Start by marking “Poppy Louise is Not Afraid of Anything” as Want to Read:
Poppy Louise is Not Afraid of Anything

Poppy Louise is Not Afraid of Anything

Poppy Louise Littleton is not afraid of anything…almost. Fans of Ladybug Girl and other girl-power heroines will fall in love with this spunky character!

Poppy Louise Littleton thinks vampires are cute and mummies are funny. She’s positive a tarantula would make a perfect pet. All her imaginary friends are monsters. Is there anything that will scare her? Her sister, Petunia
Published April 11th 2017 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Poppy Louise is Not Afraid of Anything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poppy Louise is Not Afraid of Anything

Barbara
It's encouraging to find a picture book featuring a young girl who seems to challenge many assumptions others make about what girls should fear or how they should behave. In the case of Poppy Louise Littleton, she likes snakes, monsters, and scary stories. Life's truly an adventure with this seemingly fearless girl. To her sister Petunia's surprise, she's not even afraid of the dark basement. But one day she finds something that does make her nervous, and she needs some help to deal with that fe ...more
Karin
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorable book about a girl who loves adventure, but struggles with the people around her who don't. It takes a while, but eventually her sister discovers something Poppy Louise is kind of afraid of. The author is Jenna McCarthy (NOT Jenny). Molly Idle's illustrations are fantastic, as always.
MaryLibrarianOH
Poppy is super brave but has trouble getting others to try. And maybe she's not quite as brave as she thought.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
McCarthy, Jenna Poppy Louise Is NOT Afraid of Anything, illustrated by Molly Idle. PICTURE BOOK. Random House, 2017. $16.99. Content: G.

Poppy Louise is the bravest kid ever. Watching her push boundaries is nerve-wracking for her parents, but it's convenient for her easily-scared sister and friends -- all of whom can enlist Poppy to do the terrifying tasks they don't wish to do. But then one day, Poppy discovers that there is, indeed, something that scares her.

As is expected in a book illustrated
smgK8
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute book about the fearless kids we all know and love. And what they may be afraid of. It's a good book that (very briefly) touches on the perception of others of the fearless child - what it feels like for others to think that they are the only one not afraid.
This is a low 4-star rating. More like a 3.5 but I thought it was cute enough to bump it up. My challenge with this book is they didn't go deep enough. They could have added 2-5 more lines (not compromising the integrity of a pictur
Read  Ribbet
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I'm not the biggest fan of celebrity authors, so McCarthy's book would not be one I would seek out but since I was given a copy, I decided to read it. Her central character appears to be a fearless young girl operating in a world with more cautious friends and families. Of course, everyone is always afraid of something. The story has a good universal theme but flawed in its telling.
Lynn
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poppy Louise is a total risk taker and her sister Petunia is far more sensible. Molly Idle's signature illustrations are what make this book stand out but I do think lots of kids will really appreciate the story. Being brave or timid is an important part of how kids see themselves and others and the story's resolution will be comforting to the more cautious ones.
Kara
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Poppy Louise is a brave protagonist, rendered in inviting illustrations, but her arc in this book in unclear. Yes, we finally learn that there's at least one thing she's afraid of, but that event doesn't appear to lead to growth or change in Poppy Louise.
Brittany
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story about two sisters. Artwork is glorious, as per usual!
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poppy is actually Flora. I love Molly Idle but her illustrations are so distinctive that I kept wanting her to break out some birds to dance with.
Pam
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A very brave young girl discovers something she is afraid of. Great to talk about we all are nervous about some things.
Michelle Gray
I really like the illustrations and this would be a fun book to read in storytime. The kids will really be able to relate to the characters. :)

Themes: being brave, sisters, being yourself
Miss Ryoko
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I think Molly Idle was a smashing choice for illustrator for this book. Her illustrations fit perfectly with the story.
Stephanie
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
cute story, fun characters, felt a little like it was missing something?
Sara Grochowski
Loved this! I hope more Poppy and Petunia books are in the works!
Beth
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC supplied by publisher via Edelweiss
J. C. Bueno
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2018
Feb 22, 2018
Annese
Apr 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I’ve been writing for a long time.

I submitted my first short story to Highlights magazine in 1977.

I never got a reply.

In high school I wrote a lot of really bad poetry. Mercifully, I didn’t save any of it.

The first thing I ever had published was an essay in my college newspaper. The typesetter misspelled the word "sing" as "sign" in the last line and the whole thing made no sense whatsoever.

After