Start by marking “48-Hour Start-up: From idea to launch in 1 weekend” as Want to Read:
48-Hour Start-up: From idea to launch in 1 weekend

48-Hour Start-up: From idea to launch in 1 weekend

Fraser Doherty’s 48-Hour Start-Up is your handy and essential cheat sheet to starting your own business giving the key steps for developing an idea and getting it to market quickly.

Almost everyone dreams of starting their own business but very few do. But what if it only had to be a decision of a weekend and it didn’t cost a fortune?

In 48-Hour Start-Up, Fraser Doherty uses
Published August 25th 2016 by Harper Thorsons

Toyin A
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

Fraser does a good job of taking the reader through his journey as an entrepreneur. I like how he differentiates between "wanterpreneurs" and entrepreneurs and how one can take the step from wishing to doing.

He provides a "cheat sheet" of ways to start up a business in a weekend or 48 hours. He list tools that can help facilitate the quick launch of a business venture you're passionate about.

Rating: 4/5

Favourite Quote: "The 48-Hour Start-Up is an experiment in focus. If you just devote all of yo
Ilana
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Useful tips aimed particularly to the middle to advanced entrepreneurs. Based on the author's extensive experience in the field of innovative ideas, it offers a tight schedule for launching a start-up, from idea to outsourcing and final launch. My observation is that somehow the budget part is not particularly covered, although in most cases for a speed start-up launch the budget is what you should start with. Without enough money most of the fast-forward objectives cannot be achieved in such a ...more
Rohit Patel
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is often a very big barrier to trying something new. Most of it is in our mind that comes down by a hands-on experience. Business is one such thing that for the once who have no exposure to it, through family business or any other way, might feel the same way about.
The book does a great job at showing that anyone can start a business and what matters is not if you succeed in your first attempt but that you make enough attempts that you eventually succeed. In the book, the author teaches yo
Anish Mooonka
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
It's a start; start into the business world!
Saretta
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, business-co
Recensione
Review

Fraser Doherty, giovanissimo ideatore di SuperJam, in questo libro propone i passi da seguire per creare una startup in 48 ore, a partire dall'ideazione di un prodotto per concludere con una sua primissima commercializzazione.

L'idea del libro è molto interessante, e il testo si rivela un manuale ricco di consigli utili per gli aspiranti imprenditori (oltre a presentare un elenco di riferimenti nella bibliografia finale), anche se il modello proposto si applica bene per alcune t
Jarika
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some of this seems a bit off... he says he called someone and told them he needed a package sent to him by tomorrow and that he got someone to make food recipes and shoot it all in the space 10-30 hours, given that he had burned through some time doing other things before that. That's a very, very quick turnaround, especially when the person he called is busy with their own brand. Makes my eyebrows go up a little.
Then he says things like, "I called the owners of Brand XYZ, and they gave me _____
Yk Chia
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shan  Shah
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
48 Hour Startup by Fraser Doherty

This book is actually for quick business setup, author explained his methods that can be helpful to start business as quick as possible.

He mentioned many techniques and tools to start a business, also with the startegies he used to start his own in 48 Hours.

The good thing about this book is that, the content is based on digital latest trends. As, i am already into digital field from many years. So, many of my concepts were clear like building website, app, domai
Alexandra Scarborough
This was a very concise and engaging read, provided by an experienced start-up guru who clearly knows how to create a new business from virtually one afternoon's brainstorming session. I doubt any of my business ideas could be launched in a mere two days, but Doherty makes room for that. However, his style and buoyant optimism makes one excited enough to try! I definitely plan to employ a number of his concepts and suggestions, as well utilize the helpful links he threads throughout the book (al ...more
Mary Hartshorn
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I liked this book a lot because it was filled with practical tips and useful information. I like how the author is candid about the mistakes that he made along the way, and how he tries to help you so that you don’t make the same mistakes. This is perfect for this individuals who want to start a business but have no clue where to begin.
Emil Bredahl
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it because it was so practical and useful. It was well organized and he highlighted countless of important issues to be aware of as you prepare to launch your own business. I liked his writing style, and i can definitely recommend this book to people that are interested in startup companies and the culture behind.
Abhishek Raj
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I strongly recommended to everyone who wants to start a business. I can give you one assuration that after reading you will be fare ahead in your business.take a look! give your carrier a new way & direction. writer share about his business from 1st day to becoming a brand. he also how to start your business, each step of it, how he did & how you should do.
Akshay Surana
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very informative book. Contains information we mostly know but forget to apply. This Book is great for entrepreneurs planning to launch a business. Important ideas and tips are collectively presented in an interesting manner.
Lina
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Despite knowing quite a bit about business I was feeling overwhelmed at the thought of starting my own company. Fraser did a great job of bringing everything back to basics and making everything feel manageable again.
Arun V
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice book. The very idea of a shorter time period of 48 hours enforces one to deliver the outcome timebound. Else one may continue to procrastinate and end up not deliver anything at all. Enjoyed reading it.
Lily
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short. Full of practical ideas. Good for those who want to try and start.
Anna Björklund
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fakta-livsstil
Mycket inspirerande och hur man på ett smart sätt startar eget på 48 timmar.
D.Prasanna Bhagwan
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
If you are brand new into business then it is good or else it is 3 hours light book. Most of it is known to people who are already into startup.
Ishaan
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You can't believe how much you can learn mainly about how to do many things sequentially and synergistically to make your brand.
Emmynotahotmail.Com
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun story about Jam Boy, loads of practical tips
Chirag
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A must read book for all aspiring entrepreneurs. It was full of actionable advice. 📓
Gio
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
What if you could set up a profitable business - create your products and sell it - in just two days? In the 48-Hour Start-up, Fraser Doherty, the young entrepreneur behind SuperJam, shows you exactly how to do it.

Doherty doesn't just tell you how he brought Superjam from his grandma's kitchen to big supermarket chains, building a multi-million dollar business in the process (he already did that in other book). Here, he distills the lessons he learned along the way in simple, easy-to-follow acti
Alexandros
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
one of the best startup books I've ever read. I will definitely follow every bit of advice in this book on my next project
Giovanni Cortellessa

• Idéal Standard
  • Fairies and Fireflies: Bedtime Stories
  • Wade's Wiggly Antlers
  • Engineered!: Engineering Design at Work
  • Random Illustrated Facts: A Collection of Curious, Weird, and Totally Not Boring Things to Know
  • A Fish Named Glub