Start by marking “The Girl He Used to Love” as Want to Read:
The Girl He Used to Love

The Girl He Used to Love

(Grace Note Records #1)

The past will always be between them

He swore he'd never return home. Then a flat tire lands Dean Presley back in Grass Lake, Tennessee, and he's forced to confront the woman he left behind. Faith Stratton was once the love of his life. Now her gifted brother could be the rising Nashville star Dean needs for his struggling music label. But it means taking Sawyer away from t
Published July 2016 by Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about The Girl He Used to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl He Used to Love

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
What a delightful book!

Sassy and sweet. Great characters. Tender emotions. Engaging story. The Girl He Used to Love by Amy Vastine has it all!

Faith and Dean have fantastic chemistry together, and they also have a lot of baggage between them. Namely, young love that ended twelve years ago with the tragic death of Faith’s best friend, Dean’s sister Addison. Grief and guilt and regret from the past swirl around their present and provide the setup to some very well-written and poignant moments. The
Lisa Norato
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Girl He Used To Love is a tender-hearted, emotional and rewarding romance of fate stepping in to give two wounded people who were always meant to be together another chance at love. It’s a lesson about grief and not taking your loved ones for granted. And ultimately, at its heart, this is story of a couple finding the courage to forgive and let go so they can move forward with their lives.

Twelve years ago, Dean made a decision to leave Grass Lake for good in the aftershock of his sister’s de
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Happy release day to The Girl He Used to Love!

I'm super excited about this new book from Amy Vastine. She's one of my favorite Harlequin Heartwarming authors and I do believe this is the first of a new series by her.

This is a second chance at first love kind of book. Dean and Faith reconnect after years of separation. They parted heartbroken over an accident and the loss of a loved one. Blame and pride make their re-connection a difficult one but an oh, so good one.

I really did love the charact
J.R.
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew.
Okay. First of all, Ms. Vastine, the way you began and ended this book. Perfection.
When I started tearing up on page 19 of this one, I knew I was in trouble. The emotions Amy has weaved into this story of second chances and new beginnings, I am in awe of her talents. And the threads to the stories going on in here...
I need a breather but I'm not taking one. I want to get out all my love for everyone in Grass Lakes. And the pain I felt for their losses throughout the story.
Dean is a well wri
Cynthia
One death rocked the whole town leaving two people broken hearted, lost and lonely as they go down different paths trying to deal with the tragic of not only losing the person they love but each other. I know we all have done things we wish we could change if only there was a re-do button to turn back time where we could take something back we said or do things differently. Both Dean and Faith wish they had this button not only to take back things they said but to take back the secret they hid t ...more
Books and Spoons
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone processes grief in a different way. Faith has lost so much in her young life and is just trying to hold it all together, to survive until next day, clinging on to those dear to her heart and still there for her. She wants to keep everyone happy so that no one else would end up in an accident, and leave too early while angry with her.
Dean escaped his grief, sorrow, and loss, and swore he would never return. Life happens, and he suddenly has to not only face Faith again, but his own resp
Andrea Guy
First of all I have to say that the title of this book brings to mind a song that Barbra Streisand did many years back, called Someone I Used To Love. In fact the song stayed in my mind even though it had nothing to do with the plot of this story.

I haven't read a "real" harlequin romance in ages. In fact most of the romances I've read have fallen kind of flat with me, even though I've enjoyed them.

This story was sweet and perfect. It is a story of second chances and new beginnings. Faith and Dea
Amanda R
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, arc, romance
Thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley for the book in exchange for a honest review.

The last person Faith ever expected to see walk in was Dean Presley. He left and swore to never come back and he left angry at her. He blamed her for things that she had no control over but she did accept responsibility. The event in their lives that caused all of that anger and sadness shaped Faith's life, shes a people pleaser and doesn't want people upset. She will put herself out to make sure that something reque
Dale Rogers
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Basically everyone can identify with the beginning of Amy Vastine's novel, The Girl He Used to Know. Stranded on a country road in Tennessee, Dean Presley trudges through the rain to Sundown Bar and Grill in Grass Lake. He just wants to call his business partner to come take him to Nashville, but he ends up in a whirlwind adventure that will change his life.

For one thing, it's not just some random town he wanders into--it's his hometown. But since he hasn't been there in twelve years, he feels l
Kari
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, for-review, kindle
Also posted on From the TBR Pile

The Girl He Used to Love is another offering this summer from Harlequin's Heartwarming collection. It's the first in a new series by this author. Dean is back in his hometown by what he would describe as bad luck. He vowed never to come back after the tragic death of his sister. He left behind everyone he loved, including Faith. For Faith, everyone seems to always leave her. When Dean wants to make her brother Sawyer a star, she struggles with letting go of yet an
Lynn Brooks
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 STARS!

In this first book of a new series "Grace Note Records", Amy Vastine introduces us to the town of Grass Lake, Tennessee. She weaves the townsfolk, culture and traditions into a cozy place that calls to us to grab a rocking chair on the front porch and settle in to enjoy! I really liked Dean and Faith's story and look forward to reading this series again.

Dean Presley never intended to return home to Grass Lake, TN. The fear of all the memories living there kept him away for years. It'
Anita
Welcome to Grass Lakes, Tennessee and to the first book in the series "Grace Note Records". (I am looking forward to this series) This is a rewarding novel of truth, forgiveness and love. I must confess that the first half of the book is a moseying pace for the reader. Perhaps the author did that on purpose to set up this small town life. The stage certainly had to be set for some of the background. Regardless of the reason, it is so worth the reader's time to absorb the beginning to receive the ...more
Kate Vale
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
The first of a new series, Grace Note Records, features music producer, Dean Presley and Faith Stratton. They'd known each other in high school and been seeing each other privately when Dean's sister was killed in an accident Faith is certain was her fault. Dean, too, thinks it's his fault, and both harbor guilt that prevents them from moving forward in numerous ways.

But what serves as a current barrier is Faith's dependence on her younger brother to keep their horse therapy business from going
Catherine Lanigan
When Dean Presley's car breaks down outside Grass Lake and he must return to his hometown he left many years ago, I was hooked. I'm a real, true blue fan of reunion romances. The one that got away or the one you always wonder, "what if" I'd said something. What if, I'd told him the truth? Well, that's what Amy Vastine accomplishes in spades with this one. I had tears streaming down my cheeks at one point, but I won't tell you where. The chemistry, the yearning between Dean and Faith broke my hea ...more
Linda Dunn chilson
What A Beautiful Story

I loved every second of this book, I stayed up until 3:30 am reading it it was that good. If you like books that touch your emotions this is the book for you, I know it was for me. Drew and Faith had so much good and painful memories it touched deep into my heart. Misunderstandings and lies played a big part in their history, one lie I never saw coming. The secondary characters were a big part in this book too, which I really enjoy, it makes for more of a story than just th
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
Great story. I wasn't sure where the story was going at first, but once I got to know Dean and Faith a little more, I really liked them. The back and forth nature of this story held my interest and made me really curious as to how things would turn out. The past coming into the present was also a nice aspect to the book. Overall, a great read. (Note: This is a clean romance.)

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my fair and honest review.
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Grace Note Records
JoAnne
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Tracy Fritts
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway, paperbacks
These is my first book I have read by these author. I really enjoyed reading these book and thought it was well written. I look forward to reading more books by Amy Vastine.
Angie
Linda Baldwin
Oct 08, 2016
Muriel Stang
Jan 23, 2017
Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read. Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog.

Grace Note Records (4 books)
  • Catch a Fallen Star (Grace Note Records #2)
  • Love Songs and Lullabies (Grace Note Records #3)
  • Falling for Her Bodyguard (Grace Note Records #4)