Start by marking “Dark Duke (Noble Passions #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Duke (Noble Passions #2)

Dark Duke

(Noble Passions #2)

Dark Duke, by Sabrina York
Book 2 in the Noble Passions Steamy Regency Series

Edward Wyeth, the Dark Duke of Moncrieff’s life has been turned on its end. His well-ordered home has been invaded. By destitute relatives. From Scotland. How on earth can he write Lord Hedon's salacious novels with hellions battling in the garden and starting fires in the library? But with the
Published June 29th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Duke

Start your review of Dark Duke (Noble Passions #2)
Gaele
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jeep-diva
If you haven’t dipped your toes into the joy of Sabrina York’s regency-era erotic romances, and you want a little more than just a blushing virginal bride, this is the series that you will need to dive into. And, BONUS points, while there are some characters that appear and are mentioned in each of the three books, you do not have to read them in any particular order. You just will want to read them.

Edward is the Dark Duke, a bored lord with a penchant for BDSM and a side-hobby of penning his
Rhonda Jones
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, Wicked, Fun

I am not normally a fan of BDSM but wow, just WOW! Great book. But you want to know what I liked best about this book? While the dark duke likes his sex with a bit of kink, you could tell he was a good guy by the things he did not do. He has a house full of young cousins making mayhem in his prior bachelor pad. And while he grouses and hides, he does nothing to hurt those boys in any way. He does not shout, he does not spank the boys, he lets them have their fun. I liked the
Tina "IRead2Escape"
4.5 Stars

Hotness Rating 4 out of 5

Dark Duke is the 3rd book of the Noble Passions series. I have not read the first 2 books in this series, so I was a little afraid it would affect my experience with this book. Boy, was I wrong. On top of that, I'm not typically a fan of historical books. Sabrina has now made me a lover of her historicals, at the very least. This book was amazing! I couldn't get enough of it and was so disappointed when I got to the last page.

Edward Wyeth is known as the dark
Bambi Unbridled
I would love it if these books were full-length novels. I am enjoying all of the characters... dark nobility and saucy heroines are my favorite historical character types. So I would love it if these stories had more character development and back story. It's hard to jam those aspects and building sexual tension into a novella-length story, you kinda got get to it fast and dirty like... and that is just what Sabrina York does here.

We met Edward Wyeth, the Duke of Moncrieff in Dark Fancy where he
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
"Lord love a duck. It was fantastic." I'm head over heals in luv with this series! Just when I think it couldn't get any better, I go and read Edward's story! Historical settings, funny dialogue, and smokin' hawt sex! Oh yeah!!! If you've not read any of Sabrina York's books, stop what you are doing and go one click this one! You will be hooked and immediately run and get the rest in the series!!
Pansy
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
She has done it again! HRH Sabrina York has penned a HOT and wonderfully entertaining story. Meet Edward Wyeth, Duke of Moncieff, a delightful degenerate who has earned the nick name Dark Duke. The only person who may take more delight in debauching decent damsels would be his non de plume, hedonistic Lord Hedon. I absolutely loved having an erotic author write a story featuring an author of erotica! But as we all know, erotica, written with men in mind as the primary readers, needs to have ...more
Deserie williams
Dec 02, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no  ·  review of another edition
self note: Hero had feelings for heroine in previous book! also he participated in orgies. yuck! no thanks!
Christy Lynn
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dark Duke find light in a lover.
Rebecca
This was a pretty good second book in the series. I am still looking forward to the other books in the series but I feel as though it's going to go down a different route to what I originally thought.

The main characters are Edward and Kaitlin. Edward is the notorious womaniser we met briefly towards the end of the previous book in the series. Kaitlin is his cousin's friend who is living with him. They meet in the library late one evening and try to fight their undeniable attraction for each
Lily
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book in Sabrina York's Noble Passions series focused on the Duke of Moncrieff who we met in book one. I had big expectations for this interesting character. While I found his story entertaining, I don't think he was quite as dark and complex as I had hoped. Still the story was steamy, erotic and engaging. On to book 3.
Cordelia Linder
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's getting HOT in here.

My kind of historical romance, hot & steamy with sex that comes off the pages. WOW. This is my second book by Ms. York and thus far they both have been great, but this one is by far the best. Keep them coming, and yes, pun is intended.
Sidsel Pedersen
Steamy and so much fun

That was really enjoyed. The book is funny, steamy and quite readable. The story is very far from historical correct, but it's better for it.
Courtney
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found the first book in this series, Dark Fancy, on Negalley and received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. Having honestly loved it, I immediately bought the rest of the series.

This book is the second installment and revolves around the Dark Duke, the Duke of Moncrieff, whom we briefly meet at the end of Dark Fancy, and his cousin Violet’s friend, Kaitlin.

Right there, that should tell you that this book spends a LOT of time on plot, character development, and on setting up the
E.
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Dark Duke” by Sabrina York is a delicious erotic historical romance that spotlights Edward Wyeth, the Duke of Moncrieff, as his world is turned upside-down by his visitors, particularly the companion who accompanies his cousin Violet, Kaitlin MacAllister. Edward’s secret vocation requires a very open-minded person to accept and it never occurs to him that the mousy Scot, Kaitlin, has her own secrets that will make her a perfect foil for him, if only he can get past her formidable
Lorraine Brattin
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Sabrina York.

Oh my gosh was this a great story. I knew from book 1 Dark Fancy, that this was going to be a great story. It introduced Edward, the Dark Duke to the series and it did not disappoint me.

Edward is quite familiar with the ladies and has a dark side to himself that is brought up in the story. Due to the death of their parents he is made guardian for 6 children even though some are in their teens. As the children are living in the home, he likes to disappear to a
Christine
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-botb-2014
I have enjoyed some of Sabrina York's other books, and thought that the Dark Duke looked like it might be good, and it was. The entire story is just one big ball of cotton candy.

Kaitlin is such an appealing heroine. She's smart, funny, and no-nonsense. Edward is stuffy, arrogant, but very hot. There's no angst, drama, or tears...just lots of steamy sex and two people who discover that they're great together.

Yes, it's supposed to be a HR...and yes...it's easy to nitpick about Kaitlin's "Sex and
Michelle Quintana
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading Edward's and Kaitlin's story. Edward at times was definitely too much at times. It made me laugh at how he got jealous at himself where Kaitlin is concerned. They work well together after he discovers her drawings and she finds out that the books she has been secretly reading needs a new illustrator. I never did understand why he never asked how she became a fallen woman, especially after he finds out her station in life. When she goes back to her betrothed, some interesting ...more
Suszet Roberts
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good

This series just keeps getting better and better. Edward is bored with his daily routine and also a bit jealous of his friend who found love. Due to the untimely death of his uncle, his cousins have moved in and turned his home into mayhem. Kaitlin is running from an arranged marriage and poses as her best friend companion. Edward is drawn to her and one thing leds to another, will he realize before it's too late that Kaitlin completes him or will her betrothed demand retribution. Got this
C.A. Szarek
So normally I don't read series out of order but this time I did. And I have to say I did not like this one as much as I like the fourth book in the series even though there was something in that book that upset me greatly. BDSM is not anywhere near my thing and this one had too much of it in the sex scenes to hold my interest. However I am curious enough about book 5 to pick it up. And I did not hate this book. It had plot, despite the sex, and I really did enjoy the characters. For me, it was ...more
E Reader
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Major steaminess, Sir

Wow, this was a steamy one! The Dark Duke and Kaitlin were quite a pair, so steamy from the moment they were alone and ratcheted it up from there. Then Kaitlin's past came back to haunt her. Will the Duke be able to save her or has he lost her for good?
This was a great read. Kaitlin and the Duke are super entertaining. I would recommend this book who enjoys fun and a little dark romance. Sabrina York writes engaging characters and fun storylines that are hard to put down.
Debra
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow and wow

I read this in one nite now I have book 3 but I dare not read it now for I have to work tomorrow and I know if I start I will not want to stop. Your books are like an addition. Lady you can tell a story and I won't stop until I seek rehabilitation and I have no intention of that so I guess I am good and hooked.
You are amazing. May your guardian Angel continue to bless you with success. D.H. from New York City p.s. Thanks
Michelle
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Duke is the third book in Sabrina York’s Noble Passions series. I hadn’t read any of the previous books when I started this one but I don’t feel like I missed out on anything by reading it as a stand-alone. Ms. York knows how to write a story that draws the reader in with likable characters, an interesting plot and steamy romance.

Full review here.
Tracey Parker
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Edward was seen as the dark Duke, so depraved that people thought he had horns. With his cousins now living with him he still felt alone. But he did have an interest in his cousin's companion, Kaitlin. But things are not as he thinks they are. As they get tangled up more and more, the truth comes out, a lot of truths. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Wendy Tavenner
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot, hot and hot!!

Loved the book!! Edward said he would never end up like his friend James and his new bride. But he hadn't met the likes of Kaitlin yet!! A great read with a bit of a mystery with Violet!!
Vivian
Nov 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I got to 40% of the book and stopped. There is no tension in between the two characters, they just jump right into the sex. This is erotica historical read. I need everything that goes into a story, not just the good stuff.
EvilAntie Jan
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesomely dark

What a wonderful read. The Dark Duke has met his match. This is invigorating reading experience with to witty characters. Their bantering is entertaining and pulls you into the storyline. Love how the transition to the next in the series is handled.
Heather
Jul 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Awesome

Edward finally found his match but also his equal. Katlin a Scots woman but companion to Edwards cousin Violet, knows he has one thing in mi d seduction but she has few tricks up slkeeve to surprise and knock him off his feet in a delicious way
Dar
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! These books are simply perfect in every way
Elaine
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Steamy hot story. I do prefer book 1 though.
Excellent series so far!
Ltlmer2
This book and Sabrina York going on my all-time favorites list!

• The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Deeply In You (The Wicked Dukes, #1)
  • Wanton in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 3)
  • Pride and Pleasure
  • The Heiress's Deception (Sinful Brides, #4)
  • A Midsummer Kiss (Kiss the Wallflower #1)
  • Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Scandalous Diary of Lily Layton (Sweetest Taboo #3)
  • Sinjin (Rakehells of Rochester, #1)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • The First Sinners (The Sinners Club, #0.5)
  • For Desire Alone (Mistress Matchmaker, #2)
  • Victor (The Rakehells of Rochester Book 2)
  • The Scot Beds His Wife (Victorian Rebels, #5)
  • Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined #1.5)
  • The Duke's Mistress (Regency Unlaced, #1)
  • The Duke of Desire (The 1797 Club, #9)
  • A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse
New York Times and USA Today bestselling Romance Author

To check out coming books visit www.sabrinayork.com

Amazon Page: amazon.com/author/sabrinayork
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SabrinaYorkBooks
Twitter: @sabrina_york

Noble Passions (5 books)
  • Dark Fancy (Noble Passions, #1)
  • Brigand (Noble Passions #3)
  • Defiant (Noble Passions #4)
  • Folly (Noble Passions #5)
“They are children.” She gored him with a look. “Are they?” Well. Perhaps not. There were moments when he wondered if the other demons in hell ever missed their playmates.” 2 likes