Start by marking “Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  3,044 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
Why do so many women accept the myth that men are better at investing? RICH WOMAN - which was self-published by The Rich Dad Company addresses this self-sabotaging habit head on and teaches women the essentials about finance. Key sections include:

The First Four Keys to Being a Successful Investor - Arm yourself with some financial education, start small, put a little mone
Published April 10th 2006 by Rich Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Rich Woman, please sign up.
R I guess no. It must be available for download from Amazon's kindle store. Sometimes some books go on discount there, but it's not free.

Krista
Jun 25, 2007 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, she wrote it as if she was talking to and teaching a group of friends about how they can take control of their financial life. She doesn't like that there are woman out there that don't know how to do anything with money other than balance a checkbook! She wants woman to be more aware of the world and how they take care of themselves and their families through learning about investing. It isn't a "how to" book, more of a book to increase awareness.
Nathanael
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
A review for the men: If your wife/girlfriend is reading this, you'd do well to read it too. Money is a team sport, and it's important to know where your partner's going with it.

Of course, if you're more inclined to see love as a battlefield, well then, forewarned is forearmed. ;)
Natasia Angel
Jun 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Even though I'm not a woman yet, I really like this book and the idea of being financially independent..
And I think women have been underestimated for hundreds of years.. Society thinks that women cannot understand finance and money.. But the truth is women can do anything they want..
Allison
Jul 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
If you want to be an independent woman who can take care of her own finances with or without a man, read this book. I didn't know the first thing about investment options or jargon before I picked this up. I still can't say I know much jargon, but I do know that there are smart ways for me to handle my money and investments that even I could handle.

The only negative thing I have to say about this book is the format was a little too "women getting together to have coffee and chit chat." I underst
Tiffany
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Don't make fun of me! I have decided to learn about the world of investing. Kind of a cheesy read, but a good one to start on.
This book was VERY cheesy... VERY. But, I had to start somewhere and get a little terminology going I guess. On to a better on.
Catherine
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kim makes an excellent case for the dire need for women to be financially independent and the (U.S) statistics (and sympathetic worldwide trends) to back up her case are startling:
-50% of marriages end in divorce. (The #1 thing couples fight about is money.)
-In the first year after divorce a woman's standard of living drops an average of 73%.
-Of the elderly living in poverty, 3 out of 4 are women, yet 80% of these women were not poor when their husbands were alive.
-90% OF ALL WOMEN WILL BE SOLEL
Helga Soenimanggar
Aug 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
every women must have this book in their hand. i'm serious. really good book to change our mind set. we can be independent grl and free financially from man!!! because we must preparing pr self for the worse condition and if we can earn our money and have our own money so we don't have count on man for this financial trouble anymore. read this and you will know what i'm talking about preparing for the worse!!!
Catherine Flynn
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed and loved this book. Purchased at a thrift storen and worth more than I paid for. I love how she motivates women to not follow the usual people were taught about money. She gave so many insights and push to do better. every page makes me excited to pursue financial freedom! I should have it read long time ago! Though I love the book and as much I get excited for all the things she taught and the story of her life and her friends, it would be nicer to cite companies base from her experi ...more
Krystal
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: rich-dad
I liked Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki more. She references his book a lot and should be read in conjunction. The book reads more like a story than a how-to where she is meeting up with her girlfriends over multiple lunch dates to talk about building your own wealth indepedent of your spouse/significant other. Most of her advice revolves around buying real estate and making your money that way. I don't know anything about owning rental properties or businesses, so I didn't find it very he ...more
Dawn
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Audio version. Listening on long commutes is helping me learn more about finance. This was very story driven. Very heavy on real estate investing, but lots of good tips throughout.
Charo Moreno
Mi primera #reseña la escribo tras leer “Mujer millonaria. Guía financiera para la mujer” de Kim Kiyosaki @therealkimkiyosaki, socia y esposa de Robert Kiyosaki @therealkiyosaki, autor del #bestseller “Padre rico, padre pobre” (aún por leer). A Robert lo conocí a través de los #podcast 🎙 de @josemiguelgarcia_ de #EmprendedoresDigitales (Episodio 67). Muy recomendable 👍🏻

Hay dos motivos por los cuales he leído a Kim antes que a Robert. La primera es porque @falcaide76 me regaló este libro y toda r
Jen Catembung
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I took a course in Singapore about finance and I’d say every tiny detail Kim has stated in this book is definitely worth taking notes on. Read this a couple of years back but it was only now that somehow the message sank in deeper. She’s right when she said - the time is now! Be financially literate. I’m still in the process and I’m still learning, having fun learning. A must read dear ladies. Be smarter.
Kayla Hollatz
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were a few times it physically hurt to read certain passages because of the poor grammar and lack of punctuation (quite common for their line of books), but it was an easy read and I took away a few good notes from it. There was a lot of material from the Rich Dad Poor Dad book, but it was a good refresher. Rounding my 3.5 stars to 4.
Sage
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
A strong 3.5. A quick, easy read. It's not a how to book, it's more about inspiring you to start investing and taking control of your life. You would then have to explore other resources to work out how. Some parts did make me a little uncomfortable I felt like she was running men down in order to build women up.
Dilena Lezpin
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creo que la forma como Kim describe la forma como algunas mujeres se sienten al dinero es completamente atinado. Ella aborda todas esas situaciones en que las mujeres sienten indiferencia en conocimientos del dinero, aburrimiento e incluso intimidación. Me gusto mucho como ella hace énfasis en la facilidad con que nosotras tenemos el poder de controlar este aspecto de nuestra vida también.
Naggita Keziah
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book and it's approach to advising women to take control of their finances.
I wrote a summary of the book here.
Libby Mitchell
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good basic book told in story form about how woman sabotage their own investment efforts.
Lia Elzebir Lezcano
Una perspectiva diferente como vemos el dinero.
Heli Malm
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read. A lot of great thoughts to pick up. Book went super fast. I almost swallowed it :) it is written in a very relatable way, the points are given on by dialogue between girlfriends.
An Thai
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to find a way to help and support my sister. I think every woman should read this
Ben Phạm
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rich woman
Nấm Nấm
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
She wants woman to be more aware of the world and how they take care of themselves and their families through learning investing.
Linda Hill
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kim is wonderful. I've met her in person and I would listen to her wisdom all day every day. DO yourself a favor and read this.
Janna
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book to read in order to learn about money.
Debbie
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to make better choices with my money and to one day no longer have to rely on working for someone else to make money. Fortunately I am currently working part-time in a library and was able to browse their section on audio books since I now spend more time driving around. I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Kim’s husband years ago but never realized his wife had also written a book. This book has truly motivated me even more so to make changes in my life.

The book is
Kay
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: EVERYONE.
Shelves: finished-in-2010
This book was MINDBLOWING. I squealed through more than half of this book, felt revolutionized, and felt a very strong momentum that could be a reality high.

I am putting what I learned from this book to great use. I recommend this book to anyone, even men and teenagers. This book is for you if you want total financial independence and you hate being told what to do.

I know others have said it's basically the same information as in Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I know there are some grammar mistakes and spe
Nga
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring book! Really enjoyed it!
Heather
Jan 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Here's some statistics that I thought were startling (at least the last two), they're from the back cover.

47% of women over the age of 50 are single.

50% of marriages end ind in divorce.

In the first year after a divorce a woman's standard of living drops an average of 73%.

Of the elderly living in poverty 3 out of 4 are women - and 80% of them were not poor when their husbands were alive.

Nearly 7 out of 10 women will at some time live in poverty.

I had many people recommend this book to me. Honestl
Alexa
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
A pretty good guide to how to start investing and why it's so important to do so, targeted to women but the advice is good for anyone. This was recommended by an instructor for a course I took. The one issue I had with it is that I felt like it talks down to the reader a lot, especially the part about comparing investments to types of men. I thought that was really stupid, and that the point could have been made without such a reductive metaphor, but other than that, the book had a lot of great ...more
Cass
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been so encouraged by this book. I have 8 books coming to me from my library on investing! Too many women are finding years of poverty instead of golden years. I read it was about, 80%!? And most were not prepared, having spent years in comfort. Bottom line: don't rely on your husband, your boss, or the government to dictate how you will live your life. Also, you do not need $ to make $. Huh! What an open door that presents! I'm seeing visions of not having to be dependent, that cliff to ...more
Mansfield Public ...: Rich Woman Review by Dr. Valorie Ursin 1 2 Jul 17, 2013 10:53AM
  • Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming...and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
“Words are powerful instruments. Handle them and your understanding level of new information will grow in a spectacular way.” 1 likes
“If fear can prevent us from potential vital danger, it can also be lethal – kills our dreams, chances, personal development and passion, prevent us from living our life at maximum.” 1 likes