Start by marking “Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2)” as Want to Read:
Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2)

Take Me Home

(Belladonna Ink #2)

Thanksgiving arrives in one week and one day. Feeling hemmed in by parental expectations? Are they disappointed by your sapphic proclivities? I can help! The only pay I want is the holiday meal!

I didn’t know what I was looking for until I saw her Craigslist ad.

I love my family. I’m lucky to have them — well, most of them. But my aunt? I’m so tired of her giving my mom cr
Published November 7th 2016 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Take Me Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me Home

Start your review of Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2)
Pin
Take Me Home is a novella of about 30,000 words, a second standalone piece in the Belladonna Ink universe (standalone stories linked by the female-centric tattoo parlor Belladonna Ink), written in first person present tense, from the point of view of the protagonist Keighley. I am aware that it is not always possible to put all elements required for a well-rounded story in this, much shorter form, but here it is done fairly well. The main characters, accountant Keighley and tattoo artist Brooke, ...more
Dee
4.5 brilliant stars

This story was so much fun. I adored the heroine’s right off the bat. In a short amount of page time I got to know them both well, despite the story being told completely from Keighley’s point-of-view. It’s also told in first person present tense, something I normally struggle with, but Lorelie does it so well. The dialogue is engaging and flows effortlessly.

Thanksgiving dinner was a blast, the witty banter certainly kept me entertained. With that said it wasn’t without some h
Danni Mladenovic
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think Lorelie Brown "bought" me with her Far From Home novel enough to want to read every single novel(la) she publishes. I really like her style, the way she effortlessly breezes through the dialogues between the characters, the way she creates the chemistry, and also the way she writes the sex scenes - she makes them to be so hot and erotic, but not simplified or lascivious. That being said, I found a major flaw in this novella: (view spoiler) ...more
Kara
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable book. The first 45% or so is my favorite. Lots of humor (bringing a lesbian stranger home to Thanksgiving, posing as your girlfriend just to drive your fundamentalist Christian aunt crazy? Brilliant!!!!), and Keighley and Brooke are both likable MCs.

Then the MCs spend much of the next month enjoying each other (and I enjoyed reading of their enjoyment!). And then….sigh….Keighley realizes she’s in love with Brooke and when Brooke doesn’t immediately express reciprocal love,
mishi
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
"I float away. Does this count as a blind date? Maybe not. I’m not sure I care. If we end up madly in love with two adopted kids and a handful of cats and dogs, driving a Suburban, the story will be even better if it’s not a date."

That's just after the first meeting. Keighley, the protagonist, was really funny and relatable as hell. I wish the relationship wasn't rushed but all in all it was a cute and quick read.
Bethany
Not even in the same league as the first book in this series :-/

3 stars.
Tara
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very cute holiday romance. I didn't like it as much as I liked Far from Home, but I enjoyed it nonetheless and I look forward to seeing more in this series. ...more
Stephanie
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this short read. I didn't realize it was second in a series...but honestly you couldn't tell. Definitely a stand alone story. Interesting premise...one that I wouldn't be surprised if people have actually used! Hiring someone to take home for a Holiday dinner. In this case it was Thanksgiving.
I thought the author did a pretty good job of developing the story line quickly including a whole host of secondary characters. The romance is extremely quick but it's a short book so I tried to o
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from NetGalley and Riptide Publishing in return for a fair review.*

We ask that reviews be posted no more than 30 days prior to the book’s publication date
- publication date is November 7, 2016, 30 days prior to that is October 8 2016. Today is October 8 2016

Keighley and Brooke, sitting in a tree, kissing. Wait, there were not trees. hmms.

Keighley is 23 and an accountant. Brooke is somewhere around the same age and a tattoo artist. Book is from POV of Keighley.

A week and on
Gaby LezReviewBooks
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review of Take me home by Lorelie Brown

This is the second novella in the Belladonna Ink series by Lorelie Brown. I've loved the first one and gave it a 5 star rating. This novella is a sweet romance written in first person from the point of view of Keighley, an accountant that decides to bring a "rent a date" to her family Thanksgiving dinner. The date in question is Brooke, a cute tattoo artist with a troubled past and reluctance to get involved in relationships. As the plot develops, their com
Ami
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ff-romance, arc-books
3.75 stars rounded up

I fell in love with Brown's writing when I read Far from Home so I decided to also give this one a try.

It's shorter than the previous book, clocked in around 30,000 words. In that sense, I felt this one was rushed in terms of the relationship progress. Plus I couldn't help it, I still squeaked when I read the sex scenes! There were pretty long scenes, considering that this was only a novella-length. I wasn't comfortable with some of the words used, and I guess I prefer read
Luce
M. Hollis
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
“There’s something about girls. About women. We’re amazing. Beautiful and special and different and something altogether made of miracles.”

This short novella is a funny and exciting story. I loved reading this. The smut is just the kind I love reading in books.

The only thing that made me confused was that there wasn't enough background about the main character. I don't know if maybe I couldn't understand because this is part of a series, tbh. But overall I really enjoyed and recommend just for
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: lesbian mcs

the fake dating is actually only used as a meet-cute so don't get too excited abt that. but the story is honestly so cute anyway!! i love reading abt lesbians figuring their shit out & being in love :>>>
Corrie
My only wish is that Lorelie Brown keeps writing more ff romances like these. They are fab!
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars! There is a lot to love about this book. The cute meet and first date is epic. The chemistry explosive.

The heroines are funny. However, the love story stalls and ends just when I think there should at least 6 more chapters. We need more.

I love that Brooke goes to the UU church for example. It would be great that after the I love yous we got to see them as a real couple and this was an aspect of the plot. Brooke is really closed off and we are in Kayleigh's head so I really needed more
Jessica Alcazar
As I like to do first when this happens .... #CoverWIN and #BlurbWIN :)

The minute I discovered this series I wanted to devour it from start to finish. I haven't had a chance to pick up Far From Home, but it is on deck.

These two ladies were a delight to read. The story is short but also packs a punch. It's sexy and witty and just a lot of fun. They felt very kismet to me and so opposite. It was fun to read them both getting what they least expected out of each other. However, the story shoul
Michele
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like this author. She is a talented writer for sure. I’m in total agreement with Kara’s review in that the first half the book was better than the second. But really a minor quibble because although the second act was a little more drama induced, the first half was so darn good, I wouldn’t dare move it out of the 4 star zone.
Rain
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
[ I requested/received a review copy from the publisher (via NetGalley) ]

I really liked Far from Home, the first book in the Belladonna Ink series (where the only connection, as far as I'm aware, is the tattoo parlor of the same name), and after reading this one, I can say I once again enjoyed the author's writing style, the characters, and the story itself, which held my attention from the beginning.

It's about 23-year-old Keighley, who's not really looking forward to her family's Thanksgiving d
Book Worm
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, f-f
Long drawn out - Well, first of all I must say, I couldn't put the book down, it kept me on the edge of my seat. But here, the buts come in. I loved the first book in the series, because it showed the inner workings of the anorexic MC. In that book the first person narrator didn't disturb me. Rachel seemed acute in her perceptions of Pari and so I fell in love with her like Rachel did.
I wasn't able to feel this here. Maybe it is because Brooke is so closed off and doesn't volunteer anything abou
Kennedy
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This read really packs a punch in about 30,000 words. I was enthralled with the premise of finding an interesting young lady and taking her to your parent's home for a holiday meal. Both Brooke and Keighley have issues surrounding relationships and commitment which makes the read interesting because I believe they are issues that many can relate to. Questions and intentions surface that challenge both women. Like the personalities of the dogs. Intense, believable, and sexy with enduring characte ...more
Natasha
SapphicAThon: Non coming out story

I have mixed feelings about this book. The fake dating aspect of it is minimal which was disappointing and it was too short. It needed more time to develop the characters and their relationship, instead it was just rushed. It was overall, just okay. Although, there was a joke that was really not okay. Brooke says she needs to have coffee before any sex because it would 'basically be r*pe". I was really not okay with that and it didn't even have to be in there.
Heinerway
Nice story. Cute romance. Not enough to write home about, but enough to keep me waiting for the next installment in this series.
Alex
I wish I could say I liked this, but I didn't really. I didn't like the main relationship and didn't feel attached to either of the women. It had two cute dogs, though.

note: This also has some pretty long sex scenes.
Joc
This is a short, entertaining read. I think there could have been more length to the Thanksgiving scene; there wasn't nearly enough horror from the fundamentalist aunt! There was a bit of everything in it and the characters, including Keighley's family, were surprisingly well-rounded for such a short read. I enjoyed it.
Dahlia
OMG YAY I found an f/f author whose writing style I adore. Please excuse me while I promptly buy book 1 in this series (jk I already bought it earlier today) and also all her future books. Yay for fun characters and sexiness and chemistry and humor and all the good things!!
XR
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was short, sweet and funny as. I liked Brooke and Keighley's shenanigans especially when it came to Bennett.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Leigh's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Take Me Home was a cute and touching story about a woman finding love when she was least expecting it and another giving love a chance when she was thought she wasn’t ready. It was sweet without being saccharine and I adored both these women and rooted for them to work out their issues.

The book itself is actually more of a novella, but what really stood out for me was that for such a short story, the feelings and romance didn’t feel
Arien
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not entirely sure what they love about each other besides the physical attraction but other than that it was a sweet, short story. Good enough for passing some time.
Netty
Boring run of the mill......
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #115 Take Me Home by Lorelie Brown 1 3 Oct 30, 2016 10:18AM

• Anyone But Her
  • The Woman in 3B
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • One More Night
  • To the Moon and Back
  • A Duke in Disguise (Regency Imposters, #2)
  • Forget Her Not
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Last Night
  • Good Girl Bad Girl
  • In Development
  • Full English
After a semi-nomadic childhood throughout California, Lorelie Brown spent high school in Orange County before joining the US Army. After traveling the world from South Korea to Italy, she’s settled north of Chicago. Because going from California warmth to northern snow seemed like the proper order of events...

Lorelie has three active sons and a tiny shih-tzu who thinks he’s son number three—not fo

Belladonna Ink (3 books)
  • Far from Home (Belladonna Ink, #1)
  • Her Hometown Girl (Belladonna Ink, #3)

News & Interviews

“You can’t ever really know a person if you don’t know what they need in the morning.” 0 likes