Start by marking “AgeProof: How to Live Longer Without Breaking a Hip, Running Out of Money, or Forgetting Where You Put It--The 8 Secrets” as Want to Read:

Two of the world's leading experts explain the vital link between health and wealth that could add years to your life and dollars to your retirement savings.

All the money in the world doesn't mean a thing if we can't get out of bed. And the healthiest body in the world won't stay that way if we're frazzled about five figures worth of debt. TODAY Show financial expert
Published March 14th 2017 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about AgeProof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AgeProof

Start your review of AgeProof: How to Live Longer Without Breaking a Hip, Running Out of Money, or Forgetting Where You Put It--The 8 Secrets
Nancy
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, finance
Lots of good advice. The book makes the case that paying attention to both your health and your "wealth" (money issues) can make for

Interesting take-aways:
*grip test description and how to improve one's grip (p. 18). Who knew how important grip strength was to longevity and health?

*having a trusted "team" in place is important as one gets older and needs more assistance with health and wealth issues.

*the section on a healthy home that can promote healthy living (stocking good foods in kitchen,
Janel
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great overview of how to "age proof" your finances and health. Most of the financial advice I am already doing but would be great for someone to read early in their career. Alot of their advice, I got from my parents when I first started working but not everyone is as fortunate. The healthy living advice was very holistic approach. Great tidbits to tuck away. No quick fixes. I like the concept of substitutions.
Alan Tomkins-Raney
Really basic, common sense stuff. If you know absolutely nothing about health and personal finance and suddenly wake up wanting to, I suppose this would be a good and useful book.
Suezq
A thoroughly enjoyable book packed with useful advice, written in a laymen's terms (big plus here). Jean Chatzky and Dr. Michael Roizen provide a lot of information on how to stay healthy and maintain your desired standard of living well into your retirement years. It is done in plain English (no need for a degree in finance or medicine). Highly recommended whether you're heading into your retirement years or decades away.
Kathy
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2017
Interesting, with a rehash of stuff that both of these authors have already written about before.
Kimball
Great book. Needs to be on every shelf in America. The title is misleading because I didn't remember them specifically listing out 8 secrets. You know if everyone had their beep together in finances and wealth, think of how different our market economy would be. Think of all the wasted dollars that go to marketing unhealthy foods and unnecessary products to spend our money on. All those dollars could be used for a better government (no, I'm not advocating a bigger, filthier liberal government ...more
D.j. Lang
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Were these types of books out there when I was younger and I just ignored them? Maybe. Then, again, when I was younger, families thought they were feeding their children healthy food if they could afford the new boxed cereals, commercially canned fruits and vegetables (loaded with sugar and salt), and a commercial loaf of bread that could be molded into a marshmallow (with same type of texture).

I started AgeProof on January 1 and finished it on February 9. The book is meant to be worked through
Denis S
Jun 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book, apparently an idea by two authors to rehash the obvious combining medical/financial health, is pathetic and shameful. Ideas such as keeping a soft toothbrush in your medicine cabinet or removing loose throw rugs so you don't trip over them are about as full of wisdom as rehashing asset allocation for your money.

The margins of the book include "think bubbles" in which the two authors talk back and forth to, presumably, meld their medical and financial ideas into one place. That adds
John (JP)
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Age-proof living longer without running out of money or breaking a hip.The title says it all. The premise of this book is that diet aging and finance are all intertwined. The idea makes a certain level of sense, but like most of the diet books I have read its the doing that's the hard part.

The book is divded into five sections each elaborating on a different aspect of Jean Chatzky a TV financial guru and Dr Michael Roizen a well known doctor at the Cleveland Clinic's idea.Most of what is in the

Roger
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
The authors offer us a very fresh, novel and brilliant perspective on the convergences between health and wealth, as well as how to implement them based on common principles. It is the first book I have knowledge that brings together both relevant topics in human life and integrates them through 8 ways to manage them with smart tactics to make good decisions.
The premise of the authors is the current reality where life expenctancy has increased significantly and most middle-aged adults are not
Joe
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I need to preface this review by stating that I am an avid reader of personal finance literature, and am pretty knowledgeable in this topic. I am also a very healthy, middle-aged person.

That said, I was very intrigued by the concept of discussing how to create a lifestyle that enables long term health and financial security, however, I found the book to be pretty disappointing. I did like how each section of the book was broken up into a health section and a financial section. Unfortunately the
KM
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of embarrassed by how long it took me to read this book, but I’m finally through it. This book literally touches on everything from what medicines you should keep stocked in your home to how different types of mortgages and IRAs work. It’s a great book for beginners in finance or those who are older but want to optimize their health. The correlation between health and wealth is emphasized throughout this book because you can’t enjoy wealth without being healthy in retirement, and you won’t ...more
Linda
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I am not the intended audience for this book since I am already retired but I thought there might be something in it for me. There was but not as much as I had hoped. I enjoyed Jean's writing because she always imparts knowledge and information in an easy to understand manner, almost like a friend or family member. However, I found Dr. Roizan's contributions to be less friendly and at times he seemed pompous and disdainful. His part is what made this a long slog for me. I did learn a few things ...more
Carol
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating is really 3.5 stars. This book is interesting in that it takes a wholistic approach to managing your money and your health and discusses their interrelationship.

I listened to the audiobook. Both authors do a good job of enthusiastically presenting the material. I found I knew a lot of the financial information already and some of the health stuff was common sense. But that said, I also found information I wasn’t familiar with—especially the medical stuff.

It’s worth a listen and makes
Kathy
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
It was interesting and helpful to see correlations between financial and physical health, with many good ideas for people to get their situations in line to help them prepare for the future. However, I think it was really written for those that are still working, and probably 25-30 years younger than myself. A lot of their suggestions do make sense and would help someone trying to figure it all out, but I think most people know if they are eating well or not, and not sure this book would ...more
Vicki
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Chummy style is easy to skim through quickly. Lots of solid, basic advice is presented from a dual health/wealth point of view. Both authors are big on the concept of gathering a team of support staff, i.e. doctors, financial advisors, etc, to help one get and stay on track. These services aren't exactly free of charge, though, which isn't addressed. Almost a little too wide-ranging in scope on the financial side, so the audience might be young or retirement-age. Almost a little too general in ...more
W. Whalin
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Money and Health Have an Intimate Connection

I have known Jean Chatzky and her financial expertise from seeing her on The Today Show. Until I heard AGE-PROOF which Chatzky wrote with Dr. Michael F. Roizen, I had not connected health and money.

Dr. Roizen reads the health chapters and Chatzky reads the financial chapters which alternate throughout the book. The concept is engaging and enlightening. I enjoyed this audiobook and highly recommend it.
Carter Hemphill
The chapters alternative between health and financial information. The authors provide a lot of good advice, although some of the topics were too general and the use of comment boxes for authors to interject various thoughts was annoying. The book is a good beginning for those needing to learn more about health and financial issues, although the reader will likely need to pursue other books to get a more comprehensive coverage of the material.
Bruin Mccon
DNF at 25%. I’m sure it had a lot of great advice but I hadn’t hit anything life-changing after a quarter of the book.

It didn’t help that I’m reading No Time to Spare at the same time. NTTS is a delightful joy. It’s not fair to compare the two, but, alas, I’m reading these two non-fiction at the same time so it’s inevitable.
Ligaya
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a lot of new information here, but rather packaged together in an interesting way - relating financial health with personal health.

The new things I did learn about: health savings accounts (HSA), deferred-income annuities (QLAC), and the preferred sunscreen Dr. Roizen recommends (with micronized zinc oxide and nothing else as ingredients).

This is a great book that lays out all those adult things you need to do to protect your health and wealth.
Tom
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was OK. I was expecting more innovative solutions in this book than were present. It's kind of "Adulting" for people in midlife, a collection of tips on how to do the basics of living for people at that stage of the life course. I think most people who are likely to pick this up are going to be doing some of what they're recommending already, so it might be more useful as a book you flip through for specific sections on areas you want to improve than as a permanent addition to your library.
Mary Beth
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Lots of great advice and many good suggestions in this book. A good book to read before you actually need it. Excellent for children of older parents as well as the aging themselves. Very supportive and realistic. Not another fad book, but real advice for the realities faced by those getting older in today's complicated world.
Tess Mertens-Johnson
As I read this book, I saws that I was doing most of what they recommended for someone my age and my income. Hmmm.. I was saving, paying things off , exercising regularity and eating well. There were some extra tips I took to heart, but I felt pretty good that I was on the right path.
Angela
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Listening to the library version is great, but none of the PDFs are available, which will make it very hard to remember the lists, websites and plethora of info the book provides. This would probably be one book that would be better to own so you could use it as a reference.
Patricia
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting combination and good review of money and physical health as one ages. Mostly a review, with a few new insights on both topics. The name really grabbed my attention as health and wealth are connected. Some fun ideas stated in a fun way!
Henk
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, but definitely not for everyone. Are a statistics nerd? Then you might like it.
Kari
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
A nice combination of information and advice about physical and financial health to help make sure you don't outlive your money or vice versa.
Jackie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring and worth the time and effort to get the suggested app. Life changing and interesting scientific facts.
Mark
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went to the authors talk on this one, lots of great ideas.
Neda Oshideri
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly well written and well thought out book! I plan on reading this multiple times throughout my life since it has so much information regarding all aspects and all age groups.

• How to Make Your Money Last: The Indispensable Retirement Guide
  • Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need
  • The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50
  • Let It Go: Downsizing Your Way to a Richer, Happier Life
  • Your Money or Your Life
  • Playing with FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early): How Far Would You Go for Financial Freedom?
  • Younger Next Year for Women