Start by marking “Just an Illusion - Unplugged (The Illusion, #4)” as Want to Read:
Just an Illusion - Unplugged (The Illusion, #4)

Just an Illusion - Unplugged

(The Illusion #4)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  227 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Coming Feb 14th, 2018.

Sawyer Weston is cocky and arrogant. With his sinful smile and sexy dimples, he’s gotten his way most of his life. Infamous for his one-night stands and moves between the sheets, the lead singer for Bastards and Dangerous has never considered relationships—until he meets her.

With her curvy body, sarcastic mouth, and uncanny ability to put Sawyer in hi
Published February 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Just an Illusion - Unplugged, please sign up.
D. Kelly Sorry Kristy! I just saw this message. Yes the book will be out on Feb. 14th. It is currently available for pre-order on BN, Kobo, and iBooks :)

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****5 ROCK STARS*****

Just An Illusion – Unplugged by D. Kelly is what we have all been waiting for – Sawyer’s story. I knew it would be painfully beautiful, reading Sawyer’s words but I wasn’t as prepared for the emotions as I thought I would be.

Even though being a twin had its annoyances at times, I’d never trade it for the world… Being half of Noah and Sawyer was my entire life…No one in the world knew me as completely as Noah did and vice versa. – Sawyer

What had me in my feelings the mos
bookbruin
description

Finally getting Sawyer's thoughts and feelings was everything I hoped for and more. We fell in love with him and the entire Weston and Bastards and Dangerous family throughout the Just An Illusion series, but seeing all the events play out through his eyes is the icing on the cake. Unplugged is not a stand alone and should only be read after enjoying the previous 3 books in the series.

Even though there aren't truly new events in this book, it isn't simply a recap of the prior books either. We ge
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
A beautiful man with a beautiful, bruised heart…

I don’t know how I survived book three in this series but this follow up, more like a prequel, filled all the painful cracks left behind….

“Often wondered how my life would be different if I’d been born first.”

Sawyer and Noah were twins and shared so much in their lives. Most was good, lots of it great, but there were times when the brothers, best friends through life, didn’t like each other very much. Music, business and love would interfere in t
D. Kelly
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Just an Illusion - Unplugged releases 2/14/18
Want to be sure you get your copy when it goes live?
You can pre-order now on the following retailers.
*Be sure you've read Just an Illusion -Side A, The B Side, and EP before reading Unplugged.*
iBooks - http://apple.co/2ygBWyz
Three Chicks
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I loved this series and could not wait for this book. I loved Noah but I really really loved Sawyer. There was just something about the bad boy rocker who was in love with his brother’s girl. We never got to see his point of view in the series but you just knew how much he felt for Mel, but also how much his relationship with his brother meant to him.

Unplugged digs deeper into his feelings and that is what I loved. I loved that we get to see just how deep his feelin
LaDonna
The Just An Illusion original trilogy topped my 2017 reading list, and my all time tissue killing list. (Note:. These must be read before this book.). I have been anxiously awaiting this first book in Sawyer's duet, and it did not disappoint.

Just because you think you know the story, it really isn't complete without Sawyer's view point. And there are plenty of surprises along the way. I won't give spoilers, but one friendship in particular we didn't really know about was particularly endearing.

T
Shannon
I LOVE Sawyer!!!

This series is by far one of my favorites across the board. These characters are EVERYTHING!!! This story is a beautiful reflection of the the true strenth of the bond that can exist between friends and family. There is so so much love and loyalty and protection amongst this group of people that you cannot help but want to be a part of what they all shared.

Sawyer and Noah's bond as twins and friends was truly remarkable. Both were so in tune with their feelings and their ability
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
So even though I've read the series, reading this book still felt like I was reading for the first time. Reading this book brings a whole new perspective to the story from Sawyers PoV. This was an emotional read, beautiful yet heartbreaking for Sawyer, having the opportunity to revisit these stories through Sawyers experience has been a bit of a rollercoaster of a journey.
It's a wonderful instalment that has been a particularly emotionally evocative experience...a perfect ending for the series.
Misti Sonntag
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Don’t read this unless you’ve read the previous books in this series*

Ok I wasn’t sure how this book was going to play out. One, because Dee warned us it was everything we had already read but in Sawyers eyes. And well I’m not big on rereading the same book cause I want more! Ya know? (unless it’s for the purpose of rereading the same book) And two, because I knew I would probably cry my eyes out again.
Well well well ladies let me tell you. This book is everything. I have always been #TeamSawye
Liz
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Illusion series is one of my most favorite series ever. I laughed, cried, swooned and had my heart broken and it was all worth it. This series was everything. Now, now we finally get Sawyer's side of things and let me tell you, if you thought you knew this story, you don't.

Sawyer is such an amazing man. He was such a jerk at times and so full of himself, but that was more of a self-defense in not letting others in. Because Sawyer, Sawyer was so much more. He was a man with many layers that
Doris
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How can you improve on profection? Well, you have Dee Kelly write a book from Sawyer’s point of view and boy does she knock it out of the park! For anyone who has followed Just an Illusion series you are going to see our favorite bad boy, Sawyer and his take on anything BAD, Noah and Mel. It’s a great read that even though, you know how the story of Noah and Mel goes (tear, tear) it’s great to see it from Sawyer’s prospective. There is no question I’ll be waiting on pins and needles for the seco ...more
B
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this book thinking it will just be the same as the first three since technically it's the same story and we know how it ends. I loved the first three books but reading it from Sawyer's point of view is amazing. We see the true relationship between Sawyer and Noah, Sawyer and Belle, Sawyer and "Princess", Sawyer and the rest of the band. It truly is an emotional book but I loved every bit of it. I also like how Dee didnt make Noah a bad person in Sawyer's book. They are both wonderful b ...more
Crissy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book just made me realize why I fell in love with this series to begin with, not that it's hard to remember. This author knows how to give you a story that will make you FEEL because even though I know what happens, this one still had my heart racing. I loved getting Sawyer's perspective on how he was feeling and dealing with everything concerning Noah and Mel. I absolutely loved reading about these characters again and this book made me miss Noah even more. However, I'm so happy that ...more
Pam
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
I chose to not reread Side A or B before reading Unplugged. Although everything in Unplugged is familiar, it still feels like a whole new book. Some snippets of conversation are repeated, but not enough to feel repetitive or to get bored. I enjoyed getting Sawyer’s POV. I loved seeing the friendship between him and Belle develop. This book was not nearly as emotional as the other books, but my eyes kept welling up at thoughts of future events. I can’t wait to get the rest of Sawyer’s POV.
Karie Gibson
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got so lost in this story. I loved getting to read about Sawyer's side of everything that went on. It gave me a whole new perspective for the entire series. It also made me love Sawyer's character even more. This has to be the best series I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
Karen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I've been with this series since the beginning, and with each book, I love them more and more. I dig that Dee is continuing with the "book within a book" format. It works so well, and allows the conceit of fast forwarding and rewinding the story whenever necessary.

This is Sawyer's perspective on the events that occurred in the original trilogy. I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret... Sawyer is my favorite character, so Unplugged is a special treat for me.

Sawyer is adapting his journals into boo
Sheila'S Book Corner
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

From the beginning I have been #TeamWeston and always will be! Sawyer always showed a different facade to everyone but if with that you fell for him, prepare to fall deeper and be the only one for you. This book is not about Noah but you get a lot of his story, it was so heartbreaking reading about Noah’s and Sawyer’s relationship from Sawyer’s POV. From the moment they had their first difference we knew there was going to be a big heartbreak, they being twins makes everything stronger, even the
EscapeNBooks
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just An Illusion - Unplugged by D. Kelly is book four in Athens Illusion series. It is not a standalone, and should only be read after reading.

“One day you’re going to meet someone who makes you question everything you thought about yourself. I can’t wait to see it happen and watch you learn to let someone into your world.”

You know that feeling you get when it’s the end of a long day and you can finally sink into your familiar and comfy bed, snuggle into your warm blankets, and lay your head on
☆Tweety ☆
When I finished reading the whole "Just an Illusion" series, I was deeply sad that it ended but happy that I loved how it ended. I was a tad skeptic about a book from Sawyer's perspective because I didn't want more drama for him, despite he was my favorite character. After reading Unplugged, I think we all needed a book from his POV. You need to read the series first before diving into this book, otherwise you'll be spoiled about what happens in the plot.

"Just an Illusion - Unplugged" is told fr
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have not read the previous 3 books in this series, STOP NOW! Go back and read those first! You MUST read those in order to truly understand and appreciate this story.

Now that I've scared off those that haven't read, read on to those that have.

This is the story but from Sawyer's POV. You can't even say same story because you get Sawyer's unique perspective on the events and Mel and Noah and just everything in only a way Sawyer tells it. I didn't realize that I had some questions lingerin
Jackie Wright
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a few days ago but I really needed time to get my head around what a amazing book this is, I needed to try and put words on paper in the hope that my review does it justice. This is book four and it’s Noah, Mel and Sawyers story told from Sawyers POV and even though i knew the story D.Kelly has such a way with words she make you feel like this is a completely new story to fall in love with and fall in love I did, all over again. I always saw Sawyer as the bad boy of rock and ...more
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
The Illusion series from Sawyer POV. Please don't read this book if you haven't read the series from the start.

This is everything we were waiting for. Sawyer POV about what happened in their lives and the way he felt. Truly emotional, it's hard to relive everything again, in a way you know what happened but with more insight. A journey to the past. Old wounds come back to open and although you are expecting it, there is so much more to know and amaze you!

If you haven't loved Sawyer yet, you will
Gayle
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read and loved Just an Illusion Sides A, B & EP, I wasn’t sure what to expect from Unplugged. I knew it was from Sawyer’s perspective but wasn’t sure if it was running to the same timeline as the other books and just putting it in his words. Well I couldn’t have been more wrong! It’s fresh and sexy, with great development of most characters. We get to know and love Sawyer, for more than just his bad boy persona. Plus anyone who doubted why Mel and Sawyer got together, will get their r ...more
Jamie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Must read previous books before this one**

Ahh! I love Sawyer so much! This book was every #teamsawyer members dream story. A chance to relive their relationship through his POV. I liked meeting more of his inner circle this time around and learning why he acted a certain way during moments. I can't stress enough how this book brings back so many feelings and yet creates new ones! I must read for sure!
Konny
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And here is another WINNER by D. Kelly !!

Just an Illusion - Unplugged is the fourth book in The Illusion Series by the outstanding and incredibly talented author D. Kelly. I read and loved the previous books and this one is no exception.
Just an Illusion - Unplugged tells the story of Noah, Mel and Sawyer from Sawyers POV. And let me tell you, it was very enlightening. Reading the other books I thought of Sawyer as shallow, a player and without deep feelings. But thats not the truth. He isnt the
Colleen
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
....When I got the ARC, I posted using the hashtag "TheresProbablyGonnaBeTears" (among others)... and Dee said "Maybe no tears this time".

She was wrong.

Maybe it's just me, though.. because I was ALWAYS #TeamSawyer.. so, seeing so much of what Sawyer thought/felt "behind the scenes" was just heartbreaking... and reading about Noah's plans for the future and talk about "a life worth living" was even worse.

Lmeyer74
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a follow up book to the Just an Illusion series. SO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THEM STOP RIGHT NOW GO READ THOSE FIRST. Sawyer has decided to take his journals and make them into a book for Nate and his and Amelia's children so they will know about there dad and uncle. You can feel every emotion he was feeling with this book. I'm proud to say I didn't cry once though. Dee knocked it out of the park again with Sawyers story and how he felt about Mel from the beginning and also his love for Noah ...more
Diane
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Shelves: arc
***First, it should be noted that as this review is regarding the fourth book in a series it may contain spoilers. I have tried extremely hard not to post any BUT you should read the books in order:

Just an Illusion - Side A
Just an Illusion - The B Side
Just an Illusion - EP
Just an Illusion - Unplugged

Having recently finished the first three books in the Just an Illusion series, I knew to expect certain things before I even picked up this story. What I didn't expect was to read a story that was so
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
The Illusion Trilogy by D. Kelly is one of the best trilogies I have ever read. I loved every word, every emotion, every moment I spend reading it. Even so, I was not prepared for Unplugged. The thing is I basically know what is going to happen, as this is Sawyer’s point of view, but getting his thoughts, feelings and emotions during this time was heartbreaking. I also loved seeing other moments with the entire gang we did not get in the original trilogy.

I must admit up front, I loved Noah, I r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

The Illusion (4 books)
  • Just an Illusion - Side A  (The Illusion, #1)
  • Just an Illusion - The B Side (The Illusion, #2)
  • Just an Illusion - EP (The Illusion, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)