Start by marking “Notte di marionette e torte (La chimera di Praga, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Notte di marionette e torte (La chimera di Praga, #2.5)

Notte di marionette e torte

(Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2.5)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  14,847 Ratings  ·  2,810 Reviews
In questa novella autoconclusiva di Laini Taylor, autrice della trilogia bestseller «La chimera di Praga», prende vita la storia di un divertente e fantasioso primo appuntamento. «Notte di marionette e torte» racconta di una notte solo accennata nella trilogia: il magico primo appuntamento tra Zuzana e Mik, due personaggi amatissimi dai fan. Narrata da prospettive alternat ...more
Published July 4th 2016 by Fazi Editore (first published November 26th 2013)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
OMG! I loved this little book so much! And I want y'all to see the beautiful cover when you take off the dust jacket and the inside front pages. There are also beautiful illustrations through-out the book but I haven't added them.

This is a sweet story of Zuzana and Mic ♥ Karou is in it as well.

I loved it so much and like I said before, it's a short little book but it's so freaking awesome! I highly recommend it if you love Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin
Cait • A Page with a View
THIS WAS SO COMPLETELY ADORABLE. It was all of the best elements of the first Daughter of Smoke & Bone book and totally needs to be its own book!

It's just a short novella that tells the story of Zuzana and Mik meeting for the first time, but it's so stinking cute. She leaves him a treasure map that leads him on a night trip through Prague during a snowstorm. Karou gave her some scuppies to animate a puppet and do some other cool magical things. It's all puppets and magic and creepy gothic ar
karen
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okay, so this is just a perfect, sweet love story. and i don't usually go in for perfect, sweet love stories, but i loved these characters in the first two smoke & bone books, and here they are allowed to experience their first meeting and first kiss without any pesky tensions like supernatural war or death mucking it all up for them.

and it is so charming.

two sweet quirky kids finding love and magic in a snowstorm in prague. and there is cake! and it is written by laini taylor with all of
C.G. Drews
This news just in: THIS BOOK IS FREAKING GORGEOUS. So I brought the hardcover and like omgggg it's the most darn attractively beautifully put together book I've ever had the pleasure of devouring WITH MY EYES. I love Zuzana and this book was super cute and super fluffy. Which is weird considering most of Laini Taylor's books end in WAR. MONSTERS. GODS. DEATH. All things I love and appreciate.

But holy heck did I mention this book is BEAUTIFUL. Okay so what's inside is:
• when you take off the dus
Hannah Greendale

The electric thrill of young love and first kisses captured through a lens that spies a rabid fairy, a poison cafe, and enchanted marionettes.

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Evelyn (devours and digests words)
Shelves: love-love-love

I may be stricken with the forever in awe syndrome for this author goddess called Laini Taylor.

I didn’t expect to like this novella as much as I did the main trilogy but if it’s possible, I may have even liked this a bit more or perhaps just in a totally different category. While every book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series always has this bittersweet tone from beginning to end, this is purely sweet and adorable and thus the title is truly very fitting. (Jonnie, are you reading this? Th
Lola
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-story
This surprising, illustrated edition of the short story featuring Zuzana and her love interest as they gather their courage to admit their attraction to one another is a love letter and a gift to fans of the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE series.

It’s a better gift than the one Twilight fans got with the gender-reversal Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined ‘‘experience’’ that’s for sure. Living Zuzana and Mik’s first date through poetic writing and illustrations—by a great illustrator at that—is per
P
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“Life doesn't need magic to be magical.”

How sweet it is ! Zuzana and Mik are my favorite characters from Daughter and Smoke & Bone. Zuzana took a big part of the story and I wanted to see her being happy. And I finally got thier short story and catched up their love lives since the main series didn't mention them much.

Zuzana has a plan for Mik. If he truly wants her, he has to find her. This concept was kinda weird for me at first. But this was Laini Taylor ! And her book can't be simple.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
9/19/17: Got my beauteous hardback in the mail last week and forgot to post about it. DEFINITELY worth adding to the rest of the collection.

So in DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE, we know that Zuze is mackin' on Mik, and we know that they're together *waggles eyebrows* when Karou gets back from her gallivanting, but we don't know the details . . . here are the details . . .

It's told in dual POVs (which I love), and it opens with a (HILARIOUS) flashback into Zuzana and Karou's early friendship. Thi
Arah-Lynda
It was bound to happen at some point. I have never before acquired one of these books or companion books if you prefer. So why now? We are talking Laini Taylor here, goddess of words, high priestess of literary magic. And I needed a fix. It has been a long time since I finished The Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy and I had a deep hankering for more of this woman’s magic pen.

So enter Night of Cake & Puppets, which is really just a little novella about the night that Zuzana and Mik got
megs_bookrack
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Cute. Cute.

I really enjoyed this. Is it 'necessary' to read this for the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy? No, it's not necessary but if you have a heart and you like it to be happy then you should read this. Particularly if you loved Mik & Zuzana. They were my favorite characters in the trilogy so I was more than happy to come along on the night where it all began!
Stacia (the 2010 club)
You realize you can fall forever and never run out of stars.

4.5 stars. Magical. Magical. Magical. Laini Taylor is absolutely magical. Her words are beautiful, her characters are quirky, and I am in love with the atmospheric charm.

I want my own Night of Cake & Puppets.

Are you an adult who loves to read and chat about young adult books? Join us over in the Rated YA-MA group!

Christy
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

photo 928fd419-9cb3-40c4-bd28-047daf050c1e_zpsd0160b80.jpg

Laini Taylor’s writing is incredible. Beautiful and magical. And so is this novella.

Fans of her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series know Karou’s best friend Zuze. I loved her in the first two book so I was excited to read her novella. Zuze was great, but Mik’s pov made this novella for me!

photo 146c8da3-1e2e-4280-b185-81e5cb2b0456_zpsbbdaae3e.jpg

With the third book in the series coming out soon, I am glad I read this now. I am even more excited to jump back into this fantastical world! For those who haven’t read this series, I’m not even a huge fanta
Romie
That simply was the cutest thing ever. I think that's something we can all agree on.

I love Mik and Zuzana in the original trilogy so I was more than happy when I learned this story was a thing and that it was being published in physical form. I just knew I needed it.

It's the one story you need to read when you want something cute, adorable, fluffy, you name it. I needed more Mik and Zuzana in my life, I really wanted to know how they came to be an actual couple and they're goals. Honestly.

If Lai
Elise (TheBookishActress)
This is a purely sweet romance between Zuzana and Mik. That’s honestly it. And I absolutely loved it. It’s cute, it’s lovable, and it’s heartwarming.

While Daughter of Smoke and Bone is narrated in third person, Night of Cake and Puppets is told in first person. It’s a seamless transition for her, somehow. This woman really is incredibly talented.

My favorite part was the humorous narrative voice. Zuzana and Mik each have distinct voices, of course, but each are funny in their own ways.
Even if
Lona
If it wasn’t currently storming outside, I would go out on to my roof and shout to the world how much I love this book❤❤❤❤

I am now demanding that all books be as magical and as lovely and as wonderfully-innocent-but-still-insanely-swoon-worthy as this!

Also, I have always believed that books have ruined any chance at my finding love due the insane expectations it has given me, but this book is the final nail in the proverbial coffin (pretty sure that is where my cold, dark heart is hidden🤷🏼♀) But
Faye*
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet story! I’m rating this as what it is: a sweet little story within the Daughter of Smoke and Bones universe (and definitely not a standalone of its own!) and as that it was perfect. Even though Zuzana and Mik are one of those super cute couples, I was surprised at how much I loved them throughout the series, and that I did not find them annoying at all, which definitely speaks for Laini Taylor’s writing. Speaking of writing, it was beautiful and humorous and it just makes me ...more
Kimi
I mean it was cute... cute and insta-lovy and teenagery (not sure if that's a word but bear with me). I need more than that to be invested in a relationship. It was too easy, too cheesy too *insert word that rhymes* What I'm trying to say is that I didn't really care. There. I said it.

Ps: My friends are going to murder me in the comments. Send help.
Lyn
Oct 11, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I was on the verge of dying in agony when I was notified that the publication of the final book: "Daughter of Smoke and Bone : Dreams of Gods and Monsters" was moved to next year. Yes, next freaking year! (Can you believe that? Because I can't even!)
So I just found myself wandering outside for nowhere and just wanted to climb into my bed and cuddle the sh*t out of my blanket and basically sleep for a week so I never have to face this news again!
NO THANK YOU!

BUT not until Laini Taylor announ
☆☽Erica☾☆
OMMGGGGGGGG IM HAVING THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEART ATTACK

THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL I COULD CRYYYYYY

AGHHGHGHGHHHHHHH

Laini Taylor is such a brilliant and magical force of creativity. I want her to be constantly telling me bedtime stories and narrating my life and being my friend. GAH. HER WRITING IS SO PERFECT. I wish she would write a whole book from these characters' perspectives. It was just so WOW.

Whoever you are, you should totally read this. It will warm your soul.
Stacee
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is perfection.

Zuzana and Mik were some of my favorite parts of the original series and getting to see how the date happened was everything I could have wanted. The artwork was a fantastic addition and I can't wait to see the added pieces that weren't in the arc.

Now I reaaaaally want to reread DoSaB.

**Huge thanks to The Novl for providing the arc free of charge**
may ❀

Buddy read 3/5 (??? what are you doing to me??) with the honey nugget, Pragya ♡♡♡

Me rn:
description

There’s no better way to describe this book than
P E R F E C T I O N in its purest form.

I don’t want to find love I want to find whatever this is.

Night of Cake and Puppets is a hundred paged novella that honestly completes the breathtaking series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Giving us a glimpse into Zuzana and Mik and the crazies that follow, I am absolutely infatuated by these characters, this seri
Julie Zantopoulos
I can’t stand how much I loved Zuz in the trilogy but when I got to see her and Mik as their love story starts—swoon. Honestly, so damn cute. I adore Zuz and I’m thrilled she got a chance to tell a bit of her story. Such a sweet novella and I’m so happy I gave the audiobook a listen.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Review Edit: 12/20/13

I listened to the audio of this today just for fun and it was fantastic. I love Laini Taylor books on audio and this is no exception. The Voices for Zuzanna and Mik with accents were great. Just as good the second time through.

Original Review: 11/26/13

Laini Taylor I just love you. If you liked Zuzana in The Daughter of Smoke and Bone then this is a novella for you. It has the same beautiful language that Laini Taylor brings to all of her work and the zinginess that is Zuzana
Alyssa

Book 2.5 of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 12, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In this stand-alone companion to the New York Times bestselling Daughter of Smoke & Bone series comes the story of Mik and Zuzana's fantastical first date—as a gorgeously illustrated gift edition w
jade
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I loved this series. However, after finishing the other three books, I wanted a better closure than that unsettling feeling of melancholy under a brooding sky. I wished for a Laini Taylor book with less darkness. This book is the perfect answer to my wish. It's a romantic tale full of magic yet still down to earth and hilarious. I just feel incredibly lucky that I read this after the three books, thus finished my Laini Taylor experience on a high note.
Tatiana
What a pleasant surprise!
Buddy read with Ange

I have loved Zuzana from the very first book, she is such a fantastic character and I love the fact that no matter what happens she always has Karou's back. I can never get enough of strong female friendships and theirs has been a favourite since the beginning. I also completely and utterly adore Mik, it's so nice to come across a fictional guy who isn't an overbearing alpha who wants to control everything his girlfriend does. Mik couldn't be further from that if he tried, he
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
“What a lovely display of personhood. He's like a good book cover that grabs your gaze. Read me. I'm fun but smart. You won't be able to put me down.”

This was such a fun little short story. Zuzana was my favourite character from the trilogy. And this was just so snarky and cute and fun. I also find the romance between her and Mik a bit more believable than the one between Karou and Akiva, though I did like them as well in the end. Recommended for fans of the series.

“I have never in my life type
★ REREAD BECAUSE THIS IS THE PUREST SHORT STORY EVER!! i may not believe in love but i sure as hell believe in zuzana & mik

MY FEELINGS ARE A EUPHORIC MESS.
★ this was such a perfect mix of
1. cuteness
2. snowy, silvery nights
3. a handful of scuppies
4. a treasure hunt
5. a girl who's really a swirled ice-cream cone of good and evil
6. a violin boy who believes in peacock footprints

★ THEY'RE JUST SO PERFECT I CAN'T EVEN
can we just talk about carpe puella for a moment because i can't breathe
★ w
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns, #0.7)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grisha Verse, #0.5)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus Wars, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Gilded Ashes
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
Hi! I write fantasy books. My latest is STRANGE THE DREAMER, about a young librarian, a mythic lost city, and the half-human children of murdered gods. Check it out :-) Before that I wrote the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE trilogy, which has been translated into 32 languages. It's about a blue-haired art student raised by monsters, a broken angel, and a war that has raged for 1000 years in another ...more

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (3 books)
  • Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
“Life doesnt need magic to be magical.” 130 likes