Start by marking “Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)

Vicious

(Sinners of Saint #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  30,740 Ratings  ·  3,599 Reviews
Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. He is a brilliant lawyer. A skilled criminal. A beautiful liar. A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.

Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for m
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 339 pages
Published December 27th 2016 by LJ Shen

To ask other readers questions about Vicious, please sign up.
Anna It's the first in the series but this story has an ending, no cliffhanger.
Alison♊⚜️✨ No, in the flashbacks, she goes out with Dean and sleeps with him but in the present, the only person Emilia slept with in the novel is Vicious.

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5 Stars!!

I’m a big fan of this author and since I’ve read all of her books, let me tell you something – 'Vicious' is her best book to date. Leigh outdid herself with this story of hate, love and obsession. She managed to create such an intriguing, addictive read, blending the sweetness and sexiness perfectly. I was engrossed with this story from the very beginning and I couldn’t put it down for one minute. It was that good! Needless to say, 'Vicious' met all my expectations.

"I got to him. He w

Chantal ❤️
2 EVERYBODY LOVED IT BUT ME STARS

NO IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME!
Basically, this was me the entire book..
description

Well, I will freely admit that I am NOT the intended audience for this one. This is very clear to me now.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE SPOILER RANT BELOW!
To say I mostly hated this book would be putting it mildly.
It was very Young adult with physical abuse, verbal abuse, bullying, humiliation, random sexual hookup, and revenge f*cks on ex-boyfriend bed and blackmailing mom and pop and not to mention threate
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

When I first started seeing the fantastic reviews for this book from all of my friends, I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical. After all, I was one of the oddballs that didn't love 'Blood to Dust' like most of my friends did. I wasn't sure if maybe this just wasn't the author for me. Luckily for me, my curiosity won out.

While I may not have fallen in love with 'Blood to Dust', 'Vicious' was a fantastic read for me. This book had one of
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Vicious, (stand-alone) book 1 of X. A dysfunctional hate to love saga between the prodigal son & the hired help’s daughter!

“He was toxic, poison, and he was going to kill everything beautiful in my life if I let him. He was the storm to my cherry blossoms.”

Books in Sinner of Saint series are stand-alones:
Book 0.5: Defy
Book 1: Vicious
Book 2: Ruckus
Book 3: Scandalous
Book 4: Bane

I will write a better review with art after our Shh… reading challenge is over.

Vicious (stand-alone) is a
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

My obsession. My muse. My enemy.

It's official. L.J. Shen is a witch. How else could the woman possibly crawl inside my mind and create a story that seriously felt custom written for me?
Uber angst? Check!
Hot alphahole hero? Holy hell, CHECK!
A heroine that's the perfect blend of innocent but with a steel backbone? Check!
An enemies to lovers story that left me practically salivating? CHECK!
A sexual chemistry and a burn so good it makes you want to slap yo mama? CHECK!
An addicting, obses
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
Remember to follow all things messy. . .

img_8305 img_8308 img_8306 img_8307

Subcribe/Listen to my podcast

Pretty Mess Reading iTunes Podcast img_8732 img_8731 img_8735

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
4 STARS

Here’s the thing: anybody who knows me well, knows that cold and rude jerks are my thing.

In fiction, of course. In real life though...

And L.J. Shen creates awesome jerk heroes.

Because Vicious was....

VICIOUSLICIOUS.

Cold-hearted, arrogant, mean, rude, with a 'fuck off' vibe and a zero tolerance for anything and anybody. Not one redeeming quality, except for being hot.

In another word:

Contrary to some opinions that he did not redeem himself completely, I think he redeemed himself just fi
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 “Ask me what I want” STARS

description

Coming in just under the wire by just finishing this book on December 30th, this story is a last minute add to my favorite of the year’s list: VICIOUS!!! This book was fantastically written, intriguing, and sexy. This author NAILED the hate aspect and catapults this book with the likes of Bully and Corrupt yet she went the step further getting the full 5 Stars from me. The perfection was all in the manner in which she wrote the hero Baron ‘Vicious’ Spencer.

Vicious is
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦This is me logging in on GR to write up a review:

I got HOW many books to review??? I know, so dramatic.

➦But seriously, my "currently reading" folder should be renamed to "review me already, slowpoke"

➦I digress. All I'm gonna say about this book is that it's awesome and the hero is portrayed really well. He wears the douchebag badge with honor and almost until the very end.

➦Perhaps, in many ways he still remains a douche bag and that, in itself, is amazing to me because I still lurve him hard.
Christy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!

photo 20476071_10104027408438078_3791384740513181694_n_zpsyvkbcncc.jpg
“This is not a relationship. It’s two people fucking the obsession out of each other.”

For those of you that love a good enemies to lovers story, this book is pure gold. Vicious is the best kind of asshole. He and Emilia meet when they’re teenagers and they have a… complicated relationship.

Barron ‘Vicious’ Spencer runs All Saints High, along with his three best friends known as the HotHoles. He’s the most ruthless of them all. When Emilia LeBlanc moves into his family home (her
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When her parents took a job working for the Spencer family, Emilia LeBlanc was forced to live on the same premises as one of the rudest, over-privileged hot assholes at her new high school, Baron Spencer a.k.a. Vicious. In fact, he along with 3 of his best friends were known as the HotHoles of All Saints High. They were attractive, arrogant jerks that every girl wanted and every guy wanted to be. That made it all the more difficult for Emilia to find friends her senior year. Vicious didn’t lik
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!

What is it about L.J Shen's writing that makes me fall for these asshole Heroes? I honestly don't have an answer for it but whatever it is, I love it! I'm a sucker for an asshole Hero but Ms. Shen takes her jerks to a whole new level and somehow still makes me adore them. And the best part is that she doesn't change them throughout the story.

They start out as jerks and they stay jerks, and I know that may sound really strange but I love it. Vicious definitely had
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

It's no secret that I love to read about the super mean boys, and so when I realised that this book was about a hero with the nickname 'Vicious', I had high hopes that LJ Shen would deliver a fantastic enemies-to-lovers read that would tick all the boxes in what has to be one of my top themes.

For me, this one had it all, it starts off at High School, and finishes years later when they are both adults. Emilia is the daughter of the hired help, and Baron ‘Vicious’ Spencer is the
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
OW AND OM SPOILERS AND WARNINGS

(view spoiler)

For anyone who doesn't mind OW and OM this one is very hot right now on Kindle Unlimited go for it! I'll pass but a lot of my friends have LOVED this book!:

More on OW (other women) and OM (other man)

Isabella's review
Chantal's review

Note: For the purpose of m
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

VICIOUS: This is the first book I've read by this author, but by God the feels that come at you full throttle once you open that first page and inhale that first chapter are indescribable. This is Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' and flashes from 'Past to Present' effectively.

Rich boy, Poor girl (The help)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic My obsession...My muse...My enemy

(Aged Seventeen - PAST) A coming of age novel which kicks starts off in the past, ten years prior when Emilia LeBlanc’s family move in to the serv
Sunny
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me to everything LJ Shen writes:

The queen of assholes is back and Vicious is the new reigning king. I didn't think anything or anything could top Troy motherfucking Brennan, but my man Vic did just that.

Vicious ticked all my boxes: enemies to lovers, angsty plot, mean boy hero, and badass slash quirky heroine. LJ Shen is known for her addictive, smart, and sarcastic writing style, and though this was chock full of all of the above, Vicious was just so. much. more.

I love watching these charac
Roksana
I am really speechless here....I found myself repelled by the very immoral Vic...So here we have this guy with an innate disrespect for women and his self-indulged perception of himself. You can see that in the opening pages of him "practicing" his demoralized treatment of the heroine and his one-night stands: the disdain that he showed towards his casual pick-up and humiliation only reinforced the idea that "THIS WAS A PLOT DEVICE DESIGNED TO WIDEN MARGINALIZATION OF WOMEN AND UNDERMINE THEIR H ...more
Dilek VT
5, 10 or more stars!

This is such an amazing book but it is not for everyone.
And Vicious... this heartless and hateful bastard... he is not a hero for everyone...

How can I warn you... how can I explain?
Well, think of an as*hole character you have read in romance books.
Now multiply it with 10...
That’s him! That’s Baron Spenser, aka Vicious (a very well earned nickname). He can easily win this year's biggest as*hole award...

He will drive you crazy with what he does and thanks to dual point of v
Sophia Triad
Call me shallow, but I could not say no to this book cover.

Vicious. They are some people who are so dark inside, that sometimes you feel that they absorb all the light when they enter the room. Like black holes. They transform everything warm and sunny into something that resembles their misery.

Our main male character is like that. He has been torturing the love of his life, his favorite woman, his obsession and his savior since they were in high school.

Until the very end, I was not sure whethe
Paige
5+ "Obsessed" Stars

I'm obsessed. Vicious is obsessed. Emilia is obsessed. WE'RE ALL OBSESSED. And I LOVE IT.

LJ Shen is who I want to be when I grow up (Shhh. I know I'm a tad older than her but come on). She seriously continues to blow me away with her words, her wit, her ability to take a story and make me believe it all and her skill as she gets better each and every time she writes a book. This standalone in the Sinners of Saint Series is Ms. Shen's best work yet and I am absolutely droolin
Elizabeth
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I wanted to melt into him, but knew better than to give in to that temptation."
description

Vicious is the first of the Sinners of Saint Series, and he is one bad boy that certainly lives up to his name. This explosive contemporary romance is a dream for twisted romance fans! With the over the top plot and extreme circumstances of the characters, Vicious will keep you guessing the entire read.

description
"It happened. I fell under."
Vicious is a gorgeous boy living the life many people dream of. Fast friends, rockin
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"It was always fucking us and you know it”.

Addictive.

We all know that word. We say it for certain things that we find we can’t do without. This all consuming craving that borders on the point of insanity if you can’t get your next fix. This story was ADDICTIVE. These characters were ADDICTIVE. I was ADDICTED and I read this story so fast that my high was a crash and burn that I wasn’t prepared for. That’s what happens when you get Shend!( totally made that word up).

This au
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 perfect a**hole hero stars!

“He’d treated me horribly in the past, but right now…he brought color into my life."

Vicious is the story of Emilia and Vicious. In high school her parents worked for his family, and Vicious made her life a living hell. Now ten years later Emilia is living in New York when Vicious approaches her and offers her a job. She's not stupid, she knows there's more to this offer than he says there is, but Emilia is desperate and needs the money for her and her sister.
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 stars*****

“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets.

description

“Vicious” by L. J. Shen is the first book I have read in 2017 and what a great book to start out the year with. This is actually the first book I have read by this author and after having heard great things about her writing, I’m pleased to say I was not disappointed. I love a great enemy-to-lovers story, the sexual tension, the angst, the anticipati
Jen
4 Pink & Black Stars

He was perfectly imperfect. Flawlessly flawed. Most importantly— he was Vicious.

Yes to all of that!

This is going to be on the shorter side simply because so many wonderful reviews have already said what needs to be said. The writing is superb, the story is well developed and it managed to suck me in from the very beginning. The character development is deftly done and I loved how both their past and present relationship sort of unfolded over the course of the book. The V
Alex ♈
I've been warned.
But I wanted to know what's all this fuss about.
Reading this book is among top 10 things I regret doing in my life.
Worst book ever.
Worst male character ever.
Worst female character ever.

I have my pet peeves, and every one of us has. Tastes are different. They can say it's fine or not, but in this case everything about this story was wrong on many levels.
This book is against many rules of humanity.
If I gave it more than 1 star, I would have a feeling I support bullies, immoral
Coco.V
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
VICIOUS by L.J. Shen is my first read from this author AND my first read of the year! And what a read!!! This ennemies-to-lovers story gave me one hell of a book hangover and I could not put it down. Emilia and Baron’s love story is anything but a normal or ordinary one. You will love it or hate it, because there is nothing in between and at times it could be very unpleasant for some readers who do not take cold jerk hero lightly...:D Personally I was hooked from the very first page!
Full review
🦊 Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“I’m just not sure how you can be both nice and compassionate and a terrible asshole all at the same time,” I muttered.
He smiled. “It’s a hard job, but someone’s gotta do it.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I see you looking at the book name and thinking: “wait, didn’t Victoria Schwab write a book called vicious”. Yes, guys, she did wrote a book called Vicious, but next to the name and the revenge theme they don’t have anything in common.
First of all, this one is steamy as hell.
Puh, I was like 🔥🔥🔥 all the time.
Michelle
 photo Untitled1_zpspx0gpgq5.png

A sinfully intoxicating romance!!!! If you haven’t heard of L.J. Shen then I’m here to tell you, that you better get your one click fingers ready because Vicious is the book of 2017 that needs to be on your radar. Yes, L.J. Shen is a vicious woman indeed as she masterfully crafted a story that will having you begging for more. This book will consume you in such an insurmountable way that you will want your life to be consumed by the Four HotHoles of Todo Santos.

#Vicious

If you read the novella, Defy
Olga therebelreader
Vicious is my kind of writing and my kind of characters. This book is amazing. If it doesn't melt your heart, then my guess is that you don't have one. It is an intense, raw and passionate story about two people who need something that the other can give. Trust, acceptance and unconditional love.

I’m not going to go into the plot much because it’s already been done beautifully! This is a *falling in love with my bully* story. Emilia and Vicious are separated by social and economic status. Howeve
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜

Sinners of Saint (4 books)
  • Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2)
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
“I loved her when I hated her. And I loved her when I didn’t want anything to do with her. I was so crazy about her, the lines had blurred together. Feelings were mixed, emotions twisted together.” 45 likes
“You were always mine. -Black” 35 likes