Start by marking “The Secrets of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #3)

The Secrets of Supervillainy

(The Supervillainy Saga #3)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Merciless, the Supervillain without Mercy (TM) is back with even bigger problems! How far will he go to fix his wife's current state of being a soulless vampire? Can he ignore his growing feelings for Cindy, despite their difference over the new Star Wars movie? Can he survive the wrath of the President of the United State
Published July 4th 2016 by Amber Cove Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Supervillainy, please sign up.
C.T. Phipps It was an editing error that was corrected but has been difficult to get Amazon, Goodreads, and Audible to agree on. Basically, she was meant to be a…moreIt was an editing error that was corrected but has been difficult to get Amazon, Goodreads, and Audible to agree on. Basically, she was meant to be a somewhat light-skinned black woman due to being mixed race and they did really-really light skinned. (less)

Gavin
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
C.T.Phipps The Supervillainy Saga has fast become my favourite series in the genre. This third instalment of the series was packed full of all the action, humor, and crazy super powered happenings one could wish for.

The story can feel a little crazy and over the top at times but it works because Phipps gets the mix between the humour and the drama perfect. There is tons of laugh out loud moments but all a few heartfelt ones. Another real success is the characters. Merciless - The Superhero With
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Secrets of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga #3) by C.T. Phipps is a book that you can love the villains and the heroes. (Mostly the villains) All of these books in this series are witty, clever, make you giggle, groan, and are excellent reading when you are in a bad mood. They will cheer you up, get your mind off reality, and you can enjoy the silliness of supervillainy! (evil laugh)
I enjoy these books and fortunately for me, the author knows I like them and sends me them to read...the
AudioBookReviewer
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My original The Secrets of Supervillainy audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Gary better known as Merciless, Super Villain, has his hands full.  He wants to be a super villain but still finds himself being the super hero … for all his badness, he still does ultimate good just in a roundabout way.   The story talks about his struggles to rescue his wife Mandy from the soulless life of being a vampire – his love for her seems consuming until he falls for another and
MagePro
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As the Supervillainy Saga is an ongoing one, it's going to be tough to outdo this one for the next book. This installment holds its place as a standalone book from the rest of the saga. Not only does our main character, Gary, have a murder mystery to solve, but continue his quest to get his wife, Mandy back as well as make sure the whole of existence doesn't get wiped out... again. (and again?)

Phipps use of pop culture references may end up dating the book series, but until then, it serves as a
HobbitFromPA
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just really enjoy this series. Some of the pop culture references in this one were my favourite to date. These books are not meant to be "The Great American Novels" just to be fun and that's what you get. I look forward to the next in the series to see how they get out of the latest mess (or do they?). Hurry up and get the next one out C.T. Phipps.
Steve Caldwell
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In which Gary Karkofsky, aka Merciless, The Supervillain without Mercy™, makes and executes plans to bring his wife back from undeath. Thats right, undeath. After his battles with the undead and an old god in book 2, in which his wife was brought back from death after Gary makes a deal with Death, only she's brought back as a vampire. Gary is now desperate to save her, willing to make any deal to bring her back as herself. He does this while facing a whole new threat from one of the most powerfu ...more
Gemini
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intresting read but for me it was a little all over the place. I think Gary is about to get a thruple with Mandy and Cindy. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Susan
Note: This book really works best if you’ve read the previous two books.

Set almost 1 year after the ending of Book 2, The Games of Supervillainy, Gary returns to continue the nefarious fight as Merciless, the Supervillain without Mercy! The end of Book 2 left Gary’s wife, Mandy, in a bit of a lurch. She’s now a blood sucking soulless vampire and no one wants to hang out with her. Gary has continued his search for a way to bring back Mandy’s soul but hasn’t had any luck. At least, not until Death
Mikhail
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Got about a third of the way through and gave up. Not even entirely sure why I enjoyed the previous two books, but this one just failed to click. Some of it might be that the jokes/plots just started to pall (particularly the romance angle), and some of it is that the plot takes a bit of a left turn (new characters out of nowhere, personality changes... I mean, there's a reason for it and there's a timeskip to explain it, but still).

Still has some genuinely hilarious moments, but not enough for
Kathy
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this new outing with Gary aka Merciless in his one step forward, two steps backwards life of craziness. However, I do think this is the weakest book in the series to date, mostly because of the very abrupt ending which made me feel like a whole section of the book was missing. Also this made the plot seem somewhat unfocused and a bit pointless to me as this is obviously only half of a story, still despite this annoying development I'll still pick up the next book in the series.
Chelsea
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is the literary equivalent of a typecast actor trying to prove his chops in a low-budget indie drama.

Took a decent main character and the cute deference to his love of his wife and made him pathetic and codependent. The storyline has slowly devolved into hard to follow Freudian nonsense. This is either the result of being on deadline, out of support ideas or both.
Melanie
Review originally posted at RabidReads.ca.

Merciless, the Supervillain without Mercy (TM), aka Gary Karkofsky along with Cloak have their hands full in this book. Gary is trying to fix an issue with this wife that happened in the previous book. He has also, once again, found himself doing things for the side of good. Gary has always wanted to be a supervillain, ever since his supervillain brother died. Now that he has that chance, he keeps finding himself on the superhero’s side.

This tim
Mervi
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superheroes
The book starts about a year after the second in the series, The Games of Supervillainy.

Gary Karkofsky also known as Merciless, the Supervillain without Mercy, is in a pickle: his wife was turned into a vampire and not the sexy kind either but a soulless monster. He’s been looking for a cure, but nothing has worked, so far. He’s also developing feelings for his henchwoman Cindy, who is also his ex-girlfriend. And Death has a job for him. Apparently, the greatest superhero of all time was killed
John
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun book, continuing Phipps' realistic imagination of what would world with superheroes and villains actually look like, especially focusing on the darker aspects. Merciless, the Supervillain without Mercy (TM) is left to deal with all the choices he made in the first two books. Instead of letting his wife stay dead after sacrificing herself; Merciless brought her back as a homicidal vampire and is now on the lookout for a way to return her soul. Despite the fact that everybody from his haunte ...more
StLOrca
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Secrets of Supervillainy, Volume 3 in the Supervillainy Saga, finds Gary Karkovsky (perhaps better known as Merciless, the Supervillain Without Mercy) back in Falconcrest City after having fought off the Brotherhood of Darkness and their attempt to unleash the Elder Gods.

All is not well, however: Gary's wife, Mandy, was killed and then resurrected as a vampire. Gary has spent the last couple of years trying to find a cure...but there may not be one. Gary also finds himself falling for his ex
Gilbert Stack
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Phipps obviously adores superhero comics and this series is a loving satirical homage to them. In this third installment, Merciless is trying to find a way to bring his wife’s soul back into her vampiric body while dealing with the hilarious mess of his life. To make matters worse, a massive conspiracy to take over the world is underway and the conspirators have decided they need to take him out first. Naturally Merciless, who insists he’s not a hero, is coming up with reasons to stop the bad gu ...more
BookLoversLife
Poor Gary! He tries so hard to be bad but fails miserably all the time! This series has quickly become one of my favourites and this edition just cements that fact!

This one takes place months after the events of the last book. Gary is still deaths b**ch and he is trying to find a cure for his vampire wife, all the while trying to battle his feelings for his henchwoman. During this, he has to try to solve the mystery of who killed the greatest super hero of all time and work alongside his beauti
Jeff Parker
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not your typical superheroes

C.T. Phipps delivers another incredible story of Merciless and his team of highly entertaining sidekicks. Gary and his crew are the most disfunctional family you will ever meet. While the humor draws you in and the wicked pace keeps you turning pages it is the heart of the story that really resonates after you have put this one back on your carasuel, or shelf.
The only reason this isn't 5 stars is because the editing was so bad on this one. At least in the version I ha
Ammon
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Douglas Debner
Apr 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is an above average with one of the worst endings I've ever come across. I suppose this is technically a SPOILER but this book can't be seriously reviewed without discussing ending. The bad guy is discovered and defeated but his plan to kill millions is still rolling forward. The book ends.

In one paragraph my rating of this book went from 3.8 stars to 1. Such a moronic ending is absolutely unforgivable and is nothing more than an attempt to get people to buy the next book, NOT BECAUSE OF G
Ed Nemo
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: super
Humorous and action packed is a hard combination to get right. This book succeeds marvelously. The contrast between types of comic villains is astounding. It's the comparison between Dr Doom and the Red Skull. Dr Doom is less a monster, than a deeply flawed genius who is trying to get what he wants at nearly any means necessary. Now, take away the hubris, make him a fan of pop culture, and place him in a weird love triangle and you sort of have Merciless. (The Red Skull is just a dick.)

This seri
Koen Wellens
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
There’s a lot more time between this third book of the series and its predecessor. Which is okay. Some things happen off-screen – if you can talk about a screen here – and that’s okay as well. The sad part is that the story takes a long time to really get interesting. There’s some time catching up for what you can’t read, but then there’s just a long time of nothing really happening.

Read the full review at my blog.
Angel Ludwig
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun but argh!

So, fewer issues with sound alike (though the team STILL doesn’t know the difference between rational [adjective] and rationale [object/noun]) and Book 2 mostly had more ‘we tried to fix this but left in the wrong word, too’ which are better this round. This time, he just doesn’t know his anatomy well. FYI, the front of the head is your forehead, NOT your temple(s); those are on the sides of your head.
Andy Young
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was definitely rewarded by sticking with the series, despite the editing in book 2 making it almost unreadable. Both the editing, and more importantly the story itself, were much improved in the 3rd installment. I never give specifics about storylines in my reviews, to avoid spoilers. Suffice to say that this series is worth your time, and that I'm very much looking forward to book 4.
Melissa Hayden
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I do enjoy the dry humor between Gary (Merciless) and Cloak. This story just makes me smile. It's funny how much chatting goes on in battles. And how things come out. lol. Then, the whole thing changes directions as everyone's motives and wants change with the chatter.

We have everything from super powers to magic, from cybernetics to alien technology. A great blend of all things science fiction and fantasy with our superheroes, erm, supervillains! Pay attention! Because when things get rocking a
Vic
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This installment is action-packed and extremely funny. Unfortunately, the whole Mandy-Cindy-Gary situation wasn't really my cup of tea. Overall, this is a great series, and I look forward to reading the next book.
Kevin
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book was a "meh".

Wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I might still read the sequel sometime in the future.

2.5/5 Stars
Richard Taylor
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have the book and audio version. Loved to listen to the story while walking around the neighborhood. Loved the characters and story. Very enjoyable.
Meredith
Appreciated the meta nod about how different the same comic book character can be, depending if their story is told in 1930s, 1950s, today, etc., yet still be the same character.
Eric Loflin
Nothing can screw up a great story line like throwing in a bunch of time travel/alternate universe BS. I feel like this book kind of jumped the shark. Undecided on if I should go on to book 4.
Readers That Love...: Audiobook - Supervillains! 1 4 Jan 03, 2017 09:27AM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Audiobook Giveaway - Supervillains! 1 1 Jan 03, 2017 09:03AM

• Horror, Humor, and Heroes
  • Anubis Nights (Jonathan Shade, #4)
  • Alien Racer (Black Ocean #5)
  • The Green Lama: Scions (The Green Lama Legacy Series #1)
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • Nimpentoad
  • Hush (Dragon Apocalypse, #2)
  • The Merchant Adventurer
  • Braineater Jones
  • The Berserker and the Pedant (The Berserker and the Pedant, #1)
  • Pale Rider: Zombies versus Dinosaurs
  • Artificial Evolution (Big Sigma, #3)
  • Early Years (Hard Luck Hank, #0.1)
  • The Great Ideas of Psychology
  • Knox's Irregulars
  • The Madmen's City
C.T Phipps is a lifelong student of horror, science fiction, and fantasy. An avid tabletop gamer, he discovered this passion led him to write and turned him into a lifelong geek. He is a regular blogger on "The United Federation of Charles" (http://unitedfederationofcharles.blog...).

He's written Agent G, Cthulhu Armageddon, Esoterrorism, I Was A Teenaged Weredeer, Lucifer's Star, Straight Outta Fa

The Supervillainy Saga (6 books)
  • The Rules of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #1)
  • The Games of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #2)
  • The Science of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #4)
  • The Tournament of Supervillainy  (The Supervillainy Saga, #5)
  • The Future of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #6)