Start by marking “Trucker (The Good Guys)” as Want to Read:
Trucker (The Good Guys)

Trucker

(The Good Guys)

ANGEL
I know what you're whispering in the car as you pass me by.
Hitchhiker.
When you see me walking along the side of the road with my thumb out, you'll probably keep driving without giving me a second glance. You probably think I'm foolish. Naïve.
You might assume I've made some bad decisions.
You might think I'm too young to be on my own.
You might be right.

TRAVIS
I lo
286 pages
Published July 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Trucker, please sign up.
Laura Elizabeth Yes. It will continue though, with the hero in the books roommate , for the next book. But the story was complete. No cliff. We will see this couple a…moreYes. It will continue though, with the hero in the books roommate , for the next book. But the story was complete. No cliff. We will see this couple again in the next book I believe. Probably as side characters. (less)

Start your review of Trucker (The Good Guys)
Chantal ❤️
MILD SPOILERS AHEAD.
DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE BOOKS SPOILED IN ANY WAY.
CAUTION UNPOPULAR OPINION AHEAD

Okay, now don't all get mad at me all at once here. But this book for me was very very vanilla.
It's safe as safe as it can be without condoms it was still safe! From cheating from ow/OM from sex (she was on the injection cause hey that's how runaway work) and the best was they were both virgins.
Yes, I should be doing a flucking happy dance here but sadly I can't because it was just a
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
So, I kept imagining that the hero looked like this: green/ hazel eyes with long eyelashes...

description

Skipped pretty much all the "normal" parts and got to the "good stuff." Writing was easy. Sex was good. Likeable characters for the most part. Nothing too deep or involved.
Kate
+++3.5 stars+++

So this was me pretty much during this book.

Still cant believe how much i enjoyed it, and that it was authors first book.

This is story of Angel and Travis. Travis is trucker (lol, i know right? didnt read that one before) and they met when he sees Angel hitchhiking which is how it all begins.

What i loved about this book?

1. Travis...

He is PERFECT! I need my own! He is kind, sweet, possessive, caring, sexy and did i mention that Travis is my favourite name?! Yep, im in love big t
Deserie williams
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
is it wrong that it bothers me that hero let his date from hell sleep at his place on his bed because she couldn't go home drunk and because he is such a sweet guy?lol hmmm I'm too damn picky.

3.75 stars. So after my complaint up there^^lol I ended up enjoying this. The hero Travis was the sweetest guy:) He was just a really good guy! Sweet, cute and a bit steamy read! Heroine I thought was cute. She made me laugh . She was a bit too naïve but I think it was understandable. That Beverly was hilar
DW
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Trucker was a sweet book with not much drama.

As much as I really liked Travis and Angel, I am not a huge fan of insta love.

With that being said, Travis makes the perfect boyfriend. He is sweet, sexy, protective and drives a big truck. Angel was sweet also but a bit naive maybe?!? She was very young though so... that's understandable.

Cute book if you want something fluffy and sweet to read.

♡Tonya♡
I was looking for low angst and sweetness and this delivered! Travis and Angel were a great couple. Both were virgins. Slight OW drama from a girl that Travis had gone on a date with. She wanted to date him more, he wanted nothing to do with her. (view spoiler)

~sweet sexy virgin hero
SB*needs low angst books*
BOTM Low Angst Love Re-read and still a sweet read. One I think is a perfect palate cleanser to more intense reads or when you just want a nice story with little crazy angst or drama.

This was a sweet surprise. I am not a New Adult fan but this is going to be one of the few I really enjoyed.

This is the story of Angel who is a 17 year old runaway. She lost her Aunt and was now on her own. She begins hitchhiking to try to find her mother that abandoned her in California. While walking the hero name
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 'One and Only' Stars

This debut novel was fantastic, and took Jamie Schlosser directly to my 'auto-read-author' list! That's how good it was!
Yes, NA us not my fav genre, but this one was developed beautifully! I loved the couple, but Travis stole the show and my heart with it! Adored his confidence in himself and what he wanted, specially given he was a virgin, and most of all how he loved and never gave put on Angel!
Can't wait to read more from this author!!! <3
Karla
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

So this was definitely not what I was expecting and I mean that in a good way.

description

"Trucker" is book one of (the good guys series) and is the story of Travis and Angel. They meet when Angel is on her way to California to find her mom and so she finds herself hitchhiking. Travis is a semi truck driver sees, Angel on the side of the road and regardless of his "no picking up hitchhikers" can't help but pick her up. Travis offers to take her to Cali when he has a load to take there but she has
Carvanz
I went into this book with a serious book hangover. As you may know, it’s often difficult to find something that satisfies when in this condition. Trucker may have not felt like the best fit in the beginning but I never wanted to set it aside. Before I knew it I was totally invested in this couple, where they were going and how it would all end.

Angel has run away from her foster home and is headed for California to connect with her mother who she hasn’t seen in years. Her only form of affordable
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This new-to-me author gave me a real feel good book. I loved it. If I didn’t already know that good guys exist (though they do seem to be rare, right?), this book would be enough to convince me. Travis was just so freaking sweet. He was honest, endearing, wasn’t afraid of being vulnerable, oh and bonus… he was a virgin. I think it worked well with the cute as all heck heroine, Angel, who was also a virgin. Her life wasn’t so easy and hitch hiking wasn’t the smartest decision she ever made, but i ...more
Syndi
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan actually with this series. I love Outcast and Dancer. Sadly, I am not a fan with Trucker. I can not really make connection with both Travis and Angel. They both cliche.

Hence the story feels flat for me. The closure between Angel and her mom is executed badly.

Just because I love this series, I tolerate it with 3 stars.

3 stars
Cyndi
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet, low angst read! I loved Angel and Travis! They were adorable together! I wish it would have been longer!
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
This book deserves way more than five stars!!!! I love every single bit of it, and wouldn't have changed even a comma.

Definitely one of my favorites this year!

If you love sweet, caring, yet sexy heroes, bubbly heroines, and almost non-existent angst, then this book is perfect for you.

Definitely one of my favorites this year!

If you love sweet, caring, yet sexy heroes, bubbly heroi
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sweet steamy #SafeRead with one romantic virgin hero that will make your ovaries explode. He's just so perfect and sweet. I usually find some moments that bother me in new adult but this one is just too sweet to have problems with it. Loved that it had zero of my unsafe issues. ...more
Janie
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-heroes
This was a low angst super sweet love story. Travis is a trucker on the road when he spots Angel at a truck stop. Angel is a runaway about to turn 18 heading to see her mom that disappeared from her life years ago. Angel decides that hitchhiking is a good way to get to California and is lucky that Travis was the one to pick her up.

Travis is so kind, possessive, and nurturing to Angel. All he wants is to see her happy even if in the long run he may end up unhappy. He took her in when she needed
CC
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super duper sweet - YA to NA book. 3.5 stars

When I read a KU book, most of the time, I expect them to be pretty short and underdeveloped. This book was not that at all.

The heroine is 17 when they meet. They do not have sex until she is 18, which was only a couple of weeks away. I was not skeeved out at all. They were both virgins so it was not like either was taking advantage of the other. They also took time to get to know each other.

This book was sugary sweet. I really liked Travis and was on
Andrea
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Low Angst - check
Hot alpa - check
Sweet heroine - check
Book-Bosomed  blog
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Travis Hawkins, 21, is a truck driver. But park you trucker stereotypes and misconceptions at the door. He isn’t crude, rude, or a perv. He’s sweet, sexy, and a total book boyfriend.

“‘Sexy truckers like Pinterest, too.’”

Angel Thomas, 17/18, is basically an orphan, a runaway, and a hitchhiker. Oh, and definitely a bit naïve. But before she runs into any real trouble, fate intervenes causing these two to meet on a stretch of highway and everything that they’ve been missing in life become
Maria
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good first time effort by author Jamie Schlosser. It's a simple, straightforward and moving story of finding your soul mate. Quite engaging, I could not put it down. There were a number of the usual tropes but everything flowed nicely and it all clicked.

Angel had some hard knocks growing up. In the system at graduation she decided to hitch to California to find her mother, who is in jail, and hopefully reconnect. It's a sad and all too real story.

She meets Travis on the way, he gives he
Mizz Latte

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Angel): 17/18yrs old – 5/5
Hero (Travis): 21yrs old – 5/5
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none needed
Cheating: none - virgin hero and heroine
HEA: yes but no babies yet
Triggers: some OW drama

Average score: 4.5/5

Best Line: “Baby, I love it when you talk trucker to me.”

Worst Line: none!

Personal Review:
A cute love story between a virgin trucker (who is such a good guy) and a runaway virgin looking for a home

Random Ramblings:
Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 4 stars
Story 4 stars

This was a really sweet (like so sweet you're going to possibly get cavities) YA/NA romance. The hero, Travis, is truly book boyfriend hall of fame material! He was so considerate, kind, loyal, supportive, protective, and just like the series name - an all around good guy. Throw in the fact that he's a 21 year old virgin and I was SOLD! It's so rare to see that in romance books (a virgin hero) and I really wish more authors would con
Laura Elizabeth
This was an ok NA read. Nothing I haven't read before. Easy breezy read for when you want a break from angsty or violent reads. ...more
Alex ♈
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, virgin-heroine
Sweet and cute and absolutely safe.
Diksha
Confused how to rate this.
3.75 stars or maybe a bit less :O

Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

She meets Travis on the way, he gives he
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,3.5*

This is exactly what it said it is, a story about a good guy who's a trucker lol. It was cute, these types of books are not usually my cuppa but kudos to the author for a well written tale.

Safe
Both virgins
OW drama from a woman the H went out with once and who he let sleep in his bed because she was drunk. He didn't kiss or touch her and wasn't interested in another date
h is a 17 year old runaway but they didn't actually have sex until she turns 18
I'd have really preferred an e
Erin
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, virgin-heros
Sweet and light read. Maybe a little too sweet for me though.
Elaine
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't really know how to rate this book. I was between 3 and 4 stars.

Angel didn't have anybody in her life, so at the age of 17 she decides to look for her mom, who was in prison, when she looses the only person who took care of her.
Travis is a trucker, not your "typical" trucker, who finds a girl hitchhiking, he stops and takes care of her.

This book had its' pros and cons. It wasn't actually perfect.

What I disliked: (view spoiler)

• Policed
  • Built for Love
  • Savage
  • Watch Me Follow
  • Breaking Him
  • Wait For Me
  • Kidnapped by Bigfoot (Folklore, #1)
  • His Pumpkin Pie
  • Plane Love
  • Signing Off With Love (Love Notes #1)
  • Train Wreck (Life Sucks, #1)
  • Hammer's Fall (Breakers' Bad Boys #1)
  • Loved by Her Yeti (Folklore, #2)
  • His Christmas Cookie
  • Until Forever (You're Mine, 3)
  • Claimed by Her Sasquatch
  • Cuffed For Love
  • Kickstart My Heart (Burgers and Brew Crue  #1)
Jamie Schlosser writes new adult romance, romantic comedy, and fantasy/paranormal romance. When she isn't creating perfect book boyfriends, she's a stay-at-home mom to her two wonderful kids. She believes reading is a great escape, otters are the best animal, and nothing is more satisfying than a happily-ever-after ending.

The Fae King's Curse is LIVE: https://amzn.to/2XJKD4f

Stay up to date with al

The Good Guys (6 books)
  • Dancer (The Good Guys)
  • Dropout (The Good Guys)
  • Outcast (The Good Guys)
  • Magic Man (The Good Guys)
  • Loner