Start by marking “Endless Flames (Surviving Ashes, #4)” as Want to Read:
Endless Flames (Surviving Ashes, #4)

Endless Flames

(Surviving Ashes #4)

Betrayal and desperation are a dangerous combination in this thrilling continuation of the Surviving Ashes series by USA Today Bestselling Author Kennedy Layne...

Berke Daniels has learned to live as if there is no tomorrow, because he knows firsthand it can all be taken away in a moment. His only family consists of those men he'd served with in the Corps, and he's been
Published September 27th 2016 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Endless Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endless Flames

Start your review of Endless Flames (Surviving Ashes, #4)
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
God I love this series. Granted it's a bit scary. Not in a horror kind of way, just in a this could happen kind of way. We've become attached to the characters and are invested in their survival. The research that has to go into this series must be intense. It definitely makes you think.
Michele bookloverforever
yet another marine buddy makes his way to a rendezvous at a bunker in Washington state after Yellowstone erupts. story ends with a loved one missing ...due to a kidnapping by evil people.
Linda George
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Book 4 of the Surviving the Ashes series builds on the earlier books. Former Marine Berke Daniels is coerced into taking police officer Maxie Denikin and her newly adopted one year old son with him on his trip to Lost Summit, Washington, to seek safety there with his Marine brothers and their father figure Master Sargent Tank. It is not easy traveling through the ash with a small child and their load of supplies for the isolated bunker community. Berke is haunted by his guilt that his talk about ...more
Poppy
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 and Berke is up!

I thought I loved all the leading ladies until now but it's been lust... love is Maxie! Damn you Kennedy for bringing these epic male and females to life!

Another back to back story with twists, turns, fan yourself moments in the dangerous world that is volcanic apocalypse!

Secrets are revealed in 'oh my freaking days' moments to the real leading man in this story... JACOB

The scene where Van meets Jacob... oh my god the tears were streaming.

Epic now off really meet Van
Cynthia L. Turner
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Berke, Maxie, and Jacob

This is the fourth book in The Surviving Ashes series but can be read as a standalone. Leaving Texas and heading west going against the current is not easy especially with a one year old baby but Berke and Maxie do just that and make it to Lost Summit. Romance, action, adventure, and surprises await the little family when they arrive and the story continues. This is a great addition to the series!
Gerri Blanton
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t put down

I like this book, flows continuous from the prior story. Each book is a stand alone, but it’s best to read in order. Book on survival if worst case scenario if Yellowstone erupted, and the former Marines who have formed a “ family” and their travels to get back to Washington state to their family. The men and the women in their lives, fight for survival and their growth and love develops when you’re not looking. This one has few awwww moments due to toddler. But great book
Mar
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Absolutely surprised in how good this was! Despite how repetitive the previous books were I actually felt connection with both MCs (they were awesome! And Maxie is such a badass!) and omg their "sexy times" were so freaking good! Love it!

Also thank God we finally saw some development with KTs story and why was he there in the first place!
Melanie Murray
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book.

This is a great series and each book is better than the last. Can't wait to read the next one
Darcy
Another team member heads to the camp. It seems that Berke has it a bit easier than the others despite having a toddler as a passenger. I liked the chemistry between Berke and Maxine, liked that they weren't a couple prior, but had an admiration that grew as they spent time together. Once they got to the camp it seemed like they did what they could to help out and got closer as well.

I look forward to getting Van's story, even knowing how it ends.
Allena
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The continuing story of the Surviving Ashes series.

Maxie Denikin has lived up to her father’s expectations and more in her achievements thus far as a decorated police officer.

This series has been amazing, as a fan of National Geographic channel I have watched many a show on the Yellowstone Park and scientists theorizing about an eruption. A must read by all means.

The
Kathryn
So I'm a fan. I like this genre, I like this author, I like her characters, I like the detail she puts into every single story, and I like that she loves to write Romantic Suspense. I'm a fan.

Berke and Maxie have so much personality wise it jumps off the pages. And Jacob... omg... Jacob. The author has got him down! As Berke & Maxie make their way to the "bunker" I tensed with anxiety knowing (from the previous stories) what trials they were going to have on the way there. I just knew
Vic
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I hate when you read the first chapter and then get the "3 weeks earlier... " plot device. I found myself skimming through that earlier time to get back to where I was. This is probably just a personal failing of mine but it did cause me to (obviously) be less connected to the story. Still enjoying the world building and want to know how Van's story turns out.
Gail
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love this series!!

Each book gets better. The story gets a little bit more intense, not sure it could get much more! You can feel the uncertainty, the fear, the ash that keeps falling.

But there is also a feeling of hope. Family, friends, lovers, enemies, this story has it all.
Joanne
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great series

This is an absolutely riveting storyline. Each book takes you further and further into what is possibly an event that is truly harrowing for everyone. Love and family is the underlying message throughout this book. The length these alpha heroes will go to in order to survive with their loved ones. Moving and poignant this is a must read series.
Bonnie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am fascinated with post-apocalyptic story lines, and this one fascinates me. I have loved this series since the first book and am fascinated with this author's view of surviving a natural disaster. These characters are ones you hope really exist in the world, and ones you hope will be able to survive and restore civilization back on course.
Gail Mitchell
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really hate finishing a book and not knowing when the next book in the series is due. The first book "Essential Beginnings" was the first Kennedy Layne book that I had read, and, I was immediately hooked. Each book in this series just keep building. Amazing series.
Diana Muise
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book. Can't wait for the last one. Highly recommend this series
Kathy Leslie
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just OK for me!

The book was ok. Loved the first two more! I loved little Jacob! He gave a light hearted element to the story. Very little in the way of romance.
Edna
Feb 28, 2018
Amy M
Dec 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Endless Flames (Surviving Ashes, #4) by Kennedy Layne 3 13 Sep 27, 2016 06:54AM

• Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
  • Doomsday Anarchy (The Doomsday, #3)
  • The Shift (Geostorm #1)
  • Premonitions: Book 1: The Farm
  • The Flood (Geostorm #4)
  • The Collapse (Geostorm #3)
  • Premonitions: Book 2: War
  • Come and Get Us
  • The Pulse (Geostorm #2)
  • Outpost - A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (What Remains Book 2)
  • One Child: The True Story of a Tormented Six-Year-Old and the Brilliant Teacher Who Reached Out
  • Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)
  • Resurrection (Redemption Harbor #1)
  • Zero Hour (Blackout #2)
  • Mission to Protect (Military K-9 Unit #1)
  • Crash Landing
  • Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble, #1)
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her ...more

Surviving Ashes (5 books)
  • Essential Beginnings (Surviving Ashes, #1)
  • Hidden Flames (Surviving Ashes, #2)
  • Buried Flames (Surviving Ashes, #3)
  • Rising Flames (Surviving Ashes, #5)