Start by marking “Waking the Watcher (The Fallen Angel Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Waking the Watcher (The Fallen Angel Trilogy #1)

Waking the Watcher ( The Fallen Angel Trilogy #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  269 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
GALEN

Lust.
My ultimate downfall,
And demise.
I'm shackled to a life I can't escape.
A life I never asked for.

Now, I'm trapped--soulless,
Burdened by a Watcher lurking within.
He wants out, he wants her.
But I can't let that happen,
Won't let that happen.

She's mine.

Somehow that doesn't matter.
I can’t have what I crave.
What I want.
What I need.

As the Watcher fights me,
Battles for co
Published May 17th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Waking the Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking the Watcher

Lea ★
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, paranormal
ARC kindly provided by author.

Okay, I have to be honest here. This is my first read by this author.
I requested this book because I totally dig this cover. I had no idea it was a paranormal genre, and paranormal is usually not my thing, so I tend to avoid reading it.
When I started reading Waking the Watcher, I was like, damn, I don't think I will like this one.
But boy, was I wrong... so, so wrong.
I ended up really liking it! One of the first PNR books I liked! That's a huge thing for me :)
Th
Annika
DNF at 10%

I can't remember the last time I gave up on a book this early on, but Holy Hell, that was awful...
I'm aware that this is supposed to be Erotica, but is it really too much to ask for a little subtlety, some build-up and tension? In the first chapter alone, Galen mentions his cock/dick/crotch/erection more often than I ever cared to read about it.

Obviously, once again I am the odd one out with my opinion, as everyone else seems to have loved this book, so I'll just give you a little piec
A.L. Jackson
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So excited to get back into some awesome paranormal romance. It's been a while, and Waking the Watcher reminded me why I love this genre so much. Who doesn't love a sexy, powerful vampire? And Kim Loraine definitely did hers justice!
Sarah Robinson
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kim Loraine weaves an incredibly unique story that combines folklore, spirituality, and supernatural beings with love, lust, and vivid characters. I couldn't stop reading until I finished at 5am!

When I first started reading Waking the Watcher, I hadn't known what to expect. I don't usually read paranormal romance, because honestly, I tend to hate them. In the first chapter or two, it seemed like this was going in the usual "vampire love story" direction, and I was like...oh boy...but, BAM! Th
Vasiliki
Jun 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: arc
DNF! MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

ARC kindly provided via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is really unusual for me. There are very few books that I haven't finished and Waking the Watcher was one of them. The story started nicely! The plot was looking promising. The chemistry among the heroes was really intense! What went wrong? The heroine! One moment she wanted the hero, the next not, then again yes and then again no! After the third time that she decided that she didn't want him, I d
Sarah Wayne
Wow. This one was not what I was expecting but actually turned out very well. The story was interesting and captivating. The unique characters made this a very different type of read for me. I've enjoyed reading Waking the Watcher by Kim Loraine. It's the first book I've read by this author and I'm looking forward to reading the upcoming books in this series. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Tracey
I love PNR but was wondering would I like this book if she has two men...

This is my first read from this author and what a great job she did of this book. The vampires are traditional, they can't go in sunlight, sleep in the day and can't eat normal food.

Throwing the car into Park, I step free of the pheromone-filled torture chamber and breathe in the cool air.

The story pulled me very quickly and I took to the characthers well, I was rooting for Galen all the way through, I liked Sariel but
Tanya Vought
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgallery
I'm a huge fan of PNR and this book sounded so appealing!
Let me just say- it didn't disappoint!!! Waking the Watcher is unique, enthralling and keeps you glued to the pages until the very end!!

You will seriously fall head over heels in love with Galen, Reese, Devin and Sariel. You'll be enamored with the events, twists and sacrifices that are given for those they love. And you'll find a few new book boyfriends in the mix!!! Swoon!!! Sexy sexy sexy...... LOL LOL

Trust me, if you are a PNR fan- yo
Nicki Holt
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow. This is not a genre that I usually enjoy but this story was fantastic. The chemistry between Galen and Reese was off the charts. The struggle that they endured to be together was epic and the sex scenes were hot!! I have been converted and cannot wait until the next story.
Katie Sullivan
So much more

This book is not really a paranormal book. Sure there are vampires and angels and vampire/angel mashups but what this really is is romance in the purest sense of the word. Galan and Reese s love is deep and old, unshakable and true. Tears started running down my face long before the book was over. There is mystery and treachery . This is definitely going on my reread list.
BellaOrev
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waking The Watcher
by Kim Loraine

This review will be short and simple since I needed to dive into DtW and I didn't had time to process the book because I just had to know what was gonna happen next.

Ok so, this is what I have to say; HOT VAMPIRE, SEXY FALLEN ANGEL, STRONG GORGEOUS woman, lots of action and hot burning passion. Do I need to say more??!! If you love Paranormal Erotica, this is the series for you. You need to meet the sexy Galen. He's a dark and dangerous vampire who his libido
Kathleen R.
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Waking The Watcher
Author: Kim Loraine

4 unexpected stars

Being no stranger to the paranormal genre, i was excited to discover a new author who not only decided to step out from their habitual genre, but also deliver a story that surprises me. Out of curiosity when i landed on Kim Loraine's Waking The Watcher, i looked over the cover and honestly thought it was a menage and maybe a shifter themed story only to be wrong about my assumptions. Usually i don't make conclusions based on a cove
Rebecca
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading this book and cannot wait to see what happens next. Kim's writing was incredible and the plot twist kept me on the edge of my seat. If you enjoy paranormal romance this is a must read!
Excessive~Reader
This book was very different and I loved it. I'm not going to write out a big review here, just my opinion is go into this blind. I didn't read any other reviews and I'm happy by the results. Of course there's a sexy hottie and I can't wait for there to be a second book.
Rachel Talavera
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Holy Crow. This book was amazing. Well rounded emotionally and beautiful characters that made you love them and laugh with them. Fantastic plot and very original in my opinion. This book was great I loved it from beginning to end and would highly recommend it.
Melanie Cesa
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Redemption is not about equalizing the good and bad, it’s about repentance and your choices moving forward.”

HO.LEEE. SMOKES! Wooeee! What a story that had me captivated from the start! Vampires & fallen angels, and woah, what a great story line!

And there is an element about this that is exciting! Let’s just say, when that 3rd point of view suddenly pops up, I was so excited to see where this was story going to go. Who is it? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out. And trust me; you wan
Patty
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal romance I am told, and I think to myself, I just don't know if I can listen to this. It is not my choice of genre, but it's Kim Loraine! I love her Golden Beach series, so I have to listen. I will muddle through....but oh was I completely entranced! This book from start to finish captured my attention. Vampires, fallen angels, friends, incubus, wooden stakes, sunlight...so many intricate details are woven into this story of Galen, Reece and Sariel, not even mentioning the incredibly e ...more
Corrine Pickering
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Waking the Watcher (The Watcher 1) by Kim Loraine

### 4.5 Stars ###

Brilliant book ! such a different paranormal read. I love a good vampire read and lately I'm finding some can be a little predictable - this one definitely wasn't ....it was totally unique.

I loved the chemistry between Reese and Galen, their constant battles, twists, turns and the story as a whole.

I slipped my rating down slightly as I'm not a fan of the whole 'Virgin' thing ... then progressing quickly into full on steamy scenes
Zara Quintana
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
just finished listening to a highly recommended audiobook - Waking the Watcher and am on pins and needles for the 2nd in the series to be recorded and released. Will M. Watt better be the male narrator again... I can't picture Devon with any other voice!! I love his Irish Rogue and his Southern Drawl <3 YUM!!! Susan Fouche does an excellent job as well. I loved her performance in Kim Loraine-Author's Golden Beach contemporary romance series <3 Kim Loraine-Author is one of my newly found f ...more
Diane
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Waking The Watcher is a very unique take on the world of vampires and the paranormal world. Reese is innocent without being completely naive.

“You’re a bad girl wrapped in an innocent package. That’s cruel.”

It would be hard not to fall for Galen. Be ready to swoon! The story takes off immediately into hot, hot, hot territory. This is definitely a steamy read that will heat up your e-reader!

Waking The Watcher is a beautiful emotional love story wrapped up in a great paranormal world with lots o
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Oh my goodness, Waking The Watcher blew me away! This unique twist on the paranormal made this so much more than another vampire romance. I was riveted to every page from the very start, so much so that I bought the audiobook so that I could continue with the story when I had to put my kindle down to work. Galen was so much more than your average vampire hero. The beautiful true love between him and Reese and the sacrifices he was willing to make, along with all the battles he face just for her ...more
Karinosa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amy
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first Kim Loraine book and I absolutely adored it! I listened to the audio version and it was one of the best I've ever listened to. The dual narration was something I had never listened to before and I am now spoiled and want all the books to be dual narration!

This was a new take on paranormal/vampires and I was very intrigued. I'm anxious to finish the series out. If you like paranormal books, definitely check this out! If you are an audio fan, I can't recommend listening to
Tracy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story of Galen and Reece . There was angst and so much hotness ! Loved every chapter! Their journey was not easy and definitely pulled at my heart but their sacrifices for each other were out of love.
Amber (beautyguise)
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading Kim Loraine. Boy was it a doozy.

I enjoyed this book, a lot. The flow of the writing made it really easy to just keep going. Even when you know you should stop and adult for a little while. I really hope this is not the last and only book about this. I would really love to see what happens with Devin.
Dorian Delagrange
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. The writing was wonderful as is everything I have had the pleasure reading from Kim Lorraine. The book had interesting plot twists that kept me wanting to get to the next page to see what would happen next.

I highly recommend this and all of Kim Lorraine's books.
CK
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid 4 star read! Wow! Wasn't able to put this book down! It's not a typical paranormal romance.-- But that was the best part! Fast paced and full of tension and suspense I couldn't put the book down! Looking forward to more books from Kim!
Joyce
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-read
I had the privilege of reading this book early, and let me tell you, you have NEVER read a book of this caliber!!!! Much much more than highly recommending this book, I implore you to read it!!! Kim truly has OUTDONE herself!!!! I desperately need MORE!!!!
Sarah  G
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! I liked the story and most of the characters. There were a few things I didn't care for; the roommate, Trisha, and Andrea. I also thought that Reese was little too wishy washy in the beginning but she strengthened up towards the middle. I thoroughly enjoyed the story.
Ary Moran
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Kim Loraine and I was blown away. I don't typically read paranormal romance but so glad this book was recommended to me. Kim is an amazing author and storyteller. I loved every second of it! I cannot wait for the next book!

The Fallen Angel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Denying the Watcher (The Fallen Angel Trilogy #2)
  • Releasing the Watcher (The Fallen Angel Trilogy #3)