Start by marking “Settling Up” as Want to Read:
Settling Up

Settling Up

1 bald spot + 1 thirty year old = zero chance at love.

If there's one thing statistics professor, Lauren Sinclair knows, it's probability. And she understands her current equation all too well.

Desperate to get herself back into the dating game, Lauren relies on statistical analysis and a ridiculously detailed list to help her find the perfect man.

Her friend Mack thinks it
Published July 1st 2016 by Kristopherson Press

To ask other readers questions about Settling Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Settling Up

Start your review of Settling Up
Kim
Clean, smart, and funny chick-lit romance. Eryn Scott has a new fan and might be one of my new favorite authors. This was so well written!

Sensuality content: 99.99% clean. Kisses. You are not shown or told, but it is implied once that an unmarried couple living together have sexual relations (AKA fade to black).

Source: My own purchased library.
E.P.
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Settling Up" was a very fun, sweet (as opposed to saucy) romance with a difference. Our heroine is a recently tenured statistics professor who has developed stress-induced alopecia (as an early-career academic, oh, how I empathize!). She also doesn't have a man, or a family, and is starting to think that maybe she needs that. She goes to a friend for advice, but ends up talking with Mr. Wrong, except that...is he Mr. Right? And will they both realize it before Lauren allows her love of lists to ...more
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was surprisingly adorable, I adored Lauren and Mack, I never realised how much I enjoyed books where the girl is the one all put together and the guy is more care free, also, 10/10 in love forever with friends to lovers where we get to see them actually become friends and we are just there for the entire love ride, I just wish we could get more of the actual relationship in because a date between Mack and Lauren would be so cute *sobs*
Cyndi
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
This book was soooo cute! Lauren is one of those characters that sticks in your head afterward. She's insecure and adorable. Lauren goes on hilarious dates while searching for her perfect match. Of course, the perfect guy is right there. Of course, we know he's perfect for her, but the antics she goes through before she figures it out are what makes this story so entertaining.
The writing is great and the characters are engaging and develop perfectly.
Lauren
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
3.5 stars. This one was a little difficult to get into for me. I found Lauren somewhat irritating at first, and the relationship with Mack awkward and rushed. But it did come together more organically as the book progressed, and once it did, the story really picked up and I found myself rooting for them and enjoying it quite a bit more. Quick and light read.
JoAnne
A cute, light read.
Barbara
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Cute

On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, Settling Up by Eryn Scott is a dark chocolate salted caramel candy.

Mostly, I loved how nerdy, spaztastic, and hilarious the protagonist was, and I was pleased that this was a cute romance rather than an erotic one. I read the entire book with only a bathroom break. And it had a good reminder about girls and their perfect boy lists.
Sara
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Statistics professor Lauren is desperate to settle down. Not only does she think that this will help her get a promotion (because, obviously, no woman is capable of getting a promotion on her own merit) but she is also worried that her looks will soon start to fade (because, obviously, this book is a feminist masterpiece). She has a gambling addiction that she thinks is completely normal because she just plays to relax and a weirdly personal relationship with not one, but two different blackjack ...more
Megan
Lauren Sinclair
Mack
----------------------------------
What happens?
Lauren Sinclair is having a crisis, she goes to her usual casino in search of her favourite dealer Rachel. Instead of finding Rachel she finds Mack, and shows him her bald spot.
Mack and Lauren strike up an unlikely friendship, and Mack begins to convince her she doesn't need to be so strict with finding a man,
Hazel
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'll preface this by saying I think it's purely personal preference that meant I didn't like this book as every other review I've seen seems to rave about it.

I just found the majority of the characters flat, boring and slightly stupid. I get having preferences on what you're looking for in a man but it be so blind to what's right in front of you and ignoring what you actually feel in favour of a list of, extremely unlikely to ever be fulfilled criteria, at the grand old age of 30 just seems
Alyssa
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I decided to grab this book up because the main character is kind of like me. in a sense that she's into math. I love that the chapters are math related and most of them actually do connect with that particular part of the book. and I appreciate that very much.

the story is really adorable. Lauren is funny and Mack is such a gentleman. this book was made to make it funny. but though the writing style was good, they she wrote the comedic parts weren't all that funny. i also thought that Mack was
Grace Tolman
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This had a cute premise and cover. I was immediately drawn to it. However, I didn't feel I was invested in Lauren and Mack until about a third into the book. I don't know if it's because Lauren's mind was a bit all over the place for me, or I'm just understanding where she's coming from, but that's why this took a bit of time for me to read. However, if you like numbers and a peek at a 'black and white' type of person then you might breeze through this without any issues.
My favorite was Mack. I
Angie Hackett
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

When I first started this book I wasn’t sure how to take it.

Suffice to say it grew on me. I liked Lauren and I found in some ways I could relate to her, the need to get out of ones own head sometimes and not being able to adequately read people. Mack I loved as he had such a laid back way about himself. At first the maths side of things frustrated me only because I am not so good with numbers but I got over that and found there was a great story here. I think I guessed how it would
Erin
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully adorable!

I liked this book a lot! Lauren is so cute and logical and nerdy and overthinks everything. She is a mix of all women. And she just wants to find her perfect guy. And Mack is that understanding, attractive guy friend we all want to fall in love with us.

I found this book refreshingly realistic. The romance builds through friendship and spending time together. It's so sweet and you're just waiting for her to realize she's in love with him. I loved it.

This book is a great
Emily Przybylo
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute

This felt like a well developed character story that left me smiling but I didn’t feel a ton of heat. It felt like it built and then faded a little. I love the H, Mack. A casino dealer with a past life with deceased wife, he gives h love advice while silently holding a flame for her as well. I felt like the author over played the dorky aspect of the h, and for that it felt like four stars.
Narcy
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story about Lauren Sinclair's journey to finding her true self and falling in love in the process. Things are not always as they seem, and Lauren finds out that the perfect man she has envisioned and made a list about may not in fact be the perfect man for her. I loved heir banter! We are taken on a journey of self discovery, how to overcome balding and to go after what our hearts desire. This is a fun, funny, quirky, cute and sweet book to read
Audio Audits
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
This is my type of rom-com, I found the inner musings of neurotic Lauren, um...er... amusing! If a book can make me laugh out loud, I know it's something special and this book has many of those such moments!

30 something mathematician Lauren has a list for absolutely everything, a list of where she should be monetary wise, a list of where she should be career wise, and an extreme vetting list for prospective husbands! It's no wonder the stress of it all has caused her to start losing her hair,
Alicia
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a freebie book I claimed a while back and did not read it until now. What a fun book, it was a light read compared to the intense mysteries that I have been reading and just what I needed. The characters were funny and I loved all of the math references. I will look for more books from Eryn Scott.
HB
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book because of the lovable characters. The h was so adorably quirky and the H was so steady and nice. Would have given 5 stars but took 1 off because I dislike the dead wife trope.
Kimberly
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

Just a wonderfully honest story. Lauren has a mind for numbers. Incredibly smart but socially inept, she stumbles across Mack. She soon discovers that Mack is better than any equation in calming her anxieties.
Amy
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this unconventional love story between a girl who understands numbers more than people and her blackjack dealer! Found the telling of it from her perspective interesting, sweet and easy to read.
Sheryl
This started off a little weak for me, but eventually it got much better. The relationship between Lauren and Mack seemed rushed and unnatural at first but eventually it felt more comfortable and real. Overall it was enjoyable but I didn’t love it. A quick, easy read.
Selina
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Another adorable story! As before, my biggest criticism is that she seriously needs to hire an editor for grammar and spelling. But otherwise, a cute and fluffy read!
Carolyn S
Feb 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf @ 13%. I know I probably shouldn't give up quite yet but I just couldn't handle the main character. She's too neurotic and it really wore on me for 33 pages that I made it through.
Susan Bazzett-Griffith
Predictable and clean chick lit romance about a statistics professor finding love with her best friend. Very fast, easy, kind of mindless but vaguely fun read.
Richard Goodrum
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tearjerker. Emotional upheaval awaits. Reminiscent of "The Dog and the Bone." I enjoyed it. I hope that you do as well.
Yavanna Hallam
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it

This book is a really sweet, fun, enjoyable story to read.

It's not heavy on the substance but I don't typically read chick lit for that.
Kelley Marie
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cute book

Super cute story. Loved the characters and the plot line. I thought the casino angle was new and different. I will look for more from this author.
Carol Sandford
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

This was a lovely, sweet romantic story. I loved both main characters, and I enjoyed the scenario too. Nice to have a giggle occasionally
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sugar and Ice (Rinkside in the Rockies #1)
  • MultiDate
  • Love Muffin and Chai Latte
  • Coffee, Tea or Me
  • Suddenly Susan (Susan Wade Saga, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Sessions (City Love, #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Kissed by the Bay #3)
  • Made for Me
  • Boring is the New Black (The Fashionista and The Geek #1)
  • Go On, Girl
  • Cocoa and Chanel (Chanel, #1)
  • Starlight Dunes (Pelican Pointe, #5)
  • Friends Like These (Friends Like These, #1)
  • Just Friends (The Agency #1)
  • Perfectly Played
  • The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (The Mimi Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wedding Charm (The Wedding Whisperer, 1)
  • The Virgin Club (The Club, #1)
Eryn Scott is the author of heartwarming cozy mysteries and quirky women's fiction. Her novels feature close friendships and strong families because those are the most important things in her life -- a little humor doesn't hurt either.

She calls the Pacific Northwest home and doesn't plan on changing that anytime soon. Eryn loves to hike, horseback ride, knit, ski, and read. She believes musicals