Start by marking “The Dangers of Truffle Hunting” as Want to Read:
The Dangers of Truffle Hunting

The Dangers of Truffle Hunting

True desires will be unearthed … For readers of Zoe Foster-Blake, Candace Bushnell and Gourmet Traveller, a delightful sexy story that spans the Australian wine country, the French provinces and hip bars of Melbourne.

Is life too short to play it safe?

Kit Gossard's life is neatly mapped out. A secure photographic job. A partner ready to commit. A wedding in the family viney
Published December 19th 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Dangers of Truffle Hunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangers of Truffle Hunting

Cookie The Book Cat
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I loved every character, every flaw and every word. Two things I took away from this book is 1. To live your life and 2. Live your passion.

This one will make it to my favourites of 2017 list.
Bianca
I picked this book on a whim when I was at the library.

I read many books set in wineries. The Yarra Valley and Melbourne are the main two locations in this book. The protagonist of this novel is Kit Grossard, thirty, a food photographer, about to get married to Scott Baldwin, an up and coming industrial designer. As a keen photographer myself, I enjoyed the bits about photography.

When at her parents' estate, she runs into the new employee, Raph. I take it he was handsome, under all that manline
Kim Carmody
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Sunni Overend has written a fabulous debut novel with The Dangers of Truffle Hunting.

Set in the Yarra Valley and taking readers as far as Milan and the French provinces, the various settings provide a rich backdrop for what is an addictive, luxurious read.

Kit Gossard lives a seemingly charmed life, and yet as her wedding edges closer, she can't help but question if the path she's chosen is right for her. While ultimately a love story, I enjoyed following Kit on her journey of self exploration

Renee
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raw and real.
Sunni has a beautiful and unique voice. I haven't read anything else quite like this. I loved the contrast of the down to earth sibling relationship with the stilted mother-daughter relationship, then the romance - swoon. The food. The photography. I felt like I was there, seeing it all, and that's a huge thing for me because I struggle to visualise things.
Jodi
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
...Kit Gossard's life is neatly mapped out. A secure photographic Job. A partner ready to commit. A wedding in the family vineyard for her mother to preside over. So why the apprehension? Why a hunger for something... more?...

The Dangers of Truffle Hunting is the debut novel from Australian author Sunni Overend. Before you even read a word, you will fall in love with the gorgeous cover, and the words inside are just as beautiful.

Sunni Overend has delivered a sensual, seductive novel that will h
Elyse
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely and enjoyable book.
Mia Elizabeth
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My holiday read! I couldn't put it down :-)
Genevieve Gannon
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of THE DANGERS OF TRUFFLE HUNTING from HarperCollins Australia who also publish my books. This did not effect my review.

THE DANGERS OF TRUFFLE HUNTING is a moreish treat. Sumptuous, seductive and darkly funny, it pulls you in from page one.

Food photographer Kit Gossard - creative, passionate, messy - is preparing to marry her industrial designer fiance Scott Baldwin - precise, focused, orderly - when a trip to her family's winery in the south eastern corner o
Katie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book grabbed my attention from the get-go. Beautifully written: undoubtedly modern yet a through-back to classic Australian authors such as Miles Franklin, with how the landscapes are described. The characters came to life, the story had twists and turns that I didn't anticipate, and the way the book travelled through different settings was fantastic. Will be reading again!
Rick Liston
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was staring at me from the coffee table after my wife brought it home. I decided to pick it up and read the blurb. Yarra Valley... photography... truffles... I'll just have a quick flick through.... *reads entire book*... what just happened?
Sasha
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kit has the "perfect" job and fiancé on paper. She's silenced her true creative and passionate identity in order to fit in with other people's expectations - namely her critical mother, but learns to be true to her self. I loved the setting, characters and message in this book. The coincidence surrounding Raph's mother worked out a little too neatly in the story to feel realistic, but I can forgive the book that because it was enchanting and lovely. I loved her character, her dad, brother & ...more
Summer Land
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book made me HUNGRY! I wanted to drink good wine, eat amazing food and make sweet love to my hubby. It will take you from wine country in Australia all the way to a France and provide the perfect escape you need. Sunni is an excellent writer and will keep you glued!

I also loved the mother - daughter relationship as well as the main character's issues with marriage. This is an honest and empowering book! Total must read.
Steph Eisma
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Smashed it out over a few days and a sleepless night. Lots of romance.
Bec
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down! The perfect book to escape from reality with characters that i feel like i now know and love! Can't wait for this author to give me my next indulgence
Kerenza
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from start to finish! Great characters. And great setting (Yarra valley, Victoria australia everyone should visit!)

I'll be keeping an eye on this author!
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aww2018, 2018-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
The Dangers of Truffle Hunting is a viciously indulgent read, best enjoyed with a glass of fine wine and a plate of good food. Sunni Overend’s book reminds us of how life is too short to make unwise choices. Sometimes it is worth taking the risk and throwing caution into the wind!

The Dangers of Truffle Hunting introduces lead protagonist Kit Gossard. Kit has a keen eye for photography and food. She melds these two passions into the one career as a food desig
Jacki O'Neil
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its an engaging and interesting read. I highly recommend this novel!
Bree T
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the food channel and watching people cook and I also love reading books that feature food or revolve around it in some way. In this novel, Kit’s parents own vineyards and her father is planning on purchasing the land next door where he has been cultivating crops for a new venture. Kit is a food photographer but she seems to have been pushed into this sort of work by her fiance Scott, who is seen as very “steady” and “stable”. He designs/creates furniture and doesn’t give Kit the sort of p ...more
Kelli
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The Dangers of Truffle Hunting didn't disappoint. While the story sometimes required the suspension of disbelief (this is fiction after all); the desires, needs and emotions of the characters were true blue. I found Kit's journey of self discovery and awakening inspiring. The Dangers of Truffle Hunting isn't Mills and Boon. Phah. I loved this book.
Michelle Ungar
Feb 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
don't know why I even finished this book
some good characters - I enjoyed the cooking school part
but too much angst and mixed emotions repeated over and over and over....... again!
Meg Collins
This would make for a great summer read for most, but the story didn't grab me. A great shame because I liked how modern everything felt from the food styling to Kit listening to TED Talks in her car. I'd imagine every character would have an awesome Instagram feed.

To put it simply: a contemporary take on chick-lit full of good food and wine that falls short of a decent story.
Edwina
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought it was hard to get into but all in all a sweet book, would be a great movie.
Andrea
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Finally finished the danger of truffle hunting by Sunni Overend...and I was not a fan. I found the storyline and writing very weak and basic. I felt at times the author was a bit all over the place. I get she’s trying for a steamy romance to get our panties in a twist, but I could get interested or invested in any of the main characters. Just wasn’t my cup of tea. More character development and set up needed to happen I think. It was just all over the place.
Lorraine Lipman
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Could have been published by Mills & Boon. Totally forgettable plot.
marlin1

Kit Gossard seems to have it all. A successful freelance photographer with the offer to be permanent staff on the high end 'Hamper' food magazine, a stable relationship with up and coming industrial designer Scott Baldwin and her family owns successful vineyards in the Yarra and Barossa Valley. So why is it that when she meets the new vineyard worker Raph, her world is turned upside down? It's Raph that awakens her senses to new things even though there is no relationship, just being in
Sue Gerhardt Griffiths

It took me a little while to get comfortable with this book but before long I settled into this sparkling, hot and tangy tale, and nearing the end a sprinkling of spice is thrown into this nicely seasoned story.

An easy (and terrific) read for those times you need something light and frivolous.

*Book ‘o’ of the a-z author challenge 2018

Paula Vince
This is a bit like the book form of an Epicurean feast. The main theme is that life is too short for self-denial, when it comes to those sensual things that make it worth living - and that obeying social cues isn't always as sensible as it may sound.

Kit Gossard's pressure to conform comes from all areas of her life, work, family and romantic. She's a food photographer who works for an elegant, minimalist magazine, and hides her desire to take more decadent, elemental photos. Her mother always cr
Georgie
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and escapist as well as well written and real. If you’re looking for by-the-numbers “chick lit” this isn’t for you but if you’re after a fun, foodie, millennial tale that’s full of design and great banter, you’ll love The Dangers.
Claudia
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Melbourne? Food? Wine? Count me in! This book was right up my alley and I did think it was well-written and really interesting. However, I wasn't invested in the main characters. Other characters? Sure, Marc, Piper and Kit's parents were interesting, well-rounded people. Even Scott (the pretentious wanker) was someone who I could imagine existing. However Kit and Raph were like shadows of people. I can't even find the words to describe Kit as I found her so bland and lacking a personality. She w ...more
Natalie Willis
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absoloutley LOVED this book! It had me feeling all sorts... This book made me laugh, frown, smile and even tear up a bit.
From reading others' reviews - a few people have said there is too much swearing & that the swearing gets too much aand overloaded throughout the book..... I however, feel that the swearing in this wonderful book was placed perfectly. Each 'fuck' was exactly where it needed to be. For me it made it easier for me to relate with the book in a way. I dont swear often, but
« previous 1 3 next »

• Heart of the Valley
  • The Secret Ingredient
  • North Star
  • Ryders Ridge
  • Burning Lies (Border Watch #3)
  • The Girl in the Hard Hat
  • A Stranger in My Street
  • Queen of the Road
  • Brumby's Run (The Wild Australia Stories #1)
  • The Road Home
  • Bella's Run
  • Stand-In Star
  • Last Summer
  • Zoe's Muster
  • Daughter of Mine
  • The Secret Diary of Lady Catherine Bexley
  • Wish
Sunni Overend is a graphic design graduate, and the daughter of the late, award-winning children’s author Jenni Overend. Sunni worked briefly in creative advertising before building an online fashion store and concurrently wrote several contemporary fiction manuscripts. In 2015 she signed a two-book deal with HarperCollins Publishers and now lives with her architect husband in Melbourne where she ...more