Start by marking “A Killing Term” as Want to Read:
A Killing Term

A Killing Term

The body count is rising…

Detective-Inspector Jones could discover no motive for the suspicious death of the young man who worked in Chalingford’s Planning Office.

Like others, he could speculate about what went on, but despite his best efforts he was no closer to solving the case.

Driven by ambition, Robert Howick – headmaster of Trelawne School – inwardly quakes at the fear
ebook
Published July 1st 2016 by Endeavour Press

To ask other readers questions about A Killing Term, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killing Term

Start your review of A Killing Term
Linda Strong
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Murder, greed, romance, blackmail, politics, egos; this book seems to have covered it all. And it all takes place in a boarding school.

Robert Howick is headmaster of Trelawne School. He has high ambitions and his biggest fear is that somehow, someone will learn his dark secrets which will destroy all he;s working for.He's willing to do anything and everything to protect his future ... but does that include murder?

One, Two, Three bodies are found ... all connected to the school in one way or
Louise
Jul 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm afraid I didn't really get on with this book.
I felt I'd been thrown in the deep end with a whole cast of characters, and I couldn't work out which was which, have I missed previous books?
The murder mystery was a long time coming, it seemed more interested in the sex lives of the school's staff.
I didn't make it to the end of the book, so won't ever know who the murderer was, but to be honest, don't remember who was murdered.

As always when I write a review like this,I like to point out, it is
Nettie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was ok

The best thing I can say about this book is that its relatively short (under 200 pages) and thats about it really. None of the characters were interesting and the story just plodded along.
Judy Lesley
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, detective
I received an e-ARC of this novel through NetGalley and Endeavour Press.

Originally published in 1993, this novel is a very good example of the wonderful work Endeavour Press is doing in digitizing books which were published before the time of reading books through electronic means. Since they publish so many mystery novels they are a great source for me in finding older novels which would be nearly impossible to locate in the print version. A Killing Term takes place in England at a private
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Endeavour Press for a review copy of A Killing Term which is a good old fashioned whodunnit originally published in 1993.

Set in a private boys school, Trelawne, over 50% of the novel involves scene setting with each of the teachers and their problems well drawn. In passing DI Jones muses on the "accidental" death of Jason North and sets up an investigation into the activities of the planning department where North worked. More deaths occur until the solution
Leyla Johnson
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, which was a real page turner, with murder, greed, romance, blackmail and all the trimming. It was fast pace and lots of characters. Written in the style of the golden age of mysteries and set in a boarding college and surrounding manor. I did enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good ride in there reading.
This book was provided to me in return for an honest and unbiased review
Susan
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The first body lands on the ground from the roof of the Chalingford’s Planning Office. Accident, suicide or murder? Detective-Inspector Jones investigates the circumstances. But we also have Robert Howick, the headmaster of Trelawne School, with his secrets, and the secrets of the staff. Then another body turns up.
An interesting enough murder mystery, written in 1993.
A NetGalley Book.
LaShana
Aug 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
I am a big fan of English mysteries, but this book fell really short of the mark. The writing was jumbled none of it made any sense.
Mike Halper