Start by marking “Long Road Home” as Want to Read:
Long Road Home

Long Road Home

Sometimes getting lost is the only way to find your way home . . .

I'm grateful for many things-my work, my apartment, my amazing friends. But after that night years ago, I'm left with an aching weight I can't escape. And it's keeping me from living and loving the way I desperately want. So when a ruggedly handsome cop pulls me over, I'm shocked by what just the sight of hi
Published March 7th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this romance. I decided to read this book after learning that it was set in Missouri. There aren't too many books set in my home state so I was immediately curious. The story was what grabbed me from the very beginning. The fact that they meet when he is giving her a traffic ticket just set a great tone for the whole story. This was a really nice story that ended up leaving me with a big grin on my face.

After Cayden
Meredith Tate
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read and loved all four of Marie Meyer's books so far, but this one was my favorite.

Ren Daniels is speeding to the hospital for her shift as a labor and delivery nurse when she's pulled over by a handsome police officer. When marine-turned-cop Cayden Sinclair pulls over an attractive nurse and gives her a ticket, he doesn't expect to ever see her again. But they find themselves getting acquainted at a mutual friend's wedding a few days later.

With Cayden spending all his time between worki
books are love
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
received in exchange for a honest review.

I felt so much for Cayden. He is dealing with so many heartaches in this book. He is genuinely one of the good guys. He loves his mom and is there for her. He is honest, hard working and loyal. He doesn’t run from tough moments or decisions. I hated at the end how torn up he was and how much pain he was in but loved how Ren made him feel better and made his days brighter in even in the darkest moments.

Ren took on a job she was passionate about even though
Maura
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked it, even though it didn't totally work for me.

My biggest problem with the book is that I feel like we were told about Ren and Cayden's relationship rather than shown their love story. The whole thing left me feeling a little disconnected from the characters. It kind of felt like terms of endearment, and over-the-top sappy inner-monoluge was used in place of actually showing us their interactions and what made them fall in love with each other.

It als
Johnaka
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Long Road Home by Marie Meyer
“Finding your North star, 5 stars”

Long Road Home is a reminder, a reminder to love completely, a reminder that your time isn’t garenteed. That sometimes you need to slow down and stop saying you dont have time. Most importantly to stop and smell the roses or in this case see the good in front of you.
Cayden was first hit with the loss of his father, then his mother gets sick, causing him to leave his guys right before they deploy. Cayden was military all the way, the
Natalie
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Ren is living a lonely life. She has good friends; a loving family and a rewarding job as a nurse but a tragic event in her past is holding her back from finding love.

Cayden a former Marine, is now home and working as a police officer as he cares for his mother. With a busy schedule of protecting and supporting those around him, he doesn’t think he has time for love.

When Cayden pulls Ren over for speeding there is an instant attraction. After a second chance encounter at a friends wedding the r
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
The moment Cayden Sinclair taps on Ren Daniels car window he can't help but be attracted to her, she is a very beautiful woman, but he's not on a social call, so he keeps things professional, even issues her a speeding ticket. Fully believing that he would never see her again, but to his surprise he runs into her again at a friends wedding, and this time his badge is at home, so there is nothing holding him back. He has never had these kind of instant sparks with someone, and as unnerving as it ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
New Adult Romance isn’t usually a genre I read. However, something about this book spoke to me and I just had to read it. Told in alternating first person viewpoints, Long Road Home by Marie Meyer tells the story of two twenty-five-year-olds who are only living a shell of the life they can and should be living.

Ren Daniels is a maternity nurse who loves her job. She loves her family and friends. She’s come a long way from being assaulted, but she’s afraid of what her future holds. Deep down, she’
Emma bramley
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

This story will pull you in from the first page, keeping you hooked till the very last page. This story has laughs, secrets and heart break. This story is told from both characters view points, so you get both sides of the story. You will fall in love with the characters from the first page. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.
Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Renee Entress
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was kept interested in this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Ren and Cayden’s story. Ren meets Cayden when he pulls her over. She is on her way to work. She is a nurse in the labor and delivery field. They meet again at her best friend’s wedding. He asks her to dance and the sparks fly. These two both have baggage. She has trouble trusting people and he his guilt issues. When they are together he i
me
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet long sad happy true north story...
K. Lincoln
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ren is a maternity nurse with a rape in her past, Cayden is a police officer/marine whose mother is dying of cancer.

There's a lot of angst in the this book.

Two broken people coming together and healing each other is one of my favorite romance tropes, and this story, told in alternating POV that reveals just how romantic and emotional Cayden is, was deliciously easy to drop into. The story blatantly deals with only the juicy bits; first dates on a geocaching trip, getting through Ren's fear of bu
Meri
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
"Don't lose yourself in work, Cayd. One day, you'll look up and you'll be all alone. Life isn't just about moving up the workforce ladder. Some things are more important, like family.

"While I was overseas, it seems all of my old friends decided it was time to get married and start families. Where did the time go? I feel very out of touch with the people I grew up with. I've always wanted to find a woman that would put up with me, marry her, and have a bunch of kids - I never liked being an only
Shannon
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked Ren & Cayden. They had great chemistry but wanted their backstories more fleshed out. Cayden's military services wasn't really explored or Ren's past. I definitely enjoyed the first half of the book more than the rest. It kind of fizzled at the end.
M1ssb3rry
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was extremely cheesy but I did like it

Crystal
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
A woman with a heart-breaking past, and a man who wants to be her future. So good, and sweet, and sexy, and just a great read!
Annie Rains
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book from Marie Meyer! LONG ROAD HOME follows two wounded characters who find healing in each other. Ren Daniels was date raped in college and is still dealing with the repercussions. She hasn’t been with a man since that time, but when she meets Cayden, she feels drawn to him and can’t resist. Cayden Sinclair lost his father when he was young and now he’s dealing with his mother’s cancer. Cayden has the weight of the world on his shoulders and, while he’s strong an ...more
Marie
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jenn
Jessica
May 02, 2017
reader0101
Sep 22, 2017
Marie Meyer has been a teacher for sixteen years. She spends her days in the classroom and her nights writing heartfelt romances that will leave readers clamoring for more. She is a member RWA (PAN) and a 2017 RITA® Finalist. Marie's short fiction won honorable mentions from the St. Louis Writers Guild in 2010 and 2011. She is a proud mommy and enjoys helping her oldest daughter train for the Spec ...more