Start by marking “No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity” as Want to Read:
No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity

No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity

#1 New York Times bestselling author John C. Maxwell's latest book will enhance the lives of leaders, professionals, and anyone who wants to achieve success and personal growth. We often treat the word capacity as if it were a natural law of limitation. Unfortunately, most of us are much more comfortable defining what we perceive as off limits rather than what's really pos ...more
Published March 7th 2017 by Center Street (first published January 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about No Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Limits

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I have long admired Mr. Maxwell and his amazing ability to teach lead and dig down to the crux of the subject. His insight is amazing and as I was reading this book I realize that he is the type of person that never stops wanting to better himself or others. I admire that and know that is something I have to work on.

I often feel frustrated in my business because I feel like it gets to a certain level and then stumbling blocks are put in my way. While this is a typical scenario for every business
Lydia Howe
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was required reading at my job, and it was well worth it! It is just shy of five stars for me, and I look forward to re-reading parts of it in the near future.

The book was interesting, thought-provoking, practical, helpful, and well written.

John Maxwell has written dozens of books and sold millions of copies, and yet he hasn't run out of good material to share with the world. It's clear to see that he really cares about others and is writing because he genuinely wants to help others g
Anna
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I choose to read No Limits Blow the Cap off your Capacity by John C.Maxwell because I do strongly believe in the capacity of every man or woman to be successful in this society.

And yes I think that there are no limits although sometimes there are many limits for most of people and John C.Maxwell will help the reader to discover his/her potentialities, suggesting which ones are the strongest caps that must be removed for becoming successful for most of us.

The book will be released this March 7th
Violet
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Though he’ll be 70 this year, John C. Maxwell is still going strong. No Limits, his latest book, gives readers an understanding of what drives him with lots of how-to on staying productive themselves long after one would expect their batteries to be drained.

The book’s organization is based on Maxwell’s formula for reaching maximum capacity: “If you grow in your awareness, develop your abilities and make the right choices, you can reach your capacity” – p. 2.

The first section of only two chapters
Bob Wallner
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: execution, leadership
This was my least favorite John Maxwell book. It seems to be missing the passion he had when he wrote so many other books. As much as I truly respect Maxwell and his writing, this book seems forced.

It seemed as he took so many of his best stories and tried to fit them into a productivity book. I really feel this was outside of his specialty. I applaud him for taking the risk but I'm not sure it paid off, for me at least.
Edward Reed
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by my mentor and friend. John's wisdom and insight outlines excellent points for anyone to grow outside of their comfort zone.
Brandi
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A motivational book - Review to follow.
Christopher Lawson
As Long As You’re Breathing, You Have Places To Go And Ways To Grow

In NO LIMITS: BLOW THE CAP OFF YOUR CAPACITY, John Maxwell presents a giant assortment of hugely encouraging ideas. Here’s the theme of this book: To really grow your capacity, you must be AWARE, DEVELOP ABILITIES, and make right CHOICES. Here’s how the author puts it:

AWARENESS + ABILITY + CHOICES = CAPACITY

After just a few minutes of reading, I actually felt more optimistic. Plus, it was obvious to me that the author really wan
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
This review originally appeared on my blog at www.gimmethatbook.com.

Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC!

If you are feeling down, all you need to do is pick up a John C. Maxwell book and you are guaranteed to become empowered fast. To me, there is nothing greater than the mini pep talks on every page.

So many books encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and work on learning new things. In this latest work by the management genius, Maxwell tells you how to increase your capacity by concentrat
Andrew
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me by my father-in-law who I have realized recently has a lot of faith in me and believes I can accomplish a whole lot more than even I believe.

I have been doing a lot of self-reflection and evaluating of my career and life goals lately. In the last year I was part of a year-long leadership building program through work, and that really opened my eyes to what it means to be a true "leader". I also found through that program that people already regard me as one a lot more t
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wanted to become more successful or a better person? Are you stuck, looking for advice or just simply feel like you've reached your limits as a person and don't know any other way, well than I recommend you pick up this book "No Limits" by John Maxwell. He helps the reader begin to recognize areas in our lives where we cannot change the history, such as our family, birthplace or relatives, but we can change what we create. We are able to create our friends, homes, neighborhoods, jo ...more
Geetanjali Mukherjee
* I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I've been looking for a book on this subject for a while, and when I came across this book I was really excited. I am grateful to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book. It felt like every word had been written exclusively for me.

I am a huge fan of John Maxwell's books, but unlike most of the others I have read, which were more geared towards business executives, this book is for anyone looking to expand
Marissa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I think the content of this book is actually much better than 3 stars, but I listened to it on Audible and could not stand the voice of the narrator. I had to listen to it at 1.5 times normal speed just to tolerate his voice. He was so drawn out and slow in reading that it made me crazy. The content, however was fantastic for leaders. I felt like the focus was on increasing leadership capacity more than anything else, but it was a great book for self improvement and abolishing personal limitatio ...more
David Skinner
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made notes on nearly every single page of this book. Maxwell masterfully gives practical advice on how to expand your mental capacity, your leadership capacity, your discipline capacity, etc.

The one practical take away that I implemented right away is that when I hear a new idea that could benefit my life in anyway, I make a point to figure out a way to implement the idea and not procrastinate applying the knowledge that I learned. This way you become the type of person who acts immediately on
Susan Shipe
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
John C. Maxwell never disappoints. In NO LIMITS, he explores capacity, limitations, development, emotions and many other factors of living with no limits!

Is age a limitation? Is your attitude? Is your people interaction? How about your capacity for thinking?

One of my favorites? Spiritual Capacity -- your choice to strengthen your faith. Maxwell writes about HIS faith and tells the reader "if this chapter offends you? skip over it!" But he "HAS TO" write it. Why? Because his faith choice is inst
Roger
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Expands the perspective of our ability to be more successful!
This is the first book I read of the author and I found it very warm and landed; the content is based on the process and mastery that he himself has experienced. It is written with an excellent balance between valuable content and interesting anecdotes, which allows a fluid reading. It conveys a very consistent message, excellently well articulated, there are no words of filling but relevant information, there is no doubt that it is a
Rob
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Way too scattershot of an approach to self-help writing. Each chapter is short, very general, and superficial. This book is basically a series of loosely related blog posts about improving in a variety of skills, talents, and "capacities" - but that approach limits the value that you can get out of any one section, and it seems to regurgitate a lot of advice from other writers and from Maxwell's other books. A substantial portion of the text in the book is direct quotes from other books, etc.
Jenny Chin
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-list
not the best book in the grow your potential
the best nuggets I recall are:
the night before think of everyone you will be meeting the next day. how can I better serve those persons. if I think of ways to make their lives better, I will enhance everyone, myself included.
partner with someone you trust, can accomplish more
partner with God
a lot of reminders to refresh my memory
Maxwell is 70. He doesn't consider himself at the end of his life or those last chapters but he lives with vibrancy and set h
Eric
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Initially, I felt this book carried similar themes to most other Maxwell books. He loves people, he is social, loves to dine with friends, wants to develop and grow others. I actually put the book down for some time. the last portion was far better, especially the chapters on abundance, intentionally, and spiritual capacities. if you're new to Maxwell, this would be a great introductions to his works. if you've followed him for years, this might be a good refresher of what he focuses on.
Bassaidai88
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A worthwhile read to get another perspective on things. Filled with intersting quotes and stories from well known people, this book does get you thinking about what else you can do do to enhance your capacity in numerous areas of your life. One distraction is the constant reference of the author back to previous works such as the 10 ways to do this or 15 laws of that...you get the feeling this is yet another regurgitation of previously presented concepts. Nevertheless, still worth the read.
Stef
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
John C. Maxwell is my favorite management writer of all time. This book is another gem of his pen. This book really gives you manny ideas and suggestions on being a better person by growing your own skill and the skills of others. It has a large base of examples to bring the theory to life. I would heartily recommend this book to any one who wants to grow his personal and professionally skill set
Sandra
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
John Maxwell challenges me in his motivational writing to enlarge my capacity in every area of my life. John’s wisdom inspires me to live beyond my own limitation. There is no limitation in our life, we are the only one who set the boundaries to achieve more.

A must read book for everyone who wants to be successful in their life.

Santosh Durgavajjala
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: attitude
Every time I open this book, the author challenges us to elevate our thought process towards success! There is so much to accomplish in life and everyone of us can push the boundaries of our capacity with discipline, focused and consistent action. Definitely recommended to anyone who is looking to achieve and excel more than their limits
Bob Templeton
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding Book

I found John’s book to be inspiring and insightful. I purposely read it slowly so that each day a little more of the truths it holds could sink in and motivate me to keep on growing. I know a lot of people think they don’t need to learn anything new after a certain age, well I just turned 65 and my goal is to never stop growing and getting better!
LaTania Moore
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent teaching

I really found myself in this book. The things I needed to know to be a better leader. My Pastor chose this book for the leaders in our ministry to study as a group and it has been life altering. I recommend for any leader in ministry or anyone that is in leadership in a business. You’ll stay with it and it will stay with you.
Angela Huston
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love how I was able to find things that I needed to improve on roughly every other page. These concepts were represented into perspective through the most basic ways to understand where to change direction and start.
Wai-kit Ng
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book about personal growth. And if you are a leader, about creating the environment for others to grow. In the author's word - to achieve your capacity. Neatly summed up in one simple formula: AWARENESS + ABILITY + CHOICES = CAPACITY.

Valerie Woerner
Did not finish. I love John's ability to motivate but for me in this season, it was too much "to do". I know this message will inspire a lot of people who need a plan and a push and might even be me in another season down the road!
Aaron
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The usual great stuff from John Maxwell. Full of great stories that help illustrate and emphasis the point that he is making. Much of it though seemed to be somewhat redundant - maybe that is from reading nearly every one of his books. Some good pointers here though. Worth the read.
Julia Hazlet
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy obsession lol. This is a re-read book and great for someone who's been studying leadership for a long time or someone who's just getting started. The take aways will be very different but it sets the stage for where you can go with leadership and maximizing your own potential
  • Make It Rain!: How to Use the Media to Revolutionize Your Business & Brand
  • You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C's to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • God in My Everything: How an Ancient Rhythm Helps Busy People Enjoy God
  • A Giving Heart: A Coloring Book Celebrating Motherhood
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • Angels, Miracles, and Heavenly Encounters: Real-Life Stories of Supernatural Events
  • NIV First-Century Study Bible: Explore Scripture in Its Jewish and Early Christian Context
  • Storm: Hearing Jesus for the Times We Live In
  • Well: Healing Our Beautiful, Broken World from a Hospital in West Africa
  • How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network Into Profits
  • The Good Fight: How Conflict Can Lead to Greater Intimacy in Marriage
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • Overload: How to Unplug, Unwind, and Unleash Yourself from the Pressure of Stress
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers: 50 Exercises That Get Results in Just 15 Minutes
  • Denise's Daily Dozen: The Easy, Every Day Program to Lose Up to 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks
  • My Father's Business: The Small-Town Values That Built Dollar General into a Billion-Dollar Company
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
“The price of greatness is responsibility.” That” 0 likes