Start by marking “Deadly Intent (Linked Inc. #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Intent (Linked Inc. #1)

(Linked Inc. #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  223 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Psychic medium Quinn Thatcher would never be classified as normal. Just ask her mother. Her people-pleasing skills could use some work, which is why Quinn prefers working with the dead over the living. Ghosts take her as she is, but when people experience Quinn’s sharp tongue and sassy attitude, there is no in between. They either love her or want to throw her off the near ...more
Published August 14th 2016 by Coastal Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Intent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Intent

Daisy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Intent is the first book in the Linked Inc. series and you are introduced to the Thatcher sisters. This book was really fun to read and I really enjoyed getting to meet Quinn Thatcher. It was so funny that I didn’t want to put it down. I can’t wait to see what happens next with the next Thatcher sister.
Krystyna
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cursed emerald is returned home - will the curse now step forward.

A great fast paced read. Five sisters all with different psychic gifts. Quinn sees ghosts and to get rid of the Scottish ghost that is making her life miserable she agrees to go to Scotland and return a stolen emerald. The only problem is, the emerald is cursed and her visit to return it has already been foretold. Add in arson, attempted murder and two Scottish hunks with one feisty, short temper female to get a terrific read.
Whitney
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been provided with a copy of Deadly Intent by the author for an impartial review. This is the first book in the Linked Inc. series and the first book that I’ve read by this author and what a way to start off. I absolutely loved this book and author. It was hilarious and it totally shocked me by the end I thought I knew what was going on boy was I wrong. It was such an easy and short read that just had me wanting more. I can’t wait to read the next one in the series.
Tia
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Quinn is spicy, saucy, and able to take care of herself. She returns a special relic back to Scotland and finds herself in the middle of a family curse. As she becomes a target, she saves and is saved by the clan's Laird.
An excellent read with smart, salty characters.
Michelle A. Nash
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Deadly Intent

A determined Scot + a woman who's not = a story rather hot. Psychic Medium Quinn plans a quick trip to Scotland to return a missing gem to the Menzie family but experiences a delay that allows her to delve into an old prophesy. PG rated language, mystery, and humor combine to make for a sweet story most cozy readers will enjoy.
Lea
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and it will definitely not be the last. What a way to start a series I absolutely fell in love with these sisters they just had me from the get go. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Peggy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked the book

I liked the book and even though I figured out early who was the bad guy but I thought somebody else was the accomplice. I thought the ghosts would have a bigger part in the story. I'm glad it ended the way it did.
Amy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Deadly Intent

It is a quick and easy read. There is a slight mystery, but nothing that can't be figured out. If you want a light, fluffy read to help ease you from a book hangover, I would recommend this. If you want a book with substance, this is not your book.
Robyne S. Samuels
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute & Funny

I read for enjoyment not to critique the writing style. A good read I couldn't put down till I finished. Will read the other stories in this series about the other sisters.
Deborah Yunevich
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was thoroughly enjoyable. A take no prisoners psychic flies to Scotland to return a missing emerald which had caused a feud. Her time there is filled with intrigue and love. I look forward to reading more about Quinn's sisters.
Jodi
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Loved this fresh and funny book. A sassy psychic and a hot highlander make for a very good time. I will be reading more by this author for sure.
Melissa
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly

Great book. Mysterious, sexy and very funny. Loved the plot and the characters. I don't know how I discovered this author but I am glad I did.
Teri Southerland
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

Nice characters. Easy quick paced read. Loved reading with a Scottish accent. I can't wait to read more on the other sisters.
Janet
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
very good
Sherry McWilliams
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ADORABLE! Received a free copy for a review. I loved this story, even with the sex scenes. Leaves you feeling good with s smile on your lips. Planning to read more of Kate's books.
Jo
May 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Snarky can come across as annoying instead of funny, and in this case it just grated on my nerves. A DNF.
charmaine White
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I loved this one and have already gotten the next two in the series.Romance ,suspense and thrills,with a whole lot of laughter.
Julie Rose
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to get into and kept my interest as far as I did not guess who done it, like I usually can.
Jana Gundy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much awesomeness!

I'm a huge fan of this author and I love the start of the new series. Quinn is such a wonderful character, full of spunk and wit. She doesn't swoon and drool over the hot guy and still has a brain when she's around him which is refreshing. I did love the banter between the two the mystery involved.
Samantha Hopkins
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a funny and quirky novella! I loved it and spent the last six hours reading cover to cover. I am a big fan of the 'Bennett Sisters' books as well as the Phantom series and extremely pleased there is a new series to start. Thank God the second book Psychic Link has been delivered to my kindle!

Quin Thatcher is a medium when she is made to return a stolen item back to a small scottish town and into the hands of the ancestors. What she thought would be a simple task turns into something a lot
Beth
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!

Not many new series start with international intrigue, mock highlander sword reenactment on horseback in kilts commando style, a cursed emerald, and a snarky millionaire medium. This book had me at the first paragraph and I could not read fast enough when I hit the opera singing ghost (okay, maybe not singing but he attempted to...badly). I can't wait to see if the rest of this series lives up to the beginning. The Linked Inc. series looks to be one that's worth following..thanks.
Stephen Walton
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really interesting story told at a good pace . Very enjoyable with a feisty heroine by the name of Quinn. A couple of little twists in the story brought an interesting ending although I thought the action , especially romantic action got a litre frenetic towards the end. Very happy ending for the romantic genre . Well worth having a read
Ukgardenfiend
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
The girl to whom all ghosts talk goes to Scotland at the insistence of her personal ghost who stays in her house with her.

She goes to return a lost jewel and gets involved in an old family feud; is resented by a jealous would-be girlfriend; finds skulduggery at the castle; and finds outs what a true Scotsman wears under his kilt!

A fun read with lots of content.
Debra
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Deadly Intent is the first book in Kate Allenton's new Linked Inc. series. It is a Paranormal romantic suspense novel. It is filled with suspense, romance, and witty humor. If you have not read one of Ms Allenton's books before, give this book a try. You won't regret it!
Cindy
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
🌟🌟🌟🌟
Quinn is one of the best heroines I've read lately. She's not a simpering damsel in distress, but a no nonsense, take charge, kick butt woman. Her snarky comments are impressive, but she's not hard or a man hater. Simply put; I'd like to be her friend.
Sue
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Series

Oh my Kate has done it again. The best first book of a new series. This is about a group of psychic sisters and the first was fast non stop start to finish. Getting book two now can't wait.
Teresa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Intent

Can I just say I love hot men in kilts and there are a few in this book. This is a great read. I enjoyed the characters and storyline. Can't wait to read more about the sister's.
Michele bookloverforever
I really enjoyed it....ghosts, mediums, theft, betrayal, attempted murder....and a HEA...
Loriidae
Feb 22, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
Constant overuse of the Scottish brogue
Lisa
Apr 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Kate has lived in Florida for most of her entire life. She enjoys a quiet life with her husband, Michael and two kids.

Kate has pulled all-nighters finishing her favorite books and also writing them. She says she'll sleep when she's dead or when her muse stops singing off key.

She loves creating worlds full of suspense, secrets, hunky men, kick ass heroines, steamy sex and oh yeah the love of a life

Linked Inc. (5 books)
  • Psychic Link (Linked Inc. #2)
  • Psychic Charm (Linked Inc. Book 3)
  • Psychic Games (Linked Inc. Book 4)
  • Deadly Dreams (Linked Inc. #5)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99