Start by marking “Station Alpha (Soldiering On #1)” as Want to Read:
Station Alpha (Soldiering On #1)

Station Alpha

(Soldiering On #1)

A single phone call shatters her life...

Christine Ramirez’s phone rings in the dead of night. A man’s voice - unfamiliar and urgent - tells her to run.

She flees, but deadly, unknown assailants pursue her through the night. Her only saviour is the gruff stranger on the other end of the line.

Paul has a secret. He’s been watching her - maybe a little more than the assignmen
ebook
Published August 5th 2016 by Aislinn Kearns

To ask other readers questions about Station Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Station Alpha

Alexis
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has one of the best opening chapters I've ever read in a romance novel; it was action-packed, original and just top notch really. The author drops the reader in the middle of an exciting scene: our heroine is awakened by a call in the middle of the night telling her that she needs to get out of her house because she's in danger. What follows is a thrilling escape. I don't think the subsequent chapters were AS great. Don't get me wrong - they were good, very well written but I found mys ...more
Carole P. Roman
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ainlinn Kearns starts her book with a thrilling chase leading to a total surprise. Christine Ramirez is awakened with a warning call that she is about to be killed. The voice directs her through a hair raising escape where she will eventually meet the person who saved her life. Paul is ex-military who has taken a job with a security company. Together they will try to unravel the mystery of who is trying to kill her.Not your run of the mill romance, Kearns' hero Paul is not what Christina was exp ...more
Bea
This was recced to me on Twitter by a couple of people and I'm so glad I picked it up. It has an explosive start that drew me right in. The story moved quickly but believably. The romance was more of a slow burn yet still moved along quickly. I loved the respect and care that Paul and Christine had for and with each other. The secondary characters were also engaging and I can hardly wait to read their stories.
Maria
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Analysing "Station Alpha" from the reading pleasure perspective, the book was awesome. I can’t remember enjoying so much reading a story, just for the fun of reading it and getting to know the characters. This book started very high – what a memorable entrance! - and ended with the same rating.
The characters are one of the strongest point of the book. Aislinn Kearns does wonders with characterization; in my mind’s eye I have an image of how these people look like, what they feel, who they are.
Amanda Siegrist
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Soldiering On (Soldiering On #0.5) first, and I'm so glad I did. It gave me such great insight into the characters in this book. This book mostly features Paul and Christine, but you do get snippets of other people and I already knew the background on them, so it made the story that much more enjoyable. I do highly recommend you read the prequel first just for that reason. I really adored Paul, gruffness and all. He was a great guy, even as closed off as he was. Christine was his perfect ...more
Mandi Schreiner
I think the heroine could have been a little more disturbed by the violent attacks on her life - but otherwise fun suspense and a nice romance

Review to come
Annie
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read

This is an great, fast paced adventure full of intrigue and suspense, romance and love, overcoming adversity and moving past physical disabilities. The characters are achingly charming and it is easy to get caught up in their story as they discover their affection for one another. It is beautifully written with witty, humous and authentic dialogue that draws both smiles and gasps. A wonderful book and highly recommended.
Eleanore June
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It really started off with an exciting bang. Paul is a wonderful hero and I loved reading his story. Plus his SCI was handled well, with enough little details you could tell the author had done her research.

Well written with a nice mix of excitement, mystery, sweetness, and romance.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

(Also I love the cover. The way he is looking up at her is so damn sexy.)
CB Loves Books
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. In the opening chapter, the reader is thrown into a late night raid of Christine's house. She has no idea why people with guns are after her - only that a man on the other end of her phone is trying to save her life.

So the book proceeds to follow through Christine's new life in hiding, giving her perspective along with that of the man who saved her. The pair try to solve the mystery of her attack.

I think if this book had remained a myste
Erin McCoy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicely intriguing storyline, sweet couple

After reading the prequel to the series, Paul was one of the characters I most wanted to learn about. I was happy to see him get his HEA, and especially that his is the first in the series. It's rare to read about the H in a romance being in a wheelchair, and it was great to read a book that wasn't your stereotyped bad boy/alpha/billionaire/pro-athlete story, but one with characters that have faced real challenges. He and Christine were both very
S. R. Lewis
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I enjoyed this book. The characters are tough and loyal with depth. The intrigue and the developing romance were very enjoyable. I will definitely read more by this author.
Val Woolley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed read this book went on to read the rest of the series all individual stories with the same people mentioned through the books
Marilyn
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

this story brings the way disabled veterans can find a job after one of their own started a sericerty company.
Sue Wood
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read
Shannon
I wanted to read this because of the disabled hero. He was pretty awesome, but the book and I didn't have very good chemistry. After the first scene of suspense, they mostly do a lot of talking, and they're... fine. I could buy the romance, but ultimately it was pretty forgettable. Also, there is sequel-baiting so obvious you can see it from space.

I haven't decided whether I'll try the next one yet.
Miriam
rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2016
Jun 17, 2018
TaniLu
Nov 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Crazy in Love (Matt & Anna, #1)
  • Hart of His (Cale & Mickey #2)
  • Ugly Girl Ties the Knot (Ugly Girl Series #2)
  • Live For This
  • The Write Man for Her
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)
  • Broken (1Night Stand, #100)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Crossing Hearts (Atlanta Skyline, #1)
  • Stolen Series Box Set (Stolen, #1-3)
  • Montana SEAL Undercover Daddy (Brotherhood Protectors Book 9)
  • Unfinished Business
  • Facing Fire (Bad Boys Undercover, #3)
  • Community Service
  • Love is Blind (Love is #1)
  • Discover Love (Saints Protection & Investigations, #9)
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)
  • Kirkland (Gray Wolf Security #4)
Wounded Heroes. Action Movies. Happily Ever Afters.

These are a few of Aislinn’s favourite things, and you’ll find all of the above in her writing. Whether it’s the Soldiering On series – about wounded military veterans starting a security company together and finding love along the way - or her series about underground fighters.

If she’s not reading romance novels or watching action movies, you’ll

Soldiering On (6 books)
  • Guarding Sierra (Soldiering On #2)
  • Dangerous Victor (Soldiering On #3)
  • Hotel Hideaway (Soldiering On #4)
  • Whiskey-Eyed Woman: (Soldiering On #5)
  • On the Move (Soldiering On #6)