Start by marking “Defying Gravity (Finding Perfect, #2)” as Want to Read:
Defying Gravity (Finding Perfect, #2)

Defying Gravity

(Finding Perfect #2)

Disclaimer: This book contains enough sexual tension to melt snow, the hottest near-kiss in the history of near-kisses, and a sexy snowboarder determined to win the heart of the girl he loves.

Published July 25th 2016 by Entangled: Crush

Start your review of Defying Gravity (Finding Perfect, #2)
Stacee
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was ok

I loved the premise of this and BFF to more is one of my favorites.

Right from the beginning I was annoyed with Zoey. She's so wishy washy and that continues through the entire book. The push and pull and constant miscommunication between Parker and Zoey was just exasperating.

I did love both sets of parents and there are some really sweet moments. I liked the setting and the use of snowboarding, but I hated the bet and I loathed Luke. And sadly, those were both huge plot points.

Overal
Deniz
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
For ALL of you out there who want to have more of Luke...
Read Luke's side of the Story and interview by K.C. Highley over at Closet Geeks and Slow Mo

7/18/16
3.5Stars
Why? Why does Goodreads not have half-stars?!
This is right between good and great for me-- so 3.5stars
Now hover I'll be hanging round having to decided if I am rounding up or down ...

Review: 7/25

Let's just put it out there: I rounded up. Because simply put Defying Gravity is a well written and entertaining cute & fluffy and I found my
Kaitlin
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.25

Find my FULL review and others at this link: http://kaitbooktopia.blogspot.com/201...

Overall, this was an sweet YA contemporary with a swoon-worthy romance between a girl trying to figure out who and what she wants and the boy who knows who he is and what he wants which is her. Highley wrote a highly relatable and cute book and I am certain that she will have great success in the near future when it comes to writing. This book will definitely give you a new book boyfriend!
Kara
DNF @ 25%.

Totally a me thing, nothing to do with the writing at all. I just couldn't connect with the heroine. She knows Luke's a douche and a player, but she wants him anyway. Not my thing. Loved Parker, though. Definitely not a bad book, I'm just not in the mood for it at the moment.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Rating: 4.5 stars

I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as a completely unbiased review, so I want to preface this one by saying that I've been stressing hard recently about a few things. This external stress can make me really hard to please sometimes, but, in this case, it made me love this book so much more. Defying Gravity helped me do j
Elaine
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to read this sequel. Again, the main characters are eighteen, finishing school soon and deciding where to study next. This time, however, the story is set in Aspen and involved snowboarding, family holidays and many choices to be made….and the title is highly appropriate but you'll have to read it yourself to find out why!

The Miller and Madison parents have been friends since college and have regularly spe
Lisa Brown Roberts
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-romance
Hi Friends,

True confession: I like to read Entangled Teen's Crush books as much as I like to write them. If I'd had these books when I was a teenager I would've been delirious with geeky, drama-loving, book boyfriend joy. As an adult, I'm still pretty gaga about these fun YA romances.

Defying Gravity by Kendra Highley should absolutely go on your to-read list if you like YA romance. Parker is a snowboarding god, plus he's a sweetheart. His brother Luke is a whole bunch of hot trouble and I have a
Sophie Marsden
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
RTC
Rê

4.5 “Best friend and snow” STARS

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled!

Sometimes you just start reading and you enjoy the story so much you can’t even stop to update your Goodreads status. That’s what happened here.

I started “Defying Gravity” thinking it’d another super cute YA love story published by Entangled Crush – I’ve been having a lot of luck with those – but I didn’t expect to fall in love with it as fast as I did.

I mean, by the end of chapter one I already had a major crush on Parker. Ma
Stephanie
2.5 Stars. Zoey was a pretty unlikable character. I hated how wishy-washy and shallow she was - while we were supposed to think she was the opposite of shallow. Luke's character make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I liked Parker, he was the saving grace of the book.

I read a lot of YA, even though I am around twice the age of the main characters. Usually I can still really appreciate them, but this is one of those books that makes me think I'm getting too old for YA.
Natalie
I love BFFs who fall in love, so I was all set to love this one, but I just....didn’t, mostly because of how wishy-washy Zoey was about her feelings. She’s back and forth between the two brothers constantly, and it made her seem really fickle. Luke’s motivations were strange to say the least, and Parker was the only character I really liked. He seemed way too good for Zoey.

I feel like this is the second book I’ve read about two brothers that like the same girl which is just an odd concept to me
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read full review HERE

description

This was my second book by Kendra C. Highley, as I read the first book of this series, Finding Perfect, last year and really enjoyed it – you can check out my review of it here. And once again, I really liked this one.

The book is told in dual POV, from Zoey and Parker’s points of view, and told in the third person. Though this is not my favorite type of writing, I still enjoyed it a lot, and the 2 voices were clearly distinct. Also, damn, they were funny.

I had liked Zoey by
Suze Lavender
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zoey loves Aspen. It's the only place where she can be herself. At school she's the perfect popular girl who hides behind a mask, but when she goes on holiday she can be who she really is for a while. When she's in Aspen she spends most of her time with the Madison brothers. Parker is her best friend and he loves to take her snowboarding. Luke is a year older and he's already in college. He has a lot of female fans and Zoey is one of them, she has a huge crush on him. When it's time to go to Asp ...more
Jenn
Zoey Miller lives two lives. Back home she's super put together, super popular, class president, all-round Miss Perfect. But every winter vacation she comes back to Aspen and it's here Zoey lets out the person she really is - the laid back, sporty girl who just wants to hang with her two best friends, Parker and Luke - brothers, who have known Zoey since they were infants. However, this year something changed. Zoey comes to Aspen with a plan - make Luke notice her in a more than friend sort of w ...more
Nicole
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Defying Gravity!!! First things first: I received an ARC of this book from Entangled through NetGalley.
The book came out july 25th. Check it out if you want something cute and fun.

Book summary: Zoey Miller lives for her holidays in Aspen. Her time up on the mountain with the Madison brothers, Parker and Luke, is everything. But for the first time, it’s not enough. This time, she’s determined to win one of the brothers’ hearts. But the brother she has in mind is a renowned player, with hordes of
Anjie
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, author-req, 2016
I would like to thank the author and Entangled Teen for providing me with an Advanced Reader's Copy of Defying Gravity! This in no way affected my opinion of the book.

I was beyond excited and happy to hear that Kendra Highley was publishing a second book to Finding Perfect! I was even more excited when I found out it was a story about Zoey and the Madison brothers. We got to know a lot about Zoey in the first book and one of the reasons why I loved the first book so much was because of her amazi
Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~
So I got this one for a tour and thought "what the heck, I gave the last one 3-4 stars so why not?". And I ended up skimming after 2% trying to find something remotely interesting or that caught my eye but alas nothing.

To be honest, I didn't even remember who Zoey Miller was until I went back to my old review and then I was like:
[image error]
because Zoey kind of sucked in the last one. I mean she was more of that cliche "smart girl's totally hot & rich friend" character than one with substance.
A Leisure Moment
description

I didn’t realize that I could love a boy more than Benjamin Franklin—no, not the founding father. I’m talking about the boy that stole Paige Westfield’s heart in Finding Perfect! Because, I’ve already admitted and accepted fully, that I fell head over heels in love with him. Parker Madison…he might have given Ben a run for his money; though, it’s not fair to compare the two, honestly, because they are so different, as are Paige and Zoey. What did these two books have in common? They trapped me.
Bette Hansen
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome teen friends to more story! Zoey, Parker, and Luke have been friends for as long as they can remember. Parker and Luke are brothers and every year they meet up with Zoey when she comes to Aspen for winter break. Parker has been in love with Zoey for a while but never wanted to risk the friendship. It's now or never though. He's noticed she's flirting with his brother Luke and that just won't do. Zoey is definitely crushing on Luke and plans to let him know this winter. That i ...more
Shannon
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Defying Gravity is such a delightful little story of long time childhood friends discovering they have much stronger feelings for each other than friendship...although it takes one a little longer to realize it than the other!

Zoey returns to Aspen for Christmas break, determined to get Luke, the older playboy of the Madison brothers, to notice her. At the same time, Parker, her longtime best friend, is determined that this year he's going to get Zoey to notice him, and not just as her best frien
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up most of the night reading this book with a smile on my face. Ever since reading Finding Perfect last year, I've been waiting to read this one because Zoey needed an HEA, too. I loved the battle between Luke and Parker, but only one of them could truly make her happy.

Add in the cameos of Paige and Ben, and the "striptease," which was more teasing than stripping, and this was awesome!
Paula Ribeiro
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was cute! I enjoyed it very much!
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read & review for Wicked Reads

Young adult age-range: 13+.

4 stars for young adults.
2 stars from me personally.
3 stars total.

I need to preface this review by stating I've enjoyed this author in the past, five-starring the previous book, and the majority of Entangled: Crush Publishing's titles have been a hit with me. The female narrator rubbed me the wrong way, completely derailing any enjoyment I could find from the nearly 200-page novel. This is the review fro
Sara
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, young-adult
This was quick, sweet read. It took Parker long enough to get Zoey. Sweet summer read. Though I know not a thing about skiing this book executed it so well. It was fun and romantic.

E.A. Walker
This was a nice read, but a bit formulaic and thus predictable. That took away a lot of the potential suspense and interest for me. Kendra Highley still managed to keep it entertaining with good writing and engaging characters.
Kelsey van Dillen
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-release
LOVE it when the best friend gets the girl. Very cute story, makes me super excited for winter season.
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:
Plot:

Defying Gravity is a cute little romantic story about best friends, Zoey and Parker.

Zoey and Parker have been best friends since they were in diapers. Their parents are so close that Zoey’s parents bought a vacation home right next door to Parker’s family home.

Zoey and her family spend every Spring break with Parker’s family, and that works just fine for him because not only is Zoey his best friend she is also the girl he has bee
Moriah
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This book will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Poulami
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was perfect! But I have to admit, at first I was confused if I wanted to read it or not because this book had my most hated trope. Yup! You got it- the love triangle! But surprisingly it was a pretty fun and refreshing read and I ended up loving it!

*A little spoilery!*

Zoey Miller comes back to Aspen during the holidays to spend her time with her
Megan (Under the Book Cover)
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-books, romance
Review also posted at: http://underthebookcover.blogspot.com...

5/5

Thank you to Entangled Teen for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for review!

Defying Gravity is the second book in the Finding Perfect series, with characters from the first book making an appearance in this book. However, this book can be read as a standalone and you don't have to worry about missing anything from the first installment! This is becoming a trend (somehow) with a lot of books I've picked up lately,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • The Heartbreak Cure
  • The Game Can't Love You Back
  • Announcing Trouble
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Bet (Boyfriend Chronicles, #2)
  • Tied Up In You (All Laced Up, #2)
  • Just One of the Boys (The Chicago Falcons, #1)
  • The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)
  • The Replacement Crush
  • Boomerang Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #3)
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • Melt My Heart
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
  • Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #2)
  • Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)
  • Rule #2: You Can't Crush on Your Sworn Enemy (The Rules of Love #2)
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to four self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most important job. She believes in everyday magic, extraordinary love stories, and the restorative powers of dark chocolate

Finding Perfect (2 books)
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)