Start by marking “The Smurfs: The Village Behind the Wall” as Want to Read:
The Smurfs: The Village Behind the Wall

The Smurfs: The Village Behind the Wall

An all-new graphic novel featuring five stories that tie in to the new SMURFS animated movie! The world of the Smurfs expands as a Brainy Smurf, Smurfette, Hefty Smurf and Grumpy Smurf discover a new village filled with a whole population of girl Smurfs! A whole new world of challenges and adventures awaits the Smurfs!
Published March 7th 2017 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about The Smurfs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Smurfs

Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒
Super Cute ... Super Awesome ... Super Smurftastic!

This comic is just so smurfly smurf....if you know what I mean.

Smurfs remind me of a sun-lit room with warm carpet where I would sit and struggle to keep my eyes open. How much I hated to nap after school and would do anything to avoid it so I could watch Smurfs on TV at 2 pm.

Long gone are the days of my blissful childhood. But I am glad as I can still recall those memories and connect to them by watching movies of my favorite cartoon chara
Amanda
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the Smurfs! This was a really cute comic of the Smurfs finding another village of all girl Smurfs and some of the adventures they go on. Cute and short read. Definitely recommend for kids and adults alike, especially if you like the Smurfs. I received an advance copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Melanie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A village of female Smurfs! An empowered group of Smurfs that want to show the males just how great they are. Great art work, I love the leaf disguises!
Cheryl
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fun graphic novel. The stories that are featured in this novel had adventure, action, intrigue, bravery all taken place in a new world. I thought this novel was a nice introduction to the new girl smurfs and the new movie. After reading this novel, I am looking forward to watching the movie. I love the smurfs. The new girls are like Amazons. They are strong and not really afraid of anything. I did feel bad for Brainy in the first story. He really had quite the adventure. My only issue ...more
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally Smurfette is not the only girl Smurf in the world! These comics are a great addition to the Smurf world we all know and love not to mention will make a great addition to the upcoming movie.

The first thing that obviously grabs your attention is the graphics which are vibrant, beautiful and eye catching. The pictures accurately depict not only the storyline but the essence of who the Smurfs are as characters that have been enjoyed for decades.

The story line makes sense and it’s fun to see
Paul Franco
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A collection of shorts stories featuring the usual guys and one gal finding a new group of blue girls, apparently as an introduction to the new movie coming out soon! (said in announcer voice).
All the new Smurfs get a full page intro—awesome.
The new gals are terrific dancers, and good at curing the aches and pains afterward. “Hanging out with girls looks smurfly exhausting.” If you only knew, bro. . . so much for being the smart one.
Hefty is, as always, easily manipulated. “Why do I have the imp
Wayne McCoy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
'The Smurfs: The Village Behind the Wall' by Peyo tells some new stories about a new group of Smurfs.

Most of the original Smurfs are male Smurfs. This book introduces a whole village of female Smurfs. After getting some bios of the new Smurfs (Smurfstorm, Smurfblossom, etc.), we get a series of short stories, including how Brainy Smurf finds this new village. These Smurfs camouflage themselves with leaves and seem to be threatened by the things in the forest around them. Giant (to Smurfs) carni
Penny Olson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an electronic copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review. It is four stories of how the original smurfs (from my childhood), find a whole village of female smurfs. Four separate stories are contained in this book. The quality of the illustrations is quite high with a lot of detail. There are many really interesting creatures and monsters. I read this book with my seven year old who found it highly entertaining. She was really engaged in the adventures and laughed ...more
Donna Sanders
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. A short graphic novel compiled of several short stories about the Smurfs encounters with the female Smurf village beyond the wall. The colours, graphics and dialogue are all classic Smurf. The new characters are funny and unique. An enjoyable quick read.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**This book was reviewed via Netgalley**

I'm in nostalgia heaven! I grew up with the Smurfs. With the new movies, and now graphic novels, I can share my childhood passion with my cubs. Some of them get it. Others think ma is a little off her rocker, but that's okay, cause Smurfs! I was beyond delighted to get the original cartoons on Amazon Instant View. Smurfs: The Village Behind the Wall is a collection of shorts, much like the show itself was. There are five altogether, along with a neat histo
Jo
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thanks to netgalley for the read.
A classic Smurfs tale with a little twist of new characters. Funny and the new characters are likeable. I'd like to hear from them.
Ryan
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like what Papercutz has done with the Peyo Smurf books. These books remind me of childhood and the Smurfs I grew up with. The modern smurfs just look too funny and have too much adult humor. In the newest graphic novel we meet the villagers over the wall. A land of female Smurfs with Blue Hair. We grew up with only one female smurf: Smurfette, but now there is an entire land of them. They have ways that are different and live in a much more magical land where plants try to eat you, and ...more
Anusha Narasimhan
This book reminded me of my childhood when I watched the cartoon on TV. A cute, fun, book I would highly recommend for The Smurfs fans, whether they are children or adults.

Note - I received a free copy of the book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review in any way.
Karen
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Las ilustraciones son muy bonitas y la historia entretiene lo necesario.
Jesica DeHart
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We really wanted to read and review this title but it would not download. This is a favorite series of my kids and we own all of them!
Inna Mudrak
Aug 03, 2018
Trshava
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
*ebook given through Netgalley which doesn't affect my opinion*
China
Apr 28, 2018
Aisha
Jun 30, 2018
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Kaden W.
Dec 20, 2017
Shahd Rdawi
Aug 21, 2018
Pierre Culliford, known as Peyo, was a Belgian comics artist, perhaps best known for the creation of The Smurfs comic strip.