Start by marking “Casanova” as Want to Read:
Casanova

Casanova

Once upon a time, I loved him.
He broke me and he didn't even know it.
I ran from him.
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.
Death brought me home to him.
Brett Walker.
Drop dead gorgeous and filthy-mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners.
A casanova to his core.
My ex-best friend.
And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him
Published January 24th 2017 by Emma Hart

To ask other readers questions about Casanova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casanova

Start your review of Casanova
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦This was my first book by Emma Hart and I have to admit that I very much enjoy her writing style. I did, however, have trouble finishing this book. I made it to about 80% and eventually I realized that I no longer was invested in the characters. Well, bummer.

➦The hero of this novel is a son of the richest man in town and is known for his bad reputation. He discards women left and right and now people are giving him the stink eye.

➦So his daddy brings in a journalist to write a column about his
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 Stars
I didnt want to kiss her. I needed to kiss her. I needed to feel those soft lips against mine. I needed to fucking feel if she kissed me as hard as she tore me apart.

You ever have one of those moments where a book has every ingredient that you typically enjoy but yet dislike it for whatever reason? This book was my moment. It had everything that I normally crave in romance....

Hero that's a mix of alphahole and unrepentant playboy?
Brett Walker was the itch you couldnt scratch but
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
3 STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Eight years ago Lani left her hometown in Florida because her best friend hurt her irrevocably. Today she is a well known freelance journalist with both serious and gossip articles under her belt. She is back in town for her Grandmother's funeral and she'll be damned if she went out of her way to meet with Brett Walker, bad boy extraordinaire, man-ho, and heir to the Walker fortune. When she has a chance run-in with him she knows the boy she used to love
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I wasn't sure how to rate this. For the most part I more than enjoyed it. However, I was thrown by the crux of the problem that existed between the main characters and I have to admit that it bothered me quite a bit.

Brett and his twin, Camille, were best friends with Lani in high school. Sometimes when a boy and a girl are friends, things can get complicated. Feelings can evolve. They have the potential to bring you pleasure, but can also dump you into pain. Hurt led to an 8-year separation,
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Casanova is a friends to lovers / second chance romance that contains entertaining quick-witted banter. Heres the long and short of it Our heroine, Lexi returns home to Florida after 8 years to attend her grandmothers funeral. We learn fairly quickly that she and Brett aka Casanova have past issues. Because of that, Lani hopes to leave town as soon as possible. However, her family and Brett have different plans. Casanova isnt just a nickname, Brett is an unapologetic man-whore. Hes so much of a ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Emma Harts books and her writing style, so when I saw that she was writing this book, I knew I needed to read it!

Casanova had an interesting story line. And it kind of went into a direction I didnt expect. But it was still good. Brett was an a**hole, but hidden under all that was a good guy. Lani had a great life, but under all that is still the hurt Brett caused her. When they see each other again, there isnt much love there. They both have a lot of things in the past that needed
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo faaba0eb9e1896cde8d58e683a866b_zpsaxusyihg.gif

Casanova by Emma Hart is a sexy blend of heat, banter, romance, and passion!!! If you are familiar with Emma Harts books, then you are well aware that her books always has her signature stamp of feistiness with a blend of sass,wit and heart.

photo casanova-teaser7_zpsuu4km56n.jpg

While I can go on and write a review that details what to expect, I wont. Why? Its simple, reading an Emma Hart book is about getting lost in the excitement, characters, and raw emotions. And in
Talltree
Jan 29, 2017 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Irene
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

Casanova by Emma Hart was a fun and entertaining read.

The writing was well done, Brett and Lani were likable and relatable characters that made me laugh with their antics. I loved their banter and their no holds barred attitude.
These two were perfect for each other.

description

Overall, Casanova was a sweet, steamy and entertaining read, I highly recommend it.

Purchase Links ~
US ➜ http://amzn.to/2iHalQe
UK ➜ http://amzn.to/2iQZYcq
AU ➜ http://bit.ly/CasanovaAU
CA ➜ http://bit.ly/CasanovaCA
B&N ➜
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 24, 2017
Genre: Second Chance. Contemporary Romance.

Emma Hart has pulled me into yet another EPIC romance of hers. Casanova is EVERYTHING I wanted it to be and more. It's hilarious, sexy, and filled with characters that readers will fall in love with. I am so excited for the next installment too as it will be Raven's story (a secondary character from this book who make cocktails like no other). READERS: If you have not read an Emma Hart book, you really need to start!
Shayna
OH MY GOD!!! CASANOVA was just...EVERYTHING! Emma Hart continues to AMAZE the hell out of me with her EPIC STORYTELLING! This second chance romance was so emotional, so real, and SO deliciously SEXY! I laughed. I cried. I SWOONED so freaking HARD! Lani Montana is probably one of my FAVORITE heroines that Ms. Hart has ever created. And Brett Walker was just a cocky, dirty-talkin', stubborn, gorgeous specimen of a man. Together, these two were EXPLOSIVE in every single way! The anger that is pent ...more
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the author and InkSlingerPR***

2.5 Stars

I struggled with this book and actually considered not finishing it more than once. I had a really tough time with the first 45% of the book. I got farther into the book, and I realized where the author was going with the story, and with telling it in the way she did...but it made it a tough book to engage with.

I didn't like Brett. At all. In the beginning, he is a jerk, acts like a child and has no redeeming qualities. I liked
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shadow's review:

It took me a while to finish this book, because I wasn't sure I liked the characters at first, but as it moved into the story, it became apparent things weren't what they seemed, and it ended up being a good read.

When Lani Montana came back to Whiskey Key for her grandmother's funeral, she had no intention of staying and facing the man who broke her heart eight years ago.

Brett Walker was her best friend, the one who protected the nerdy girl from those who would taunt her, up
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
This was a 2.5-3 star for me...Which I'm
bummed about because I do enjoy reading this author.

I really struggled the first half of the book but did come to like the 2nd half better. A couple of times I debated whether or not I should stop but am glad I finished it.

For me, the whole reason why Lani was mad for the 8 years, the reason Brett changed, the Thing, it was just over dramatized in my opinion...a lot of these things could have been resolved much sooner by talking and communicating instead
Sanaa
Jan 21, 2017 added it
Shelves: arc, 2017
I'm sure it's okay if I post this now because the book has been out for a few days. But this book was a DNF for me. Don't get me wrong, I adore Emma Hart and her books. But this one just wasn't working for me. Especially Brett Walker. There was just something there that was rubbing the wrong way at me. This won't change my love for Emma and her books, so let's hope the next one won't end up like this.
Alex ♈
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.

It doesn't sound as a strong heroine to me...
I will definitely wait for honest reviews!

P.S. And I hope she wasn't celibate all these years or had only bad sex or smth like this! Please!
Dia
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it

Loved it but could have been a lot better.

IT was fun and the writing was good.But the characters could have been a bit mature.But if you want something fun then go and read this.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
2.5 -3 stars

Casanova was a struggle for me. I started out this book thinking I was gonna love it, and to be honest, I struggled to finish it. I usually enjoy Emma Hart books, but this one dragged for me.
I put it down and picked it back up a lot to actually finish it.

The couple, both of them, were not my favorites. Lani was hard to warm up to and Brett's big secret was not even that shocking or scandalous! I finished reading to find out what it was, and I was let down.

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

4 Cheeky CROWNS

I love Emma Hart's writing and stories. They are always guaranteed to be fun, entertaining, and more often than not, filled with lots of good steamy deliciousness. Casanova is all of these things!

What really made me like this story is the characters, particularly the dynamics between Lani and Brett. Their bickering, their banter, and their constant battle for dominance had me chuckling several times, and it helped to develop the chemistry, at least physically
Siobhan Davis
Actual 3.5 stars.

Emma Hart is one of my favorite authors and she knows how to write a seriously funny rom-com. I adore her Burke Brothers and Stripped series and both those series had a brilliant blend of humor and sexy romance with great characters that kept me hooked from page one.

Casanova is a great read jam-packed full of Emma's signature sassy wit. The banter between Lani and Brett is hysterical and I was laughing my head off while reading this book.

Lani had left for California over a
Rejane
Immaturity: pet peeve

This reviewer rarely gives bad reviews, so if she's doing it now, I better believe it

Lexi Cubbins
I absolutely adore Emma Hart's style and the way her witty, perfectly entertaining stories are laced with heart and passion.

Casanova was no exception. Brett was, well, kind of an asshole - and I mean, of epic proportions - and at first I wasn't even sure I'd ever learn to love him. That adorable jerk, he turned out to be a wonderful man, he just needed his other half to drop the facade and be himself. And what I especially loved about Lani was that the shy, nerdy little girl's grown to be a
Audrey Carlan
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Casanova was an unexpected treat. I love a perfectly flawed man with a heart of gold." ~Audrey Carlan #1 NYT Bestselling Author
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Maybe it's just me, but this book's blurb is misleading. I mean with that blurb, I would have thought there would be a lot more animosity between them, sort of. But not really.

They were kissing and being all flirty with each other when the pages are still in double digits. The heroine is so weak when it comes to the Hero so I'm not all attracted to that.

Oh and both main characters have the maturity of a twelve year old. DNF.
Heaven Scheuring
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
4 star read!
Casanova was a heartfelt second chance romance! Loved Lani's witty attitude! She sure kept Brett in his place! Fell in love with both of the main characters!
Great read!
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
*Arc kindly provided by the author for an honest review*

5 bunches of white roses!!

Youre not nothing. You never have been nothing. Youve always been nothing less than absolutely everything to me.

I have always been a big fan of Emma Harts work and The Burke Brothers have always been my favourite but Im telling you, BRETT is in another league. I fell hard for him, I can't even find the right words to describe it. Casanova is without a doubt my favourite book from Emma EVER! IT IS AN EPIC ROMANCE
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Kitten Stars!

Emma Hart is one of my favorite authors. She creates characters that are relatable and are usually based on people we know. Ms. Hart is an automatic one click for me because I know her stories are going to pull you in and keep you there until the very last page.

Casanova is no exception. We begin with Lani returning home to attend her grandmothers funeral. She left her life in Whiskey Key eight years ago, but not too much has changed, especially the small-town gossip. The reason
Monique
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Home for her Grandmothers funeral, Lani has to deal with other matters too.... that being the reason she left in the first place...... Brett.

Yeah, Brett has played the field, and not only the football kind, and some would and have called him a Casanova, but deep down he is a softie you're going to love. He has some of his own secrets that quite frankly didn't shock me or made me love him any less. And the way he is with Lani will make you laugh and swoon. He was cocky but definitely adorable.

Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
I completely loved this book considering sometimes I wanted to kill both Brett and Lani . I wanted to smash there heads together and be like what the f*** is happening here . Gosh these two! Once you've read this you will understand my frustration......

You just know from the beginning that these two are meant to be besides when you first get the glimpse that they hate each other so much.

I loved how it was a best friends to lovers and then haters to lovers . Lani and Brett have knew each other
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Dear Ava
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Virgin Wife (Virgin Marriage, #2)
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Pretty Virgin (Rags to Riches, #1)
  • Naughty, Dirty, Cocky (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1-3)
  • Rumors
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut