Start by marking “Young and Slim for Life: 10 Essential Steps to Achieve Total Vitality and Kick-Start Weight Loss That Lasts” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Are you tired of feeling worn out, sick, and overweight?

Why is it that we experience weight gain, fatigue, aches and pains, illnesses, and memory loss as we get older? While these ailments do become more common in our 30s and 40s, they aren’t inevitable. In fact, we are perfectly capable of remaining young, slim, and vigorous—and our brains can absolutely stay clear and sh
Published January 3rd 2017 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Young and Slim for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young and Slim for Life

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Young and Slim for Life: 10 Essential Steps to Achieve Total Vitality and Kick-Start Weight Loss That Lasts
Alicia Bayer
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is basically the same book as another published a year earlier under a different publisher, so I'm putting my review in both versions.

This book does have some good information, especially if you are new to topics like gut health, healthy bacteria, etc. but there are some serious drawbacks that will make it hard for most people to follow. The author goes into detail about lots of different culprits in the way many people develop fatigue and gain weight midlife. He points out the way many foo
Jess Macallan
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nutrition-health
I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Dr. Lipman is one of my favorite wellness experts, and this book was exactly what I expect from him: comprehensive but accessible information, well-researched advice that takes the entire person into consideration, and a 2-week plan to turn your health around.

A few things I loved about the book: The concept of ubuntu was new to me, but I like how he incorporated it into the book. I also liked the
Sherin
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading about Dr. Frank Lipman, I decided to give this book a shot when I saw it on Net Galley. I was very glad when my request was approved and started reading this book right away.

It is one of the most comprehensive, practical and straightforward guide to lose weight and keep it off, without opting for drastic and unhealthy measures, but more of a lifestyle change that one can incorporate for life.

I liked his suggestions and method of combining different medicine streams for bringing a
Shelley
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The first half of this book explains who the author is and why your body reacts to food the way it does, as well is all the essential parts a body needs to be healthy. The second half of the book is the actual diet plan.

Reading the first half I kept thinking to myself, "Oh my goodness, this is me!" so I was really excited to get into the meat of the diet. However I will say that once I read the program I wasn't s
Alana
Lauren Curley
Aug 06, 2018
Nate
Dec 21, 2018
A pioneer in the integrative medicine, Dr Frank Lipman is the founder and director of Eleven-Eleven Wellness Center in New York City, where his personal blend of Western and other medicinal approaches, has helped thousands of people recover their energy and zest for life.

Initially skeptical of any non-traditional approaches to medicine, Lipman had an epiphany during a period of training in the Sou

News & Interviews