Start by marking “Ice in His Veins” as Want to Read:
Ice in His Veins

Ice in His Veins

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
No way would Eden agree to his demands

Jason Earle had no right to make demands, much less insist that she go to England to see David Morton, her grandfather. After all, the old man had ignored Eden for years.

True, Jason, his emissary, was breathtakingly handsome and a media magnate, as well. But that didn't give him power over Eden.

Yet she did go. The shock of her grandfat
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #437, 191 pages
Published June 1981 by Harlequin Books (first published March 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Ice in His Veins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice in His Veins

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Nothing new by way of the plot but I like/can forgive an assured alpha H who starts behaving in an uncharacteristically desperate way!

This book had some a-hole moments by the H, much annoying grating behavior from the h, om-ow galore with the consequent drama but the smitten-ness of the (ladykiller!) H overcame all that for me, although what he saw in her that he dint in his legion of others remains unanswered.

Heap load of sec characters (dead and alive) helped fill the narrative!
Giovanni
Got a CM marathon today. Got many 3/4 stars for them. That's weird.
I think I'm in the right mood for a bitchy-ridiculously-young-heroine and a lot of age differences today :))

But nothing beat the old HQs' heroes, doesn't it?
Pamela Shropshire
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eden Shaw is a 20-year-old virgin, which wouldn't have been so unusual in 1981. Her mother and father divorced when she was 3 and her mother remarried. She considers him her real dad.

She receives a visit from a man, Jason Earle, who knows her biological grandfather, David Morton. David has a heart condition and isn't expected to live long; he wants to see Eden before he dies.

Eden takes an immediate dislike to Jason Earle, who, in his 30s, is mature and sophisticated, whereas Eden is very young,
Booked
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
No way would Eden agree to his demands

Yet she did go. The shock of her grandfather's death marred her arrival and removed him from her life. It also bound her irrevocably to the devastating Jason.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Ok. Sure. This could happen...maybe. 16 year age difference, no problem. Former other woman now wanna be other woman to dad's widow? Sure thing.
Ashima
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.!!
Jenny
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
The heroine was silly and immature almost childish and all the characters minus the hero were bipolar. But still it was very entertaining!
Annarose
Feb 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was a total disappointment in more ways than one. Silly story, silly writing style and silly everything actually! Nothing is there to please any apt reader. It seems Carole Motimer wrote while she was totally bored! NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SANE PEOPLE!
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
May 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
I do not approve of physical abuse and this is the third Mortimer book I've read where the heroine is struck for telling the truth. There is quite a bit of violence that is trivialised. It disgusts me.
Fre06 Begum
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Really liked this one!
Edwina Callan
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2007
Sweet little romance novel.
The kind I like when I want a quick, light read and a break from the more intense books that I usually read.
**Sognatrice di libri**
Lettura molto scorrevole e poco impegnativa: carino.
D W Morgan
Apr 14, 2017
Kimngan Tran
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2013
Dec 12, 2012
Sara
Mar 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...