Start by marking “Spark & Blaze (A Guns & Hoses Novel)” as Want to Read:
Spark & Blaze (A Guns & Hoses Novel)

Spark & Blaze

(Guns & Hoses Universe)

Brett Malone has been working for Tampa Fire Department for over three years and the last thing he needs or wants is a rookie who can’t follow orders on a scene. He doesn’t need to be attracted to the rookie either, especially since his closet door at work is firmly welded shut.

All Evan Carmichael ever wanted to be was a fireman. He graduated top of his class at the Fire
Published July 2nd 2016 by Wench Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Spark & Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spark & Blaze

Start your review of Spark & Blaze (A Guns & Hoses Novel)
Gigi
While I did not enjoy the first book in this series, I'm a sucker for a firefighter book and needed to give this one a try.

A couple points I made in my update statuses:

1. Brett has an emerald green Camero with a black racing strip and... a pool cue that match. *side-eye*

2. On page kinky flashback sex with current MC Brett and the MC from book 1, Tig who is now with Flame. *did not enjoy*

3. Not a lot of romance here.
There was no reason to be so out of sorts when it came to the good-looking
Nat ReadingAllNite
FREE on Amazon today (11/17/2019)! ...more
Tammy
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-read
I only gave this 3 stars because it was hard for me to buy the I'm straight to we're boy friends now after one night and not even a little freak out involved.
Daniel Mitton
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews with a copy provided by the publisher / author for an honest review. Rated 4.5 out of 5.0 Love Bytes.)

I can’t decide if my favorite series from this lady is this Guns & Hoses series or her Mad Dogs series. But it doesn’t matter, because I jump the minute one comes out in either series! I really enjoy her writing style and characters.

In this latest installment, Spark & Blaze, we are back once again with our familiar characters from the series,
AyoDollFace
This book was a 2 star for me. These men started out fighting while on the job which is all kinds of wrong because they are firemen in the middle of an actual FIRE. I also wasn't feeling the chemistry from these two MCs, plus I wanted to shoot myself every time Brett thought about his iron clad closet door that was welded shut or when Evan kept stating he wasn't gay... What I also didn't understand was Brett had mentioned to T that he didn't bottom but then describes himself as a pushy bottom. ...more
Nic
I enjoyed this story because I like/love stories with firefighters. It was slightly predictable and a touch insta-lovey but I still liked the characters and found it to be a very quick read. I struggled a little with the head-hopping but once I'd resigned myself to accepting it, relaxed into it.
3.5 stars for those hot fireman.
Bitchie
Jul 06, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
I *might* come back to this. The editing wasn't great, and the headhopping was horrible! Where it lost me, though, was the extended memory of MC 1 and what I'm guessing was an MC in a previous book. I don't need to see that!
Mia
In true Brenda fashion she uses too much of his partner, his lover et.c. (I don't really remember the exact words she uses, since I've read a few more books of hers after this one) instead of their names and sooo much of them when their not needed. And it jumps from one to another pov in a flash. It feels like she changes it in every sentence.

I read it as an audiobook and what I remember of him is that he wasn't good at all. But that goes for all of her books I've read so far. But I try to judge
Ottilee B.
More FIREMEN!!!

This was a GR8 story! It reminded me of the original in this series, GUNS & HOSES. I love reading about Evan and Brett's feelings for each other. And the psycho!? Wow-- interesting.
Katherine
I like the journey of discovery one hero takes in this book, but found the stalker plot tiresome. I wonder how the story would have gone without it.

Bought as part of audible escape package.
Jes Jester
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole! Smoking frickin hawt!
Angela Goodrich
Spark & Blaze is another great addition to the Guns & Hoses Universe. While their animosity for one another is not as long-lived as Tig and Flame’s was, Brett and Evan get off on the wrong foot almost immediately when Evan joins the Tampa Fire Department (TFD), and there is no love lost between the rookie and his partner, Brett. Although I wouldn’t describe this as an enemies-to-lovers romance, it’s certainly not love at first sight or even lust at first sight because not only is Brett ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Spark and Blaze sees us back in Tampa with Brenda’s crazy firemen and this time it’s the turn of the experienced Brett Malone and the new rookie Evan Carmichael. This pair do not hit it off straight away!

Brett still pretty much hides his sexuality from everyone especially at work. Even though Flame came out last year when he got together with Tigger and the firehouse supports him Brett is still scared of people’s reactions. He doesn’t spend a lot of time
LWM
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

LIKES:
+ The excruciating, drawn-out build-up to Brett's & Evan's inevitable crash & burn.
+ How explosively yet naturally they finally give in to their mutual attraction.
+ All the equally attractive, built, HOT, and SEXY co-stars/supporting characters who either work with or know Evan & Brett.
+ The engaging writing style, flow, and rhythm of a gifted writer - I had to finish reading this piece in one sitting!

DISLIKES:
- Better transitions between scenes, chapters
JR
Brett has a new partner. That would be okay, but he's a rookie and it's not going well. Evan has always wanted to be a firefighter. His dream has turned into a nightmare when his partner is not welcoming or nice to work with.

I have probably done myself a disservice by not having read any of the other books in the series, but it still stands alone. I enjoyed the story, but would have liked a little more character development. If you are looking for lots of hot sex, this has it. It's a good way
Aethena Drake
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bsv
Decent read. Could use a little more editing.

The first two books in the series were great. This one felt a little rushed.

Everyone is guilty of reusing certain words and phrases when they write. However, I would red line the word however for this entire book. The sentences stand on their own without the word.

Spark & Blaze is worth the read if you liked the first two books in the series. I like the exploration of the different types of relationships in each book, and I would like to see the
Karen
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was well written and quite enjoyable. It might not be everyone's choice but I felt it worked for me. I never buy a book or watch a movie or even eat at a restaurant just because of review. Everyone has different ideas and tastes and feeling. If we all agreed about everything this world would be a boring place. I am looking forward to what this author writes next.
Deirdre Ellison
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Brett and Evan had excellent chemistry,and there was just the right amount of angst and a good storyline. I loved reading about Tig and Flame again. I fell in love with them in Guns & Hoses. The only negative was some editing issues, but it did not take away from the story.
John-Torleif  Harris
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scary stalker triggers in this book

I enjoyed the story between Evan and Brett, but the timing of their relationship was unreasonably fast. The fact that this whole book happens in less than two weeks, while technically possible, just didn't seem realistic. The escalation of the stalkers activities did feel real and would be a trigger for anyone sensitive to that.
Dennis
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Spark & Blaze

Seeing the characters are both firemen the title is appropriate. But of course that's not the only reason. Sparks are flying between Brett and Evan and not just for work.
Dara Nelson
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Talk about a three alarm fire. I loved the struggles in this book, I loved the strength, I loved the support and holy moly I loved the heat. Highly recommend.
Carla Hamilton
Blain Diehl
Nov 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • A Baby for Christmas (Oceanport Omegas, #6)
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Better Not Pout
  • NoX
  • The Vampire's Dinner
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • After the Scrum
  • Switched
  • The Mercenary's Mate (Blue Solace #1)
  • Right Back Where (Welcome to Alvarado, #1)
  • Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)
  • Heat Seeking Alpha (Omega for Hire #2)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Circle of Trust (Genesis Circle, #2)
Brenda is an Amazon and ARe best-selling author and resides in Tampa, FL with her husband, six cats, a dog, a turtle named Tammy, and a rabbit named Alice. She is active in the Tampa Bay GLBT, kink, & leather communities, and the owner of Florida Leather & Fetish Pride Weekend event which includes a Mr. & Ms. title contest.
When not putting the voices in her head on paper, Brenda is

Guns & Hoses Universe (5 books)
  • Guns & Hoses
  • Shattered Illusions (Shadows, #5)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Then & Forever (A Guns & Hoses Novel)