Start by marking “Vesik: Box Set I (Vesik, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Vesik: Box Set I (Vesik, #1-3)

Vesik: Box Set I

(Vesik #1-3)

Librarian's note: There is an Alternate Cover Edition for this edition of this book here.

This collection includes Days Gone Bad, Wolves and the River of Stone, and Winter's Demon! That's over 800 pages of Damian's darkest, greatest, and occasionally hilarious urban fantasy adventures.

Days Gone Bad (Book 1) My name is Damian Valdis Vesik. I am a necromancer, an ability fear
Published June 28th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Vesik, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vesik

Rebecca
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Leons1701
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Truthfully, I only finished the first book. I might go back and hit the next book at some point, but well...

Here we have a series about a 6'6" magician living in the Midwest with his mysterious mentor. He has faerie friends who he buys pizza for, drives a very distinctive car, carries an old fashioned gun and a staff, has a vampire sibling and is notable for his snarky wit. No, his name is NOT Harry Dresden, but Asher clearly wishes it were. If he were a bit less busy finding ways to make Vesik
Bob Michaels
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review is for the first three books which I have just finished. First, the good. I found the material interesting. The book was very fast paced with tons of action. Eric is a great story teller. Now for what I did not like. So much of this was pulled from Jim Butcher's Dresden files of which I am a big fan that Jim should be getting royalties on these books. The other annoying point is the constant need the author has for humor in the most horrific of circumstances. It gets old very quickly ...more
Matthew Thibault
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Far too many inconsistencies and annoyances. An Old God makes a preteen ghost into a Demi-God and then somehow she becomes a Demon? The main cast stops for food on their way towards every major battle, and jokes are cracked every other sentence, which cracks the whole group up. Even mid battle. All in all, not a great series.
Tina
I read book one and loved it so much that I decided to try listening to it on audiobook. Lucky for me the author had the first 3 books all bundled together. MY DAY WAS MADE. I have to start off by saying if you haven't listened to the audiobooks, GO GET THEM NOW!! The narrator, William Dufris, is phenominal! He takes these characters and brings them to life.

Now I usually read books with the main character being a young female that is either a bit whiney or somewhat of a badass. I like it either
Matt Myers
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cheryl
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent books! These are well written books! I enjoyed learning about Damian, Sam, Foster, Frank and so many others. The world is at risk and there many including witches, werewolves and vampires battling to save so much. The stories are linked and cannot be read alone! There is happiness and there is sorrow but through it all there is even humor! Enjoy!
Erth
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read half of the first book. sorry, just couldn't get into the story.
Joseph Thomas
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is for books 1-3 (spoiler free)

The Vesik Series is an Urban Fantasy series about a Necromancer named Damian Vesik, told in first-person from Damian's perspective. Damian works with and against such creatures such as Faries, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Ghosts, Gods and of course... Zombies!

As a huge fan of urban fantasy such as Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files, Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series, Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville, and Kim Harrison's Hallows series I found this series qui
Ruby McDemon
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Days Gone Bad - I loved hearing about this world with all of its mythological creatures. Damian has an awesome off beat sense of humor that I love. I really enjoyed listening to this story and the action and adventure throughout. I haven't heard William narrate before that I know of, but I loved his voice in this story. He did a great job with a ton of different voices and even the different voice effects added in.

Wolves and the River of Stone - I enjoyed this story as much as the first. I will
Angie Hackett
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This three book bundle was definitely worth the money invested into it. It was gritty, entertaining and a captivating read. I did feel like there were shades of The Dresden Files in this series but it also stood up on it's own. The plot was well woven and intricate. The characters were even likable but not necessarily relateable. The world building within this book was immersive and, again, intricate. It's intriguing seeing a world full of myths, legends and fantasy combined with modern day sett ...more
Cmoore
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this collection with some degree of trepidation... I'm not exactly fond of Urban Fantasy with Necromancers and/or Vampires, and this book features both. Heck, the protagonist is a dang necromancer, and his sister... well she's one of them vampires!  But I picked up this collection anyway because I loved Eric Asher's Steamborn trilogy, so I knew he could write a really good story.
I really liked our protagonist, Necromancer Damian Vesik... and yes, to a lesser degree, his sister... bet
TE
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't usually do "necromancer" books because in my mind necromancer = zombies and I flat out don't do zombie books. While there are zombies in this set of books, they aren't the main focus of the story being told. There are so many other supernatural beings that I'm not even going to try to name them all. Just about all of them play a larger part than the zombies do. There was lots of action, humor and a bit of history that really blended well with the story. I also liked that the heroes put a ...more
Ieshea
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good series

Good developing and developed cast of characters (though an appendix is needed to keep them all straight in my mind) nice world building with ongoing dynamics and plot twists. I really like all the folklore that is worked into the storyline. I will definitely be picking up the rest of this series and the paperbacks as I can to put on my bookshelf as keepers,with all that being said however there are minor inconsistencies and grammatical errors in the books that draw a little away from
Daniel
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Got through second of the set and had to give up. Kept looking to see how much was left and wondering why I was continuing on.

An eclectic group of characters fighting evil non-stop at a break neck pace. I would swear sequence was not followed well at times - I recall them going to a fair all day making a big deal of turkey leg lunch, then going back to the store meeting someone and having lunch again and talking about dinner later. Did the clock roll back? Honestly I was not interested enough to
Zsazsa Lambert
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome fantasy fiction suitable for young adults and up

I love Mr.Asher's work .if you love sarcastic wit, tons of action and over the top fantasy fiction you will too.the characters are well fleshed out and the books suck you into a whirlwind story that i have trouble putting down .i highly recommend the boxed sets as this is the best way to keep the story fresh in your mind .you Will want to read them all once you've read the first .vesik,zola ,foster and the rest of the crew truly captured m
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Eric Asher is phenomenal! The Vesik Series is spectacular! I steamrolled through the first 3 books in the series. The collection has it all; action, suspense, carnage, strategic battles, and even a smidge of romance. The MC, Damian Vesik, is a snarky badass necromancer. I love any dialogue that he is a part of.

The narrator, William Dufris, was perfect. He brought this story leaping through my speakers. I vividly saw the story like a motion picture.

I love the series and narrator so much that I
Helen
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
That's the way I like them...

Series I mean. It's so nice to have recurring characters that we come to care about. Page after page we ride along as acquaintances become friends, and if they're very fortunate, those friends become family. I'm not talking about "regular" family. I mean the kind of family that will step between you and a hundred foot, fire breathing Dragon.

Now I'm off to find books 4,5,6 & 7. Thanks a bunch Eric
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Friends with the dead

Damien Vesik plays with dead people. and fae and witches vampires. necromancer aren't popular people, however, so when some things start to swing in a dark direction, only the fact that his mentor is so beloved keeps him out of hot water. until he has more dead than he can handle and then.....
Nope, you have to read the trio yourself. I can tell you they are great. the characters mix so well, you laugh and cry and can't stop
Peer Jones
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots to like 👍

Funny, mundane, sad, scary, disgusting and terrifying. Almost everyday life in part. Lot of characters to remember who could easily be your friends. The sarcasm and joking around between friends and siblings seemed very real to me. Going to have to get rest of series
Jimmy Mansir
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dameon is an odd duck. He has fairies living on his clock, a sister who is a vampire, he is somehow part of a wolf pack, he girlfriend is a sea witch, and he is a Necromancer. The tone is suppose to be funny and I admit some made me laigh, but most of the time I thought he believed that he was fumny. I gave it 4 stars for language. But GREAT series.
Jen  Garren-Manning
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Just...wow. If you have a sense of humor and like the supernatural, you have to read this series. There's nothing else I love more than to let myself be immersed in a story to the point that I lose track of the time, but I actually lost track of the day of the week! Amazing work by Mr. Asher.
Kristen Howard
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put these books down!

Back-to-back, edge-of-your-seat action. Fairies, vampires, werewolves, demons, gods, guardians, and, through it all, necromancers. The tale of a massive fight between good and evil, where every so often, the lines between them are blurred. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to read the rest of this series.
Vic Falconer
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastically entertaining!

Faeries, necromancers, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, old gods, witches, zombies ... they are all here woven into an incredible story line that keeps you wanting to turn the page. Vesik is a great central character whose power is growing with every book. Lots of humour, plenty of action and a wonderful story to immerse yourself in.
Mary
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omgoodness

5 minutes in I was laughing, 20 min in I was looking for Audible. Yes it's there. Where to start, funny, hilarious, magic. Good guys and gals. Bad guys and gals are particularly nasty. Then vampires owe the vampires. Who knew fairies liked cheese and Fudge. And don't forget the Whiskey. Highly Recommended.
Aimee
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
These are quick and light reads. I love that the author makes you work for it. I really enjoyed the character development and found myself laughing out loud with the witty banter between characters. Love all the different backgrounds of each.
Nicnotnicola
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed while series to date

Exciting and different characters that you were immediately curious about and wanted to know more about and follow them through each book. Desp for book....9?
Traci
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I was drawn into this series from the very first page. The characters are engaging, the action is fast paced and riveting. I laughed out loud too many times to count. I have already downloaded the next three books in the series.
Joseph
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Worth your time

Good fantasy, likable characters, great sense of humor...what’s not to like. The rest of the series will be going on my reading list here soon.

Also you can’t beat the price when packaging multiple books together.
Melissa Smith
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series. I will continue reading on. Took just a bit to get into the story but once I did I was hooked. Thanks for a great listening experience!!! The characters and story are awesome.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shades of Honor (Anomaly #2)
  • Primal Nature (The Primal #1)
  • The Road Trip
  • Sabel Security Series: Books 1-3 (Sabel Security Boxset)
  • The Darkness Series (Darkness, #1-3)
  • The Feedback Loop Box Set 1-3 (The Feedback Loop #1-3)
  • Death Knocks
  • Hearts of Fire (Deadglass, #0.5)
  • Dead Men Can't Complain and Other Stories
  • The Peter Savage Novels Boxed Set: (Books 1-4)
  • His Lordship Possessed (Disenchanted & Co., Book 1, Part #2)
  • Dying for a Living Boxset: Books 1-3 (Jesse Sullivan, #1-3)
  • Das Kreuz des Nordens (Baltic Sea Crime #2)
  • Beatrix Rose - Hong Kong Stories - Volume 1: Hong Kong Stories Volume 1 (Beatrix Rose's Hong Kong Stories)
  • No Right To Kill (DI Sara Ramsey, #1)
  • The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series, Books 1-3: Justice Calling, Murder of Crows, Pack of Lies
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Blood Bonds (City of Dragons, #1)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (8 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts
“There are days so great, you wish them to never end, There are days gone so bad, you wish them never to have been, And there are days when hell kicks in your front door.” 0 likes
“Hopefully this girl gets a happy ending. The last two sure as hell didn’t. I” 0 likes