2 parts. We meet Sidney at 10 years old when she gets foster parents for the first time and in t
Desi
2.5 estrellas

Este libro no fue lo que esperaba.... por la sinopsis pensé que iba a ser algo desgarrador y me iba a conmover, pero no me pareció así o la autora no lo hizo sentir así.
Parte del libro me pareció muy meloso para mi gusto (la 2da parte)

No sé si era que tenía las expectativas demasiado altas o no era el mejor momento para leerlo, no lo sé... pero no me llegó, ni tampoco los personajes, de la historia me pareció interesante la primera parte (creo que el único que me gustó fue Jake)...
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

There are many really good authors I like that write really great books - but there are only a few that write real magic.

Those authors usually have their very own special “thing” … their tiny magic that they weave into their stories. And the stories they create will draw you in and if you are lucky it will take you a long time to recover.

Let me use one of my favorite Authors here as an example again. Colleen Hoover’s magic is that she will always place a twist you never saw coming in her story
Joanne
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even through heartbreak, love can help you collect all the pieces.

This book hit every emotion. When I was asked if I'd read this book for an honest review, I of course said, "yes." However, I didn't read the blurb and had no idea what I was in for. Well, I was in for a roller coaster ride of emotions.

L.A. Fiore wrote a story full of love, friendship, heartbreak, and healing. Sidney Ellis didn't have a wonderful childhood. It wasn't filled with happy birthdays and joyous Christmas mornings. She
Saunders
When you read the blurb on this one it doesn't really give very much away except how Sidney fell in love at 15 to Jake Stephens. Pure and loving Jake.......what you don't realize that Sidney falls in love again but not as a girl as a woman. This is an amazing love story showing you that second chances at falling in love actually happen.

The book is told in told in two parts - Sidney's life as foster child, meeting her "brother" Conner and then meeting and falling in love with the lovely Jake and
Sabrina
I think Mrs. Fiore wrote Abel just for me.

This is the second time Im writing this review and I dont even remember what I wrote the previous time.

Just know that I think this was a spectacular read full of amazing characters, a gripping plot, a fantastic sceneary (I really wish to visit Sheridan, Wyoming) and two love stories in one.

Im left feeling enamoured and wishing for my motorcycle-driving, manbun-wearing, dirty-mouth bearded, blue-eyed devilsh man.

::sigh::
Mandy
Loved this book so much! This author did an amazing job of building the relationships between the characters in this story. There is so much that happened in this book and I didn't want to put it down. By the time I was done reading, I had huge tears rolling down my face - it was that good! Really fantastic!!!!
Tammy - Book Lovers Events (Co-Owner) - After Dark Book Lovers (Reviewer) -
An exquisite read telling of a broken woman who finds a second chance at life with a man to her extreme opposite. Collecting Pieces is so smooth, refreshing and real that you find yourself immersed in every word that builds a story that will stay with you.

LA Fiore always gives reads that make us think and feel, Collecting The Pieces was beyond this.

From page one i was involved in this story. A girl who grew up in a foster home that only wanted to collect a paycheck and a brother who started to
Mallory
Markella
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often you read a book that leaves its imprint on your soul. Collecting the Pieces is proof that L.A. Fiore is a master of her craft. This book is simply, beautiful. Within the span of a few pages, you find yourself captivated and in love. Be warned, it's an emotional read; it has you shaking with excitement and blushing the one minute and bawling your eyes out the next. Abel and Sydney's story is guaranteed to take up residence in your heart, it sure has a part of mine.

“Regardless of wh
Kerry Melton
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know when a book makes you feel every emotion possible it's hard to describe what your feeling.when your done with the book and can't stop thinking about the characters this is what happend after I read collecting pieces. I was so invested in the characters it was well written ever word flowed. La Fiore has outdone herself with this one she really has shown aside of herself and pour her heart and soul into this book. It takes a lot for me to cry and this book has done it a few times its full ...more
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've personally struggled to write this review but only because I cant find the words to do it justice. L.A Fiore writing is simply beautiful it takes you through so many emotions you actually feel it right down to your bones and this book is no different its filled with love, heart ache, tears, laughs and some down right make you blush moments.

Sidney didn't have the life you'd love to give a child, her's was filled with so many struggles that seemed never ending until she met Jake he showed her
Sbell
I loved this book. I loved, loved, like
had a girl crush on Sidney. Sidney
could have very easily been one of
those heroines that I didn't like.
Instead, the author took all of Sidney's
many adversities and used them to
mold her into an incredible woman.

Sidney was lucky in her life to have
2 loves. I loved them both. I loved
how the author weaved such a beautiful
story about a woman just finding her
way in life.

All the side characters were interesting
and I am thinking that she will have
books for some of
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every thing about this book. Every damn thing. The first love. The second chance. The friendships. The scenery. All of it. The writing was engaging, honest, and kept me connected from page one until the words the end. All of it was perfection for me. This book found it's way to my favorites of the year. Heart wrenching, beautiful, and told in a way that you are able to fully love all the characters involved. I recommend it whole heartily.

Audrey
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read. One of L.A.'s best. Wonderful characters you want to sit down and have drinks with. A hot, irritating and arrogant man who is an utter contradiction and beautiful Cain. It's a story that will make you cry, laugh and curse like a sailor. It's an exhilarating roller coaster ride totally worth the cost of admission. An L.A. Fiore five star must read!!

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I wanted to pretend for just a little longer that I was whole again. Happy. Then I'd figure out how to pick up the pieces and move on.” 2 likes
“Sometimes the damsel needs to save the prince” 1 likes