Start by marking “Shattered (Open Heart #2)” as Want to Read:
Shattered (Open Heart #2)

Shattered (Open Heart #2)

Mishca needs to save her sisters, but only Ryder can save her.

The truth about Mishca’s past shattered her heart. She deals with the pain by focusing on a new mission: saving her newfound family from their creator. With her sisters scheduled for termination, Mishca and her friends set out on a journey up the North Queensland Coast to save them before someone else dies.

Ryde
Published September 2016 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

Cassandra Page
In the interests of full disclosure, I was part of the book launch for Shattered at the start of the month; Sharon is also part of the Aussie Owned and Read blogging team that I'm a part of.

I originally read the first book in the series when it was published under another name by a different small press; it had a not-quite-cliffhanger-y ending, and I had to wait for years for the sequel. (Not quite a GRRM number of years, mind you, but still an inconvenient amount of time!) I was delighted to se
Debra Jones
Oct 04, 2016 Debra Jones rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Open Heart Novel series. And it is great! This book picked up where the first one left off. Mishca is hunting for her clone sisters and trying to beat the evil clone sister that is trying to find them and kill them. Mishca wants to save them. There is a lot of things in this book that makes you guessing what happens next wrongly. This book is very well written and I can't wait until the 3rd one comes out!!
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest re
Erika Winterlia
Nov 17, 2016 Erika Winterlia rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes sci-fi.
Shattered is the second book in the Open Heart series by Sharon M. Johnston. I really enjoyed the first book in the series (Divided) and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the sequel.

In this book the main character, Misha, is on a quest to find and rescue them before their evil twin kills them. A quest that by no means is as easy as I might sound. During this time we also get to follow Misha and her relationship with Ryder in more detail since half of the book is written from Ryder’s point of view
Sara
Nov 27, 2016 Sara rated it it was amazing
*This book was provided by the publisher/author for an honest review.*

Shattered by Sharon M. Johnston is a romance set in Australia! I was so excited to read it, travelling to Australia is definitely on my bucketlist and there aren't enough books set there. I haven't read the first one in the series, it wasn't hard to learn my way around Mishca's world but I do want to go back and read the first one.

Mishca was an awesome heroine and Ryder, who I was a little hesitant to like because of his name
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Sep 13, 2016 Christine Karmelreads2665 W. rated it really liked it
Just wow. Book 2 has knocked my socks off. After finishing book 1 Divided I immediately picked up book two to find out what was going to happen with Mischa and Ryder.

Listen not disappointed where the story took off. Mrs. Johnston has done a wonderful job creating a world of realism, with experimentation into the scientific and mythological realm.

You can't help but get caught up in the things that this girl is trying to accomplish while trying to stay alive and to protect others. Looking at Rider
Crystal Collier
Jan 06, 2017 Crystal Collier rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Did not see that coming.

I read the first book forever ago, so I'd had a long time to speculate on where this story was going to go.

Nope. I was so wrong. Total surprise.

I have to say, I liked Mishca more in the first book, but she comes around later in the story--just takes a little bit. The reasoning behind the arms-length, then hold-me-close off-and-on relationship felt a little flimsy to me, but okay. If you say so. Ryder became my favorite through this book. What a great guy! And oh my goodne
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

"Shattered" is an adventure diving into the psyches of two enhanced youth dealing with dramatic changes in their lives, and has the potential to be an outstanding suspense read but first, it is imperative that the reader realizes this is not a stand-alone novel.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Linda
Sep 19, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series keeps the action going and the romance between Mischa and Ryder continues to be complicated.

The author has really created some great characters. Mischa wants to protect those she loves even if it puts her at great risk. Ryder is such a good person and a really good match for her. You really root for them to be together. It leave you eager for the third book to be released.

I received a copy in return for a honest review.
City Owl
City Owl rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Sharon
Jul 02, 2016 Sharon added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Brenda Drake
Brenda Drake marked it as to-read
Emily Endrizzi
Emily Endrizzi marked it as to-read
Danielle Hammelef
Danielle Hammelef marked it as to-read
Susan McGrath
Susan McGrath marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
P.D. Pabst
P.D. Pabst marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Ella Apollodorus
Ella Apollodorus marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Jamie McLachlan
Jamie McLachlan marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Jacquel
Jacquel marked it as to-read
Chelcie-Joy
Chelcie-Joy is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2016
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2016
Sam Miller
Sam Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2017
Stoneturk
Stoneturk marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2017
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2017
Samantha Markham
Samantha Markham marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2017
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2017
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2017
Shavonne  Torres
Shavonne Torres marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2017
4019418
Sharon is a writer from Mackay in Queensland, Australia who has short stories published in anthologies and was also runner-up in the Australian Literary Review's Young Adult short story contest with KARMA.

Her NA novel DIVIDED was released by City Owl Press in winter 2015. The sequel SHATTERED is due out in Autumn 2016.

By day she is a public relations executive and by night she writes weird fictio
More about Sharon M. Johnston...