Start by marking “The Secret of God's Son (Pradyumna: Son of Krishna #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret of God's Son (Pradyumna: Son of Krishna #2)

The Secret of God's Son

(Pradyumna: Son of Krishna #2)

'The seas will devour the glorious city of Dwaraka. People will forget your name and your Gita!
May the world perish!
May the world perish!'

With this cruel curse on Krishna, Queen Gandhari plunges mankind into the unspeakable evil of the Kali Yuga.

Published June 16th 2016 by Penguin Books Limited

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of God's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of God's Son

Sundari Venkatraman
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had read Usha Narayanan’s first book in the series called, Pradyumna, Son of Krishna and had been mighty impressed by the same.

So, I sat down to read The Secret of God’s Son with great enthusiasm and I must say I wasn’t disappointed. The writing flows comfortably in the author’s perfect language that’s absolutely suitable for the genre she’s written. This is a major plus in the book’s favour.

Though my knowledge of Indian mythology is pretty wide, I haven’t read anything much after Lord Krishna
Devika Fernando
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am generally a bit weary of sequels, especially if the first book was a smashing hit, because they often fail to live up to their expectations. “The Secret of God’s Son” is the sequel to “Pradyumna – Son of Krishna”, and I have to say it definitely does live up to my expectations.

The center around which everything else revolves is Pradyumna, son of Krishna. Once again, upon this hero’s shoulders lies the heavy burden of having to rescue the world. The prologue sets the scene, and it was one of
Arti
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The cover of the book is beautiful and once I started reading the book, I got transported back to the days of the Mahabharata. The writing and descriptions are such that it was very easy for me to picturise the entire scene and the set up. Most of the scenes are set in the battlefield, with vivid descriptions. One example, "Their maces descended like lightening and clanged like thunder in a contest of will and skill".

I read the interaction between Shiva and Pradyumna five times, it was so well w
Ruchi Singh
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
I have read Usha Narayanan’s first book, ‘Pradyumna - Son of Krishna’ and immensely enjoyed it. This one is second in the series. While the first deals with the birth and beginning life of Pradyumna, this one tells us the story post the Kurukshetra war. An avid mythology reader knows Mahabhartha, so the unexplored life story of Pradyumna after the war and the revelation at the end is fascinating and entertaining.

For complete review, please visit. http://www.iluvfiction.com/2016/10/bo...
Srinidhi Kasagar
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing write-up !!! Though we all know the great Bharata war, there are few who knows about post Bharata war and especially Son of God - Pradyumna. A must read novel

"I'm the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings"....
Rubina
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The Story

When you get to review a book penned by an author whom you admire a lot, to read the book and review it becomes a joy. The Secret of God's Son is one such book which will not only remind you of our great heroes and how they became a hero through their trials and tribulations but will also keep you grounded and away from vanity, especially when you read about the Achilles’ heel that every hero from our past had. Such narrative not only make you take pride in our literature but also remin
Saheli Chatterjee
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I received my copy of the book I could not stop but tear open the package, being an admirer of the Lord Krishna, for me it was no ordinary book. I got some positive vibes from the miraculously simple yet mysterious cover and wondered what is it going to unfold? The beauty of the cover thrilled me so much that I ended up Bookstagramming about it which was indeed loved by my dear followers.

When I started reading - "The Secret of God's Son" by Usha Narayanan, my first reaction was "Oh my God!"
Pradip Chauhan
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
(The complimentary copy of the book was given by the publisher for review)

Pradyumna son of God Krishna is worried of the Gandhari' Curse. He Seeks help from God Shiva and gets his Trishul to bring back Vikarna from Yamloka. But Gandhari can not revert her curse; dissapointed pradyumna does not lose hope and continues struggles to decrease the effect of Gandhari' curse. And there is one powerful weapon still-the secret surrounding his origin. Will he uncover it in time to fight off the cataclysm?
Kavita Singh
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Pradyumna: The Son of Krishna then this book will be a natural flow of it. However that doesn’t mean that this book can’t be a standalone read. Usha Narayana has the gift of putting something so complicated as the different births in the different yugas as well as the reincarnations into an easy read and natural understanding.

I won’t dilly-dally with what the book is all about, but yes there are certain messages that I am taking the liberty of extracting from the book. I think,
Aparna
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
God’s son; One might wonder who??
Till date all have heard and read about the great Mahabharata war and its aftermath. But no one has written about what happened to Krishna and his clan after the war? What happened to Gandhari’s curse on mankind?
People have read scriptures; novels and serials are made which depict till the end of war and on Pandavas but what happened to Krishna and his family and to his glorious city Dwaraka. Did Gandhari’s curse bring evil end to mankind?
The Secret of God’s
Arnab Chaudhuri
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yet another well scribed mythic-history story. The language is lucid and the book is quite well paced. The way the story flows portrays the extensive research done by the author. Though this book is a sequel of “Praduymna the God’s son” but still without reading the first one I never felt at loss. In fact I hardly knew anything about Praduymna and Samba. The story is so engrossing that it glued me to the book till the end. Enough of my experience, let’s go to the story.

This story is not about th
Kavipriya Moorthy
The Secret of God's Son: That one book which brings together every little thing that I am in love with - Usha Narayanan, Penguin Publishers, A beautiful cover with a peacock feather, and a heartwarming story.

A quest to find the 'Secret of God's Son' and that would change the destiny of humanity -- said the blurb. What had happened?

The minute I started it took me back to good old days when my grandma would narrate stories from the Mahabharata. More than the novel, I love the 'writing' style and t
Shivani Agrawal
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My review on book by Usha Narayanan
May the world perish!
May the world perish!'
It is up to Pradyumna to try and reverse the dire prediction. To journey into terrifying realms, confront Yama and Shiva, and to vanquish the Kali demon. And to do so, he must shed all that holds a mortal back-his arrog
Jasleen Kaur
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is something different and totally worth a try. It has everything which the books written today lack. A precise portion of everything is well maintained by the author and I thoroughly enjoyed the new tales of post Mahabharata.

You can read the complete review here -

Mala Ashok
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Usha Narayanan's books have shown that her writing transcends genres. This book shows beyond doubt that mythology is the genre which is her forte.

"The Secret of God's Son," reads like an interesting novel but on close observation one can see the spiritual wisdom imparted therein.

This book is a keeper both for its readability and for its value.
Gayathiri Rajendran
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Secret of God’s Son is a sequel to the book,Pradyumna-Son of Krishna. This books has lived up to the expectations of the prequel. The language is simple and lucid but the philosophical points underlined in the story are heavy with meaning to be pondered well. The revelation at the end of the book was unexpected but good. Overall a thought provoking read.
Deepan Anand
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a mythology genre lover , I enjoyed reading this book, which is a sequel to the highly acclaimed book Pradyumna son of Krishna. Cover of the book is beautifully designed to match the story of the book .

Story starts with the mankind plunged into darkness by the curse of queen Gandhari. It is up to Pradyumna, the son of lord Krishna to save the world from the evils of Kali Yuga & also save the teachings of lord Krishna . He is well supported by his loving wife Maya . Their love for each
Ashish Jaituni
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as good as the last one! In fact, I wonder why this sequel was written! Nevertheless, for those who love mythology it is still a good read.
srinivas
K Mukund
Oct 26, 2016
Annauj Mattoo
Nov 29, 2016
Usha Narayanan had a successful career in advertising, media and corporate communications before becoming a full-time author. She has written 'The Madras Mangler', a suspense thriller, and two romances, 'Love,Lies and Layoffs' (Harlequin) and 'Doctor Stalker Spy' (Juggernaut). Her mythological bestsellers from Penguin include 'Pradyumna: Son of Krishna', 'The Secret of God’s Son', 'Prem Purana' an ...more

Pradyumna: Son of Krishna (2 books)
  • Pradyumna - Son of Krishna (Pradyumna: Son of Krishna #1)