Start by marking “A Building Passion (A DIY Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Building Passion (A DIY Romance, #1)

A Building Passion (A DIY Romance, #1)

Vanessa moves to Savannah to pick up the pieces of her once very certain existence after her fiancé cheats on her. An independent and self-sufficient accountant, Vanessa also has a knack for DIY. When she purchases a ramshackle property in need of repair, she crosses paths with Daniel, a sexy and skillful carpenter. Daniel is a ladies’ man who plays the field and has his o ...more
ebook
Published July 11th 2016 by Liquid Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Building Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Building Passion

Lynn Reynolds
What made the experience of listening to A Building Passion the most enjoyable?

The book had me wanting a DIY project and find a Daniel in my area to help me with it.

What other book might you compare A Building Passion to and why?

I've not read a book like this recently. Would not compare to another book if I did. It's not right to make a comparison. Not fair to either author. You could try and compare narrators but that's not fair to either of them.

Which character – as performed by Kelley Hazen –
Nicole
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs

~4 You own your life girl stars form me!! ~

An enjoyable, steadily pace story with lovable characters and an interesting background plot. After a heartbreaking betrayal by her longtime ex fiance Vanessa decides to leave everything behind and move to Savannah, there she will meet Daniel a very unexpected handsome/sexy and completely different character from her ex, the question is ..is she willing/capable to low her defenses and welcome new feelings for another man after what she went throug
Carra
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Building Passion is a great read powered by some strong characters-particularly the female lead, Vanessa. She takes charge of her life, starting over after unceremoniously dumping her cheating fiancé in a perfectly orchestrated exit.

Vanessa is strong, brave and determined, and our male lead, Daniel, has truly met his match with her. Even though you know from the start that their boss/employee relationship is going to go in a more personal direction, watching it unfold is pretty entertaining. T
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
Diy projects made even more fun!

Such a fun quick read.

Vanessa was was strong and not one of those whiny heroines. As she picks up her life and moves on she try to tackle alot more along the way. Meeting a man that hopefully won't break her heart she tries to reopen her walls but what she lets in will give you a fantastic read.

The way the author describes each scene is purely perfection so much detail you feel like your are in the book living in each moment.

I highly recommend adding this to y
Heather
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-read
After a heartbreaking betrayal by her ex, Vanessa decides to move to Savannah, Georgia and start over again. She and her father share a love of home renovation, and when she finds a dilapidated duplex for sale she decides it's where she's meant to be. At the local hardware store she meets Daniel, a talented carpenter, and they share an instant attraction. Vanessa needs help with her renovations, and Daniel needs help with his bookkeeping, and it should be a match made in heaven. But Vanessa's ex ...more
Margaret Watkins
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Building Passion is a most enjoyable romance, bringing with it second chances, family issues, DIY, hilarity and interesting neighbours. When Vanessa discovers her fiancé cheating on her, she doesn't act hastily, but plans her break-up thoroughly. Once her plans are in place she lets the despicable Brian know that she's leaving having exacted her revenge. Vanessa's move to Savannah is a complete break from her past, and she decides to indulge her love of restoration by buying a ramshackle duple ...more
Kandice
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love DIY themes and this one did not disappoint. I found myself being slightly annoyed a little things the characters did/said, but the more I pondered them, the more I realized my expectations were off. I think the character flaws in the H/h were more real life and I haven't read enough of that lately. Overall a good solid read and i will look for the next in the series.

*Copy provided by author. Opinions are my own.
Carmella Siciliano
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Vanessa has moved to Savannah to start over after she catches her now ex-boyfriend cheating. She buys a house- a fixer upper duplex that already has a tenant. Her mom left her and her dad when she was a child and her father has a tendency to drink.

She meets Daniel when she goes into his woodworking shop to purchase some items. There is It s an immediate attraction between them but she tries to push it away because of what
Lynda
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found it very entertaining even though I don't usually listen to contemporary romance. The main characters are well written and the story moves along well with a bit of humour and suspense. I found myself chuckling as I read it. It's well worth time.
Coral Mitchell
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vanessa had her life planned and the man to live that life with. Until she visited him late at work. She is trying to move past him and his betrayal. Daniel is the perfect distraction for her. His reputation as a lady's man preceded him and all she is looking for is some fun. Daniel cannot believe how taken with Vanessa he is. Both have unresolved issues with their families. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Rachael
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written sweet and funny romance. Vanessa and Daniel are loveable complex characters, each with their own issues to overcome to find happiness. Sandra Kyle is a new author for me, and one I will definitely be reading again.
Allie York
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
****Kindly gifted in exchange for review*****
This was my first by Sandra Kyle, but I can't wait to read more in this series. I love a good sappy romance and this one fit the bill for me. It was full of flirty banter and some serious main character chemistry. The supporting characters made this book awesome!
Vanessa packs her bags and moves to Savannah, GA impulsively after a devastating betrayal by her ex, Brian. She buys a duplex that needs more than a little love and care, but looks at the pro
Becky Rendon
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Vanessa has a reason to be wary and untrusting. If she hadn't learned her lesson from her mother, she certainly did from the one man she was going to love forever.  Having learned the truth, Nessa makes some drastic changes for a fresh start. It seems that start is going to be in Savannah.  She had no idea how good it would be for her.

Vanessa's new project is turning into more work than she thought. She needs more help than she expected. It doesn't hurt that for her potential new job sh
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
A Building Passion by Sandra Kyle is the first book in the DIY series.

Vanessa has been burned in the past. Having just broken things off with her fiance, Vanessa decides she needs to start over. Vanessa finds her way to Savannah. She buys a double that needs repairs knowing she can do most of them herself. Vanessa meets Daniel. Daniel is a carpenter and offers to help Vanessa, in more ways than one.

I enjoyed this story. One of the things I liked most about this book was that there was no major a
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
A Building Passion was a cute and enjoyable read. It's one of those books that makes you want to sit down with a slice of pie and a glass of wine while you enjoy a few hours of reading time. I absolutely loved the characters. Vanessa's stubbornnesswas definitely one of my favorite qualities in her. Daniel, there was not a single thing I didn't like about him. The story was really well-written and I could definitely feel the emotions of the characters, especially Vanessa dealing with the betrayal ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A 3.5 star contemporary romance!

A Building Passion is a sweet and comical romance of starting over and finding love. The characters have strong personalities that are easy to like. The main characters have to go through every normal relationship issues including not letting their past dictate their future. You can really feel the sexual tension between Daniel and Vanessa. The author describes each scene with enough detail that you feel like you are in the book living in the moment.

Unfortunatel
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Watching Vanessa move to a new city, buy a new home, make new connections was interesting. Her trip back home visiting her dad was sweet. Her conversations with her mother strained. Her ex was stressful and freeing. Her new handyman, hot, Daniel. I did enjoy the read but was not over the top about it. There was something missing that took away from the story.

Narrator Kelley Hazen for this book type did not work for me. There was something lacking in the quality of her voice and the connection w
KB
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of Building Passion by Sandra Kylie and this review was given freely.
Vivid descriptions of Savannah scenery and of the Characters make this an interesting and complex story that has it all. Just some of the colorful characters included in this romance include: Margaret and George, who are cute and hilarious! Neighbor Nate adds humor and friendship. Vanessa and her father's family dynamics. Daniel's complex personality including his past relationship with his sister in law,
Vanessa
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Really wanted to like it but it was a little bit plain for me. I was continuously waiting for some twist to happen but it just described the way the main characters fall for each other and have sex. Nothing much there.
I didn't despised it though. I would definitely read something else from this author, since I am a love story junkie.

I received this book from Audiobook Boom in a exchange for a honest review and as you can see, my thoughts are completely mine ;)
Ashley Hedden
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Building Passion (A DIY Romance, #1) by Sandra Kyle was a great read. The life that Vanessa thought she had fell to pieces and she decides to move to Savannah to start new. Vanessa meets Daniel when buying things to fix up her house. I loved reading Vanessa and Daniel's story and can't wait to read more by Sandra Kyle.
Tee
Oct 20, 2016
Marleen Aponte
Sep 16, 2018
Nyrma  Enid
Jul 15, 2017
Jodi Hunter
This book ad it all, laughs, tears, suspense, passion. It is a definite must read.
Erica