Start by marking “Hot Witness (Hostile Operations Team, #9.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.2)” as Want to Read:
Hot Witness (Hostile Operations Team, #9.5; The MacKenzie Family, #12.2)

Hot Witness

(Hostile Operations Team #9.5)

New York Times bestselling author Lynn Raye Harris adds her unique twist to Liliana Hart’s MacKenzie family with HOT WITNESS…

Eva Gray has a secret. Eight years ago, her sister entered the Brothers of Sin Motorcycle Club and never came back. Seven years ago, she vowed revenge, even if she had to change everything about her life to do it—her look, her name, her face.

Now she’
Published March 21st 2017 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Hot Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Witness

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

Having been a huge fan of this author for years, this is just a small taste of all the awesome that is her HOT series. Don't let the series number intimidate you because this is easily read as a standalone. Neither of the MCs ever made an appearance before this book so you won't be lost on any of the backstory.

This novella is a crossover of Harris's HOT series set inside Liliana Hart’s MacKenzie family world. Liliana is an author I haven't read yet and I fully intend to rectify this immed
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5-5 stars <3

Why I haven't read this author before?? I loved this one,the plot is very interesting and I was into the story from the beginning.
Jake and Eva's story is fast paced,captivating and hot with the perfect amount of action.Eva is a strong heroine and Jake is hot,these two they are perfect together!I enjoy it a lot and now I'm going to check more books from this author!

Dee
2.5 Stars

This was a nice little story but was very typical of a novella in that it ends in a flash and the H/h have miraculously fallen in love and eventually end up married.....It really was way too quick for me and I didn't feel it added anything to the series.

Yes, this story did have connections with Liliana Hart's Mackenzie world but we didn't get to catch up with anybody, it was mainly a case of having their name mentioned alongside sentences such as 'The Mackenzies are sorting that out' or
Zili
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

All the drama! Lynn Raye Harris packs a heck of a lot into Hot Witness. There’s so much action in Eva and Jake's story that I certainly didn’t get bored.

I love a kickass heroine like Eva. She’s extremely determined, strong and talented. She never gives up on her goal of justice by putting everything into fighting the bad guys. She never comes across as hard or too steely but The Brothers of Sin better watch out with Eva around.

Jake has spent years righting past wrongs and serving his country, bu
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

I have enjoyed the Hostile Operations Team series from the very first book and have been honored to be on Lynn Raye Harris' review team.

Lynn Raye Harris adds her unique twist to Liliana Hart’s MacKenzie family with Hot Witness. This novella isn't quite a divergent book but Ms. Hart has several authors bringing her Mackenzie's into their series. This could have spelled disaster. Fortunately for us, Ms. Harris knows her HOT team an
Patricia King
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Harris does it yet again.... A novella that is connected to her Hostile Operations Team series and The MacKenzie Family..... this book offers her typical elements; rescue, adventure, an exciting chase and oh that magic spark between the hero and the heroine...!!!... Loved it, so much, I always look forward to returning to the steamy and perilous reads.
Ellen Anderson
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot Witness

How can you go wrong with a book written by Lynn Raye Harris about one of her HOT guys and combined with some of Liliana Hart's MacKenzie crew? You can't! A quick and really good read.
SOMDReigel
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“When the warrior meets the vengeful virgin, nothing and no one is safe…”
I was not familiar with the MacKenzie series and didn’t need to be to enjoy this novella. It was fast paced, full on action, and a hot sexy plot. The romance/relationship happened very quickly but the author did it in a way that was believable. The main characters had an instant chemistry and connection so that it just felt right. Has a very strong female lead out for revenge and a former bad boy now hero military male lead
Darcie
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy amazing! There is no better combination of two series than the HOT men and the Mackenzies. Oh I have missed my HOT books and loved this one, even though it was short and I read it straight through. Jake was amazing and sweet while Eva was tough and brave. No one does military men like Lynn Raye Harris!
Bambing
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I am not familiar with the MacKenzie family so this is my introduction to them. That did not take away from the story nor of my enjoyment of it though. I liked that it flowed, there was no forced conflict, no drama for drama's sake. Everything fit, which made for a fast paced, satisfying read. Eva is a fierce heroine. She was focused, determined and courageous. She was afraid but she did not let that stop her. That's my kind of female lead.

*Review is based on an ARC*
Kimberly Garner
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of the HOT series, or even if this is your first time across this series, like it was for me, you need to read this quick Novella. Jake Ryan is brought in to help the McKenzie’s to bring down the Brothers of Sin MC. His way in is that he was once a Brother. What he wasn’t expecting is to fall head over heels for the woman he was sent in to bring out.
Eva was out for revenge, the MC killed her sister, all she wanted was to bring them down. She knew Jake high school and was her cru
Laurie Gyd
Revenge & love

Love the strong characters-story is exciting, exhilarating, full of secrets, HOT, and romantic. Enjoyed it-centered around revenge, payback with second chances. Short story, not as full of all the team or near as many twists. Centered around the main characters
Kim
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have had this series on my radar for a while now and Hot Witness made a great entry point for me!

Jake Ryan could have seriously gone down the wrong path in life as a teenager, but an arrest and a run-in with a judge who gave him a chance to turn his life around changed everything. Now that judge is fighting for his life after a murder attempt, and Jake has to step back into the world he escaped to repay a debt of gratitude and bring down the outlaw bikers he used to run with.

Eva has spent 7 y
Colleen
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lynn Raye Harris is one of those authors whom I never hesitate to "one click"; I look forward to her new releases a little bit like Christmas Morning. (Don't laugh, you know you have at least one author you feel that way about, too!)

Hot Witness was a fun, quick read for me. It introduces a new character from Ms. Harris' "HOT" world into Liliana Hart's "McKenzie Family" world. I admit that I've only read the first McKenzie book, so I don't have a real feel for her world, but the great thing is th
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.25-3.5 stars. This was a pretty good little book. Hot Witness by Lynn Raye Harris is a novella set in Lilianna Hart's MacKenzie series world. This is Jake and Eva's story. Jake was a bad boy in high school and he was a recruit for a MC club on the wrong side of the law at 18. But he turned his life around by joining the military, leaving the MC behind and becoming a special ops team member. Now, 7 years later, his help is requested by Declan MacKenzie to go under cover in the same MC he left b ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

This is the my first book by this author and it will absolutely not be my last. Seamlessly the HOT team entered into the MacKenzie world to send Jake Ryan back to a place he left behind years ago. He was once a member of Brothers of Sin MC he needs to go back in to help someone get out.

Eva Gray is hiding behind ink and a tattoo gun, biding her time for the moment she has been waiting for, for eight long years. But when a new/old brother rolls into town he might just ruin these plans. But while h
Renee Entress
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Hot Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)
Hot Mess (Hostile Operations Team, #2)
Hot Package (Hostile Operations Team, #3)
Dangerously Hot (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
Hot Ice (Hostile Operations Team, #7)
Hot & Bothered (Hostile Operation
Cathy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS
HOT Witness by Lynn Raye Harris. Wow! I really, really enjoyed this one. I'm not usually a fan of novellas but Ms. Harris certainly did a great job with HOT Witness. I liked both Jake and Eva. Eva was pretty amazing - her strength and determination was admirable yet she was vulnerable and innocent too. Jake was smokin' and just a down to earth and good guy. Together they had sparks and chemistry. I thought they were truly made for each other. The bad guy was bad and the danger was real.
Sparkymom
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If it's HOT, you've gotta know I'm reading it! This was a quick read novella, but it packed plenty into that short space. HOT is working with Declan MacKenzie to remove a witness from hostile territory, otherwise known as a biker compound. Jake used to have an affiliation with the bikers when he was young, so he gets drafted for the job. His witness is a tough tatted up tattoo artist who for some reason looks familiar. He is ready to do what it takes to get her out, but Eva isn't interested in l ...more
Paula
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot Witness by Lynn Raye Harris has a HOT member joining forces with the MacKenzies in one awesome story. Eva and Jake’s story may be novella in length but it is action packed full of danger with a criminal biker gang, suspense and romance. I loved how Jake’s back story is given, showing how he has changed from a wannabe thug to a man of honor with purpose. Eva was a woman on a dangerous but worthy mission, showing just what an amazing heroine she is. Together Eva and Jake rock; falling in love ...more
Herman Fassett
Feb 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unclean
When I picked this up, I had no idea it was a novella.
I only picked it up because it was a free audiobook.
I shouldn't have bothered. If you like to read adult content, go ahead.
This is pretty much just a setup for a sex scene at the end of the novella.
These were my thoughts:
"Okay so finally after them lusting after each other (ugh I hate listening to this stuff) the story is starting to pick up with a car chase! Now maybe some redeeming factor will show up... Okay, never mind now they're alone t
Stephanie  Mae
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
I devoured this in one sitting. I had never read anything by the author, but now that I've read Hot Witness I've picked up one of her other books. It was entertaining and caught my attention from the first chapter. I love the main characters, Jake and Eva. I wished it would have told more about Eva's sister murder and how she got involved with the motorcycle club. I felt like it was too short and that's the reason I'm giving it 4 instead of five stars. Overall very well written and was a
Kari Hansen
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When he was younger, Jake was on a destructive path but he given a second chance by Judge Mason and turned his life around by first serving in the military and now working with the MacKenzies. He is tasked with becoming part of the MC that he was previously involved in and finding a witness, Eva, and getting her out before the club realizes who she really is. Eva has spent years to ensure she fit in with the Brother of Sin MC so that she could avenge her sister’s death and wants the guilty party ...more
Janet D. Murphy
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOT Witness

Jack Ryan and Eva Gray story was a good one. Jack works for HOT and was sent into a motorcycle club to get Eva out. Little did he know she was a girl he went to high school with but the years were good to her.

Can Jack save her from the biker club and keep her safe and not fall for her?

Short and sweet read.
Abbie
This is a well-rounded novella blending the world of HOT and a new to me author/series, Lilana Hart. It was a great introduction to Hart's world and coincidentally the first book in her series was free today on Amazon.

I read this in one sitting and was immediately brought into a new world with a HOT operative, Harley, who is undercover in his former MC to save a witness before she's identified. The witness, Eva, has trained to become a tattoo artist to also get into the MC to avenge her sister's
Kerry
Shelves: reviewed
WOW!!! Liliana Hart's Mackenzie Family & Lynn Raye Harris' HOT all in one fabulously steamy novella....can't get much better than this!

Jake's new assignment is to infiltrate his old MC and protect a witness all while gathering intel....That witness?? Someone from Jake's past! Eva has spent the past 8 years remaking herself into someone who could get into the local MC and find out what happened to her sister, if she gets caught, she could end up just like her...dead!

Although a quick read, thi
Selina Durio
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great novella

While this is part of the MacKenzie Family world, this is a great HOT team novella. As usual the members of HOT swoop in to save the day when terror strikes. Whether it is home or on foreign soil, home grown or international this team, including Jake, Saint, etc, knows how to get the job done.
Pat
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot Witness, Jake and Eva's story, is another great read from Lynn Raye Harris' HOT series. This particular story is also tied into the McKenzie Family series by Liliana Hart.

Hot Witness departs somewhat from the other books in the series as Jake, a member of HOT, takes on a motorcycle club that he was once part of. Most of the other books in the series deal with international threats, but that doesn't take away from the suspense of this story.

Eva is a strong, determined woman, Jake, a no-hold
Mary Silvestri
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

A little too short for the romance part. The suspense was good and we'll handled. But the romance between Ryan and Eva was just too rushed. HOT novels are some of my favorite books.
Tracy Brant
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
So good

Wish this book could have been longer, it seemed to be too short. It's a great story but it all seemed so rush which was a pity because it had so much more potential. Still really good tho!
  • Lessons in Seduction (Once Upon An Accident, #2)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
  • Lost and Found
  • With Love in Sight (Twice Shy, #1)
  • Drain Me
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • Why These Two (Vampire Assassin League, #11)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Yesterday's Tomorrows
  • Crossfire of Love
  • Limits
  • His Tattooed Virgin (Divine Creek Ranch, #12)
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
To be kept up to date about all of Lynn's new books, as well as to receive exclusive content and have the opportunity to enter special giveaways, sign up for Lynn's newsletter here. Or text the word HOTTIES to 66866.

Lynn Raye Harris is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM SERIES of military romances as well as 20 books for Harlequin Presents. A forme

Hostile Operations Team (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Hot Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)
  • Hot Mess (Hostile Operations Team, #2)
  • Hot Package (Hostile Operations Team, #3)
  • Dangerously Hot (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • Hot Ice (Hostile Operations Team, #7)
  • Hot and Bothered (Hostile Operations Team, #8)
  • Hot Protector (Hostile Operations Team, #9)
  • Hot Addiction (Hostile Operations Team, #10)