Start by marking “Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day 2016” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day 2016

Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day 2016

Jump on board the TARDIS with FOUR all-new short tales of the Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Doctors! Whether you're a whizz with a Sonic Screwdriver or completely new to Who, this is the perfect Free Comic Book Day adventure for SF fans of all ages! Written and illustrated by the creative teams of the regular comics, this is the ideal place to start reading!
Published May 7th 2016 by Titan

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Start your review of Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day 2016
Neli Krasimirova
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
it was the way too good for a free DW comic book but when it is about DW, I am the one always looking for tasty gourmet stories about time and space. But it was so deluted because it is imposibble to make four stories in 23 pages taste like more.
Rachael
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this was better than the other Doctor Who Comic book I've read. It captured the Doctors' characters brilliantly and there were some witty one-liners.
The Twelfth Doctor story gets 5 stars from me because of Osgood who was awesome.
The story with Eleven was confusing but in a good way. I'm still thinking about it now. (view spoiler).
Unfortunately, the Tenth Doctor's comic was the worst of the bunch
Kiera
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another collection of short Doctor Who comic stories. This instalment was better than the previous one and included Doctors 9, 10, 11 & 12.
booksandbark
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
Twelve Meh. I didn't really get the story or Twelve as a Doctor.
Eleven I'm not even sure this was as story?? I left off at the end of this story and when I picked it up again, I'd forgotten I'd read it, so that's not a good sign.
Ten The concept of the TARDIS being alive is interesting, but I don't like how they keep introducing new companions for Ten (Gabby and Cindy). They're too similar and have no real characterization.
Nine By far the best. Reads kind of like an actual episode. I liked that
Taaya
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I prefer companions I know (which means those in the tv show), especially when it comes to 10, but the stories weren’t bad. Just a bit rushed and not thought through (like using the reality shifting helmet for something good).
Mimi
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 fun stories that chracterizes each of the doctors rather well. My favourite one was the last one, but probably because it was about number Nine. And Rose and Jack.
Thais Morimoto (tatakizi)
I love Doctor Who so much!!
I loved to see the short stories for the four doctors. It's so different from the TV Show (the stories), but the essence is the same. I miss the TV Show now.
Tiina
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Free comics are great! It was interesting to familiarize myself with another Doctor Who media. I started to really miss all the Doctors when I read this, I could hear their voices in my head and see their grins right in front of me. However, a few pages per story is usually not enough to make it a strong one, and in these the best part was not the plots (that were sometimes inventive but the day was always saved far too easily) but the banter of the Doctors. Because I have never read DW comics ...more
N
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: english, doctor-who
While this collection starts off weak with a fairly ham-fisted (and badly drawn) Twelfth Doctor & Osgood story, it picks up the pace soon after. The Eleventh Doctor and Alice get to spend time with Abslom Daak, Dalek Killer, in a story that very cunningly explores the characters' morality and their manipulative natures. Cindy and Gabby explore the TARDIS during the book's third chapter, and because this was my first Cindy comic, I really appreciate how her entire character just immediately ...more
Shawna Oakes
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’ve read many other doctor who comics and this one wasn’t as good as the rest. It was good for 29 pages I guess, but it wasn’t too spectacular or anything. I found the ninth doctor’s story most entertaining, but the story for ten and eleven confused me. I guess it was good considering I got it for free and it was my first time reading a comic on iBooks.
Brittany
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
It had 4 different stories in a short amount of time which kept my brain very interested. 26 pages isn't really bad if you want something short to read and you're bored to death.
Now I want to read more Doctor Who comics!
Anja Braun
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
First story was ok the other not so much..

Not really feeling these free comics..sorry they are just not that good..just too short. Uh 6 more words .not for me
Kathleen
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Love all 4 Doctors.Number 9 is my favorite and usually gets overlooked.
Aryn Oliver
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it

I didn't necessarily care for the last story, it was on the boring side a little. My favorite was the one about the "ghost".
Pata
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic, kindle-bought
Doctor Who comics are not for me.
Mrs Anne E Coldrick
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brilliant story but...

Brilliant story but sometimes I couldn't tell who was speaking. But was great any how. Brilliant book for free! It was FANTASTIC!!
Summer Nadela
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice story to read...
Amber
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun reads

The Doctors adventures are always fun and entertaining to read about! I like meeting some of the newer companions that weren’t in the show.
J. Jackson
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always love it

What's not to love with four Doctors? The more the merrier people! Wouldn't mind Captain Jack's face on the moon at all.
Jamie Penwell
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm I was confused

Not a bad story at all. But I felt like it was kinda jumpy. All personally the are style is not my style choice
Debra Abshier
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Its ok

The short stories worked well. If they had been longer I would have lost interest. Good starter comic to introduce the Doctor.
Neil Harrison
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

This is a great book to read because it is free and includes good content such as planet graffiti or a robotic monster. But it cold be more than just 24 pages .

James Barnett
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent read!

Enjoy a great afternoon with fun characters and creative stories. Nice flow with an easy to follow art board . lovely work. Enjoy!
David Caldwell
Four short comic book stories that featured the last four incarnations of Doctor Who (one per story). The big difference between the comics and the TV version is that the Doctor will sometimes have companions in the comics that he never had on TV.

The stories are fun but short. This is a nice preview of the kind of stories that you get in the regular comics. This was the free giveaway for Comic Book Day 2016.
Sarah Fairbairn
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What is better then a free comic?
A free comic that is awesome! And this was most definitely awesome.

With new adventures from the Doctors 12, 11, 10 & 9, it was a super fun read.
I am so chuffed I came across it on amazon, still free I might add.
I can see myself reading it again when I need a quick pick me up.

FIVE "I will always love you #10 and keep on keeping on you scallywag #12" STARS.
Will Hoover
Good art and a collection of surprisingly entertaining little stories make this 2016 Free Comic Book Day issue of Doctor Who quite a treat. Interestingly enough, the ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth incarnations of the Doctor appear in reverse order, and the quality of the art actually improves as we go back in the wibbly wobbly, timey wimey timeline. This is one free comic book that is well worth the read.
Michael
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good addition to the FCBD collection

I'm trying to get into Dr Who a bit more and this comic was brilliant in doing so. It was well illustrated and had 4 great, well written short stories in, involving 4 different doctors.
Britta
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This defiantly is great for a free comic. It's a good way to introduce the comic book realm of Doctor Who. Plus it has 4 different Doctor Regenerations!

I kind of want to read everything doctor who now... greaaaaat. And I can't even watch it anymore. *cries*
Luis A. Vega Jr
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Art Work

Great Art work and the short stories remind me of the television series. If you enjoy the TV show then you are sure to enjoy this free comic book.
Ebenezer
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good

I like it its free. ... ... . . . . . ..... . . . . . . .

• Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Free Comic Book Day 2017
  • FCBD 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy #1
  • Captain America: The First Avenger #1: First Vengeance
  • FCBD 2019: Spider-Man/Venom #1
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender "Shells" (Free Comic Book Day 2014)
  • ...But The Past Ain't Through With You