Start by marking “Impossible Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Impossible Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #1)

Impossible Love (Unforeseen Destiny #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A surprise vacation that offers more than relaxation…

College Senior Kayla Cannon has a plan: obtain her R.N. license and begin the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. Focused on studies, Kayla has zero time for romance. And everything falls into place until she goes on vacation to Kauai, and tour guide, Kai Hale, keeps showing up with his swoon-worthy abs. Kayla’s perspecti
Published July 1st 2016 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Impossible Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impossible Love

Samantha
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 dreamy sigh stars. This is a book that rewarded me with a good read when taking a chance on an author new to me. I didn't know what to expect but Kimberly Readnour kept me engaged and entertained.

The story is new adult genre which means raging hormones, young stupidity and earnest love is most likely going to happen. The good news is it all happens strategically so it isn't overbearingly simple or immature. The hero and heroine are kind of different in their life approach with one living in K
Kayla Howarth
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: New adult readers, over 18s
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review***

Kimberly Readnour's debut romance novel is vastly different from her Mystical Encounters series. Aimed at a much older audience, it's a light and quick entertaining read.

Kayla is a bit uptight, a bit shy, and a bit to goody-two-shoes. It's cute how animated she gets over the Hawaiian setting.

Enter Kai. A bit of a manwhore but sweet where it counts most.

These two share an instant connection and seem to run into each other everywhere.

While th
Dawn West
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

Be still, my pitiful beating heart!

This book made me want to jump on a plane and rush off to an exotic island to find my own Kai. And I don't even like the beach!

Kayla is an ambitious, hardworking, and independent gal who hasn't had a lot of experience in matters of the heart (or body). When her mother surprises her with a trip to Kauai, a Hawaiian island, she prepares for some fun in the sun during her w
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

I didn’t like this one… I’m so sorry, because I really thought that a romance in Hawaii would be amazing, but it just didn’t work for me.

The writing was OK-ish, nothing stood out in either a good or bad way, though there were some repeated sentences that just didn’t make much sense to me at some points. Also, I need to say a word about the names… Kai and Kayla are way too similar =/.

My biggest problem here were the characters, I just couldn’t connect with either of them. I f
Patrick Hodges
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, romance, love
After reading Kimberly Readnour's excellent paranormal "Mystical Encounter" series, I was intrigued to see how she'd do by shifting gears into romance. I was not disappointed.

Kayla is a midwestern college student who travels to Hawaii with her mother as a last vacation before she has to get on with her life and her career. She's never really had time for relationships, and, in fact, isn't even looking. Foreshadowing!

What she doesn't count on is meeting Kai, a hunky Hawaiian tour guide who is so
Kimberly Readnour
Jun 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
 photo Sunset.jpg

I'm excited to debut my romance novel, Impossible Love. This story is much different than my other works, but I've wanted to write this book for a long time. Kauai is truly an inspiring place to visit. There isn't a day that passes that I don't think about that island, and I long to go back. The landmarks featured in the story are posted on my Facebook page. These are my personal pictures, so stop by and take a peek. Happy reading!
Pinky
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!!

This book has it all from love, mystery, friendship, happiness sadness, and wicked sex. I loved this book. The chemistry between Kayla and Kia was off the chart! What a ride this book takes you on

I highly recommend reading this book!
Bec
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, loved reading Kayla & Kai’s story. Made me laugh, cry and scream. Recommend to all
Ceres95
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A thing I love about this book is the setting, the story take place in Kauai and I really like that. The author is very good at describing a magical place like this one, I really believed I was there with Kayla and Kai. And now, I want to go there and see all the wonderful places she described.
I also like the characters, Kayla is young and naïve but she determined, she wants to be a nurse and she wants to lose her virginity to a person she love. I really like when Kimberly Readnour described he
Sherin
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Impossible Love is my first book by Kimberly Readnour and you can bet this wouldn't be my last. I loved the cover (yeah, I always check the cover before the description :P) ... and the description was interesting ... which had me picking up the book for reading.

First in the series Unforeseen Destiny, this is the journey of Kayla Cannon and Kai Hale, where Kayla is a college senior and Kai is a tourist guide during the day and playboy at night.

Kayla Cannon has plans about her career after her c
Eimear
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This was a wonderful read that had me crying and laughing.

I loved where the book was set. I definitely want to visit Hawaii someday and see everything Kayla saw.

I thought Kai and Kayla were wonderful together but I would have liked to have seen them talk more in the beginning instead of skipping straight to the physical attraction they both had for each other.

There are obvious clues from the beginning (the entire first chapter) a
Michelle MacQueen
This book is like taking a trip to Hawaii, except that when I go, I don't get to fall in love with a hottie tour guide. Sigh. Some people have all the luck.

Kayla is excited for the trip with her mother. A girls vacation after a long year at school. Only, her mother has ulterior motives, a secret she has yet to share. A secret that will turn Kayla's entire life upside down, changing her future for good.

Kai is everything you dream about on your vacation. But serious isn't in his nature and he do
Bethany
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sigh* This books makes me want to go to Hawaii and meet a sexy Kai. This was such a sweet story of love that kept me flipping the pages. I was so absorbed into it and this book reminded me why I loved romances. It pulls two people together who live in completely different parts of the country and proves that you can find your soulmate anywhere. Even on the water in Hawaii. I enjoyed Kai and Kayla's characters. Through this story, you witness how love can change people and make them stronger. Be ...more
Amber Proud
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***This book was provided by the author/publisher to Nerd Girl in exchange for an honest review***

This book was an intriguing and quick read. The author created a story that ranged from a basic vacation storyline to a steamy and explosive love affair!

In this story we follow Kayla a college student who travels to Hawaii with her mother for one last hoorah before she starts her life. What she didn't expect on her trip was to meet Kia. A man who is every woman's dream to encounter on a Hawaiian vac
Jess (The Cozy Reader) Kennedy
An enjoyable New Adult book.
As with any book with racy sex scenes some words come off as alarming. However, if felt that most X-rated words always came off as alarming, which made my reading experience somewhat unpleasant. I honestly think the book would have been much better if some of the more Adult words were not used. I say this because the main character, Kayla, came off as more of a teenager than an adult. Sure, she was 21 but she was a VERY inexperienced adult in many fashions. She portra
Michelle Bryan
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. I loved the Hawaii setting. I loved the characters of Kayla and Kai. I loved the writing, the story and the beautiful ending. As you can tell, I loved it all!

The realism in this book really struck a chord with me. Unlike so many other romances, this one quickly lets you know that not all love stories are filled with rainbows and roses. Some come with heartbreak, sorrow and tears. Sometimes tough decisions and compromises must be made if you want that HEA, but this book mak
Jennifer Dicenzo
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was so well written and just captured my attention from the very beginning and didn't let up until the end. There was everything with this book, emotion, heart, love, sadness, and sexiness. This book is what happens when a playboy from Hawaii (Kai) meets the girl from the mainland (Kayla) that would shock his world. Little do they realize how much they actually connected. But when push comes to shove, the reader will be happy with this connection. I was given an ARC of this ...more
Heather andrews
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I don't think Kai has ever had a woman cook for him, "Kai’s head whips toward me. “You cooked?” A sense of awe quickly masks his surprise." I really liked Kayla she kept Kai on his toes, “I know, but I want to. I want all my firsts to be with you. Well, except anal.” She scrunches her nose and shakes her head. “I don’t want to do that.” I about choke. Holy ****, I never know what’s going to come out of this girl’s mouth." I really liked this book I loved Kai.
Carrie
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I won this book from Goodreads Giveaways. Thank you. This book arrived in the mail today (well, technically yesterday). It's 1am and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Loved the story and the characters. Looking forward to the next book.
Konica
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
********I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review*****

Even though this book is Insta-love, I still enjoyed the characters Kai and Kayla. Towards the ending of the book was sad, but I thought this book was predictable. In the end, there was a HEA, I do love books with a happy ending.
Lori Stacher
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This story had it all, love, heartache, beautiful story of love and a beautiful place. I started reading and didn't put it down till I was finished.
Ian Hunter
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a heavy romance novel reader. The few I’ve read have ranged from good to pretty good. This one has been the best so far. For YA teen romance, particularly, it seems to hit the bullseye. The setup is good; the heroine has a juicy guy falling all over her in act one, but she can’t be bothered with looks alone. She’s searching for something more. So right away you know you’re in for more than lust in the dust and your typically shallow hookups. Stir in a trip to Kauai, with exotic island lo ...more
Natasha
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-like
Got this from Netgalley for honest review. From the blurb this book sounded so good, i had to read it but after reading a couple of chapters, it didn't do it justice. My expectations were quite high but if felt again a couple of books mashed together. The realationship between kayla and kai seemed way to fast, i haven't seen much of them as their own person. I loved the setting. a little disapointed

3/5
poppy
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book such a good read and i didnt want to put it down will definitely be reading more by this author recommended
dennis romanszysn
Nov 12, 2016
boisterous
Aug 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Kimberly Readnour lives in the Midwest with her husband, two children, and a very fluffy cat.

Visions, book one of the Mystical Encounters Series, is a #1 Amazon Kindle bestseller and a 2015 Readers' Favorite book award finalist. Her series, the Mystical Encounters, has spent many weeks on the Amazon's teen and young adult's mysteries and thrillers bestseller's lists.

Kimberly worked as a Registere
More about Kimberly Readnour

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)