Start by marking “Duplicity” as Want to Read:
Duplicity

Duplicity

There are three sides to every story: Yours. Mine. And the truth…

Max and Alissa have a fairy tale life—newlywed, madly in love and enviously rich. Then Max is brutally stabbed to death at their home and Alissa, miraculously, escapes with her life. But why was she spared?

The hunt for the killer begins, uncovering a number of leads—was Max’s incredible wealth the motive? Had
Published December 27th 2016 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Duplicity, please sign up.
Jennifer Oslowski That is a tough one to answer as each book of hers that I have read are quite different. However if you enjoy psychological thrillers, I would highly…moreThat is a tough one to answer as each book of hers that I have read are quite different. However if you enjoy psychological thrillers, I would highly recommend this author. I have enjoyed all of her books and will be looking for all of her future books.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ed Ulmer
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Sibel Hodge has proven that she is worthy of hanging with the big dogs. Her writing is so versatile that she has me hooked with each book I read, even though they are each a bit different in sub-genre classification. While her last book I read, Untouchable, skimmed the brink of becoming horror fiction, Duplicity was more along the lines of a traditional psychological thriller. I love how easy it is to throw myself into one of her stories; I read this entire book in a single sitting w ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Sibel Hodge has done it again. She has written a superbly twisty thriller that I was unable to put down until I had read every last word of it.

Hodge turns everything you think you know upside down and shakes it about like a snow globe. Then as if this isn't enough - she takes the plot and turns it inside out for good measure . I am still reeling from this read. I am excited about this author.

If you haven't yet read any of Hodge's novels, you need to start. And if you start with this one, just re
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars Plus More

Sibel Hodge is a new author to me. After I finished this book I had to
look to see what other books she has written because this book was so good. I can't wait to read the book Look Behind You. It will be a Christmas present to myself.

Starting out reading the book it detailed the perfect world of Alissa and Max. Alissa is a barbie doll and lives the life like a princess. Her and Max live the life as a fairy tale. They are both in love with each other and are so happy. They get
Frances
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Detective Sergeant Carter is extremely unhappy believing she should have been elevated to ‘Acting’ Detective Inspector, not the pompous twat Richard Wilmott. Constantly at each other’s throats with threats of demotion for Carter, it’s evident in this division only one will survive. When a murder has been discovered in a posh Georgian mansion, they must try to make amends without much hope of doing so. DS Carter is suspicious of everyone and looks at all suspects along with the young wife who inh ...more
Dem
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
A well written thriller with lots of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.

I enjoyed my first novel by Sibelius Hodge as it was an easy and yet engaging read.

"Max and Alissa have the perfect life, newlywed, in love and enviously rich. Then Max is brutally stabbed to death at their home and Alissa, miraculously, escapes with her life. But why was she spared?

A suspenseful thriller with interesting and complex characters and a plot full of twists and turns to keep the reader engag
Carol
NICE surprise winning DUPLICITY in a Goodread's giveaway, and speaking of surprises, DUPLICITY serves up a few mindblowers of its own along the way.

It begins with alternating two stories....a struggle within an abusive family with a nasty father figure and inattentive mother...."Give me an animal over a human any day"...and a multi-layered (you're not going to believe where this takes you) procedural murder-mystery to solve that drew me in with a variety of interesting characters and a plot that

Meredith
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is one twisted read!

When Alissa Burbeck’s millionaire husband of one month, Max, is murdered in his home office, no one views his new wife as a suspect—Alissa’s not only model beautiful, sweet as can be, and extremely in love with her husband; she wouldn’t have hurt a fly. Everything about Max’s supposed murderer comes together too neatly. Blinded by Alissa’s beauty, the police overlook all that doesn’t add up. The only one who believes that there is more to the story of Max’s murder is DS
Sue
DUPLICITY by award winning and international bestselling author, Sibel Hodge, never ceases to amaze us with her new forthcoming suspenseful thriller from the bestselling author of “Look Behind You” and “Where the Memories Lie”. Duplicity will be out on 27th Dec and is available for pre-order at the moment on Amazon. I was fortunate enough to be provided with an ARC of her new novel.

“An intruder broke into a house and stabbed one of the occupants to death.”

The deceased is the owner of the house,
Linda
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Duplicity through NetGalley for an honest review. My thanks to Thomas & Mercer and to Sibel Hodge for the opportunity.

"They were trapped. They were scared. They were in pain. Just like me."

Alissa and Max seem to have found perfection in one another. They are married with the backdrop of the shores of an Australian beach and a blissful honeymoon. Upon arriving back in the UK, they hold a small reception for friends at Max's palacial home. Life just seems to be opening a m
Lisa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sibel Hodge is now my favourite author of Psychological fiction every book I have read has been a joy to read she involves the reader from the start & once your in you just cannot stop, again the characters were well put together but again flawed which makes it enjoyable for me as a reader.

Max & Alissa Burbeck were a perfect couple sort of like a Ken & Barbie Alissa was beautiful was writing her first novel & was married to a perfect man, virtually had the perfect life until Max
Karen
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good book about the murder of a wealthy, newly married young man. There are many characters who could have committed this crime. Every time that I thought I had it figured out, some new facts would emerge. The ending was a real surprise!!

Thank you to Netgalley, Thomas & Mercer, and the author Sibel Hodge, for the copy of this book.
Melisa
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've got me a case of whiplash from all the twists and turns in this book!

I can't say I've met such a twisty thriller since I read I Let You Go. High, high praise as that book threw me completely. There is something so grand as a thriller reader to think you're headed in one direction and then...BAM, everything you thought was true was WRONG. It's like, in your face, reader! Gotcha!

Don't want to get too spoilery, so I'll stay away from plot points. Basically, we have a murder that's being invest
Ann Marie (Lit·Wit·Wine·Dine)
Read all my reviews at Lit.Wit.Wine.Dine.

From the outside, Max and Alissa seem to have the perfect marriage. They should. They're filthy rich and have only been married for two months... But everything is not always as it seems. Or is it?

Duplicity is a clever and well-paced story of murder and mayhem. I was kept in suspense from the very first page where we are introduced to The Other One. At first, all we know about the other one is that he/she is obviously a psychopath, a (favorite and) neces
Kylie D
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good thriller, easy to read and fairly quick paced. It sees Alissa escape a killer after he has murdered her husband, Max, in their home. She escapes out of the bathroom window and runs naked to her neighbours place. The investigation throws up a few suspects, including an ex-come-stalker and a few disgruntled business customers of Max's dodgy business practices. It seemed like a formula police procedure book, investigator DS Carter knows who the killer is, but is having trouble proving it, no ...more
Bill Kupersmith
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tho' I'd not enjoyed Duplicity as much as the previous three of Sibel Hodge's books I've read, I think readers will enjoy it for a clever and well worked out plot and a lot of suspense.

Apparently there is a course in interviewing @ the police college that teaches how to bully innocent suspects into confessing by disguising abusive accusations as questions. In Duplicity the oafish Acting Detective Inspector Richard Wilmott obviously mastered that module: he specialises in transformational grammar
sue
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sibel Hodge has been my fast growing one of my favorite authors from the first book I ever read by her.

She is an author that you sit patiently awaiting her next book.
No matter what, you just know you are in for a great time.

This would make for an awesome movie.

It's told from two different angles from the heading of the chapter.

When I saw The One heading on the chapters it was engrossing to get into the head of the person whose thoughts, life and viewpoints you were reading. Chilling and dark.

A
Chloe
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Duplicity by Sibel Hodge is an intriguing psychological suspense thriller. This is my first book by Sibel Hodge and I cannot wait to read more books by her as this was a great twisty read .

Alissa and Max Burbeck have a perfect fairytale marriage. The newlyweds are madly in love with each other and after their honeymoon hold a reception for a few of their friends. But Alissa’s happiness does not last too long as soon after Max is killed in his home office and Alissa barely escapes the intruder wi
Mary
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Dear Reader,

This is a very clever,masterfully plotted story centred around the murder of rich developer, Max B. Recently married to Alissa,they seemed to live an ideal life,so the motive for this senseless act mystifies police.

DS Carter,tasked with solving the case,has his own theories that unfortunately prove unpopular with his Senior Investigating Officer,thus seeing them soon at loggerheads.

But,all is not as it first appears!

Privy to the different voices in this story,an intricate web of d
Lee
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alissa and Max Burbeck seem to have it all, a wonderful life and marriage, that is until Alissa finds her husband dead which she discovers when she finishes her bath and goes looking for him. Loud music is coming from the room and Alissa sees a man in a balaclava and gloves. Terrified Alissa escapes through the bathroom window and runs to her neighbour's house, she is in shock and is taken to hospital. This is a very clever story with a great plot that kept me guessing throughout. So what is rea ...more
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Now this is what you call a psychological thriller!

It’s so hard to say to much about this novel without giving to much away, so will try my best.

When Max is murdered, I felt really sorry for Alissa. Recently married and widowed weeks after is something that shouldn’t happen to anyone. Trying to work out why Max was targeted makes hard work for the police as there is quite a few avenues to go down and investigate.

DS Carter in particular has even more of an interest in this case. He is slightly so
Rebecca Carter
Duplicity is a fantastic mind blowing psychological thriller. It's my first Sibel Hodge book, however if her other offerings her as good as this one, I'll be checking out her other books pronto.

It's most definitely one of those thrillers you should go into blind. It's too easy to give something away to any potential readers and thus spoiling the experience. Believe me though, this is a hell of a twisty story.

The basic premise is Max and Alissa have the life most people can only dream about. De
Judy Collins
Sibel Hodge returns following (2016) Untouchable and (2015) Where Memories Lie (both 5 Stars), with her latest, DUPLICITY, a twisty suspense with more twists, turns, and suspects than you can count.

“Love is both a blessing and a curse. Love could destroy you. If you let it. But maybe the biggest curse was not losing your love, but never being loved at all by the one who stole your heart.”

The book definitely lives up, to its title name:

Du·plic·i·ty: “Deceitfulness in speech or conduct, as
Amy
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

Is there anything more exciting than discovering a new to you author that you really enjoy? Not to me there isn’t! Immediately after I finished Duplicity I rushed to Goodreads to see if Hodge had any other books and I was so thrilled to see she has others with outstanding ratings from some of my most trusted friends. Now to find the time to actually read them…

I was hooked by this one right away, there are two viewpoints, the Detective and the
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
For more of my reviews, follow my blog at https://theblondelikesbooks.wordpress...

Newleyweds Max and Alissa live a happy life together, until one night Max is murdered and Alissa narrowly escapes. Duplicity switches point of views between "The Other One" and "The Detective" as the search for Max's killer begins. It's not uncovered until later in the story how the two relate to each other. There are a number of characters who have motive to kill Max, and it's up to Detective Inspector Warren Cart
Tulay
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

It was just okay read at first, almost stopped. Thinking how they are going to prove what we know kept me listening. Last couple chapters will make your heart beat faster. What a shocking ending.
Vicki Willis
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in a give away from GoodReads.
It was a psychological thriller with lots of twists and turns. There were a few that had me rereading to make sure I read it right! It was fast paced with an alternating POV. Worth the time to read!
Zannie (darktwistybooks)
Duplicity is my first book by Sibel Hodge, and what an excellent choice I made if I don’t say so myself.

Max and Alyssa are newlyweds, when just a month after their wedding, someone kills Max in their home. Alyssa escapes by way of the bathroom window and runs to her neighbor's house nekkid and afraid.

Intertwined with Max and Alyssa's plot is a story about the "other one." A girl who has grown up on a farm with an abusive father and a submissive mother.

A little bit of cringe.

If animal abuse is a
Melissa Borsey
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I thought this was a very interesting, well written mystery and then the first twist came into play and the story became even more interesting and THEN.......you've got to read this one! I look forward to reading more books by this author.
The Book Review Café
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year I read Untouchable by Sibel Hodge, and it’s a book that sits very comfortable on my top reads of 2016 pile, so I have been eagerly anticipating the authors latest book. The first thing I have to say about Duplicity is very different to her last book, it’s no where near as gritty or as dark, and call me warped if you like but these are the books I seem to really enjoy. Don’t get me wrong Duplicity is an engaging and intriguing read, it’s just feels very different to the authors ...more
Kim Ebner
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Please visit my blog at: www.thebuzzingbookmark.com

Oh. My. Word. This was a great psychological thriller (with elements of being a police procedural) and it blew my socks off. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I loved the alternating chapters between the current situation, being Max's murder and the chapters dealing with "The Other One", an unnamed child who's suffering incredible abuse and living a horrible life. I knew that the chapters must relate to each other somehow but this really di
  • Beyond The Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #9)
  • Forest Gate
  • The Silver Locket
  • Order of Darkness Volumes I-III: Changeling; Stormbringers; Fools' Gold
  • Kiss Me If You Dare (Patricia Amble, #3)
  • The Robber Bridegroom
  • The Girl on the Swing
  • Sugar & Spice
  • Calder Witch Box Set (Paranormal Vampire Romance): Books 1-4
  • Pathological
  • Curfew
  • Name and Number
  • Roseflower Creek
  • Prime Cut (Cato Kwong, #1)
  • AVENGED
  • An African Affair
  • Prophecy
  • Øjesten (Lars Winkler #1)

Sibel Hodge is the author of the #1 Bestsellers Look Behind You, Untouchable, and Duplicity. Her books have sold over one million copies and are international bestsellers in the UK, USA, Australia, France, Canada and Germany. She writes in an eclectic mix of genres, and is a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the H