Start by marking “Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K” as Want to Read:
Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K

Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K

(Gwenpool, the Unbelievable (Collected Editions) #2)

What's the best part about living in a world of comic-book heroes? Team-ups, baby! And imagine the awesome when Gwen Poole meets Miles Morales! Spider-Men and Gwens are a match made in heaven, right? Huh. Maybe not always — this one goes to some dark places! Second best thing about living in the Marvel Universe? The job opportunities! She's only been here a few weeks, and ...more
Published March 28th 2017 by Marvel (first published March 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2

Anne
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's not a whole lot to it, but Gwenpool continues to be a solidly fun comic to read.

description

There's a Deadpoolesque sort of 4th wall knowledge that sets Gwen's adventures apart from the rest of the Marvel universe. And that leads to an entertaining disregard for human (cartoon?) life from her. In other words, she basically does everything you would do if you suddenly found yourself transported to the 616 universe.

description

The 'team-up' with Miles was great, and fans of the Ultimate Spider-man will (I think)
Sam Quixote
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-comics-2017
The Unbelievable Gwenpool has nothing to do with Gwen Stacy or Deadpool; she is Gwen Poole, a Marvel fangirl from our world who has inexplicably wound up in the Marvel Universe! Using her unique inside knowledge of Marvel comics, Gwen has survived the strange and dangerous superhero landscape by deposing the giant testicle with a face, MODOK, and becoming the new head of his criminal organisation. She also has a team-up with Ultimate Spider-Man himself, Miles Morales!

So Gwenpool is still one of
Paul E. Morph
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this volume of Gwen's morally dubious adventures. It was pretty darned funny and had some genuinely unpredictable twists and turns that really held my interest. Plus, a really cute li'l piggy. Recommended to anyone who likes their comicbooks to be fun!
Chad
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this is where Marvel has been hiding its humor. The book is outright funny. Gwen is amoral most of the time because she figures, "Hey, you're just a comic book character, who cares if you die." Gwen teams up with Miles Morales, takes on a Doombot and the Snorks from volume 1. I love how she tells Miles about the Ultimate universe and his mom coming back to life. Plus this gem that everyone was thinking about Secret Wars:

Hasting is outright witty. That dude knows how to quip. I'd love to see h
Ana
Gwen is trying to get the hang of this universe and her new friends. Aliens spoil everything... well maybe she got a little too hyped and made some rash choices. But the humor keeps me coming back.
Craig
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Gwenpool, not to be confused with Deadpool or Stacy, is back for another round of adventures. The dialog is witty, the writing is clever, and the tone is good-natured and light-hearted. I didn't think the art was as good as the first volume, but it's serviceable. It's a fun book, not especially memorable, but nice like a warm chocolate chip cookie.
Chris
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
I'd never have thought there was a Deadpool and Harley Quinn-shaped gap on my comic shelf, but Gwenpool is currently filling it quite nicely. Head of M.O.D.O.K. carries on from where it's predecessor left off and although I enjoyed the first volume a little more overall, I thought this was a solid read.

As with Believe It, there were times that I found Gwen to be a bit too silly, but I think Christopher Hastings does this deliberately, using the rest of the cast to level things out (or perhaps i'
Chris Lemmerman
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd be gushing the praise of a character called Gwenpool, I'd have laughed in your face.

And yet, here we are.

Christopher Hastings continues his run with everyone's favourite fourth wall breaker (Deadpool who?) as Gwen teams up with Miles Morales whether he likes it or not, and takes on a civilian Doombot, her old friends the squid aliens, and even worse - bankruptcy.

Gwenpool's attempts at heroism and friendship are wonderfully skewed, and I
James DeSantis
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
So Gwenpool is back and she's...kind of leading the Modok people? While doing that she teams up with Spider-man (Miles) and goes on adventures with him. It's actually mega-meta storyline that is solved by reading older issues of Ultimate Spider-man. Then we head into a new storyline where aliens are chasing Gwen to take her back to her world? Universe? I dunno how to explain where she's from.

Good: The fun humor is still there. It's light and always enjoyable to read. I also enjoyed the miles st
Stewart Tame
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still a fun title, one of the best combinations of serious and silly I've read in quite some time. Gwen meets up with Miles Morales, which actually turns out to be the weakest story in here. It just feels contrived, though I suppose it could be an inside joke on the fact how, back in the day, all new Marvel titles seemed to feature a team-up with Spider-Man at some point. Anyway, Gwen gets all fangirl and stalker-y, and the main storyline gets put on hold, which is somewhat irresponsible even by ...more
Julie
I love Gwenpool! The plot in this volume was a lot better and not as messy as the last one. It was still super random and ridiculous, but who cares these comics are so much fun. I love it. Definitely an improvement from the last one. I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume and see what other crazy shit Gwenpool gets herself into.
Scott
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
"I met Spider-Man. It didn't go great . . ." -- Gwen 'The Unbelievable Gwenpool' Poole

Neither did this volume, GP. While her initial book was fairly amusing the follow-up hit the dreaded sophomore slump for me. Her team-up with the Miles Morales version of Spider-Man seemed like it would be a sure thing, but the storyline (which began promisingly enough with their secret identity interaction on a subway, but deteriorated into some uncomfortable scenes of violence) quickly ran out of gas. The lat
Shannon Appelcline
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-marvel, comics
Gwenpool continues to be hilarious. Certainly, the lead is charming, but her fourth-wall breaking is so much more on-point and interesting than Deadpool's because it's all bout literary rules (and specifically the literary rules of comics).

This volume has three stories. Gwen+Miles is the best because it contrasts Miles' comic normality with Gwen's more bizarre ideas about how the comic medium works. A regular comic in which Gwen works alongside a straight-man hero would be terrific. The second p
Sailor //
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Gwenpool is definitely my new favorite Marvel character.

Pros:
-hilarious MC that seems to be getting by on pure luck
-Miles Morales makes an appearance
-very interesting story
-wonderful artwork

Cons:
-none that I can think of

I literally drove all over town just to find this volume and I'm glad that I did.
Keith Jones
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No, seriously, just look at it. Gwenpool looks like a cheesecake parody of a raunchy pandering-to-stunted man-boys character. It should just be gawdawful, but somehow isn't. Gwenpool is wonderful. It's just wonderful.
Wherein we find that Squirrel Girl will continue to kick Dr. Doom's butt well into the future. Full marks.
Murphy
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I like reading comics purely for fun as much as the next guy, but this volume fell flat for me. Gwen is still the only interesting character included in the series and while attempts were made to give more depth to the other agents of M.O.D.O.K. Gwen herself would probably even point out that they're really just on the sidelines of her larger story.

I enjoy seeing popular Marvel heroes included in Gwen's comics but unfortunately she's been unable to create any friendships since her seemingly all
Daniel Butcher
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel
This is some Steve Gerber level satire my friends!
Bekka
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen is me if I was ever put into the Marvel universe. I'd probably not turn into a mercenary, but her level of fangirl is entirely me.
Also, I want her 'our world' bedroom, bad.
Overall, another enjoyable comic adventure from Gwenpool, with great cameos from characters like Miles. I had a great time reading this.
Josh
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't love this one quite as much as volume 1, but I'm not really sure why. It was still very enjoyable. This volume continues with all the ridiculous wacky fun and meta-ness of the character while managing an effective level of sincerity and heart. Vol. 2 also benefits from a number of exciting cameos and guest appearances. It's a great concept and a great series.
Adam Spanos
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The dumb fun continues. It delivered everything I had come to expect from the first collection: dark humor, meta-commentary, and some brutal emotional punches. I rarely laugh out loud when reading by myself. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one too. Looking forward to the third volume.
Marsha Altman
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, comics, art
Now it really gets into the action, and at this point I'm pretty familiar with what's going on in the different Marvel timelines, which it thankfully crosses over with very little. Gwenpool mostly stands on her own.
Erin
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just really, wonderfully funny.
Em
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as great as the first volume, but still hilarious.
Chris Petruccio
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I like the most about Gwenpool is while Deadpool breaks the 4th wall by making references to pop culture, Gwenpool does it by playing up to the comic book tropes that you see in so many different comics.

There is one hilarious moment where she inquires about a police officers name explicitly for the reason of giving them enough of a character that they couldn't be killed in this issue of the comic. Gwenpool has the potential to be one of the marvels smartest comics and I honestly can't wait
Jason
I pretty much blew through the first 12 issues of Gwenpool, so this review is for the whole series so far (and will be pasted on the previous volume's review)
I LOVE this character and series! It's not just because we share a last name (though that's pretty great). I love that her power is essentially knowledge because of her extensive comics reading from her native (I.e. OUR) dimension. I haven't yet gotten tired of seeing the surprise on the faces of characters like Thor and Miles' Spidey (spea
Michelle
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gwen (not to be confused with Gwen Stacey) is at her antics again in this second volume of her own series. Gwen is a comic geek that comes from our world who is one day sucked into the Marvel comic world. Understanding superhero comics' writing and structure, Gwen decides to become a superhero and behaves pretty recklessly (believing that nothing can happen to her because she's The Protagonist). In volume 1, she accidentally became the head of M.O.D.O.K. Volume 2 we find her trying to run the or ...more
Shali

Wow, I haven't even had time to summarize a graphic novel, these past few weeks.

So, in this volume Gwen has taken over M.O.D.O.K. (the organization), by sending M.O.D.O.K. (the dude) to space, and now she has the responsibility of running the team, and saving the world, I guess, maybe? Anyway, she teams up with Spider-Man (Miles Morales, the precious baby), and generally causes trouble for everybody, takes on the Teuthidans (arms-dealing squid-aliens)... again, and meets up with (view s
Callie Rose Tyler
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel, comics
This comic continues to be very entertaining! Gwen Poole has a Mile Morales team-up that didn't annoy me and there is a Squirrel Girl and Doom Bot cameo.
Sesana
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I absolutely loved the first volume of Gwenpool, and I "just" really liked this one. Gwen is still a slightly manic and yet oddly likable character, this particular storyline just didn't appeal to me quite as strongly.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Jean Grey, Vol. 1: Nightmare Fuel
  • Deadpool: Too Soon?
  • Howard the Duck, Volume 0: What the Duck?
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy
  • A-Force, Volume 1: Hypertime
  • Rocket Raccoon, Volume 2: Storytailer
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 5: Arms Race
  • The Mighty Thor, Volume 3: The Asgard/Shi'ar War

Gwenpool, the Unbelievable (Collected Editions) (5 books)
  • Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 1: Believe It